Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Wild! 30th Anniversary Reissue
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    Wild! 30th Anniversary Remaster (2019)  ›  Wild! 30th Anniversary Reissue
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Wild! 30th Anniversary Reissue  This thread currently has 3,148 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
December 7, 2018, 3:56pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 17 hours 22 minutes
ERASURE: ANNOUNCING 'WILD! - 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION'
Some exciting news for you today! We are restarting the series of remastered and expanded album editions that started with 'Wonderland', 'The Circus' and 'The Innocents' and that means a brand new 30th anniversary of 'Wild!' which will be released in a deluxe 2-CD hardback book package, and via Digital Download, on March 29th next year. The new edition features the original album, fully remastered, on one disc and then a selection of b-sides, remixes and rarities on the the other, and that second disc includes no less than five previously unreleased tracks. Here's the tracklisting...

CD1 - WILD! REMASTERED
Piano Song – Instrumental / Blue Savannah / Drama! / How Many Times? / Star / La Gloria / You Surround Me / Brother and Sister / 2000 Miles / Crown Of Thorns / Piano Song

CD2 – B-SIDES, REMIXES & RARITIES
Sweet, Sweet Baby (The Moo Moo Mix) / Drama! (Richard Norris Mix) previously unreleased / Blue Savannah (Mark Saunders 12" Mix) / Piano Song (Live at the London Arena) previously unreleased / Runaround On The Underground (Remix) / How Many Times? (Alternative Mix) previously unreleased / Supernature (Daniel Miller & Phil Legg Remix) / Star (Soul Mix) / No GDM (Unfinished Mix) / Drama! (Act 2) / Brother and Sister (Live at the London Arena) previously unreleased / Dreamlike State (7" Acappella Mix) previously unreleased / You Surround Me (Gareth Jones Mix) / 91 Steps (6 Pianos Mix)

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tin Soldier
December 7, 2018, 4:32pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
I need me some stinking badges. Alright, just the one.

Anyhow, as someone who's never satisfied, when are we hitting the streets to protest why we're not getting a vinyl set as well? We had Yazoo have both so let's not have any discrimination now.  

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 70
glazball
December 7, 2018, 6:27pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 23 hours 24 minutes
You already got Wild! on vinyl in 2016.  Enough with the vinyl!!

How are Piano Song and Brother & Sister, from the Wild! Tour VHS and DVD, previously unreleased??  And is the "previously unreleased" 7" Acappella Mix of Dreamlike State the same as the 7" Alternative Mix we got with FMTM pre-orders?  Which turned out to simply be the already-released 12 Hour Technicolor Mix?

Very disappointed in this track listing.  Why do us fans keep getting SCREWED??  It almost feels personal at this point!

Edit: I assume the live versions are from the same London Arena show as Wild! Live VHS/DVD and I will be very surprised if they are not.  However, if they are from a different night, why not give us the whole show (even audio)?

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 70
Tin Soldier
December 7, 2018, 7:02pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from glazball
You already got Wild! on vinyl in 2016.  Enough with the vinyl!!

How are Piano Song and Brother & Sister, from the Wild! Tour VHS and DVD, previously unreleased??  And is the "previously unreleased" 7" Acappella Mix of Dreamlike State the same as the 7" Alternative Mix we got with FMTM pre-orders?  Which turned out to simply be the already-released 12 Hour Technicolor Mix?

Very disappointed in this track listing.  Why do us fans keep getting SCREWED??  It almost feels personal at this point!

Hey, the Erasure 30 release wasn't remastered (but was on 180 gram vinyl) so nyah! We ought to not only have that...on CLEAR BLUE vinyl, we ought to have some...dare I say it?...yes I shall...PICTURE DISC singles in there too! Just imagine a 12" blue hand shaped Blue Savannah one!  

Alright, let's all calm down. As I just said elsewhere to an even more curmudgeonly fan (THE), there's enough here to justify this in the current marketplace. It's not perfect, no, and even if it was to you, I could surely find fault with it. That's what the aforementioned curmudgeon didn't get. This is not the cash grab we might ascribe to it when compared to other recent releases which stank of it. Here, we have something worth releasing, and perhaps something scaled down due to previous response to a different set (of which my/our mediocre response may have played a part here). This seems to be issued in the previous Innocents 21/World Beyond book formats which is a known production cost for BMG. What might have been otherwise, I don't know.

Yes, we can say we vote with our wallets, but in our not buying something the response from a manufacturer may not be added effort the next time around, but something trading on the base new audience for a reissue than something tailored for we the established fans actually looking to pay a bit more for added content.

Look at the price of this folks. I find it hard to complain when factoring in the economics and sales projections on the part of BMG in light of the Yazoo response. As-is, this is worth issuance. It sticks in my craw it's a lost opportunity for more, but versus nothing, I'm glad it's here.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 3 - 70
Pughie
December 7, 2018, 7:34pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 17 hours 22 minutes
£16 a bargain

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 70
dannylee
December 7, 2018, 7:41pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 days 20 hours 35 minutes
A set with the Wild DVD, for those who do not have the From Moscow to Mars box set would have been nice.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 5 - 70
glazball
December 7, 2018, 7:46pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

This is not the cash grab we might ascribe to it when compared to other recent releases which stank of it. Here, we have something worth releasing, and perhaps something scaled down due to previous response to a different set (of which my/our mediocre response may have played a part here).
Look at the price of this folks. I find it hard to complain when factoring in the economics and sales projections on the part of BMG in light of the Yazoo response. As-is, this is worth issuance. It sticks in my craw it's a lost opportunity for more, but versus nothing, I'm glad it's here.

No, this is nothing but a cash grab.

How many years will I continue to re-purchase the same stuff from Erasure before I finally say "enough"?  It's not that I fault Mute for repackaging the same stuff AGAIN (does anyone here really need Drama! Act 2 again?) - no I get that.  It's business.

What troubles me is that Mute doesn't seem to give a mess about Erasure.  I'm wondering why I should, when they can't even get their mess straight.  Anyone care to wager if those 2 "previously unreleased" live tracks are really previously unreleased?  I would be angry if I thought it was intentionally deceptive, but it seems like they just don't care to even double check what's being put out there.

I remember the member Dayalet getting so upset about the FMTM box set, throwing it in the trash and "quitting" Erasure.  I can't help but feel I'm reaching that point as well.  I'm trying hard not to sound like the kid throwing his toys, but jeez, this isn't hard Mute!!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 70
I Said
December 7, 2018, 8:43pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 13 hours 24 minutes
FINALLY!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 70
Hergallego
December 7, 2018, 8:58pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 14 hours 48 minutes
My question is:
Where is Paradise?
There's at least one version of any b-side of the Wild! era but not Paradise.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 70
Tin Soldier
December 7, 2018, 9:44pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from glazball

No, this is nothing but a cash grab.

How many years will I continue to re-purchase the same stuff from Erasure before I finally say "enough"?  It's not that I fault Mute for repackaging the same stuff AGAIN (does anyone here really need Drama! Act 2 again?) - no I get that.  It's business.

What troubles me is that Mute doesn't seem to give a mess about Erasure.  I'm wondering why I should, when they can't even get their mess straight.  Anyone care to wager if those 2 "previously unreleased" live tracks are really previously unreleased?  I would be angry if I thought it was intentionally deceptive, but it seems like they just don't care to even double check what's being put out there.

I remember the member Dayalet getting so upset about the FMTM box set, throwing it in the trash and "quitting" Erasure.  I can't help but feel I'm reaching that point as well.  I'm trying hard not to sound like the kid throwing his toys, but jeez, this isn't hard Mute!!

Glaz. you keep saying "Mute" when you know it's likely the result of BMG. When I commented above, it was expressly in context that this is the result of BMG's machinations. Perhaps that makes little difference to some, but here the context matters.

Although I've said it already, it goes without saying that this is not the release I would wish it to be, but compared to another "ESSENTIAL" compilation, its a dramatic improvement. You even cited another's opinion that FMTM was a pure cash grab, which to many it is, yet we had a couple discs of content that we might not have gotten otherwise. It's within that state of affairs that I judge this current glass "half full".

To reiterate, it's a missed opportunity. Not just for my facetious desire of a box of tchotchkes, but a better curated and presented CD set. Yet, there are degrees of error, and there remains enough here to warrant release versus no release at all.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 70
Tin Soldier
December 7, 2018, 9:49pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hergallego
My question is:
Where is Paradise?
There's at least one version of any b-side of the Wild! era but not Paradise.

Alright. Forget what I said. We need to turnover a few cars and occupy a square.

Seriously, that is an odd omission. I wonder if that's an error that will be resolved.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 10 - 70
glazball
December 7, 2018, 10:49pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Glaz. you keep saying "Mute" when you know it's likely the result of BMG. When I commented above, it was expressly in context that this is the result of BMG's machinations. Perhaps that makes little difference to some, but here the context matters.

It's easy to pass the blame to BMG, but BMG actually seem to want to dig into the vaults and get stuff out there.  Whoever is responsible, in the end what matters is the music.  No one at the record label(s) seems to care.

Again, anyone care to wager that Piano Song and Brother & Sister are not the versions already available on the Wild! Live release?  Honestly, I'll bet real money and gladly pay up if I'm wrong.  I want to be wrong.

I admit I'm sore because this should be good news - I've been begging even recently here that we need a Wild! remastered deluxe edition - but it's more dirt in the face as a long-time fan.  Mainly because with all our talk in the other thread about a Chorus remaster, it will be the same mess.  One CD with the album and another with all the mixes we already have, plus a few "previously unreleased" items.  But only a few new items, sprinkled amongst the regular mixes, so that collectors will need to buy it.

I guess I've already made up my mind: I'm boycotting this release and all similar, future releases.  Because even if I go ahead and pre-order, I have no idea if I'll even be getting what they are advertising.  We were promised 6 exclusive tracks for pre-ordering FMTM, only to find out that only 2 out of the 6 tracks were actually previously unreleased.  We were told that Yazoo Four Pieces would be vinyl only, so get your pre-order in, only to find out they decided to make a CD version due to popular demand.  Uh huh.  I don't want to believe they are intentionally lying, but I just don't even know anymore.

@Tin - please don't mistake my gripes as directed at you at all.  Nothing (else) but love for you my friend!  It's all just so damn frustrating.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 70
Tin Soldier
December 7, 2018, 11:22pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from glazball

It's easy to pass the blame to BMG, but BMG actually seem to want to dig into the vaults and get stuff out there.

I'm a little stunned by that response, because, almost as a rule, most find the cashgrabs occur when a new catalogue owning label chooses to monetize their new acquisitions...and they're usually right.

Quoted from glazball
Whoever is responsible, in the end what matters is the music.  No one at the record label(s) seems to care.

Well, here I have to remind you about the TRC and Situation RSD releases. Not only were those assumed to be of the same aforementioned caliber of cahsgrab, Mute actually came out and said it. No, I'm not defending them in saying Mute have distanced themselves more than once on reissues which carry their imprint but were wholly the idea of BMG. I think this smacks of the same.

Still, they have had input on some decisions at times. This could be release that actually turned out better than it otherwise would because they got a say. That, at worst, is what I think Mute's involvement was here, but we'll see more as it comes. <end half glass full rant>

Quoted from glazball
Again, anyone care to wager that Piano Song and Brother & Sister are not the versions already available on the Wild! Live release?  Honestly, I'll bet real money and gladly pay up if I'm wrong.  I want to be wrong.

I admit I'm sore because this should be good news - I've been begging even recently here that we need a Wild! remastered deluxe edition - but it's more dirt in the face as a long-time fan.  Mainly because with all our talk in the other thread about a Chorus remaster, it will be the same mess.  One CD with the album and another with all the mixes we already have, plus a few "previously unreleased" items.  But only a few new items, sprinkled amongst the regular mixes, so that collectors will need to buy it.

I guess I've already made up my mind: I'm boycotting this release and all similar, future releases.  Because even if I go ahead and pre-order, I have no idea if I'll even be getting what they are advertising.  We were promised 6 exclusive tracks for pre-ordering FMTM, only to find out that only 2 out of the 6 tracks were actually previously unreleased.  We were told that Yazoo Four Pieces would be vinyl only, so get your pre-order in, only to find out they decided to make a CD version due to popular demand.  Uh huh.  I don't want to believe they are intentionally lying, but I just don't even know anymore.

@Tin - please don't mistake my gripes as directed at you at all.  Nothing (else) but love for you my friend!  It's all just so damn frustrating.

Nothing taken personally at all. (I also want to say, although I think if you know me it's obvious by now, it's hard for anyone to offend or make an enemy of me).

Again, while I think it's fair to give Mute the benefit of the doubt here, my "upbeat" response is taking a bit of effort. I wanted far more here. I still do.

To take the rose-colored glasses off for just a moment...LCDSTUMM75 is a catalogue number which demanded greatness, and really didn't get it.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 12 - 70
MikeyC
December 7, 2018, 11:46pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Regarding the two live tracks from the Wild! Tour... It's probably a matter of parsing words, but when they say "previously unreleased" they probably mean previously unreleased on CD. Yes, extremely frustrating but that's likely their rationale. x
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 70
PolarPiano
December 7, 2018, 11:51pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 20 hours 18 minutes
I think one big problem is that they have to satisfy hardcore fans AND your casual listeners. Sure, as a hardcore fan you want everything - unreleased songs & mixes etc. but as a casual listener you just see the album and think "ah, those were the days..." and the second CD will just catch dust so to speak. It must also be affordable for casual listeners so you can't have a three or four CD box set (remember FMTM...). I don't think Erasure's fanbase is big enough to cover the costs for another luxurious release, particularly with Chorus still to come (most likely...). It's just how it is.

The other question is whether there is actually material left in the archives. I mean, we had the box sets, FMTM etc. so what is really left apart from a couple of remixes used on promos? I think this will keep the Erasure momentum going after the World Be Gone success and that's ok with me. Some will buy this, others won't. I have all releases from this area plus the EBX set and it will also be available via streaming services so I am 50/50 at this stage.

I agree though, if the live versions are from the Wild DVD, then they should say so. Perhaps they should say "previously unreleased on CD" or so. Otherwise it is misleading.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 70
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    Wild! 30th Anniversary Remaster (2019)  ›  Wild! 30th Anniversary Reissue

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread