Page 1 of 1

Radio!! Radio!! (2027)

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:29 pm
by Pughie
Image

RADIO!! RADIO!!

Baby On The Radio Forever
Lucky Boy
Wings Of Love
Listen To The Beauty
Where Our Love Hides
Star Clouds
Where Are All The People?
Holy!
Jealousy
There Ain’t No Place Like Home

ERASURE
VINCE CLARKE AND ANDY BELL ANNOUNCE DETAILS OF THEIR NEW STUDIO ALBUM
RADIO!! RADIO!! – OUT 12 MARCH 2027

ARENA TOUR ANNOUNCED FOR 2027
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS LADYTRON (UK & IRELAND)

Erasure – Andy Bell & Vince Clarke – have launched their 20th album release, Radio!! Radio!! with a new track, ‘Wings Of Love’ alongside details of an arena tour in April / May 2027 across the UK and Europe.

Radio!! Radio!! finds one of contemporary pop music’s greatest, most beloved songwriting partnerships creating music that’s hopeful and defiant, effusive and ecstatic. New single ‘Wings Of Love’, which premiered on BBC Radio 2, is already a classic slice of perfect, glassy synthpop, one that captures the human heart of the new album, with Bell singing about love and loneliness, and his gratitude for all those he’s appreciated in his life.


The BRIT and Ivor Novello award-winning duo’s first new studio album in six years sees Andy Bell and Vince Clarke continue to refine and deepen the pop edifice they’ve been building over the past 40 years – 2026 marks the 40th anniversary of their debut album – with a set of songs about love, loss and injustice that speaks, powerfully, to our empathy-starved times. “Some of the songs are quite reflective of stuff that’s been going on in my life, but not all of them,” says Clarke. “We didn’t have to think about it or talk about it – it just happened that way.”

Radio!! Radio!! is a uniquely personal record for Erasure, a quality that speaks to the devastating period of grief that the band faced in the years prior to its creation and the incredible bond they have created over 40 years of unbroken time working together. “When you’re a songwriting partnership for so long, it’s very deep, kind of like a soul connection,” says Bell. “You trust that person with your life, and because of the nature of songwriting, you just lay bare your soul. That becomes a sacred space.”

When Bell and Clarke did come together to write again, it was as much in the spirit of uplifting an old friend as it was work. “When something traumatic happens, there’s a profound shift in the way you relate to each other – the respect you have for each other,” says Bell. Whether consciously or unconsciously, the songs they were writing began to take on the tenor of hope and healing. “Vince has helped me through some terrible times, and so I always wanted to be there for him. I think that’s what this album is about,” says Bell.

The songs on Radio!! Radio!! are rooted in Erasure’s unique synth-pop palette with some key augmentation: When working on the sound of this album, Clarke was unusually drawn to piano, inspired by composers like Erik Satie, as well as acoustic guitar. The use of these instruments adds drama and depth to Erasure’s sound: “I found techniques – ways to use piano that sounded really organic, and same with guitar.”

Erasure will take to the road in 2027 for an arena tour beginning in Cardiff Utilita Arena on 25 April before travelling throughout the UK, finishing with a date at London’s O2 Arena then heading to Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Full dates are below, with more to follow. Vince Clarke will be Musical Director for the tour, but will not be appearing onstage alongside Andy Bell. He explains, “I recently moved to California from New York, and I travelled from here to London. The travelling took a toll – it really messed me up. I never seemed to recover from it. I just thought ‘I don’t want to do this anymore’. I told Andy, and he made me musical director, and I thought, ‘how fantastic is that?’ I can do all my work and all my direction from here, but I don’t have to leave sunny San Diego.”

Bell goes on to say, “I’m so pleased that we were able to find a way for the tour to work for Vince. He’s always too modest but he’s so much more than the Musical Director, Vince is one of the great loves of my life and everything we do as Erasure we decide together.”

You can hear that thread of warmth and mutual care across Radio!! Radio!!, an album that transposes the dazzling hugeness of the duo’s best work onto avowedly more personal, more reflective songwriting material. Bell acknowledges that it would be easier, perhaps, for he and Clarke to go on autopilot, 40 years into their career. But how would that pass as Erasure? “It’s a two-person brain, and everything that we’ve gone through comes into it,” he says. “We have a sense of responsibility. We couldn’t ever do something throwaway.”

Radio!! Radio!! is released by Mute on vinyl, CD and digitally on 12 March 2027.

RECENT PRAISE FOR ERASURE

“A guiltless pleasure” – MOJO 4/5

“A record this vibrant, after this long, deserves more than a little respect.” – METRO 4/5

“Positively pulsates with rude melody and soulful exuberance.” – UNCUT

“Pop marvels strike again.” – RECORD COLLECTOR 4/5

“An upbeat, vibrant, stunning collection of songs that finds Vince Clarke and Andy Bell at their absolute best; an album that radiates love, hope and the enduring power of positivity.” CLASH

“…synth-pop pioneers remind fans how much fun they are.” – THE TIMES 4/5

“Pandemic blues? Climate crisis? Send in Erasure, the two-man pop panacea…” – THE SCOTSMAN 4/5

Image

https://www.erasureinfo.com/radio-radio/

Lexer-

Image Image Image Image

https://www.lexermusic.com/all-erasure

Rough Trade

LP - Red and Yellow Splatter / Rough Trade Exclusive

Image

https://www.roughtrade.com/product/erasure/radio-radio

HMV Exclusive

Image Image

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (202*]

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:48 am
by moxxey
Annoyingly, I can't listen to Radio 2 this morning. Anyone want give a quick announcement summary?

Just noticed some single feedback on Facebook - people saying they are disappointed?

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (202*]

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:01 am
by Pughie
moxxey wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:48 am Annoyingly, I can't listen to Radio 2 this morning. Anyone want give a quick announcement summary?

Just noticed some single feedback on Facebook - people saying they are disappointed?

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (2027)

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:27 pm
by Leedsmark
@Pughie

Whats the difference if any between the normal (pink) CD and the Special edition one (in green?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (2027)

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:57 pm
by Pughie
Leedsmark wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:27 pm @Pughie

Whats the difference if any between the normal (pink) CD and the Special edition one (in green?

Thanks in advance
Mark
Im in the process of putting up all the variants but as far as I can see it’s just the colour of the sleeve,no extra tracks which is odd I don’t think that’s ‘special’ enough.

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (2027)

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:08 pm
by kwerty
Pughie wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:57 pm
Leedsmark wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:27 pm @Pughie

Whats the difference if any between the normal (pink) CD and the Special edition one (in green?

Thanks in advance
Mark
Im in the process of putting up all the variants but as far as I can see it’s just the colour of the sleeve,no extra tracks which is odd I don’t think that’s ‘special’ enough.
It might just be nothing more than a 'luxury' packaging thing - a glossy cardboard booklet type thing instead of the standard plastic jewel case. Preparing us for when that's all the Loveboat deluxe edition turns out to be!

You would think though that they'd say more about it - at the moment they're asking us to pay £1 extra for it to be in green.

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (2027)

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:35 pm
by kwerty
Leedsmark wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:27 pm
Whats the difference if any between the normal (pink) CD and the Special edition one (in green?
I don't know if I missed this before or it's been updated since I last looked, but there's some details on the Mute store about the CDs:

@Pughie

Pink version:
Catalogue Number: CDSTUMM545
Card eco pac with 12 page booklet

Green version
Catalogue Number: XLCDSTUMM545
Special edition CD: Packaged in mirrorboard sleeve
D2C Exclusive format

(D2C just means direct sale I think? which I figure means it won't be in shops)

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (2027)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:07 am
by Pughie
Image

Andy with Gary Davies on the Sara Cox Breakfast Show talking all things Radio!! Radio!!

Re: Radio!! Radio!! (2027)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:51 pm
by mrblue
If the green “special edition” has an XLCD catalog number, does that mean an LCD will be coming later?

Having been a fan for so long, I feel like I should know the drill by now. I’ll wait and buy the expanded version that includes some bonus tracks or mixes or something extra. I can’t say I’m a big fan of how they release the same 10 tracks on so many “collectible” formats with nothing extra. Cassette… really??