It’s weird… we just recently learned of the upcoming I Say x3 reissue, but on yesterday’s radio show with Reed, Vince said that the Erasure self-titled album was being worked on and he was asked to do a new remix. Then he introduced “Stay With Me” but it wasn’t clear if that was the song he was remixing! Anyway… still intriguing!
Thank you for posting this interview. I was 11 when Erasure came out and it has stayed with me ever since. It was an entire universe in my mind, something adult and strange, something of the city rather than my small town. These days I live in London and I have recently been listening to Erasure as I sit looking at the twinkling skyline from the overground train or my flat. I always return to the record in autumn. Even now, I discover new sounds in the record.
Fascinating to know there is a whole other album's worth of longform material. I know we wanted Dayglow to be the new Erasure, but I suspect the sheer effort to create the original would be hard to replicate.