Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Miami Beach July 6, 2018
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Live Albums    World Be Live (2018)  ›  Miami Beach July 6, 2018
Users Browsing Forum
guille37b, Little Col and 5 Guests

Miami Beach July 6, 2018  This thread currently has 293 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mikedepaz
July 8, 2018, 3:05am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
27 days 4 hours 46 minutes
It was proclaimed by Miami Beach as Erasure Day so that day was off to a good start. But then again everyday is Erasure day for me. Headed to the venue early so I can get Physical tickets. I always want a souvenir and hate the new direction of phone tickets now so I have to go to the box office to get them. A good long crowd already lined up.athe opening act- Reed and Caroline is the worst opening act I've ever seen. Perhaps unprepared for a big show. The did not even get an applause. reed walked off before the last song and left Caroline up there as they dismantle the stage.

Erasure came on and it was a top notch show, reduced by three and added by one.. Will not say which one for spoilers. It was great to see the boys and the best stage set up in some time. However I see a disconnect with Vince obscuredon the top tier and occasionally interacting with Andy. The new WBG tracks fit in well but are a slower tempo on the show up tempo style with the hits. Overall great but left you wanting more.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tin Soldier
July 8, 2018, 11:35am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 2 hours 19 minutes
Thanks for the review!

Obviously, I can't speak to this show, but I have seen smaller gigs with R&C that were great. I know you didn't much care for their music previously, so I had wondered if that might have colored your experience, but you say no applause from anyone? That's a surprise.

Oh, they might not go over as well with a pop crowd expecting top 40s 80s music - that's not hard to envision - but they'd do great on the bill with a Ladytron. I wonder if that was the disconnect here.

Anyhow..."worst"?  Makes me wonder when you forgot Cooler Kids!

As for V&A, the stage set does make interaction near impossible until the end. Even when Vince climbed the rack on Cowboy he came back down every so often.

I do like the interaction between them outside of bows or set list changes/tech difficulties. Even the odd Andy smooch to crack Vince up goes over great. Sad we don't get that with this set.

Speaking of which: Anyone else reminded of Hollywood Squares with this setup?

Vince as Paul Lynde...whodathunkit.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 11
MikeyC
July 8, 2018, 6:35pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 4 hours 39 minutes
Thanks for the mini review! Looking forward to this weekend in NYC!

I'll be honest though and say that I'm disappointed that they've taken three of the "rarities" that rarely or never played out of the set-list. Who knows, maybe they'll switch it up a bit as the tour goes on...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 11
Mikedepaz
July 9, 2018, 3:43am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
So Reed and Caroline maybe had stage freight but in all honesty this crowd or any crowd are not ready for a Science lesson. Nobody really got into it and it just looked disjointed. give me Cooler kids, Elkland or Bright Light. reed and Caroline are a very small venue band who are lucky Vince Clarke is given them a support slot because they are on Very Records.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 11
Tin Soldier
July 9, 2018, 2:13pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 2 hours 19 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
...give me Cooler Kids...

I won't let you forget you said that.

Let's see how things pan out. Stage fright could be an easy hurdle for them.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 11
luminous786
July 9, 2018, 3:22pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 20 hours 32 minutes
I was really looking forward to hearing some tracks I had never heard live before.  Mad as We Are and I Love Saturday really looked great on some of the youtube videos.  I'm hoping the boys bring them back or at least make the US setlists have the same number of tracks as Europe (24 tracks and not 22).  I think sharing this on twitter to V&A could help our case.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 11
Mikedepaz
July 10, 2018, 12:39pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from luminous786
I was really looking forward to hearing some tracks I had never heard live before.  Mad as We Are and I Love Saturday really looked great on some of the youtube videos.  I'm hoping the boys bring them back or at least make the US setlists have the same number of tracks as Europe (24 tracks and not 22).  I think sharing this on twitter to V&A could help our case.  

Sadly those two tracks have been removed for some unknown reason

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 11
luminous786
July 10, 2018, 3:42pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I just asked Vince on twitter whether they will be add back I Love Saturday back to setlist.  Do folks mind following me on twitter and retweeting?  My handle is @billyburg129.  I'm not really that active on twitter.  I just use it as a way to communicate with Vince and he has been super nice about responding from time to time.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 11
Mikegrate
July 10, 2018, 4:38pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 5 hours 40 minutes
Loved MAWA live but ILS should remain a studio track, doesn't quite work live in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 11
MikeyC
July 10, 2018, 9:06pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 4 hours 39 minutes
Quoted from luminous786
I just asked Vince on twitter whether they will be add back I Love Saturday back to setlist.  Do folks mind following me on twitter and retweeting?  My handle is @billyburg129.  I'm not really that active on twitter.  I just use it as a way to communicate with Vince and he has been super nice about responding from time to time.  

Thanks so much for asking and keep us updated on his response, if any!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 11
luminous786
July 12, 2018, 3:41pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from MikeyC

Thanks so much for asking and keep us updated on his response, if any!  

No response this time around.  Doesn't bode well....

I'm sure it's up to Andy at the end of the day.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 11
DAJ
July 12, 2018, 4:58pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 4 hours 49 minutes
Quoted from Mikegrate
Loved MAWA live but ILS should remain a studio track, doesn't quite work live in my opinion.

I agree with this.  Andy is better at hitting his falsetto notes when he builds up to them in a phrase--having to attack "If they'd ever told me..." cold at the beginning finds him often wavering on pitch.  Whereas when he builds to it, like in ALRespect, he gets there.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 11
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Live Albums    World Be Live (2018)  ›  Miami Beach July 6, 2018

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread