Solsbury Hill - 37B Mix

Erasurized versions of classic pop songs
AaronLancs

Solsbury Hill - 37B Mix

Post by AaronLancs »

Just thinking on about this mix and any of the "37B Mixes" that existed in this era. Could someone confirm a suspicion that these were the Original Mixes of the songs before the remixers got a hold of them?

Many thanks for whatever information you may impart.
Rating: 25%

Longing to sail on through the night to the stars.
"All Through The Years" - I Say, I Say, I Say
Pughie
Site Admin

Re: Solsbury Hill - 37B Mix

Post by Pughie »

AaronLancs wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:30 pm Just thinking on about this mix and any of the "37B Mixes" that existed in this era. Could someone confirm a suspicion that these were the Original Mixes of the songs before the remixers got a hold of them?

It’s very possible they were the original mixes,or maybe just very advanced demos as it doesn’t seem to be that much difference to the final released versions.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond
AaronLancs

Post by AaronLancs »

Pughie wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:14 am
AaronLancs wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:30 pm Just thinking on about this mix and any of the "37B Mixes" that existed in this era. Could someone confirm a suspicion that these were the Original Mixes of the songs before the remixers got a hold of them?

It’s very possible they were the original mixes,or maybe just very advanced demos as it doesn’t seem to be that much difference to the final released versions.
Well with Solsbury Hill there seems to me be a marked difference. The "37B Mix" seems more in keeping with the original Peter Gabriel version. Whereas the "Dave Bascombe Mix / Album Version" is too frenetic, if that makes sense. Also I kinda dig the "37B" a lot more as it sounds "indie" in my head.

Longing to sail on through the night to the stars.
"All Through The Years" - I Say, I Say, I Say
dcd747

Post by dcd747 »

I would concur that the "original mix" theory seems very likely. After all, the 37B Mix was similar to the version that was performed live (see The Sanctuary DVD). Vince tends to stick to his own mixes/arrangements when preparing the live versions (e.g., I Could Fall in Love with You). I do find the 37B Mix of Solsbury Hill to be severely lacking some punch.

Return to “Other People's Songs (2003)”