Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
World Be Live (live 2CD/3Vinyl EIS Edition)
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Live Albums    World Be Live (2018)  ›  World Be Live (live 2CD/3Vinyl EIS Edition)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

World Be Live (live 2CD/3Vinyl EIS Edition)  This thread currently has 8,116 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
March 16, 2018, 4:11pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 17 hours 58 minutes
ERASURE TO RELEASE A 'WORLD BE GONE' LIVE ALBUM IN JUNE
One of the questions I've been asked the most since the start of the World Be Gone dates in January, is whether any of the shows would be recorded for a live release, so it gives me great pleasure to finally be able to announce that there WILL be a live album release coming in June. We recorded both the London shows in February and the live album - which will feature the best recordings from across those two shows - will be available in two formats: a 2-CD format and a 3-Vinyl format. Each format will feature the same tracklisting and pre-orders will start in April. The release will be a marvellous lovefest of a project involving the Erasure Information Service, Live Here Now and Mute. I will bring you more details over the next few weeks of course, but because this live album is aimed squarely at you, the members of the EIS, we wanted to involve you in the project as much as possible, and as early as possible, so please read on to see how you can contribute...

THE LIVE ALBUM NEEDS A NAME...
Traditionally a live album usually ends up being called something like 'Erasure Live In London' or 'Erasure - Live at the Eventim Apollo Hammersmith' but we think we can come up with something better than that. We do have a couple of ideas that we're kicking around, but we also want to open up that conversation to include all of you. So, if you have a brilliant idea for the title of the World be Gone live album, then please email me at livealbum@erasureinfo.com with your suggestions. If we use your idea then you will get a credit on the album and I will also put together a special goodie-bag of amazing Erasure items for your pleasure and delight. Get your thinking caps on and be as creative as you can be...

THE LIVE ALBUM BOOKLET NEEDS YOUR PICTURES...
We will also be looking for pictures to use in the CD booklet and as part of the vinyl packaging, and that's another way you can get involved: please send me your best pictures from this year's tour: I want live shots, audience shots, pictures of you with the band (if you got that lucky), pictures of tickets, posters, merchandise etc. Basically I'm looking to put together a collage of pictures showing YOUR personal experiences from the tour. All I ask is that you only send me your best pictures (basically I don't want anything blurry, wobbly, indecent or mad) and that you restrict your submission to FIVE PICTURES OR LESS. Please email those pictures to me at livealbum@erasureinfo.com, and please make sure that you include your name so I can credit you if we use your picture, and that your email is less than 10MB in size to ensure it reaches me. If you need to you can break your submission across several emails, but please remember, five pictures or less per person. Thank you!

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tin Soldier
March 16, 2018, 9:33pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 18 hours 53 minutes
I half-wonder if Richard is a loan shark in his spare time, as he could be doing some real business in 2018.

Not sure how many times my legs can be broken, though.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 151
Onge
March 16, 2018, 10:02pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 11 hours 10 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
I half-wonder if Richard is a loan shark in his spare time, as he could be doing some real business in 2018.

Not sure how many times my legs can be broken, though.

They move onto thumbs. Still, we wouldn't go without our e-fix now would we...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 151
mr first
March 16, 2018, 10:05pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 22 hours 13 minutes
Don't like the idea of a live album split over the two nights,it's got be just one show or its just not right
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 151
Tin Soldier
March 17, 2018, 12:23am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from mr first
Don't like the idea of a live album split over the two nights,it's got be just one show or its just not right

Actually, while I more agree than not, this is common in TV tapings of live shows. If a line is flubbed, they switch to the other version.

By the way, anyone notice pro cameramen at these gigs? I wonder if it might have been filmed as well.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 151
Tin Soldier
March 17, 2018, 12:23am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Onge
They move onto thumbs. Still, we wouldn't go without our e-fix now would we...

Talk and type apps have come a long way, and most venues are wheelchair accessible.

Check, and mate, Richard.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 5 - 151
Pughie
March 17, 2018, 12:50am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

By the way, anyone notice pro cameramen at these gigs? I wonder if it might have been filmed as well.

I didn't on first night,but it seems LiveHereNow are still working

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 151
gabila100
March 17, 2018, 2:27am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 22 hours 49 minutes
Quoted from mr first

It didn't take much for somebody to complain...

Admin-I don’t feel this is a serious complaint just his opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 151
mr first
March 17, 2018, 8:21am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 22 hours 13 minutes
Quoted from gabila100

It didn't take much for somebody to complain...

It's not a complaint its an opinion so ********(comment removed by admin) post has been reported but I feel that as it was a harsh comment the original post in my opinion didn’t deserve the comment  as it wasn’t a harsh post just an opionion
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 151
kwerty
March 17, 2018, 9:59am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 20 minutes
Quoted from mr first

Quoted from Tin Soldier
this is common in TV tapings of live shows. If a line is flubbed, they switch to the other version.

Although it doesn't actually say so on the box, I seem to recall that Erasure/EIS said the Innocents live was recorded over two nights at the
Birmingham NEC. So what we got there was perhaps the best of from each night edited to be like one concert (and then forgot to use that
version for the DVD release, which is more warts and all!).

It's certainly something Depeche do regularly, and usually even include the set-list variances as bonus tracks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 151
Pughie
March 17, 2018, 3:30pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from kwerty

Although it doesn't actually say so on the box, I seem to recall that Erasure/EIS said the Innocents live was recorded over two nights at the
Birmingham NEC. So what we got there was perhaps the best of from each night edited to be like one concert (and then forgot to use that
version for the DVD release, which is more warts and all!).

It's certainly something Depeche do regularly, and usually even include the set-list variances as bonus tracks.

I was at the NEC for that show and Ship Of Fools has lighting problem
When Vince was playing his Casio Horn,that was re-recorded

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 151
easternize
March 17, 2018, 5:16pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
13 days 2 hours 59 minutes
ATOMIC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 151
kwerty
March 17, 2018, 6:43pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 20 minutes
Quoted from Pughie

I was at the NEC for that show and Ship Of Fools has lighting problem
When Vince was playing his Casio Horn,that was re-recorded

Are you saying you think it WAS compiled from recordings over two nights, or that it WASN'T?

Was there a video crew there when you went?

It's only a vague memory I have of reading that it was recorded over two nights, which may very well be wrong, but my own suspicion is that they
maybe only filmed one night but recorded audio only on the other. But that's just conjecture on my part.

What I am more certain of though is that there are a number of parts that were overdubbed in post production - parts which got 'forgotten'
about for the DVD remaster (eg Guy Barker totally botches his middle 8 performance on Victim Of Love) - although I sometimes wondered if those overdubs were taken from the audio of the other night's show.

(The original video also had echo on Andy's vocals for Spiralling, which even back then I suspected had been added in post production to maybe try
and 'hide' some timing issues).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 151
opalfruit
March 17, 2018, 7:17pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 12 hours 15 minutes
In the Innocents DVD and VHS Andy's hair goes from dry to wet and floppy and then back again during A Little Respect so it's safe to say it was recorded over 2 shows. I'm not sure this is even uncommon for official releases, you can see why they'd want the best recording available if they're trying to sell it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 151
Pughie
March 17, 2018, 7:23pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from kwerty

Are you saying you think it WAS compiled from recordings over two nights, or that it WASN'T?

Was there a video crew there when you went?

It's only a vague memory I have of reading that it was recorded over two nights, which may very well be wrong, but my own suspicion is that they
maybe only filmed one night but recorded audio only on the other. But that's just conjecture on my part.

What I am more certain of though is that there are a number of parts that were overdubbed in post production - parts which got 'forgotten'
about for the DVD remaster (eg Guy Barker totally botches his middle 8 performance on Victim Of Love) - although I sometimes wondered if those overdubs were taken from the audio of the other night's show.

(The original video also had echo on Andy's vocals for Spiralling, which even back then I suspected had been added in post production to maybe try
and 'hide' some timing issues).

A friend told me years ago that the SOF track was refilmed after the gig as no light was on Vince,not sure about the two nights scenario

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 151
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Live Albums    World Be Live (2018)  ›  World Be Live (live 2CD/3Vinyl EIS Edition)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread