Print Topic - Archive

erasure4rum  /  Torsten In Queereteria (2019)  /  Queereteria:Backstreet Theatrical Trash
Posted by: Pughie, November 18, 2016, 9:31pm
Barney will be premiering two new songs from Torsten 3 at this event Andy will also be appearing as a special guest,sadly event is now sold out,but hopefully you got tickets from the previous E4M update via FaceBook

http://www.thesocietyclub.com/events-1/2016/10/26/soho-christmas-comes-early-party
Posted by: Pughie, March 3, 2017, 5:46pm; Reply: 1
Christopher Frost just tweeted this-

Great "sesh" recording vocals with AB today for Torsten 3. The opening track is gonna be immense! #epic #squadgoals
Posted by: Dunc, March 3, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 2
Fantastic news!!!!
What a year in prospect for us all! Wow!
8)
Posted by: mr first, March 3, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Dunc
Fantastic news!!!!
What a year in prospect for us all! Wow!
8)

What an exciting two years in prospect with the 2018 tour as well
Posted by: Tin Soldier, March 4, 2017, 4:13am; Reply: 4
Now that's a painful wait for us yanks. :(
Posted by: Pughie, March 5, 2017, 10:39am; Reply: 5

Torsten creative Barney Ashton photographed with new character 'Young Torsten'. Some new plans being hatched for a new 'Andy Bell Is Torsten' theatre show perhaps? Certainly something is in development; there have been some indications that Andy has been laying down some vocals on some new Torsten tracks, but we're led to believe that this is a writing year for Team Torsten and that any new theatre show and accompanying album may not appear before 2018.
Posted by: Pughie, March 17, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 6
Christopher Frost tweet today

After a rather frustrating and tiring week what an enjoyable, fruitful and energising recording session with Barney & AB for Torsten 3 to round things off. #teamtorsten
Posted by: Pughie, January 14, 2018, 7:31pm; Reply: 7
Posted today on Andy Bell Is Torsten FaceBook page-

"Things are happening ........ 2019?"

Posted by: Pughie, January 21, 2018, 11:46am; Reply: 8
FB post -

Andy at the Above The Stag Theatre which will be the venue for the next Torsten theatre show. He’s with with fellow Above The Stag theatre patron, actress Su Pollard and accomplished stage actor and panto dame Matthew Baldwin who we have our eye on - a possible Lady Domina?!! 😃
Posted by: Pughie, May 21, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 9
Yes, my dear friends, constant development and efforts are going into the latest episode of the ‘Andy Bell is Torsten’ song-cycle. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. It’s been the challenge of our team’s  creative lives to  try and be the best that we can be. It’ll take a good few months to complete the record, the theatre show and the forthcoming Torsten poetry book. I’ll be reading extracts of the new poetry work at the Stoke Newington Literary Festival on Fri 1st June, wish me well....! X

Posted by: Tin Soldier, May 22, 2018, 11:25am; Reply: 10
I have the same iPod. ;)
Posted by: MikeyC, May 23, 2018, 2:48am; Reply: 11
I have it as well but in silver metallic! :)
Posted by: Pughie, September 10, 2018, 1:32pm; Reply: 12
https://www.clashmusic.com/features/backstage-at-the-aim-awards-erasures-andy-bell

Andy mentions April 2019 for more Torsten activity (whatever that entails)
Posted by: Mikedepaz, September 12, 2018, 1:15am; Reply: 13
It would make sense since it will be a quiet erasure year. I hope that Vince has a project as well
Posted by: Pughie, September 25, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 14
Barney is aiming for dates at Above The Stag in April 2019 (dates to be confirmed) with writing for show done by December 2018
Posted by: Pughie, October 5, 2018, 2:43pm; Reply: 15
Great looking new improved Above The Stag venue

http://www.abovethestag.com/vxl/
Posted by: Pughie, October 11, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 16
Christopher Frost FaceBook update-

Vocals for Torsten 3 (Andy Bell is Torsten In Queereteria) have been completed. Andy has left his hat behind again! It looks new ... probably a replacement for the previous one he lost recently. 😂  Time for mixing!
Print page generated: December 18, 2018, 9:52pm