Print Topic - Archive

erasure4rum  /  Other Bands/Artists  /  Lanah Pillay (Erasure Remix)
Posted by: Pughie, June 10, 2018, 4:00pm
Torsten friend Lana P has a new Erasure remix of her 80's single Pistol In My Pocket.

To celebrate 31 years since my first hit with Stock, Aitken & Waterman, “Pistol In My Pocket”, I’m SO excited to announce that I’ve teamed up with my best friends Erasure, to drop a fabulous new remix!
It’ll be out on June 15th on EVERY streaming service and the video on YouTube.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

taken from http://www.pillaydium.com/

SPECIAL  ANNIVERSARY EDITION
OF THE CLASSIC 80'S
"PISTOL IN MY POCKET"

REMIXED BY THE WORLD RENOWNED ELECTRONIC DUO
ERASURE ANDY BELL & VINCE CLARKE
WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE ON LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE VINYL ONLY AVAILABLE FROM

LANAH'S ONLINE SHOP

"The ERASURE Mix"

THE SENSATIONAL HI-NRG DISCO CLASSIC "PISTOL IN MY POCKET" IS 32 YEARS OF AGE IN FACT THE SAME AGE AS ITS ORIGINAL SINGER LANAH {LANA PILLAY} IN HER OWN MIND?... AND LINEAR TIME IN FACT JUST LIKE MAE WEST {IN HER 80s} SHE CAN ONLY PLAY 26..INNIT, HAHA!.

IN 1986 WRITING PARTNERS MORRISON AND WASHBOURN FOR STOCK,AITKEN AND WATERMAN WROTE THE DISCO CLASSIC "PISTOL IN MY POCKET" ESPECIALLY FOR THE RANKING LANAH P.

LANAH A PERSON OF MANY NAMES AND TWO GENDERS AND A SEMINAL STAR OF THE THEN NEW CHANNEL 4 TV.s, THE GROUND BREAKING "THE COMICSTRIP PRESENTS"ALONG SIDE ERSTWHILE CO STARS DAWN FRENCH JENNIFER SAUNDERS,RUBY WAX,ROBBIE COLTRANE AND ONE TIME FUNNYMAN KEITH ALLEN DADDY TO LILLEY, THEY EVEN WROTE A SPECIAL BIG SCREEN HIT MOVIE FOR THE UNIQUE LANAH CALLED "EAT THE RICH" LANAH WAS NOT ONLY A SCREEN STANDOUT! BUT AN INSTANT DISCO LEGEND COMPARISONS TO THE LATE GREAT SYLVESTER {YOU MAKE ME FEEL MIGHTY REAL} AND DEAD OR ALIVE'S PETE BURNS WERE OBVIOUS, HOWEVER INSTANTLY ADDRESSED BY LANAH HERSELF, DECLARING" I LOVE AND KNOW THEM BOTH,HOWEVER AS FOR THE FORMER I'M A FIRST RATE ME NOT A SECOND RATE SOMEBODY ELSE, AND AS FOR THE LATTER, YEA BUT I'VE ALWAYS BEEN MORE ALIVE THAN DEAD,..INNIT".

IN SPITE BEING AGAINST THE PRISM OF A POLITICALLY RIGHT WING ENGLAND AND ALL THE RACIST PREJUDICES AND BIGOTED MORES OF THE TIME, LANAH TOOK THE WORLD WIDE DANCE FLOORS BY STORM AND REIGNED SUPREME FOR MANY WEEKS EVEN ECLIPSING THE LIKES OF GLORIA GAYNOR AND MIQUEL BROWN IN MANY OF THE CLUB CHARTS AND EVEN HAD A TOP TEN HIT IN THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL CHARTS APPEARING ON MOLLY MELDRUM'S COUNTDOWN, THE OZ EQUIVALENT OF OUR OWN NOW DEFUNCT TOP OF THE POPS, WHICH SHE HAS APPEARED ON TWICE NO LESS, PLUS THE ITV CHART SHOW AND ON MTV FOR 8 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS,THIS WAS IN THE MOST HOSTILE OF CLIMATES IN BRITISH HISTORY RACISM AND LGBTQ PHOBIA WERE RIFE AND A.I.D.S WAS CONSIDERED A TERRIBLE PLAGUE WITH AN AWFUL LOT OF STIGMA ATTACHED STIRRED BY A CONSERVATIVE AND DELETERIOUS PRESS WHICH HURT EVERYBODY! IN ITS DESTRUCTIVENESS.

BUT IN SPITE OF IT ALL "PISTOL IN MY POCKET" BECAME THE SOUND TRACK OF MILLIONS OF CLUBBERS LIVE'S IT WAS THE DISCO ANTHEM OF A DECADE AND BEING THE PREMIERE TRANSGENDERIST OF THE DAY LANAH TRAILBLAZED FOR ALL THOSE FOLLOWING BEHIND TO COME FORTH AND EXPRESS THEIR GENDER DUALITIES AND FREE THEIR FEARS WHEN LANAH PERFORMED IT,IT BECAME AN EXPOSITION THAT ILLUMINATED THE FEARS, HOPES, ANXIETIES AND DREAMS OF HER MYRIAD FANS INTERNAL WORLDS, IT BECAME THE THEME TUNE AT LEIGH BOWERY'S LEGENDARY NIGHT CLUB TABOO AND WHERE LANAH FIRST BECAME A FASHIONISTA ICON,A GREAT PERIOD IN BRITISH EXPRESSIONISM, TABOO WAS MADE INTO A FAIRLY ACCURATE HIT MUSICAL BY BOY GEORGE IN 2002. PISTOL IN MY POCKET COULD BE HEARD AS BACKGROUND NOISE ON SEVERAL TOP TV SHOWS INCLUDING EASTENDERS, ELDORADO AND WILL AND GRACE.

2018 CELEBRATES A COMPLETE RECORDING AND BRAND NEW REMIX BY VINCE CLARKE AND ANDY BELL OF ERASURE INCLUDING NEW VOCALS ON THIS FRESH NEW OFFERING OF DISCO CLASSIC "PISTOL IN MY POCKET" WHILST MAINTAINING ALL THE MAGIC AND MAGNIFICENCE OF THE ORIGINAL. THERE'S NO GETTING AWAY FROM IT LANAH IS A GENUINE ORIGINAL WHO IS OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED!.
Posted by: Pughie, June 10, 2018, 4:25pm; Reply: 1
Heres a reminder of Lana's collaboration with Andy Bell on the Torsten The Beautiful Libertine track Queercore (Matt Pop Radio Mix).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYStapJjWp4
Posted by: devoleb, June 10, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 2
Where to pre-order the vinyl....?!
Posted by: Pughie, June 10, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from devoleb
Where to pre-order the vinyl....?!

Ive sent an email asking,but her website says the track is out may28th so it looks like things have changed already.

Posted by: Pughie, June 10, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 4
Could this be it?,what do you think?

Pistol in My Pocket - Single by Lanah P https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/pistol-in-my-pocket-single/1396625447
Posted by: Pughie, June 11, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 5
Amazon uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DM9ZQ85/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528718457&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=lanah+p+pistil+in+my+pocket
Posted by: Pughie, June 13, 2018, 10:22am; Reply: 6
The iTunes & Amazon version online to buy right now does seem to be the same version from this Instagram post from Lanah,but please try and spell his name right Lanah!!

Posted by: DAJ, June 13, 2018, 2:37pm; Reply: 7
Now on Spotify.  Not listed as "Erasure mix," but I think that's the one.

Very derivative of Dead or Alive--so I see why it was not a hit at the time, but all these years later, it is pleasant enough.  
Posted by: devoleb, June 13, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from DAJ
Now on Spotify.  Not listed as "Erasure mix," but I think that's the one.

Very derivative of Dead or Alive--so I see why it was not a hit at the time, but all these years later, it is pleasant enough.  

Any sight of the physical release ?
Posted by: Pughie, June 14, 2018, 7:46am; Reply: 9
Quoted from devoleb

Any sight of the physical release ?

It’s still says shop coming soon.

Posted by: Pughie, June 15, 2018, 8:16am; Reply: 10
Here’s the official video for the track

https://youtu.be/pdaaOtOTGyg
Posted by: glazball, June 15, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 11
Pretty cool to see a mix credited to Erasure rather than just Vince or Andy.  An "Erasure Remix" is something of a rarity isn't it?  I'm hard pressed to think of any that aren't Erasure tracks to begin with.  Sometimes (Erasure & Flood Mix) on Two Ring Circus and possibly some from The Innocents era like WINY Melancholic Mix (uncredited?) come to mind.
Print page generated: June 25, 2018, 5:45pm