1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Pughie
May 28, 2018, 11:05am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 9 hours 32 minutes
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/howard-jones-reveals-reissue-plans/

After the Dtox re-releases on Howard’s own label comes a new set of re-releases from Cherry Red who bought the rights for these Warner released albums,said to include lots of rarities and extras.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tin Soldier
May 29, 2018, 1:40pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
Some might feel fatigued after the Dtox reissues, but I have high hopes these will be worthwhile.

In fact, that "time capsule" idea would apply pretty well to these if Cherry Red were to be so inclined. I think more would desire the experience of having some era-specific tour merch and press materials to immerse the owner in the time the album came out. It's to his chagrin at times, but HoJo is very much identified with the 80s pop culture; even more than other bands that also carried on through the 90s and beyond. Having these sets marketed as an 80s pop culture retrospective would probably help sales.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 9
Tin Soldier
May 29, 2018, 1:43pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
I should also say, seeing there was no thread before(?), that HoJo was one of those artists that was very fan conscious. So much so, he didn't hire someone to run his club; he got his mum to do it.

Thelma was a very sweet person to deal with. She treated fans like family. I was very saddened when I heard of her passing.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 2 - 9
Pughie
May 29, 2018, 7:28pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
The Howard Jones fan club was the first i ever joined back in ‘83.
I never saw him live in his heyday but have since seen him many times including his 25 & 30th Anniversary gigs.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 9
Pughie
September 6, 2018, 11:27am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online

Human’ s Lib

Originally released in March 1984, Human’s Lib entered the UK Album Charts at No.1 selling over 100,000 copies in the first week and spending a total of 57 weeks in the chart whilst achieving Double Platinum status with sales in excess of 600,000 copies. Four songs from this album were released as singles in the UK, all of which reached the Top 20: ‘New Song’ peaked at No.3, ‘What Is Love?’ at No.2, ‘Hide and Seek’ at No.12, and ‘Pearl in the Shell’ at No.7. As well as achieving great success in the UK, “Human’s Lib” and the various singles taken from it also enjoyed tremendous success internationally in such countries as USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and throughout most of Europe.

With Howard’s full involvement, this prestigious debut album is being re-issued in four remastered formats including a Super Deluxe Box Set with the following features:

THE DELUXE EXPANDED 2CD+DVD SET

12” PICTURE DISC FEATURING THE STEG ORIGINAL ALBUM FRONT COVER ARTWORK

THE WHITE TAPE REPLICA PRE-CONTRACT DEMO CASSETTE CONTAINING REMASTERED VERSIONS OF FOUR ORIGINAL DEMO TRACKS

AN EXTRA BONUS CD CONTAINING FURTHER PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED STUDIO, LIVE AND BBC SESSION AND REMASTERED TRACKS

THE LONG DELETED LIVE IN JAPAN CONCERT RELEASED ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME

REPLICA OF THE ORIGINAL HOWARD JONES FAN CLUB RISK MEMBERSHIP CARD

HUMAN’S LIB ARTWORK LITHOGRAPH

REPLICA OF HUMAN’S LIB 1984 TOUR PROGRAMME

SET OF 5 BUTTON BADGES

Dream Into Action

Released in March 1985, Dream Into Action reached No.2 in the UK Album Charts and achieved Gold Album status. Like its pre-decessor “Human’s Lib”, “Dream Into Action” contained four Top 20 hit singles; ‘Things Can Only Get Better’ reached No.6, ‘Look Mama’ at No. 10, ‘Life In One Day’ at No.14 and ‘No One Is To Blame’ at No.16. In addition to these four Top 20 Hit singles, the original CD version of “Dream Into Action” also contained a bonus track, namely Howard’s hit single from the previous year - ‘Like To Get To Know You Well’ - which reached No.4 in the Singles Chart. “Dream Into Action” also enjoyed massive international acclaim and success; particularly in the USA where it reached No.10 in the Billboard Album charts achieving Platinum status. It spawned three Billboard Top 20 hit singles including ‘Things Can Only Get Better’ at No.5, ‘Life In One Day’ at No.19 and a re-recorded version of ‘No One Is To Blame’ featuring Phil Collins on backing vocals and drums (produced by Hugh Padgham), which gave Howard his biggest ever US hit single reaching No.4. As well as achieving great success in the UK (# 1) and USA, “Dream Into Action” and the various singles taken from it also enjoyed tremendous success internationally in such countries as Canada, New Zealand, Australia and throughout most of Europe.

Again, the Cherry Red reissue will come in four remastered formats, the Super Deluxe Edition of which has the following features:

THE DELUXE EXPANDED 2CD+DVD SET

12” PICTURE DISC FEATURING ORIGINAL ALBUM FRONT COVER ARTWORK

AN EXTRA BONUS CD CONTAINING THE FARMYARD SESSIONS PLUS OTHER PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED AND REMASTERED TRACKS

THE LONG DELETED LAST WORLD DREAM CONCERT RELEASED ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME

REPLICA OF THE HOWARD JONES FAN CLUB RISK MEMBERSHIP CARD

DREAM INTO ACTION ARTWORK LITHOGRAPH

REPLICA OF DREAM INTO ACTION 1985 TOUR PROGRAMME

SET OF 4 BUTTON BADGES

The other three formats include white and green vinyl editions, a deluxe 2CD and DVD digipack edition and an expanded single CD edition.

A very limited number of the Super Deluxe Edition Box Sets and Vinyl editions ordered from Cherry Red will come with an exclusive postcard set

You can pre-order all formats exclusively from Cherry Red Records here:
https://www.cherryred.co.uk/artist/howard-jones/

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 9
devoleb
September 6, 2018, 6:40pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
25 days 2 hours 42 minutes
One of the vinyls I did spin most back in those days where this one...

https://www.discogs.com/Howard-Jones-The-12-Album/release/97142

....especially loved the versions with 'Like To Get To Know You Well' and 'What Is Love'

My 'Here I Go Impossible' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56CSYAG8aw
My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
My 'I Lose Myself' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVtrcNpw94
My 'When A Lover Leaves You' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkYC6_en-E
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 9
MikeyC
September 6, 2018, 8:03pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Love Howard so much!! (but I can’t spend on this at the moment!)
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 9
Mikedepaz
September 7, 2018, 2:14am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
Oh this has been an expensive year and we still have four months to go

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 9
Gareth Pugh
September 7, 2018, 1:43pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 22 hours 27 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Some might feel fatigued after the Dtox reissues, but I have high hopes these will be worthwhile.

In fact, that "time capsule" idea would apply pretty well to these if Cherry Red were to be so inclined. I think more would desire the experience of having some era-specific tour merch and press materials to immerse the owner in the time the album came out. It's to his chagrin at times, but HoJo is very much identified with the 80s pop culture; even more than other bands that also carried on through the 90s and beyond. Having these sets marketed as an 80s pop culture retrospective would probably help sales.

Well, they've gone for the picture discs and some replica 'Risk' Fan Club merch from the relevant years, so it kind of is.

At £90 each, they are not cheap but nor are they beyond average for these kinds of sets - where they are over-and-above is the sheer amount of content - and lots of rare and unreleased stuff - you get for that price point looking forward to these immensely!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 9
MikeyC
December 21, 2018, 1:17am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Howard has been working with producer/artist BT on the new album “Transform” which will be released this spring!

Here they are recently in the studio and you can hear some gorgeous music from the album!

https://www.facebook.com/bt/videos/361496344676685/
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    General Boards    Other Bands/Artists  ›  Howard Jones

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread