Extended Blue (2026)

Andy's debut solo album produced with Manhattan Clique
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

Extended Blue press release.

Andy Bell commented: “Blue, blue, electric blue” is one of my favourite expressions from Bowie’s 'Sound and Vision'. We had a blast making this album. There was lots of Divine and the kind of cheeky-ass comments that only straight, gay-friendly, men can make. The music is sublime space-electro-disco and would fit onto any cool playlist. The presence of Ms Brücken - or Mrs Bridges as we like to call her - and Mr Shears only adds to the glamour and the mystique. As for Chris and Phillip, they are very naughty, but ultra-talented boys who know their onions. I’m sure we'll do another one day, when time allows, but as for now here’s to Clique Cheer!

Philip Larsen adds: “We explored so many production ideas and directions working on Electric Blue with Andy. It was always such a pleasure seeing where each song would end up and recording Andy was a dream: soaring vocals, always pinpoint-accurate whilst full of emotion. Revisiting some of the previously-unreleased extended versions has been great fun after all these years. I’m still immensely proud of the album. It’s also from a different time in life, when Andy lived near our Manhattan Loft studio in North London. We would all have dinner together, record the vocals for a song and inevitably go out for a nightcap and dance in Soho afterwards. The songs and productions on this album feel like they have stood the test of time. I’m excited that they can be revisited on this vinyl.”

Comments Chris Smith: “We were never happy with the original vinyl pressing, which was pressed on cheap vinyl. We also had to make a lot of edits to squeeze it on the single vinyl that the label demanded for budget reasons. This went against the 12” extended club concept of the album that we wanted. This version of the album features unheard full-length versions recorded during 2004-5, and although we’ve taken the time to add a little extra sparkle and freshen it all up using new studio technology, the recordings essentially remain the same. With 20 years more experience and better tech, we could have made the album sound more sophisticated. But if we’d done that, we’d have missed some of its passion and energy. The album as it stands captures a moment really well. We all had a such a great time making Electric Blue, with a lot of late nights, hanging out with Claudia, and some totally mad club shows in the UK and Europe. Above all, Andy’s vocals still sound timeless.”
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

Image Image Image

Image
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
Leedsmark
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:46 pm

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Leedsmark »

Pughie wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2026 8:30 pm Image

https://www.lexermusic.com/andy-bell
Any bonus extended blue CD's left?

Also where does it fit into the 2017 reissue? I cant see any room. Just enough room for the 3 currently inside?
Rating: 25%
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

Leedsmark wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2026 4:09 pm
Any bonus extended blue CD's left?

Also where does it fit into the 2017 reissue? I cant see any room. Just enough room for the 3 currently inside?
Lexer are still showing bonus CD as part of the order page,so I assume they still have some,but they did post they only had a few left.

Im also confused about the CD fitting inside the older reissue,as this wouldn’t have been thought of 9 years ago.
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

Release Date Change

We have a release date change to let you know about:

The release of both Andy Bell - Extended Blue - (Deluxe 3LP MultiColour Blue Vinyl Album) and Andy Bell - Love Oneself / Delicious - (Pink Coloured 12" Vinyl) along with associated merchandise are delayed. We are currently waiting for a revised release date from the manufacturer via the label's agent and will communicate this as soon as we have it.
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

Pughie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 8:28 am Release Date Change

We have a release date change to let you know about:

The release of both Andy Bell - Extended Blue - (Deluxe 3LP MultiColour Blue Vinyl Album) and Andy Bell - Love Oneself / Delicious - (Pink Coloured 12" Vinyl) along with associated merchandise are delayed. We are currently waiting for a revised release date from the manufacturer via the label's agent and will communicate this as soon as we have it.
EIS update 28th August 2026

ANDY BELL: UNFORTUNATELY THE RELEASE OF THE NEW TRIPLE-VINYL EDITION OF ANDY BELL'S 'EXTENDED BLUE' ALBUM AND THE 'LOVE ONESELF'/'DELICIOUS' VINYL SINGLE HAS BEEN DELAYED

As much as I love to celebrate good news, in particular a release day - and today should have seen the release of the new vinyl edition of Andy Bell's 'Extended Blue' album - I equally dislike reporting bad news, which is why I am extremely sorry to tell you that the release of 'Extended Blue' has been delayed and that we currently don't have a new release date to share with you. On the back of the delay to the 12" vinyl single of 'Love Oneself' and 'Delicious' that I reported in the last newsletter, I know that this will come as extremely disappointing news, particularly as this information is coming through so late in the day. While I'm still waiting for the label behind both of these releases to update me on the reason for the delay on the single, I do know that it's not coming out today which was the new date we were given a fortnight ago. As soon as I have news on the new single release date I will update you. On the album however, the delay is down to the audio quality of the original vinyl cut not being quite up to scratch which meant the vinyl required a re-cut, which can take a bit of time. I believe the new cut has now been completed and, like you, I am now waiting for an update from the label with an indication of the new release date. On all of that I will update you when I'm able, but in the meantime please accept the label's apologies for the delays and know that we share your frustrations over the lack of timely communication around the project. Onwards and upwards. Both 'Extended Blue' and the 'Love Oneself'/'Delicious' single remain available to pre-order from Lexer Music and from all good UK vinyl retailers.
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

Richard EIS taken from a FaceBook post-

ANDY BELL: UNFORTUNATELY THE RELEASE OF THE NEW TRIPLE-VINYL EDITION OF ANDY BELL'S 'EXTENDED BLUE' ALBUM AND 'LOVE ONESELF'/'DELICIOUS' VINYL SINGLE HAS BEEN DELAYED
As you know, in my last newsletter two weeks ago I shared the disappointing news that the forthcoming new triple-vinyl edition of 'Electric Blue' has been delayed. I also said that I would update when I had an update on the new project timeline to share and frustratingly that's still not the case. Despite pushing the label responsible for this release to communicate the reason for the delay of the 'Love Oneself'/'Delicious' 12" vinyl, and for its new release date, as well as pushing for the new 'Electric Blue' release date which a fortnight ago was waiting for a new vinyl cut, I have been given no new information whatsoever. I'm so sorry that this project isn't being presented with the respect that we would like shown to any Erasure-related release, but please rest assured that I am doing everything I can to get the information you need on the status of your orders. Thank you for your patience, and for your support.

Sorry everyone, but have a fab weekend! x
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

ANDY BELL: THE NEW TRIPLE-VINYL EDITION OF ANDY BELL'S 'EXTENDED BLUE' ALBUM AND ACCOMPANYING VINYL SINGLE NOW HAS A NEW RELEASE SCHEDULE
I am delighted that I am finally able to share a new release schedule for the delayed 21st anniversary edition of Andy Bell's 'Electric Blue' triple-vinyl reissue. As I reported in previous newsletters, the album was delayed after audio issues were spotted in the test-pressings but those issue should now be corrected and new test-pressings should be delivered soon. Unfortunately the delay meant that 'Electric Blue' lost its place in the production queue and needed to be rebooked as soon as the manufacturer was able. It is now booked in again and we have been told that we can be confident to announce a new firm release date of December 4th, and if stock is delivered before then it will be dispatched to fulfil any pre-orders as soon as it arrives. In order to make the wait a little more bearable the label will be sending an MP3 version of the album to everyone who has pre-ordered 'Electric Blue' from Lexer Music, and that offer will also apply to any pre-orders placed via Lexer before 28th September, in case you haven't already pre-ordered. If you need to know more about this new triple-vinyl edition of 'Electric Blue' then you can find all the details on the Lexer Music website here. Although we haven't been advised on the reason for the delay of the accompanying single, the 12" vinyl of 'Love Oneself'/'Delicious', I have been told that the new date for that release is now 20th November, although the label are expecting stock to arrive earlier in November and, as with the album, pre-orders will be shipped as soon as the records arrive. If you have pre-ordered the 'Love Oneself'/'Delicious' 12" vinyl single from Lexer Music (or if you do so before 28th September) then you will receive an MP3 version of those tracks shortly. Phew! So that's the new schedule for those releases, with apologies from the label for their previous lack of communication.

Image
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

WTF!

Now I fully understand the title "Extended Blue",every track is extended and remixed including the b-sides, what a great job too.

Be prepared to fall in love again.

Check your emails for download links, if you've pre-ordered.
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Extended Blue (2026)

Post by Pughie »

Pughie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2026 10:17 am
kwerty wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2026 9:33 am Ah... so this is just the original album topped up with b-sides. On vinyl. That's £40 I can save then!

Exactly,it’s the original album,plus 4 b sides.
This and the limited edition of 500 CD’s (that have almost gone) is exactly the same tracklisting as vinyl & the same as CD1 from the 2017 3 disc set.
The only ‘new’ material from this preorder are the 2 new 2026 Manhattan Clique mixes from the 12” single,the other 2 tracks are the same Andy only vocal from the 3 disc 2017 set. The press release does state they are Andy only from before Claudia got involved but that isn’t the case as you can hear her in the mix.
:facepalm:
UPDATE-the whole album has now extended versions of each track including the added bonus b-sides.
From Wonderland to the World Beyond
Post Reply

Return to “Electric Blue (2005)(2017) Extended Blue (2026)”