Print Topic - Archive

erasure4rum  /  The Wild Tour (1990)  /  The Wild! Party September 1st 1990
Posted by: Pughie, September 1, 2015, 8:09am
25 years ago Erasure played their biggest gig to 60,000 fans at The Milton Keynes Bowl here's the full gig

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=e3lcKHuFsX4
Posted by: Mikedepaz, September 1, 2015, 2:38pm; Reply: 1
This was the zenith of Erasure. You knew this was the top of the mountain in their careers as Erasure. It had everything- music, costumes, lights, alien stage and the WOW FACTOR!
Posted by: Pughie, September 1, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mikedepaz
This was the zenith of Erasure. You knew this was the top of the mountain in their careers as Erasure. It had everything- music, costumes, lights, alien stage and the WOW FACTOR!

this was by far the biggest gig ever,but there have also been other career highs like the Royal Albert Hall gig,the TOTPs 2 Erasure Special.
Posted by: Hergallego, September 1, 2015, 6:44pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Pughie

this was by far the biggest gig ever,but there have also been other career highs like the Royal Albert Hall gig,the TOTPs 2 Erasure Special.

Don't forget, the 50,000 people at Velez Sarsfield Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1990.
Posted by: Mikedepaz, September 1, 2015, 10:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Pughie

I will put like this, this is the top of mountain moment in which all album were selling big, they just closed 101 global shows , massive chart success singles and albums globally. The may have had other success later but at this moment. Everything eas clicking perfect for Erasure around the globe. This concert sealed that moment until they moved on to other great moments as well.
Posted by: Pughie, September 1, 2016, 5:54am; Reply: 5
26 years ago!!

Hideaway
http://youtu.be/EAyGol_SbSg
Posted by: Mikedepaz, September 1, 2016, 12:59pm; Reply: 6
Such a great show. Another Mute blunder.
Posted by: little_shane, March 21, 2017, 2:47pm; Reply: 7
hi  does any one have a spare ticket stub of the erasure milton keynes bowl 1990 ..

im willing to trade or buy
please message me
Posted by: luminous786, March 21, 2017, 5:32pm; Reply: 8
Really this was the zenith?  I thought the Phantasmagorical Show was way better.  They didn't sell out stadiums, but I always viewed that tour as the very peak of Erasure favorability.  Not touring for I Say x 3 started the downfall as that album lent itself to a rather imaginative tour had they chosen to do so.  Andy's voice was also in top form for that album.  What could have been.....
Posted by: mr first, March 21, 2017, 6:52pm; Reply: 9
It's my best personal memory of erasure the whole day the crowd the vast size of the stage it might not have the theatrics of the PE tour but the energy of andy that day was unbelievable,totally agree with you about not touring  I say x 3 I believe that was the reason in record sales dropping
Posted by: Pat.2000, March 22, 2017, 4:20pm; Reply: 10
This was live on Radio 1 as well, I had a great quality tape, although Radio 1 had not long gone to FM stereo which was pretty ropey.

I recall Gary Davies reporting on the ''very risque'' costumes.

Great days eh!

Vince also looked a bit like both Norman Cook & Adamski at his keyboard......
Posted by: Dunc, March 22, 2017, 8:33pm; Reply: 11
It was truly a magical day and night. From the journey down on the coach to gettingĀ there and my first ever "massive" outdoor concert, seeing the crowd just grow and grow, the electric atmosphere, some great support from Was Not Was, the deafening, thunderous "Killer" by Adamski and then those wonderful scenes looking back over my shoulder as the skies fell dark to witness a glowing, florescent mass of bodies and the atmosphere crackling with pure excitement waiting for V&A to come onto stage, the wedding march that signalled the band coming out in a torrent of noise, the fireworks going off in "Star",the gut wrench when Andy told us all that he'd see us all again "in a few years" but i came away from that night in an absolute state of euphoria.
Honestly, it was absolutely brilliant. Without doubt, the greatest single Erasure event that I've had the privilege of attending. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering!
It seems unreal that all these years later that I'm still getting so,so much pleasure from this band. How very, very lucky we all are!
:)
Posted by: mr first, March 22, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 12
Don't forget those huge Roman candles during oh lamour and I also remember Vince whacking an extra note on his drum thingys on the middle 8 of stop with a huge smile on his face as if he was so happy the tour had finally finished
Posted by: Pat.2000, March 22, 2017, 9:14pm; Reply: 13
Set list was pretty spot on too.

Heart of Stone!
Posted by: MikeyC, March 22, 2017, 11:25pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Dunc
It was truly a magical day and night. From the journey down on the coach to gettingĀ there and my first ever "massive" outdoor concert, seeing the crowd just grow and grow, the electric atmosphere, some great support from Was Not Was, the deafening, thunderous "Killer" by Adamski and then those wonderful scenes looking back over my shoulder as the skies fell dark to witness a glowing, florescent mass of bodies and the atmosphere crackling with pure excitement waiting for V&A to come onto stage, the wedding march that signalled the band coming out in a torrent of noise, the fireworks going off in "Star",the gut wrench when Andy told us all that he'd see us all again "in a few years" but i came away from that night in an absolute state of euphoria.
Honestly, it was absolutely brilliant. Without doubt, the greatest single Erasure event that I've had the privilege of attending. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering!
It seems unreal that all these years later that I'm still getting so,so much pleasure from this band. How very, very lucky we all are!

Thanks for posting your exciting, detail-filled memory! I feel like I was there! (My first live E experience was Phantasmagorical Entertainment on Halloween in NYC!)  8)
Posted by: Pughie, September 1, 2017, 7:32am; Reply: 15
27 years ago today!!,how time flies?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lcKHuFsX4
Posted by: mr first, September 1, 2017, 11:43am; Reply: 16
Best erasure day of my life
Posted by: Dunc, September 1, 2017, 7:58pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from mr first
Best erasure day of my life

I completely and wholeheartedly agree!
It was absolutely, utterly fantastic.

The most unreal concert with an atmosphere of pure electricity on the night.
Remember the whole massive crowd bathed in fluorescent colour due to the glow sticks!?
Just a truly magnificent day and night!
Has anyone on the forum got a time machine that I can borrow please?
Posted by: moxxey, September 1, 2017, 8:11pm; Reply: 18
Looking back at this period, I do wonder if some younger TV/radio presenters fully understand the historic popularity of Erasure? They were HUGE 1987-1992, selling out to massive audiences, easily!
Posted by: mr first, September 1, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Dunc

I completely and wholeheartedly agree!
It was absolutely, utterly fantastic.

The most unreal concert with an atmosphere of pure electricity on the night.
Remember the whole massive crowd bathed in fluorescent colour due to the glow sticks!?
Just a truly magnificent day and night!
Has anyone on the forum got a time machine that I can borrow please?

Also no camera phones or golden circle bollocks,also a big shout out to ernie
Posted by: Pat.2000, September 2, 2017, 12:45pm; Reply: 20
Recorded it off Radio 1. Getting FM Stereo wasn't so reliable back then, so never bothered

Lasted me years that tape.

Carefree days
Posted by: Mikedepaz, September 2, 2017, 4:14pm; Reply: 21
If this concert were to take place in 2017. It would be 100 pounds vs 15 pounds in 1990
Posted by: Dunc, September 2, 2017, 7:27pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Mikedepaz
If this concert were to take place in 2017. It would be 100 pounds vs 15 pounds in 1990

To be fair, I would definitely pay that just to witness that incredible, spinetingling event again!
I'm so happy I managed to grab the "non official" DVD of the concert a few years ago. It's lovely to be able to enjoy it again.
Posted by: Pughie, September 2, 2017, 8:15pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Dunc

To be fair, I would definitely pay that just to witness that incredible, spinetingling event again!
I'm so happy I managed to grab the "non official" DVD of the concert a few years ago. It's lovely to be able to enjoy it again.

You would've thought that a gig of that size and spectacle would've been filmed properly for a release on top of the Docklands gig,but as you mention thank God for the bootleg DVD.
Posted by: ben, September 2, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 24
It really is a shame that for people who couldn't attend the gig, there is nothing to show the whole scale of the event. The bootleg DVD unfortunately only shows the stage, nothing to get an impression how big the whole thing was.
Over the years Mute have over and over fucked up live recordings. Even the Phantasmagorical Entertainment release is lacking the colours are all a bit off (just look at Star) it is also not the best picture quality that was available at the time and some bootlegs represented better what it sounded like live.
Posted by: mr first, September 2, 2017, 9:44pm; Reply: 25
As we already know with no DVD for the cowboy concerts ,other tour etc I would really like mute to push the boat out and do something for the arena gig in Copenhagen next year surely it's about time
Posted by: Mikedepaz, September 3, 2017, 3:09am; Reply: 26
I think if I'm not mistaken, the Wild Bootleg DVD  was the work of Darren Wood
Posted by: zipzapuk, September 3, 2017, 11:00am; Reply: 27
Yes Darren Wood acquired the footage and made the dvd - I supplied him my cuttings from the press reviews, and some EIS photos which he included in on the disc and he credited me with the supply

seems a long time ago

James
Posted by: mikegouty, September 6, 2017, 9:11pm; Reply: 28

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/erasure-fans-cheering-at-milton-keynes-bowl-united-kingdom-news-photo/500917762?#erasure-fans-cheering-at-milton-keynes-bowl-united-kingdom-1990-picture-id500917762
Posted by: Pat.2000, September 7, 2017, 11:14am; Reply: 29
^Thanks for the link. I recall Gary Davies on Radio 1 saying he could see fans as far as the ''I can see''...now I know what he means.

Depending on the resolution, it's something I could buy. But doing a simple purchase on that page requires a lot more details than I'm prepared to give.

Whatever happened to the simple: Select - Card details/address - Delivery..oh so simple......

But now, why the hell do Facebook have to be involved now? Those not on FB can't buy it?

Posted by: mr first, September 7, 2017, 2:55pm; Reply: 30
I'm about 120 rows  to the left if anybody can spot me
Posted by: chubs, September 7, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 31
It was a great weekend, 4 teenagers from Edinburgh, so nieve, not a clue where the venue was, where would stay afterwards, but from getting dumped of the bus at the M1 junction to
walking miles for hours, till we met other people going, so followed them. Fell in love with the beautiful voice of BRM, met a giant snail called ernie and kipped down on the train station floor afterwards to get rudely awakened by a gang of lads wanting to have our trainers???? walk for miles again to get the bus back to Edinburgh, as I said what a great weekend
Posted by: Dunc, September 8, 2017, 6:52pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Pat.2000
^Thanks for the link. I recall Gary Davies on Radio 1 saying he could see fans as far as the ''I can see''...now I know what he means.

Depending on the resolution, it's something I could buy. But doing a simple purchase on that page requires a lot more details than I'm prepared to give.

Whatever happened to the simple: Select - Card details/address - Delivery..oh so simple......

But now, why the hell do Facebook have to be involved now? Those not on FB can't buy it?

Thank you so, so much for posting this picture!
Wow!
Talk about memories flooding back.
Brilliant!
Posted by: Mikedepaz, September 9, 2017, 5:51pm; Reply: 33
Getty images wants to make as much as they can so they ask more questions so they can base the price on what it will be used for. I think this prevents people from not paying them.
Print page generated: October 19, 2018, 5:59pm