Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    World Be Gone (2017)  ›  World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)  This thread currently has 13,934 views. Print
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Pughie
November 20, 2017, 10:30am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
154 days 23 hours 33 minutes
http://undorecords.bigcartel.c.....expanded-edition-2cd

Greek expanded edition with 6 exclusive remixes approved by Andy & Vince.
Different design to any other format
Limited to 500 copies
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER.Out on Dec 21st,2017
We Won't SELL MORE THAN 2 COPIES PER PERSON!

CD1-World Be Gone CD

1.Love You To The Sky     4:27
2.Be Careful What You Wish For!     3:21
3.World Be Gone     3:40
4.A Bitter Parting     3:13
5.Still, It's Not Over     4:03
6.Take Me Out Of Myself     4:34
7.Sweet Summer Loving     3:55
8.Oh What A World     4:16
9.Lousy Sum Of Nothing     4:13
10.Just A Little Love

CD2- Be Careful What You Wish For! Greek Remixed EP

01 Be Careful What You Wish For (Lacquer Remix) 5:52
02 Be Careful What You Wish For (Paint A Rumour Remix by Marsheaux) 5:29
03 Be Careful What You Wish For (Tareq Remix) 5:56
04 Be Careful What You Wish For (Eliot's Circuit Mix) 3:05
05 Be Careful What You Wish For (Fotonovela Remix) 4:38
06 Be Careful What You Wish For (Metroland's Mono-Poly Mix) 6:37

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
gjkendall
November 20, 2017, 10:46am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 13 hours 33 minutes
Ordered!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 268
Gareth Pugh
November 20, 2017, 11:14am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 10 hours 20 minutes
If it’s packaged anything like their 2-CD edition of Violet Flame, the BCWYWF! EP CD might come in a separate flat card picture sleeve - which would be a nice addition to the World Be Gone singles box- kind of a ‘secret’ 4th single!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 268
chubs
November 20, 2017, 1:49pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
14 hours 36 minutes
Ordered mine, extra Christmas present to myself lol
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 20, 2017, 3:40pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 9 hours 27 minutes
Well, there goes my donation into the Salvation Army bucket. Have to avoid that side of the street this Xmas.

Are we 100% sure that this isn't the 4th CD single just coming out in this first?

Personally, I get the vibe this was done as the 4th single, was dropped, but the Greeks are going ahead anyhow. If there's going to be a Mute/PIAS issue though, I'd like to know now.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 268
glazball
November 20, 2017, 4:11pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
5 days 21 hours 5 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Personally, I get the vibe this was done as the 4th single, was dropped, but the Greeks are going ahead anyhow. If there's going to be a Mute/PIAS issue though, I'd like to know now.

Ditto.  I really don't want to buy this if these mixes are coming later.

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 20, 2017, 4:56pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Damn my itchy trigger finger. Why couldn't you have given me a sign, Mute?  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 268
Makemesmile
November 20, 2017, 8:08pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 hours 5 minutes
I just ordered a Christmas gift to myself. I am really looking forward to hear the remixes of Be Careful What You Wish For since, it is my favorit song from the album  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 268
JSDOUVRES
November 21, 2017, 12:30am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 14 hours 4 minutes
Very nice, can't wait to hear these mixes, always like an exclusive set like this!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 21, 2017, 12:55am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
This does make the Japanese edition look half-hearted in comparison.

All we need is a resurgence of the Taiwanese versions. I'm up for a copy with a blow-up version of "Emma" (the ship's figurehead).

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 268
Gareth Pugh
November 21, 2017, 8:41am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Well, there goes my donation into the Salvation Army bucket. Have to avoid that side of the street this Xmas.

Are we 100% sure that this isn't the 4th CD single just coming out in this first?

Beginning to wonder if there might now be a 'World Be Gone - Remixed' 12" EP for Record Store Day 2018... who knows...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 268
MikeyC
November 21, 2017, 12:53pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 21 hours 35 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
This does make the Japanese edition look half-hearted in comparison.

All we need is a resurgence of the Taiwanese versions. I'm up for a copy with a blow-up version of "Emma" (the ship's figurehead).

Love it!!  

Was the special "Cowboy" edition with the blow-up ball from Taiwan? Loved the edition with fake cowhide!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 268
Mikedepaz
November 21, 2017, 1:19pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
25 days 20 hours 50 minutes
It was from Singapore

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 12 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 21, 2017, 1:27pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Singapore, Taiwan, where else? All of those got weirder as they lobbied for export domination over the Japanese editions. While some feel they detracted from the music, I loved it. It was a great time when competition brought out the best...mainly money from our wallets. Erasure capitalism at its finest.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 13 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 21, 2017, 1:42pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh
Beginning to wonder if there might now be a 'World Be Gone - Remixed' 12" EP for Record Store Day 2018... who knows...

I would be VERY sore NOT to see an Erasure release of some kind. In fact, I am EVERY RSD when there's none. For a band that was born and grew in the age in which the shaped picture disc was in its prime, it's stunning not to see the same kind of releases like we have from A-Ha, etc. Yeah, I get most of those reissues are on bigger labels (Rhino, etc), but Mute is pressed and distributed by PIAS which makes the stuff for many of the majors already. There's no reason there's not more RSD issues. There really outta be things like A Little Respect 7" pic discs, and maybe a retail reissue of the transparent blue Oh L'amour promo 12". I think those would warrant the same kind of reissue as did A-Ha.

For WBG, a EP is a tad more risky than the retro reissue, but I'd love to see that too.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 14 - 268
Gareth Pugh
November 21, 2017, 3:58pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
[quote=1990

For WBG, a EP is a tad more risky than the retro reissue, but I'd love to see that too.
[/quote]

I know what you mean; they chanced it for The Violet Flame so fingers crossed they might be brave again.

Adding to your point, I’ve always been amazed no Depeche Mode RSD release ever, so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 15 - 268
dynamobjornen
November 21, 2017, 6:44pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 20 hours 18 minutes
Only bought the vinyl upon release so this i dont want to miss, ordered!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 16 - 268
Gareth Pugh
November 22, 2017, 10:32am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Be quick if you want one - just had a second mail shot saying only 50 (of the 500 run) left.

It will be interesting to see how they raise the existence of this edition in this Friday’s weekly EIS newsletter if it’s already no longer available - that might mean Richard would give clues to whether the mixes are planned to be made available by other means later (or not)?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 17 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 22, 2017, 11:20am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Actually, I kind of hope this might spur Mute to change their mind and actually release this as a single. Let's be honest, we don't HAVE to hold to the three logos on the box meaning only three singles CAN exist. We know one (or even two) more will fit in it. Mute can always throw in a little sticker to add the single logo to the box with the rest for the anoraks, you know (Talking to Mute here as such a person).  

Of course, some of us who bought this might be irked if they do release a 4th CD5", but I never would be. Like hell would I EVER bemoan the fact MORE Erasure was released (unlike those who whinged their "rarities" would lose value when the EBX sets came out).

It would be rough for Richard if it's sold out well before the next newsletter, but worse if the tracks aren't released since it's seems obvious this was a slated 4th release that didn't happen.

LEARN FROM PHANTOM BRIDE!  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 18 - 268
glazball
November 22, 2017, 4:23pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
At 20 Euros, they can keep it.  I really love Be Careful and *really* want the mixes, but I'm not buying the album again.  I guess it's mainly fatigue, but I also don't want to reward Mute for holding these mixes back.  Plus, I know as soon as I place my order that it will be announced as the next single.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 19 - 268
Pughie
November 22, 2017, 4:36pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I think this is exactly what happened last time the link went out before it was announced by EIS

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 20 - 268
kwerty
November 22, 2017, 4:52pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 19 hours 59 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Actually, I kind of hope this might spur Mute to change their mind and actually release this as a single.

This expanded edition has been promoted as featuring 6 exclusive remixes.

If as soon as they've sold out of the sets they then go and announce that they're going to release them all as a single, they will no longer be exclusive.

To do so would possibly render the claim of exclusivity to be false advertising.

I certainly would demand my money back.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 21 - 268
mr first
November 22, 2017, 5:01pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 18 hours 24 minutes
Well correct me if I'm wrong but to commission 6 remixers and only make 500 available mute are either paying them peanuts making a loss or they will make be careful remixes available at a later date either on physical format or download
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 22 - 268
glazball
November 22, 2017, 5:12pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Sure, the mixes can be exclusive now but that means really little moving forward.

I feel pretty certain they'll be available elsewhere in the future, even if just as digital downloads.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 23 - 268
mr first
November 22, 2017, 5:32pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
To be honest and I'm not trying so be negative but to pay 20 euros(roughly 17 British pounds)for a CD single cos I have the album already,I'm pissed off with being ripped off after the fiasco of m2 mars last xmas and after mute had said earlier in the year about not fleecing the fans with extra tidbits with the world be gone album they go and do this ,erasure have one of the most loyal and dedicated fanbase around and I think mute sometimes take advantage of it
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 24 - 268
Pughie
November 22, 2017, 5:47pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online

At this rate they will be sold out before Richard announces it in fridays EIS update

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 25 - 268
devoleb
November 22, 2017, 10:50pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
20 days 22 hours 56 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier

The people behind this item are more or less the same as for the Violet Flame Greek 2 x CD edition and it's not just a forthcoming 4th single but a special Greek release. So don't count on any of these remixes on any 4th single....just saying  

My 'Here I Go Impossible' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56CSYAG8aw
My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
My 'I Lose Myself' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVtrcNpw94
My 'When A Lover Leaves You' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkYC6_en-E
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 26 - 268
easternize
November 22, 2017, 11:32pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
5 days 18 hours 40 minutes
i would highly doubt that these mixes will be released again--i would say buy NOW if not sold out already
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 27 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 23, 2017, 3:25am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from kwerty

This expanded edition has been promoted as featuring 6 exclusive remixes.

If as soon as they've sold out of the sets they then go and announce that they're going to release them all as a single, they will no longer be exclusive.

To do so would possibly render the claim of exclusivity to be false advertising.

I certainly would demand my money back.

I disagree wholeheartedly. There are many an example of "Limited Edition" releases subsequently released as part of later releases or in different formats on different regional labels. This was what I was getting at with citing the loathesome stance of some to the EBX sets way back when. They made quite a similar argument.

You really can't hold Mute to what a licensee claims or does. Did everyone march on Mute when Alfa released extended releases? What about when Intercord did color vinyl? Plus any implied or stated exclusivity of content was, again, made void by the EBX boxes, so did you want your money back for your Heavenly Action L12" after EBX came out?

Truly, I get how it can be annoying to some if we are to see the 4th single go forward, but I really do think it would be because of how well this did, rather than have been planned this way (at least I hope so). The news of the fourth single would have been known by now if it had been planned ahead.

I just don't feel as sore as you do, or would, right now, since I bought with this possibility in mind. Plus, we're getting a rainbow. Are you saying you wouldn't buy this for that alone???

Quoted from devoleb
The people behind this item are more or less the same as for the Violet Flame Greek 2 x CD edition and it's not just a forthcoming 4th single but a special Greek release. So don't count on any of these remixes on any 4th single....just saying  

Outside of Marsheaux, the tracklist doesn't look at all to so Greek-specific that I think it was always meant solely for this release. No, I think they released what was comissioned for that 4th single, and maybe had Marsheaux sweeten the pot if they weren't on board to begin with.

Quoted from mr first
Well correct me if I'm wrong but to commission 6 remixers and only make 500 available mute are either paying them peanuts making a loss or they will make be careful remixes available at a later date either on physical format or download

Agreed. I think these mixes were "in the can" already.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 28 - 268
Gareth Pugh
November 23, 2017, 9:49am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

I disagree wholeheartedly. There are many an example of "Limited Edition" releases subsequently released as part of later releases or in different formats on different regional labels.

That’s my view too. These days I tend to view the offer of ‘exclusive’ tracks as a promise that these mixes etc are only available this way *for the time being* at the time of release - not as a ‘promise forward’ that they will not be made available again via other means, even quite soon. Look at OMD’s imminent ‘wash-up’ B-Sides and Bonus Tracks’ CD due in December. I bought the 3 x 12” singles bundle for this album for the sake of nice items for the collection but I didn’t think the B-side tracks wouldn’t soon be compiled in another format: they did the same bit of tidying at the end of the campaign for the last 2 albums as well. And I don’t mind, just as I won’t mind if BCWYWF does become a 4th single in the new year for the tour (not sure we will see a 4th, but a ‘Tour Edition’ of the WBG or a Record
Store 2018 mixes EP are 2 developments that I wouldn’t be surprised by if they happened).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 29 - 268
devoleb
November 23, 2017, 2:27pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Outside of Marsheaux, the tracklist doesn't look at all to so Greek-specific

...what can I say...you're wrong

Though I won't bet nothing on, any of these remixes will be to find anywhere but on this release, in the future

My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 30 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 23, 2017, 6:52pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb

Though I won't bet nothing on, any of these remixes will be to find anywhere but on this release, in the future

I'm not too big to admit when I'm wrong, and I'm...not entirely certain I'm correct.  

I dug a bit more on the remix artists, and two or three are UNDO-signed. Metroland is Belgian, so I'm holding onto that.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 31 - 268
Pughie
November 24, 2017, 6:35am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

I'm not too big to admit when I'm wrong, and I'm...not entirely certain I'm correct.  

I dug a bit more on the remix artists, and two or three are UNDO-signed. Metroland is Belgian, so I'm holding onto that.  

As far as I’m aware none of the Violet Flame Greek remixes made it to another release

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 32 - 268
devoleb
November 24, 2017, 4:17pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

I'm not too big to admit when I'm wrong, and I'm

Not to keen about saying that at all, but there you go    ....especially not when your knowledge about Erasure is so large  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 33 - 268
Pughie
November 24, 2017, 4:19pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
SOLD OUT

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 34 - 268
Mikedepaz
November 24, 2017, 11:59pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I was going to order one but they always have a new mystery box that pops up

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 35 - 268
devoleb
November 25, 2017, 12:28am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
I was going to order one but they always have a new mystery box that pops up

Yeah....like "Don't buy the album yet....just wait for the Greek release"  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 36 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 25, 2017, 3:31am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb
Not to keen about saying that at all, but there you go    ....especially not when your knowledge about Erasure is so large  

*Checks sarcasm detector*  

Quoted from devoleb

Frankly, this should now be a meme.

If Trump released his tax returns, UNDO would still add a few more pages.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 37 - 268
Mikedepaz
November 25, 2017, 5:34am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb

More like we sold out but look we found an unexpected box in our crazy unorganized warehouse  

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 38 - 268
AIRAZUR
November 25, 2017, 9:33am Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
33 days 8 hours 14 minutes
Quoted from devoleb

..even on YouTube ?...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 39 - 268
halloo9
November 25, 2017, 12:14pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
19 hours 36 minutes
hi,

i missed it!! anyone bought a second one and would like to trade for the greek Violet Flame double CD ("The Violet Flame - Exlusive Remixes) (still sealed)?

thx,
bye,
chris
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 40 - 268
devoleb
November 25, 2017, 5:14pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from AIRAZUR

..even on YouTube ?...

Read again.....I think you misunderstood me

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 41 - 268
AIRAZUR
November 26, 2017, 11:38am Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
33 days 8 hours 14 minutes
Quoted from devoleb

Read again.....I think you misunderstood me

OK, sorry (English is not my native language...)  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 42 - 268
Danger
November 26, 2017, 1:54pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 15 hours 33 minutes
Quoted from Pughie
SOLD OUT

D'oh, missed

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 43 - 268
devoleb
November 26, 2017, 4:11pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from AIRAZUR

OK, sorry (English is not my native language...)  

Hey, not mine either....had to read what I wrote twice to understand it myself  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 44 - 268
Mikedepaz
November 27, 2017, 12:20am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
United Nations, we end up understanding each other

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 45 - 268
glazball
November 27, 2017, 2:11pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Be careful what you wish for, indeed!  I boycotted this release.

What really pisses me off is that many of us were hoping for Be Careful as a single, and we got the crappy JALL instead.  Mute sells us a CD single filled with mostly forgettable JALL mixes knowing the whole time that Be Careful mixes were in the works (which I assume have GOT to be better mixes than JALL mixes).

Like Mr First said, after throwing money after money to buy and then rebuy everything Erasure (ie, FM2M), I'm losing my taste for this money-grabbing crap.  If we get these released as a single that everyone can (reasonably) purchase, I'll get them.  If not, I'll just have to live without them.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 46 - 268
mr first
November 27, 2017, 6:23pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I've never Seen the point of these import releases like the Czech release of rock me gently(reasonably priced by the way)or is there reason behind these releases cos neither country is noted for its erasure popularity(if anyone could enlighten on this much obliged)or is just mutes sinister way of driving us fans into a frenzy every time something new is released
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 47 - 268
ben
November 27, 2017, 8:35pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
19 days 15 hours 20 minutes
Quoted from mr first
I've never Seen the point of these import releases like the Czech release of rock me gently(reasonably priced by the way)or is there reason behind these releases cos neither country is noted for its erasure popularity(if anyone could enlighten on this much obliged)or is just mutes sinister way of driving us fans into a frenzy every time something new is released

Well the German/Czech release of Rock Me Gently was just a single, you didn't have to buy the whole album again. Though it flopped in both countries, it was well worth a try and we got some good stuff on those discs.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 48 - 268
glazball
November 27, 2017, 10:23pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I don't know if it was accurate or speculation, but the idea at the time was that Rock Me Gently, with all the long mixes and long running time, was not going to be able to make the UK singles chart, so Mute let their new Czech offices release it.  Germany also got a CD single because Germans seem to get everything electronic music related!

This Greek WBG simply makes no sense to me.  My best, cynical guess is that Be Careful was considered but scrapped as a single, so someone decided to print a few CDs of the mixes, package it with the album (that by now everyone has at least 1 copy of) and charge a premium price.

I know there are many fans who, no matter what is released, are just going to open their wallet and pay whatever it costs.  I know some of you here bought this, and I'm not faulting you by any means, but I personally am just tired of rewarding this kind of behavior.  Looks like my boycott was rather useless though since obviously it sold out before even Richard could mention it in the weekly newsletter!

Just tacky.

And I have to wonder what other WBG repackagings we'll get next year around tour time!  You know they are cooking up something.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 49 - 268
Tin Soldier
November 28, 2017, 1:53am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Well, I like Marsheaux, and I'm deciding to, for the moment, feel positive about being hoodwinked into laying down my cash for this.

Still, while I get your point, this is not nearly as egregious as the multiple digital editions of Electric Blue being spaced out as they were, and it's pretty on par with what the Japanese labels had done in the heyday (and still occasionally get up to) of Britpop popularity. Put simply, this niche market really doesn't exist as it did then, and most licensed labels don't attempt to do it...if they even try to license a release these days. UNDO is an anomaly here in their attempt to corner the remaining "expanded import" market when it comes to Erasure. In fact, I kind of applaud them for trying to do something so nostalgic and succeeding (Unlike other true cashgrabs like Intervention with their Wonderland Sire LP reissue). I wish I could walk into Tower or HMV and find a copy in the Imports section.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 50 - 268
Gareth Pugh
December 10, 2017, 3:07pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from mr first

I don't know to be honest. It might be a condition of getting Undo to take on the album's greek release/distribution that small labels provide them with the chance to do something exclusive. I know it's not just Mute, 100% records (home of OMD since they reformed) agreed to a similar 'greek only edition' of their first reunion album, (the brilliant) History of Modern; that came with 2 or 3 bonus remixes (again, including one by Undo's own act Marsheaux) and that came in very nice different packaging (black sturdy slipcase sealed with a printed logo'd ribbon and a wax seal with the OMD logo on).  So I'd guess it is something like that. I guess having exclusive content helps Undo because it widens their potential sales audience up to fans around the world also wanting it. And who knows, that might make the difference between it being worth Undo's while to get it printed up and not, numbers-wise.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 51 - 268
Gareth Pugh
December 10, 2017, 5:08pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from glazball
I don't know if it was accurate or speculation, but the idea at the time was that Rock Me Gently, with all the long mixes and long running time, was not going to be able to make the UK singles chart, so Mute let their new Czech offices release it.  Germany also got a CD single because Germans seem to get everything electronic music related!

And I have to wonder what other WBG repackagings we'll get next year around tour time!  You know they are cooking up something.

The way Rock Me Gently was released was, I heard, Mute decided it wasn't financially worth risking good money after bad on a third UK domestic single after the first two had underperformed here quite badly (by Erasure's standards at that time), but that the album project had done OK in some continental territories (Czech Republic and a little later Germany and the Netherlands with the 4-track CD format).

The UK chart rules at that time allowed for an EP CD (the insistence on having to have a 2-track '7inch content amount' CD single as part of the formats mix came later) which could have up to 4 tracks and could contain songs other than just the A-side, but couldn't exceed either 4 tracks and 20 mins. The German and Dutch 4-track CD would have allowed for that, no problem. Then, you were also allowed a remixes CD and that had a more generous 40 minutes max run time, providing you didn't  include anything except versions of just the A-side track. You could release both and indeed, that's the pattern the UK releases of Stay with Me and Fingers and Thumbs followed. I suspect the German/Dutch 4-track would have been the UK 'CDMute xxx' and then the 4 mixes exclusive to the Czech CD (i.e. excluding the 7" mix of RMG and Chertsey Endlos) would have made up the UK 'LCD Mute xxx'.

In other words, there would have been no problem splitting the total of 8 different tracks and mixes that exist across all RMG EU formats into a permutation that was in keeping with all other 'Erasure' album singles, and keeping within the chart rules. And so I'd heard the import of (I think I was told by the EIS) 5,000 copies of the Czech CD into the UK for distribution to larger record stores like Virgin and HMV as 'Import' was a gesture to keep UK fans happy. But not to do with track lengths and    prevailing chart rules.

Also - something tells me you may well be right about there being a collectible/expanded/re-released format of the WBG album to coincide with the tour. I know nothing whatsoever by the way, so i'm not dropping hints when I say that, I don't know any - but my gut-feel says I think you could well be right on that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 52 - 268
DAJ
December 13, 2017, 9:02pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 20 hours 32 minutes
My recollection was that it had something to do with the fact that Erasure had had an unbroken string of Top 20 hits going back to "Sometimes," and that this would be preserved by not releasing "Rock Me Gently." in the UK.  "Fingers and Thumbs" only made #20, and they did manage to go one further with "In My Arms."  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 53 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 14, 2017, 3:59am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from DAJ
My recollection was that it had something to do with the fact that Erasure had had an unbroken string of Top 20 hits going back to "Sometimes," and that this would be preserved by not releasing "Rock Me Gently." in the UK.  "Fingers and Thumbs" only made #20, and they did manage to go one further with "In My Arms."  

I remember something to this effect. But oddly enough they did a real high quality professional video for RMG and this  to me one of their best videos too.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 54 - 268
DAJ
December 14, 2017, 1:45pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

I remember something to this effect. But oddly enough they did a real high quality professional video for RMG and this  to me one of their best videos too.

Yes, but maybe they had made the video while preparing the release, then changed their minds.  It is a good video, though.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 55 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 15, 2017, 4:22am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from DAJ

Yes, but maybe they had made the video while preparing the release, then changed their minds.  It is a good video, though.  

The video was made for a UK release or was it all along for the Czech/ German release?

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 56 - 268
Pughie
December 15, 2017, 7:03am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

The video was made for a UK release or was it all along for the Czech/ German release?

That's a very good question,the video for RMG was argualbly one of their finest (some are real stinkers not mentioning any names Star/Elevation) it does beg the question why spend what looks like a very big budget on a very small release?,maybe it was earmarked for a wider release?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 57 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 17, 2017, 1:09pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Both Erasure and Depeche Mode have missed the boat on RSD. They have their perfect target audience just waiting for Anything- Globally!! Yes the numbers aren't large but it always keeps the hardcore fans buying from their favorite groups. As Mark mentioned already, we should have had many cool things done already. Hope they do something for 2018

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 58 - 268
Gareth Pugh
December 17, 2017, 5:51pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

That's a very good question,the video for RMG was argualbly one of their finest (some are real stinkers not mentioning any names Star/Elevation) it does beg the question why spend what looks like a very big budget on a very small release?,maybe it was earmarked for a wider release?

I'd always assumed the RMG video was shot before they decided to scale back the planned full-scale UK release (CD, LCD, 12" etc.) to the more limited formats and countries?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 59 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 17, 2017, 10:26pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Both Erasure and Depeche Mode have missed the boat on RSD. They have their perfect target audience just waiting for Anything- Globally!! Yes the numbers aren't large but it always keeps the hardcore fans buying from their favorite groups. As Mark mentioned already, we should have had many cool things done already. Hope they do something for 2018

A picture disc press is a terrible thing to waste.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 60 - 268
MikeyC
December 17, 2017, 11:06pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

A picture disc press is a terrible thing to waste.

You love your picture discs!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 61 - 268
DAJ
December 18, 2017, 3:14pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh

I'd always assumed the RMG video was shot before they decided to scale back the planned full-scale UK release (CD, LCD, 12" etc.) to the more limited formats and countries?

That's my assumption as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 62 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 19, 2017, 5:31am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from MikeyC
You love your picture discs!!  

Are you saying I sound like a broken record?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 63 - 268
MikeyC
December 20, 2017, 12:31am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Are you saying I sound like a broken record?

You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby

No, I'm saying you're passionate and you know what you like!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 64 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 20, 2017, 4:09am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
A Phantom Bride Picture Disc that shall remain Phantom

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 65 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 20, 2017, 11:22am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Until I have a 3-D printer, that is.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 66 - 268
chubs
December 21, 2017, 9:17am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
14 hours 36 minutes
Out today, hopefully despatched today also and urgent mail to the UK
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 67 - 268
Gareth Pugh
December 21, 2017, 2:27pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from chubs
Out today, hopefully despatched today also and urgent mail to the UK

I hate to be the pessimist but I’ve pre-ordered a few things from Undo and the time it takes to get from Greece to UK is usually about 3 weeks or so after release date, so i reckon we’re looking at mid January or so.

Fingers crossed this time’s the exception, though!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 68 - 268
devoleb
December 21, 2017, 2:54pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh

I hate to be the pessimist but I’ve pre-ordered a few things from Undo and the time it takes to get from Greece to UK is usually about 3 weeks or so after release date, so i reckon we’re looking at mid January or so.

Fingers crossed this time’s the exception, though!

Not that it will help but for a fact I know several of their delays have been caused from companies who have been produced the discs/artwork.....

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 69 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 22, 2017, 1:42am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Let me know if anyone got a spare for sale when they get it.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 70 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 25, 2017, 10:27am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh

They should have added a North American Tour Hype sticker to the plastic wrap, then.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 71 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 26, 2017, 2:53am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I guess they take orders and then go into production, which takes some time

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 72 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 26, 2017, 2:54am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
That sounds more like a pledge-based project.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 73 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 26, 2017, 3:05am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
That sounds more like a pledge-based project.

Well they have the same principals, they met the pre order quota and then sets off to produce them.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 74 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 26, 2017, 5:30am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Considering they have a track record of such releases, and know how well they do, they ought to have felt confident to commit to a run either way. This wasn't touted as "if and when we get 500 orders...".

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 75 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 27, 2017, 1:38am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
The selling point was it was limited to 500. They could have easily sold 750 or 1000. But they set up that benchmark number for some reason. I know they did more because no one stops at 500 on a production run.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 76 - 268
Pughie
December 27, 2017, 5:41am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
The selling point was it was limited to 500. They could have easily sold 750 or 1000. But they set up that benchmark number for some reason. I know they did more because no one stops at 500 on a production run.

The last Greek Edition from Undo was a limited of 500.
Also Lexer had copies for sale but they seem to have not given them a sales option this time round. That may well be due to the quick sales run of the Violet Flame version and they thought well let's keep all profits for us! (Cynical but probable)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 77 - 268
Pughie
December 28, 2017, 6:38pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I’ve not received this email but other buyers have it seems-(nice to see abespoke album cover rather than the added on card sleeve last time)

Here is a copy of the mail i got today from Undo...

Dear ******

Thank you for ordering the Erasure-World Be Gone Greek Edition CD! We’re writing to let you know that orders have been delayed slightly by late delivery of the tri-fold digipack remixes Cd package  

Those will be  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on January 4th   and Cds will be out for delivery the same day

We thank you (again) for your patience and feel sure the cd you’ve ordered will be worth the wait.

Happy Christmas,

George and Nick xxxx

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 78 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 28, 2017, 8:44pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie
I’ve not received this email but other buyers have it seems-(nice to see abespoke album cover rather than the added on card sleeve last time)

Here is a copy of the mail i got today from Undo...

Dear ******

Thank you for ordering the Erasure-World Be Gone Greek Edition CD! We’re writing to let you know that orders have been delayed slightly by late delivery of the tri-fold digipack remixes Cd package  

Those will be  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on January 4th   and Cds will be out for delivery the same day

We thank you (again) for your patience and feel sure the cd you’ve ordered will be worth the wait.

Happy Christmas,

George and Nick xxxx

Well, I'm not too miffed, but it would have been a nice touch to have made some of the tracks available online in the meantime within those emails...of which I didn't get one.

Just sayin'.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 79 - 268
Mikedepaz
December 28, 2017, 11:25pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I would agree that a Download option should have been made available to those who prepaid

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 80 - 268
Gareth Pugh
December 29, 2017, 3:41pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

It’s funny, this time around I was hoping the BCWYWF! disc *was* going to come in a separate card sleeve so it could be stored as an ‘almost’ 4th single in the collector’s box from JALL.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 81 - 268
glazball
December 29, 2017, 7:14pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Well maybe one of you creative types here can print up some fan-made sleeves for BCWYWF, and we'll get Dima to print up half-assed CDR copies for those of us who didn't get it.  Boom!  Our 'almost' 4th single!

Kidding, kidding!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 82 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 29, 2017, 7:48pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh
It’s funny, this time around I was hoping the BCWYWF! disc *was* going to come in a separate card sleeve so it could be stored as an ‘almost’ 4th single in the collector’s box from JALL.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 83 - 268
Gareth Pugh
December 29, 2017, 8:13pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Vandalism! Sacrilege! Erm.... other things!!

😉
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 84 - 268
Tin Soldier
December 30, 2017, 5:44am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Hey, I understand. I couldn't bring myself to cut out my EIS card from the form. Had the whole thing laminated. The Private Ear too. Real pain to flip the pages now.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 85 - 268
Pughie
January 4, 2018, 5:59pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Orders should be dispatched today

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 86 - 268
Pughie
January 10, 2018, 9:10pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie
Orders should be dispatched today

To think I typed that whilst full of hope.

A post on the UEC states the cd won’t be out now until 15th January I’ve emailed Undo but as yet have had no response but this is apparently a snippet of an email sent to a fan.

“The truth is that  our typographer is changing the  delivery date ,day by day
We used the digipack template that Mute provided us ( they designed the artwork)
But this template and the  outercard was not compatible with our templates and the typographer had to adjust all from the beginning

Those will be  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on January 15th   and Cds will be out for delivery the same day”

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 87 - 268
Mikedepaz
January 11, 2018, 12:52am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I get the feeling that they will produce more to sell

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 88 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 11, 2018, 9:36am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Again, no downloads for those who ordered.

Have to say, that should leave a bad taste in the mouths of everyone who's ordered.

If not the tracks, since it's a printer issue, they could add an extra lyric booklet or something. Only appropriate.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 89 - 268
Mikedepaz
January 11, 2018, 1:48pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Or mini poster or postcard set

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 90 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 11, 2018, 2:45pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I like the way you think.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 91 - 268
MikeyC
January 12, 2018, 2:35am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Or a plastic blow-up "globe" (the world in World Be Gone) beach ball!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 92 - 268
devoleb
January 12, 2018, 9:03am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Or the full remastered Abba collection on minidisc  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 93 - 268
Mikedepaz
January 12, 2018, 2:24pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb
Or the full remastered Abba collection on minidisc  

How did that get in the mix?

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 94 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 13, 2018, 4:01am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Not heard of printers doing those or beach balls, but then I'm not so much in the know anymore.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 95 - 268
NikacP0kac
January 14, 2018, 11:44pm Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 58 minutes
Anyone heard these remixes yet? How are they?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 96 - 268
Pughie
January 15, 2018, 6:23am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from NikacP0kac
Anyone heard these remixes yet? How are they?

Today is supposed to be the (3rd) release day so in theory nobody has heard them until CD arrives in the next week or so.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 97 - 268
Mikedepaz
January 15, 2018, 1:55pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
These seems to be a production nightmare for Undo

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 98 - 268
MikeyC
January 15, 2018, 11:47pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
These seems to be a production nightmare for Undo

Quelle surprise.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 99 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 16, 2018, 6:12am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
AGAIN, that something should be offered in compensation to those who ordered GOES WITHOUT SAYING...except I needed to.

C'mon UNDO. Make with the MP3s and the added paper goods already.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 100 - 268
Pughie
January 16, 2018, 8:37am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I’ve been assured by Undo Records that all of the UK orders of the Greek Edition of World Be Gone were sent out on 15th January I assume all other orders would be despatched same day.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 101 - 268
guille37b
January 17, 2018, 1:04pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 5 hours 15 minutes
Just receive this from Undo Records (with artwork pictures):

"Thank you for ordering the Erasure-World Be Gone Greek Edition CD! We’re writing to let you know that orders have been delayed slightly by late delivery of the tri-fold digipack remixes Cd package

The truth is that  our typographer is changing the  delivery date ,day by day
We used the digipack template that Mute provided us ( they designed the artwork)
But this template and the  outercard was not compatible with our templates and the typographer had to adjust all from the beginning

Those was  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse yesterday,January 16th   and Cds will be out for delivery from today

Happy New Year!!!"

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 102 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 17, 2018, 3:11pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Hmm, wondering now: Did Paul (Taylor) work with Paul (White) when he (White) was working as Me Company on the Wild! art? I just wonder if Paul (Taylor) is kinda adept at forging his (White) cursive style, or if he (Taylor) did it in the first place.

( )

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 103 - 268
Pughie
January 17, 2018, 7:39pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I want to know what happened to the rainbow version of the cover?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 104 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 18, 2018, 5:30am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Probably even further off screen. Maybe on a second monitor.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 105 - 268
ben
January 26, 2018, 12:24am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
19 days 15 hours 20 minutes
Has anybody received theirs yet? I don't expect anything too exciting, but it will bridge the gap until World Beyond.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 106 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 26, 2018, 3:40am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Nada.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 107 - 268
Pughie
January 26, 2018, 5:56am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from ben
Has anybody received theirs yet? I don't expect anything too exciting, but it will bridge the gap until World Beyond.

This is like Greek Watch,anybody who gets theirs lost a photo lol,we have to find out it's a 'real' thing at some point

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 108 - 268
Pughie
January 26, 2018, 10:38am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Still awaiting this item,a reply has been put up on FB that these were delivered to the office and posted 18th jan which is 3 days after I was assured they were sent out! Undo your customer service is appalling

Their full reply as posted on FB-

For those asking about the 2 CD Greek Edition, I had a reply from Undo Records :

Dear  Joseph

The truth is that  our typographer was changing the  delivery date ,day by day
Those was  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on,January 18h   and we started sending them to their destination from the same day and we finished the service on Thursday 24/1.Please allow 7-14 days for delivery
Happy New Year!!!
George and Nick xxxx

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 109 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 26, 2018, 1:12pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Again, this needs to be compensated for.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 110 - 268
glazball
January 26, 2018, 3:25pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Agreed Tin.  How about an actual single release of Be Careful instead of this 2CD ripoff?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 111 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 26, 2018, 4:04pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I have to say, this is a horrendous time to have money paid out for something not yet in hand; what with recent ticket purchases, new album, and merchandise offers. Given the glut of Erasure items to buy right now, not having fulfilled our orders, especially after repeated promises otherwise, is really crossing the line.

Obviously, having failed to keep those repeated promises, it does fall upon them to assuage any buyer's remorse here and offer something as compensation. That is, if they ever want us to commit to buying another edition like this; which frankly might be a lost cause for some.

You've seen I've suggested several things here which are within their means, and, in hindsight, are barely even compensatory, and even those haven't even been seen as entertained. They simply reiterate the original product as paid for (actually, that's not even true now), will be shipped. That's really deplorable.

I never thought there would be a company tied to Erasure that I would hold in the same regard as Pledge (even Intervention wasn't as bad), but that idea is clearly one UNDO is willing to embrace. Shame on them.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 112 - 268
gabila100
January 26, 2018, 4:16pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 22 hours 49 minutes
A message should be send to Richard so he can present the situation to the band and management team.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 113 - 268
Pughie
January 26, 2018, 5:35pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from gabila100
A message should be send to Richard so he can present the situation to the band and management team.

undorecords@email.bigcartel.com

Let’s all get into them and ask “actually what date did you post these CDs,oh and let’s get a CORRECT DATE”

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 114 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 26, 2018, 6:30pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from gabila100

That's fully justified. UNDO should have their Mute license reevaluated.

That said, I'd hate for the death of this resurrected format to come out of this. Having current Mute-licensed labels release their own exclusive editions as many did in the 80s and 90s is a beautiful thing. Still, UNDO is the one to have jeopardized that; not the wronged fans.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 115 - 268
Gareth Pugh
January 27, 2018, 9:57am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Well, mine has just arrived (strangely, with an Undo records address label with a UK address and posted within the UK - not, as with my previous orders, sent from Greece and covered in Greek postage stamps).

Am just about to give the remix CD a spin.

But - get ready for this - the remixes EP disc sits in a nice tri-fold (sometimes called '6 panel') digipack with a clear plastic tray glued into the middle section. And that sits in a nice slipcase with the album and mixes EP track listing on it.

But the WBG album CD can't slide inside it to join the mixes CD - the slipcase isn't wide enough to hold both! So it just has to sit separately 'next' to the mix CD-in-slipcase. Bit strange.

Will update on the mixes soon!

G
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 116 - 268
Pughie
January 27, 2018, 10:17am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Mine too

UK return address!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 117 - 268
Pughie
January 27, 2018, 10:20am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh
Well, mine has just arrived (strangely, with an Undo records address label with a UK address and posted within the UK - not, as with my previous orders, sent from Greece and covered in Greek postage stamps).

Am just about to give the remix CD a spin.

But - get ready for this - the remixes EP disc sits in a nice tri-fold (sometimes called '6 panel') digipack with a clear plastic tray glued into the middle section. And that sits in a nice slipcase with the album and mixes EP track listing on it.

But the WBG album CD can't slide inside it to join the mixes CD - the slipcase isn't wide enough to hold both! So it just has to sit separately 'next' to the mix CD-in-slipcase. Bit strange.

Will update on the mixes soon!

G

It’s a nice Edition but piss poor in its execution,all this effort to make a special trifold cover onoybto then just add a normal copy of the album like they did last time.
Plus the unique rainbow art isn’t used at all.

What happened with this?-

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 118 - 268
Gareth Pugh
January 27, 2018, 10:26am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I've just noticed the mixes digipak has a 'pocket' on one side, so I suppose you could stick the album CD in that, slide your album booklet into the outer slipcase, and have a 'whole package' that way (and just sling your spare album cover).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 119 - 268
Gareth Pugh
January 27, 2018, 10:27am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Halfway through the remixes and what I've heard so far is pretty good actually! Mostly honouring the melody and vocals of the original but with some new twists.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 120 - 268
Pughie
January 27, 2018, 10:37am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh
I've just noticed the mixes digipak has a 'pocket' on one side, so I suppose you could stick the album CD in that, slide your album booklet into the outer slipcase, and have a 'whole package' that way (and just sling your spare album cover).

Precisely why they didn’t do this in the first place is beyond me.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 121 - 268
Gareth Pugh
January 27, 2018, 11:02am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Right, on my second go round through the remixes of BCWYWF!

Got to say - of all the WBG tracks that got the remixes treatment - I think this might be the strongest/most high-quality batch of remixes out of any of 'Love You to the Sky', 'World Be Gone', 'Just a Little Love' and 'Oh What a World'. Really melodic, no dull autopilot mixes with little of the original melody, arrangements/sounds or vocals of the original. Instead, in the main, what you get is a more 'true-to-the-spirit-of-synth-pop'/early Mute treatments.

[Spoilers follow - sorry, I couldn't work out a way to hide this next bit]

Lacquer Remix, when it gets going, is like a slightly dark n moody electro-disco belter. Really good. One to get up and dance around to!
Paint a Rumour Remix by Marsheaux - classic Marsheaux really, which is v good - like early-post-Vince era DM, very melodic and intricate
Tareq Remix - a bit more contemporary electronica, but still full vocal and with proper tune/chord pattern intact (so, not just 'untz-untz-untz' autopilot EDM)
Eliot Remix - probably the most far-removed from the elements of the original song, but still quite good. Slightly dark pumping house. Feels longer than its 3 minutes, but in a good way
Fotonovela Remix - really beautiful - lovely additional melodies that really complement Vince's original work. Almost symphony-like. One to sit down and savour.
Metro land's Mono-Poly Remix - slows the pace down a bit, somewhat more mid-tempo but again really nice melodies and full vocal/full tune

On the whole, well worth getting (and waiting) for. Some of these are so good, I'd be very surprised if at least some of these don't get a wider release elsewhere, be that a standalone download EP via the likes of iTunes, or a Record Store Day release, or maybe on a World Beyond single (if there is one).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 122 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 27, 2018, 11:40am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
UNDO UK:

(You don't want me to post Mute's BMG office. The glass glare is blinding)  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 123 - 268
Pughie
January 27, 2018, 9:10pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 124 - 268
mr first
January 27, 2018, 10:38pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Who ever has put these on eBay ,I think it's disgusting
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 125 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 28, 2018, 1:25am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Still no joy here.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 126 - 268
Mikedepaz
January 28, 2018, 1:26am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I'm hoping they have an extra small batch for sale.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 127 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 28, 2018, 1:33am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I tend to doubt it; at least compared to TVF. There was much more hoopla about this album, and this was reported to have sold out more quickly than what I recall of their TVF release.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 128 - 268
gabila100
January 28, 2018, 5:23am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 22 hours 49 minutes
Not sure if this is the right place to ask the question, but what ever happened to John Marshall and his radio interviews with Andy and Vince ?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 129 - 268
Mikedepaz
January 28, 2018, 6:44am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
I tend to doubt it; at least compared to TVF. There was much more hoopla about this album, and this was reported to have sold out more quickly than what I recall of their TVF release.

A mystery box with more TVF Greek CD were found months later and put for sale.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 130 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 28, 2018, 11:14am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
That would be the final straw here for some, what with their "Only 50 Left" tweets about this one.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 131 - 268
Pughie
January 28, 2018, 11:35am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from gabila100
Not sure if this is the right place to ask the question, but what ever happened to John Marshall and his radio interviews with Andy and Vince ?

He did an interview for World Be Gone listen here to the full unedited version exclusively for Erasure4rum-

https://soundcloud.com/pughie/world-be-gone-the-john-marshall-interview-2017

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 132 - 268
Pughie
January 28, 2018, 8:13pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Greek mixes on here for a short while,or until i get shot!!

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/eYYYsCllV6

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 133 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 28, 2018, 8:32pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quick skip through, and some favorites so far:

Paint a Rumour > Fotonovela Remix > Metro land's Mono-Poly Remix.

First two really add and don't diverge from the essence of the original track. Actually almost a little Goldfrapp-y in a way. Really works. Last is a nice retro synth sound but less smooth.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 134 - 268
Pughie
January 28, 2018, 8:57pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh

Lacquer Remix, when it gets going, is like a slightly dark n moody electro-disco belter. Really good. One to get up and dance around to!
Paint a Rumour Remix by Marsheaux - classic Marsheaux really, which is v good - like early-post-Vince era DM, very melodic and intricate
Tareq Remix - a bit more contemporary electronica, but still full vocal and with proper tune/chord pattern intact (so, not just 'untz-untz-untz' autopilot EDM)
Eliot Remix - probably the most far-removed from the elements of the original song, but still quite good. Slightly dark pumping house. Feels longer than its 3 minutes, but in a good way
Fotonovela Remix - really beautiful - lovely additional melodies that really complement Vince's original work. Almost symphony-like. One to sit down and savour.
Metro land's Mono-Poly Remix - slows the pace down a bit, somewhat more mid-tempo but again really nice melodies and full vocal/full tune

On the whole, well worth getting (and waiting) for. Some of these are so good, I'd be very surprised if at least some of these don't get a wider release elsewhere, be that a standalone download EP via the likes of iTunes, or a Record Store Day release, or maybe on a World Beyond single (if there is one).

Gareth i must also mirror your comments im loving all of these mixes. Undo have done a good job,but the execution of the project is debateable.

Also to point out that my CD was posted in the UK on 26th January and arrived the day after. Maybe the bulk of CDs were posted from Greece earlier to be reposted in the UK?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 135 - 268
larry
January 28, 2018, 11:33pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 22 hours 5 minutes
Greek mixes on here for a short while,or until i get shot!!

thank you Pughie!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 136 - 268
MrErasure
January 29, 2018, 12:02am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 7 hours 51 minutes
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ERA.....e:g:Y-MAAOSwY3dabJdK

This is just total greed !!!!!!     Buy it now for £130??????
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 137 - 268
NikacP0kac
January 29, 2018, 10:43am Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 58 minutes
Tried to make high-res artwork out of photos of the package, think I succeeded (I removed the Greek Remix Edition part, because it just bothered me)   Here it is:

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 138 - 268
Tin Soldier
January 30, 2018, 10:08am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
UNDO has added three of the mixes to Youtube so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52N4prOpczw (Paint a Rumour)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BfGuSW04lE (Lacquer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2YOAFGml0 (Fotonovela)

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 139 - 268
zipzapuk
January 30, 2018, 10:44am Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
13 days 15 hours 33 minutes
now all we need is someone else to upload those other 2 promo mixes

James
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 140 - 268
devoleb
January 30, 2018, 7:37pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from zipzapuk
now all we need is someone else to upload those other 2 promo mixes

James

Be carefull what you wish for   (the last three)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6qo19vDXU (Tareq)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbIDzUSVzE (Metroland's)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4VciBNnC5E (Eliot’s)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 141 - 268
devoleb
February 2, 2018, 4:55pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Haven't received me Greek stuff yet....Am I the only one?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 142 - 268
Makemesmile
February 2, 2018, 6:43pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 hours 5 minutes
No, I haven't received my copy yet  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 143 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 2, 2018, 7:00pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb
Am I the only one?

No, you are not.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 144 - 268
easternize
February 2, 2018, 11:57pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
nothing here in PA usa yet
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 145 - 268
NikacP0kac
February 4, 2018, 12:26am Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 58 minutes
Have to say, the Metroland's Mono-Poly is a very interesting remix, my favourite for now - the chord progression is a bit weird though. Need these in FLAC, damn!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 146 - 268
jak146
February 14, 2018, 1:50pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 19 hours 27 minutes
Happy Valentine's Day!  Has anyone received their copy in the US yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 147 - 268
devoleb
February 14, 2018, 2:38pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
...and still no one here in Denmark

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 148 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 14, 2018, 8:36pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Same here.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 149 - 268
Pughie
February 15, 2018, 6:45am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I can’t believe it’s taking so long

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 150 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 15, 2018, 9:35am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Mute should threaten to revoke all licensing from them at this point...if they haven't already.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 151 - 268
celebrator
February 15, 2018, 5:07pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
5 days 11 hours 2 minutes
Still nothing here in Brussels either...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 152 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 15, 2018, 6:33pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I swear...UNDO sent me the SAME email, as posted in this thread weeks ago, YESTERDAY.

Mute...I hope you're watching this. You know I'm a lover, and not a moaner (well, in other contexts...), but I am incensed by this. That's a pretty good gauge of how poor the fans are being treated here. We're generally a mild-mannered lot due to the soothing effects of your artists, so you should take this as rioting in the streets.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 153 - 268
Mikedepaz
February 16, 2018, 1:33pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I hope they do something for RSD, I would be a darn shame if they didn't do anything, yet again

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 154 - 268
devoleb
February 16, 2018, 5:17pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
I swear...UNDO sent me the SAME email, as posted in this thread weeks ago, YESTERDAY.

I haven't even received a "we are late with the stuff" mail  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 155 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 16, 2018, 7:26pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Unacceptable.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 156 - 268
devoleb
February 16, 2018, 7:46pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Unacceptable.

Hmmm yeah.....I think it's strange when you think of how serious they are and how good quality their productions are

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 157 - 268
easternize
February 21, 2018, 7:47pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
anyone in the USA get this cd yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 158 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 22, 2018, 5:31am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I haven't.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 159 - 268
devoleb
February 22, 2018, 6:42am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
I haven't.  

Still nothing in Denmark either, weird.....it must be 'on the stairs'

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 160 - 268
Makemesmile
February 22, 2018, 7:49am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 hours 5 minutes
I also haven't received any copy   Live in Sweden
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 161 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 23, 2018, 8:11am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 162 - 268
nightbird4275
February 23, 2018, 1:41pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 16 hours 55 minutes
i have been in contact with Undo 3 times already the last 2 months

OH,BOY i don`t know where to start,oh wait i copy the mail and you can judge by yourself

Those will be  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on January 15th   and Cds will be out for delivery the same day

Happy New Year!!!

George and Nick xxxx

On 8 January 2018

Thank you for ordering the Erasure-World Be Gone Greek Edition CD!

All the orders are on the way!!!!People start getting them and post pics

We’re writing to let you know that orders have been delayed slightly by late delivery of the tri-fold digipack remixes Cd package

Those was  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on January 18h   and we started sending them to their destination from the same day and we finished the service on Thursday 24/1.Please allow 7-21 days for delivery

Best to you and your family

George and Nick xxxx

on  12 January 2018

Really sorry for this delay

I m sure it will show up

People started getting them

Best

George

We are here to solve any problem

on 23 February
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 163 - 268
devoleb
February 23, 2018, 2:32pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from nightbird4275
i have been in contact with Undo 3 times already the last 2 months

OH,BOY i don`t know where to start,oh wait i copy the mail and you can judge by yourself

Those will be  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on January 15th   and Cds will be out for delivery the same day

Happy New Year!!!

George and Nick xxxx

On 8 January 2018

Thank you for ordering the Erasure-World Be Gone Greek Edition CD!

All the orders are on the way!!!!People start getting them and post pics

We’re writing to let you know that orders have been delayed slightly by late delivery of the tri-fold digipack remixes Cd package

Those was  delivered to the Undo Records warehouse on January 18h   and we started sending them to their destination from the same day and we finished the service on Thursday 24/1.Please allow 7-21 days for delivery

Best to you and your family

George and Nick xxxx

on  12 January 2018

Really sorry for this delay

I m sure it will show up

People started getting them

Best

George

We are here to solve any problem

on 23 February

We all know this problem.....a good thing is that they always deliver, though a 'bit' late

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 164 - 268
Pughie
February 23, 2018, 2:35pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
This is a real nightmare,communication between Undo and the people buying their CD has been appalling especially not only with th non communication as to buyers and the ever changing release date but this “we sent out CDs” comments that have been ambiguous to say the least. Saying the CDs had been sent out to the UK on a date that when we received them had only been posted the day before in the UK,what thy should’ve said is that the CDs have to be shipped to the UK before being posted on. That would’ve made all the difference,in the case if the overseas non UK buyers ho knows where thy have been sent from?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 165 - 268
Tin Soldier
February 25, 2018, 11:38pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
It's quite disgusting now. They have been shamed on Twitter, even with Mute having acknowledged the complaints, deemed the matter unacceptable, and promising to investigate, but UNDO has not replied; not even to Mute's own comment. One can easily imagine UNDO staff holing up in some cave somewhere as if this will blow over somehow. It won't.

We paid good money for this. Money we could have spent on other merchandise or concert tickets; not to mention food and rent. The average Erasure fan, really the average fan of any artist, does not have the wallet of a Bill Gates.

Even if we all received our outstanding orders this very moment, we are still deserved recompense for the treatment up until now. It's quite unacceptable.

Frankly, I wouldn't begrudge anyone contacting PayPal or a credit card issuer requesting a chargeback of funds sent to UNDO right now, and I have to wonder how many have already done so. "UNDO" seems ironically apropos in that context.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 166 - 268
Danger
February 26, 2018, 10:03pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I didn't buy it (and now I feel myself a bit lucky) but IMHO who paid via paypal could ask a refund for item not sent and win the claim quite easily, considering that you paid around 4 months ago...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 167 - 268
Pughie
February 27, 2018, 6:49am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger
I didn't buy it (and now I feel myself a bit lucky) but IMHO who paid via paypal could ask a refund for item not sent and win the claim quite easily, considering that you paid around 4 months ago...

This is a very tricky situation as to what to de,firstly after such a long time you could get a refund from PayPal. Then you have two outcomes,either you get a refund and no CD or you get a refund and if Undo have said what they had promised you may also at some point get the CD!
It could also go the other way,if you cancel and they havnt sent it,that's probably it for getting CD.
Also if all copies were indeed sold and Undo have no spares at all,how can they replace undelivered items?,make a new run?,which would fulfil fans desires but also diminish the 'limited release' of the original.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 168 - 268
devoleb
February 27, 2018, 2:33pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger

It's bad really that we (many of us) haven't received these items thats for sure, but I've bought loads of items from UNDO since I collect also Marsheaux, and I've always got what I've paid for....I'm use to long delivery time also from UNDO....not that it's ok, but I have downloaded the tracks now from youtube and I'm in no hurry actually......still it's not ok with this long delivery time, but with these tracks out on YT, I'll only get mad if the item won't be delivered.....maybe my patience is longer than most people, but I buy loads of items these years and the post service is bad now and then  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 169 - 268
easternize
February 28, 2018, 7:38pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
i've also bought many cds from undo over the years-marsheaux, and have never had a problem.  But they do take a while to get the CDs.  Hopefully this time is no different.  All i want it the CD. but is frustrating waiting.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 170 - 268
devoleb
February 28, 2018, 9:18pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from easternize
but is frustrating waiting.

I agree...also the lack of info around the delay

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 171 - 268
Pughie
March 1, 2018, 5:44am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Maybe if they get to do another limited album for the next original Erasure album then maybe they should think about shipping all the CDs to the UK and posting them out from here as the Greek postal service seems to be very unreliable to say the least.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 172 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 1, 2018, 5:57am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie
Maybe if they get to do another limited album for the next original Erasure album then maybe they should think about shipping all the CDs to the UK and posting them out from here as the Greek postal service seems to be very unreliable to say the least.

So, you're saying the ones that were posted from the UK already only shipped within the UK?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 173 - 268
Pughie
March 1, 2018, 10:43am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

So, you're saying the ones that were posted from the UK already only shipped within the UK?

Yes mine was posted on the Friday before it arrived on Saturday

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 174 - 268
nightbird4275
March 1, 2018, 1:41pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
BREAKING NEWS---------------------------------------------------------

MINE CAME TODAY

MIEN WAS SEND FROM GREECE

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 175 - 268
devoleb
March 1, 2018, 3:07pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I'll here come up with an example from the real life  

I did order a CD 22/2 from Attica, Pallini Greece and a 12" vinyl 26/2 from Athen Greece

They both have arrived here on my address in Denmark today

No excuse for slow Greek postal service I should say  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 176 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 1, 2018, 3:29pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

Yes mine was posted on the Friday before it arrived on Saturday

I remember from the earlier post; it was why I asked what I did.

To put it another way: You believe the ones being sent from the UK office are only being shipped within the UK?

Quoted from nightbird4275
BREAKING NEWS---------------------------------------------------------

MINE CAME TODAY

MIEN WAS SEND FROM GREECE

Where are you located?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 177 - 268
nightbird4275
March 1, 2018, 5:38pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
DENMARK
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 178 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 1, 2018, 5:55pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Ah, that's certainly an overland route if it's going via surface. I wonder if German/French/Spanish folks are getting them shipped direct from Greece as well. If you hail from those areas, and receive it, please tell us where it shipped from.

Anyhow, if so many went to a UK office for UK distribution due to being overseas from mainland Europe, then one would assume that US or other orders from other continents be done the same with some regional fulfillment company. If not, then it's incomprehensible. Even PledgeMusic did this (badly, which is becoming comparable now)

Right now, I feel they are making up for their shortfall by skimping on shipping fulfillment here, or are sending them out as produced. Either way it remains unacceptable; most especially UNDO's attempt to ignore the situation as if all is well.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 179 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 1, 2018, 7:12pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Bruno (of VinceClarkeFanpage.de / @VinceClarkeFP) just got his in Germany from Greece (Airmail):

Since it's airmail from Greece to Germany, it can't have been too long, which seems to indicate they went out recently rather than that they have been lingering in transit.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 180 - 268
celebrator
March 1, 2018, 7:46pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I'm glad that Bruno received his today.  It's all a bit odd, especially as today UNDO records has posted on their Instagramm account a post with evidently a picture of the release.
I commented on that post  asking when I would receive mine.  Im waiting for a reply

I have been ordering for several years with UNDO records and they always delivered, albeit with some delay.  But never ever had I had to wait this long for something from them to be delivered, and never before did they not reply to an email request. I only sent one on 25th January.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 181 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 1, 2018, 8:32pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Given your proximity, I would hope you get yours today or tomorrow in light of Danish and German deliveries, but I don't expect anything. Good luck!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 182 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 1, 2018, 8:55pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Alright, the postmark on Bruno's mailer does say the 24th, and it came from Greece. Mark's came from Middlesex and was posted the 18th.

The last email I received said the timeframe was 7-21 days from Jan 24th, so Mark got his early, and likely because they were more on the ball with domestic distribution.

The thing is...aside from the fact it's been over 21 days (the biggie), how long does airmail for one CD take from Greece to Denmark or Germany? I'm almost wonder if five days might be the answer, and the "24" in the postmark on Bruno's copy is February.  

Alright, that may be pushing it. Still, this is crazy. Anyone know their drachmas? Does the postage on Bruno's copy look right for airmail or surface?

Look at what UNDO is doing to me. I'm checking Greek postage rates.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 183 - 268
Pughie
March 1, 2018, 9:14pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
This Ian the postage from my CD,it was clearly posted at a UK post office on Friday 26th January it arrived the next day Saturday 27th

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 184 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 2, 2018, 6:06am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
They have some wield distribution network that appears Mute UK approved

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 185 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 2, 2018, 6:08am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
They have some wield distribution network that appears Mute UK approved

What gives you that idea? (Especially in light of their tweet).

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 186 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 2, 2018, 6:35am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

What gives you that idea? (Especially in light of their tweet).

A Google map search of UNdo UK office was like in some fish shop in London and the Greek office post stuff to the rest of the world

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 187 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 2, 2018, 6:39am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I meant the "appears Mute UK approved" bit.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 188 - 268
dynamobjornen
March 2, 2018, 11:26am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 20 hours 18 minutes
I got mine today here in Sweden. Sent from Greece.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 189 - 268
Danger
March 2, 2018, 12:20pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
It seems that they still have some extras copies 'cos I've received an email from them with a link to buy at max 2 copies for buyer...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 190 - 268
Pughie
March 2, 2018, 12:36pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger
It seems that they still have some extras copies 'cos I've received an email from them with a link to buy at max 2 copies for buyer...

Their website isn’t showing any for sale

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 191 - 268
Danger
March 2, 2018, 4:01pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

Their website isn’t showing any for sale

True but they write me this:
Quoted Text
As we promised you we have some copies remaining for sale of the Greek expanded edition with 6 exclusive remixes approved by Andy & Vince.

Limited to 500 copies

YOU CAN USE THE SECRET LINK BELOW

BE FAST AS THE COPIES WILL BE SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY

CD1-World Be Gone CD

1.Love You To The Sky   4:27

2.Be Careful What You Wish For!              3:21

3.World Be Gone             3:40

4.A Bitter Parting              3:13

5.Still, It's Not Over         4:03

6.Take Me Out Of Myself             4:34

7.Sweet Summer Loving               3:55

8.Oh What A World         4:16

9.Lousy Sum Of Nothing               4:13

10.Just A Little Love

01 Be Careful What You Wish For (Lacquer Remix)  5:52

03 Be Careful What You Wish For (Tareq Remix)  5:56

05 Be Careful What You Wish For (Fotonovela Remix)  4:38

06 Be Careful What You Wish For (Metroland's Mono-Poly Mix)  6:37

You can buy here

http://bit.ly/2ESVFIp

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 192 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 2, 2018, 4:06pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger

Jesus...

Uncle Mike was right again? (I'll never live that down)

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 193 - 268
celebrator
March 2, 2018, 6:22pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Given your proximity, I would hope you get yours today or tomorrow in light of Danish and German deliveries, but I don't expect anything. Good luck!

Nothing in Brussels (Belgium) today - let us hope for Monday...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 194 - 268
Pughie
March 2, 2018, 7:41pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Jesus...

Thankfully he has secured a copy

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 195 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 2, 2018, 8:17pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Mike did?!

New York is ON THE WAY TO FLORIDA!  

(at least for most mail coming from Europe)

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 196 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 3, 2018, 3:28am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Jesus...

Never doubt the gambler, they never press 500, there is always that " Oh, look we found another box with 300 inside that mysteriously was under some other box in our warehouse" St Erienne is the worst culprit of this, they must have the most disorganized warehouse ever.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 197 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 3, 2018, 4:54am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
St Erienne is the worst culprit of this, they must have the most disorganized warehouse ever.

You got that email too, eh?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 198 - 268
Pughie
March 3, 2018, 6:55am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

You got that email too, eh?

No we need to thank Danger for giving the link.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 199 - 268
devoleb
March 3, 2018, 9:31am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
how long does airmail for one CD take from Greece to Denmark or Germany? I'm almost wonder if five days might be the answer, and the "24" in the postmark on Bruno's copy is February.  

Quoted from devoleb

I did order a CD 22/2 from Attica, Pallini Greece and a 12" vinyl 26/2 from Athen Greece

They both have arrived here on my address in Denmark today (1/3)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 200 - 268
Danger
March 3, 2018, 11:24am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

Really quite lucky 'cos this email remained for one week in the spam folder... Anyway I tried to order... maybe for my birthday (1st August) I'll have the CD...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 201 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 3, 2018, 12:10pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

No, I was quoting Mike about St. Etienne. They sent out another email about "finding" more stuff.

Although thanks to Danger for the link as well!

Quoted from devoleb

They both have arrived here on my address in Denmark today (1/3)

Dear, oh dear. That does seem like the 24th might have been February, although UNDO says January.

Anyone who received theirs from Greece have a clear postmark saying January?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 202 - 268
devoleb
March 3, 2018, 3:06pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

That does seem like the 24th might have been February

Hmmm yeah maybe, but there could also have been some other problems sending out the stuff that we don't know of?!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 203 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 3, 2018, 7:06pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb

Hmmm yeah maybe, but there could also have been some other problems sending out the stuff that we don't know of?!

Ah, but you just narrowed down that possibility with your testimony.

If actually sent out (as airmail) at the end of January, it's less likely so many Europeans would only be getting them around now, wouldn't it?

The only other overarching issue that I can think of that might cause all shipments to be this delayed despite being posted in January, is the possibility of a customs issue that held them up from actually leaving Greece. However, if it's that, UNDO would have learned of it by now and ought to be telling us.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 204 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 3, 2018, 8:06pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 205 - 268
halloo9
March 4, 2018, 4:47pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
19 hours 36 minutes
Quoted Text
As we promised you we have some copies remaining for sale of the Greek expanded edition with 6 exclusive remixes approved by Andy & Vince.

Limited to 500 copies

YOU CAN USE THE SECRET LINK BELOW

BE FAST AS THE COPIES WILL BE SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY

CD1-World Be Gone CD

1.Love You To The Sky   4:27

2.Be Careful What You Wish For!              3:21

3.World Be Gone             3:40

4.A Bitter Parting              3:13

5.Still, It's Not Over         4:03

6.Take Me Out Of Myself             4:34

7.Sweet Summer Loving               3:55

8.Oh What A World         4:16

9.Lousy Sum Of Nothing               4:13

10.Just A Little Love

01 Be Careful What You Wish For (Lacquer Remix)  5:52

03 Be Careful What You Wish For (Tareq Remix)  5:56

05 Be Careful What You Wish For (Fotonovela Remix)  4:38

06 Be Careful What You Wish For (Metroland's Mono-Poly Mix)  6:37

You can buy here

http://bit.ly/2ESVFIp

Thx you so much, Danger! That's the best new for today (apart for getting ready for the Munich concert
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 206 - 268
devoleb
March 4, 2018, 8:01pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Ah, but you just narrowed down that possibility with your testimony.

Hehe.....don't know about that....I meant it could be that they have mailed out a first batch (to UK) to hide that not all items were produced for mailing out all in one time......I think the production time were delayed several times....just me thoughts  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 207 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 4, 2018, 8:15pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb

Hehe.....don't know about that....I meant it could be that they have mailed out a first batch (to UK) to hide that not all items were produced for mailing out all in one time......I think the production time were delayed several times....just me thoughts  

If you mean prior to that promised January 24th post date, then I'm with you, but since...well, then they have been even less honest if that's so.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 208 - 268
devoleb
March 4, 2018, 8:46pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

If you mean prior to that promised January 24th post date, then I'm with you, but since...well, then they have been even less honest if that's so.

Dunno what did happen in Greece but things are delayed and thats a fact.....They always deliver their stuff (often with delay though) but this time it's weird since some have received their items (UK fans) and some (the rest?) hasn't. And with all this unstructured messages and loads of missing info it's not looking very serious thought I know they are.

I might be more pissed off if the tracks were not available on youtube  

Due this I'll still buying from UNDO in the future  

....anyway I expect my copy to be here tomorrow or Tuesday (fingers crossed)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 209 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 4, 2018, 11:32pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb
And with all this unstructured messages and loads of missing info it's not looking very serious thought I know they are.

You seem to be giving them a benefit of the doubt that just isn't that justifiable when looking at their most recent conduct.

Oh, I understand you're factoring in prior experiences, which haven't been great either, but everyone agrees this is much worse. The initial claims of delay due to the printer were ones some didn't accept, but I was willing to. It was after they had acknowledged that issue, and THEN shifted the blame to the postal system that made me waver in my faith in them. Then not fulfilling shipments in the timeframe they gave...that eroded what left there was. I think I've been rather fair in my judgement up to that point.

What is most egregious, is their second sale (one that didn't come unexpectedly to some) that wasn't postponed until the majority had received their copies, and done "on the sly" as if almost not to attract the attention of the already dissatisfied customers...if not Mute as well. That was very much the twist to the knife already in our collective backs.

Quoted from devoleb
Due this I'll still buying from UNDO in the future  

I have to say, I wouldn't be making such a statement in your position; not knowing how many are still left without. I'd have waited.

Quoted from devoleb
....anyway I expect my copy to be here tomorrow or Tuesday (fingers crossed)

While I'm not certain you understand how so many feel right now, I wouldn't wish our misfortune on you. I do hope you get your copy as soon as possible.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 210 - 268
devoleb
March 5, 2018, 7:48am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

I have to say, I wouldn't be making such a statement in your position

Well I have to, since I collect 'Marsheaux' stuff, and thats always via UNDO  

...anyway Tin, we have the same thoughts mostly, and what will be very interesting is if Mute will cooperate next time with UNDO

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 211 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 5, 2018, 8:06am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb
Well I have to, since I collect 'Marsheaux' stuff, and thats always via UNDO  

Oh, having to deal with them is something I could understand when speaking of Marsheaux. I didn't want to deal with Pledge for WBG, but they had an exclusive on the Ultimate Bundle, and I was forced to. Your response with a smilie almost looked like an endorsement, though.

Quoted from devoleb
...anyway Tin, we have the same thoughts mostly, and what will be very interesting is if Mute will cooperate next time with UNDO

Agreed.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 212 - 268
devoleb
March 5, 2018, 8:04pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Got the Greek Erasure lot too now....finally.... I ought to say  

Maybe said before, but weird they've made a seperate cardsleeve for the remix disc with the album tracklist printed on the back and then just added the normal EU version CD album sealed so you have two items.....it really looks like something were gone totally wrong when they have produced this set....looks like a shortcut way of doing this....anyway it's nice to finally have the piece

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 213 - 268
Pughie
March 5, 2018, 8:23pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from devoleb
Got the Greek Erasure lot too now....finally.... I ought to say  

Maybe said before, but weird they've made a seperate cardsleeve for the remix disc with the album tracklist printed on the back and then just added the normal EU version CD album sealed so you have two items.....it really looks like something were gone totally wrong when they have produced this set....looks like a shortcut way of doing this....anyway it's nice to finally have the piece

That’s what I said,a great package badly done.
They could’ve added a 2nd CD holder and slid the booklet from album
Into card sleeve job done,but no (we could slide the cd and booklet into the front cover if we wanted and throw the album cover I’ve not tried it though so can’t guarantee that would work)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 214 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 6, 2018, 2:23am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Congrats on your ordeal being over.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 215 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 6, 2018, 3:22am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Let's see how long for CD to America

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 216 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 6, 2018, 5:19am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Ah, you don't have yours yet. At least we can commiserate.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 217 - 268
MikeyC
March 6, 2018, 12:56pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
A friend of mine here in NYC received his copy yesterday!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 218 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 6, 2018, 4:05pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
How long was his flight? Did he bring back any Spanakopita? I love Spanakopita...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 219 - 268
celebrator
March 6, 2018, 6:37pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Ha, still nothing in Brussels either - commiserate we can do!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 220 - 268
MikeyC
March 7, 2018, 12:11am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
How long was his flight? Did he bring back any Spanakopita? I love Spanakopita...

He said he arrived at work and the package was on his desk!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 221 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 7, 2018, 12:20am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Wonder if being a biz address made a difference? Although, probably not in this case.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 222 - 268
Danger
March 7, 2018, 3:38pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from celebrator
Ha, still nothing in Brussels either - commiserate we can do!!

But already arrived to me in Italy... only 1 week from the order...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 223 - 268
celebrator
March 7, 2018, 9:33pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger

Happy for you!!

So you ordered through the new link they provided?

I ordered on 22nd November, so I did not see the point in ordering and paying a second time...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 224 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 7, 2018, 9:55pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger

Quoted from celebrator
So you ordered through the new link they provided?

Danger, is that so?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 225 - 268
celebrator
March 8, 2018, 6:59pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
.. I finally got it today!!!

2 odd things though:
- one can't see a clear stamp, so no date on it - so they must have used very cheap ink..
- the design is strange, i think they messed it up a bit (and then decided to just add the standard WBG cd version package).

In the end, I'm happy, but I would not mind working for them to give them good design advice and clear communication instructions

I hope that all of those that follow this thread get theirs soon too!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 226 - 268
Danger
March 9, 2018, 5:39pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Danger, is that so?

Yes, I bought it from the "secret link" and had it in 7 days

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 227 - 268
easternize
March 10, 2018, 1:06am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
arrived in USA today
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 228 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 10, 2018, 1:43am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
It seems those that got the secret link are getting them really quick

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 229 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 10, 2018, 12:00pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
You don't say?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 230 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 10, 2018, 1:12pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I'm starting to feel singled out now.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 231 - 268
Islanderab
March 10, 2018, 10:45pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 days 18 hours 25 minutes
Just got mine delivered to NY today.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 232 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 11, 2018, 1:52am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Ordered last week, in today from Greece

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 233 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 11, 2018, 7:00am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Yes...feeling singled out.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 234 - 268
Pughie
March 11, 2018, 12:27pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Ordered last week, in today from Greece

So how come all these US fans are mainly still waiting yet an order placed last week using the secret link and it takes one week to arrive!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 235 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 11, 2018, 2:35pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
This whole process has been one big let down for a good Majority. mute should really look into this whole fiasco

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 236 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 11, 2018, 8:59pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Just heard from another fellow New Yorker (a Long Islander) that they got theirs yesterday.

Well, we know I'm not getting mine today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 237 - 268
Danger
March 11, 2018, 10:10pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
It's quite stranger that people that ordered the CD before Xmas is still waiting while someone like me received in 7 days... Next time with Undo better to wait for the secret link...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 238 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 11, 2018, 11:26pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger
It's quite stranger that people that ordered the CD before Xmas is still waiting while someone like me received in 7 days... Next time with Undo better to wait for the secret link...

So, if I understand you correctly, next time we all ought to wait for a "secret sale" of excess stock of a title that supposedly wouldn't have been produced but for pre-orders.

I think I might mention you to Jonny. You have a future in writing science fiction.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 239 - 268
skery
March 12, 2018, 4:38pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 days 21 hours 56 minutes
I got mine this weekend in California.  I never got any shipping email I ever saw.  

This release is really strange....  A cd single wrapped in a WBG slip case with a standard cd release thrown in for good measure, though it doesn't go in the slip case. The packaging of the CD single seems nice enough, but the cd art itself, looks wrong.  It's all variations on puke yellow, completely illegible.  I can't imagine it was designed this way.  I haven't listened to it yet, not even sure I will, as I"m so disappointed in the way this whole thing was done.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 240 - 268
Pughie
March 12, 2018, 6:44pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Ordered a week ago (2nd March arrived 12th March) from secret link arrived today from Greece

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 241 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 12, 2018, 9:22pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Yup same stamps used for me. I look at this more like the missing 4th CD single and a seperate WBG Cd

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 242 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 13, 2018, 1:46am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
...and still not a clear postmark. Really, we could say they were all sent in February and they've outright lied about when they shipped them. Please. We have PROOF in this thread of a one-week receipt after ordering.

I don't know how anyone can trust them again; I certainly won't. If by some miracle they can still release Mute-licensed exclusive editions, and there's something of value to them in content, I will seek them out by any other source; even if it takes longer to obtain at a similar price.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 243 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 13, 2018, 1:54am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Alright, my suffering is over. Well, no, that would be too positive an outcome. It just can't be immaculate; can it?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 244 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 13, 2018, 2:57am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I was a bit taken aback at the little protection the put this in. oversized bubble envelope over little protection to mail system

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 245 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 13, 2018, 3:07am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Stunning lack of care. My package was so large you could see it had been folded in half at one (or several) point(s) along the way.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 246 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 13, 2018, 3:27am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Only adds insult to injury. Undo really undid themselves on this project. It will be really tough to gain faith with them again.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 247 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 13, 2018, 4:15am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Only adds insult to injury. Undo really undid themselves on this project. It will be really tough to gain faith with them again.

You seem to be keeping the door open more than I am.

Truly, I would hate if them losing their license meant NO other label would try to commission such projects. I actually like the mixes here too. Believe me when I say I stopped and considered every time I have vented my spleen over this. The concept, and quality of content is wonderful. It's the manufacture and fulfillment that is atrocious; so much so, it ends up outweighing what is good about these projects.

Wanting it to turn out well is what had me being an early victim here in this thread. I willingly threw myself into the volcano without much prodding, and despite the track record of their TVF fulfillment and tactics. I wanted to support a project of this type, and wanted to believe what was wrong before was a fluke. It's not. It was an aperitif to fiasco.

Look, I'm glad we did have the German and Japanese 2 disc sets, but there wasn't anything added to those not available elsewhere, and neither regional label commissioned new remixes. That UNDO did that was why this ought to have been special, but they failed to deliver on all the work put into it, and twisted the knife further by declining to address it as long as they did, and still not honestly.

To gain faith with me, means falling on their sword and admitting to all which we already know, and offering something beyond just trying to get it right next time. I don't expect that, so I expect this was my last purchase from them.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 248 - 268
Danger
March 13, 2018, 9:45am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

So, if I understand you correctly, next time we all ought to wait for a "secret sale" of excess stock of a title that supposedly wouldn't have been produced but for pre-orders.

I think I might mention you to Jonny. You have a future in writing science fiction.

As said by someone else some posts before... Undo always finds some extra stocks in its warehouse and this time the last to buy the CD have received it more quickly, so...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 249 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 13, 2018, 10:00am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger

As said by someone else some posts before... Undo always finds some extra stocks in its warehouse and this time the last to buy the CD have received it more quickly, so...

Yes, but if we ALL waited for that...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 250 - 268
Mikedepaz
March 13, 2018, 12:38pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
They should have never committed to date if they did not start production on them. It would have prevented this fiasco

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 251 - 268
celebrator
March 13, 2018, 4:48pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Alright, my suffering is over. Well, no, that would be too positive an outcome. It just can't be immaculate; can it?

Glad you finally got it!
Indeed, same too large enveloppe and stamps here - It's a miracle I got it without any bruises!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 252 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 13, 2018, 8:31pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
No FRAGILE nor HANDLE WITH CARE label either. I mean, you can even write that with a marker if you didn't have a label. They didn't give even one damn about what we got, did they?

I wonder how many others have received damaged copies now.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 253 - 268
Tin Soldier
March 13, 2018, 8:42pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Oh boy...just noticed UNDO lied (again) and sent the item as a GIFT. Now, you see that a lot with cheap junk trinkets coming from China sometimes, as they know they can get away with it, but this was a mass mailing of a Mute-licensed album from Erasure, and UNDO is literally breaking the law doing it. Stunning.

Everyone go look at their customs label to make sure this is no fluke.

Here's mine, and, in contrast, the Mute WB bundle from Lexer. HONEST. REPUTABLE. LEXER MUSIC.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 254 - 268
Pughie
April 2, 2018, 6:28pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Link still works if you need a copy (funny that eh?)

http://www.undorecords.com/secretlink.html

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 255 - 268
Tin Soldier
April 2, 2018, 8:47pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Oh, you mean a 'gift'?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 256 - 268
Mikedepaz
April 3, 2018, 1:03am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
So much for Limited

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 257 - 268
Tin Soldier
April 3, 2018, 5:46am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I wonder if those will be received before my replacement slipcase.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 258 - 268
Mikedepaz
April 3, 2018, 12:41pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
The Greek postal system seems to be working better now

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 259 - 268
Tin Soldier
April 3, 2018, 1:42pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
You forgot the quote marks.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 260 - 268
Mikedepaz
April 4, 2018, 12:16am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
You forgot the quote marks.

In regards to?

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 261 - 268
Tin Soldier
April 4, 2018, 12:40am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
The scapegoat that is the "Greek Postal System".  

Greek scapegoat...mmm, I wonder if the feta tastes the same.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 262 - 268
Mikedepaz
April 4, 2018, 2:18am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Well I don't trust anything sent to and mailed from Greece. They are a very shady operation

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 263 - 268
Tin Soldier
April 4, 2018, 2:37am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
You're impugning the whole country? I wasn't going to go that far.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 264 - 268
Mikedepaz
April 4, 2018, 4:56am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
In 35 years of dealing with many postal services around the world ( in developed countries )- Greece is by far the worse in the world.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 265 - 268
Tin Soldier
April 4, 2018, 5:34am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
In 35 years of dealing with many postal services around the world ( in developed countries )- Greece is by far the worse in the world.

Given the entirety of this thread though, they are not the primary cause of our woes.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 266 - 268
glazball
April 4, 2018, 2:05pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I think it's great Pughie shared the "secret link" to order a copy, but I still have a hard time stomaching that price tag (26 Euros = 31 USD) for, basically, a single.  Though I want it, I just can't do it.

I'm also a bit put off by Undo's marketing strategy here, which just tries to driving up demand by making it seem more limited than it is.

First it was: "limited to XXX copies - preorder now"
Then: "ok we've got some more, here's a secret link" when some like Tin Soldier still hadn't received their preorders
Now: "ok now only a few left, here's another secret link, limit 2 per person!"

In the end, I do like the fact that people who originally missed out could get a copy later, but the whole project really rubs me the wrong way.  BCWYWF! should have just been a regular single.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 267 - 268
Mikedepaz
April 4, 2018, 11:02pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Yes one single. The album in fact looked like just a stand alone album anyways. I was one that missed out and managed toget a copy on the link and get it one week later. I always knew this was never going to be a limited pressing with Undo track record.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 268 - 268
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    World Be Gone (2017)  ›  World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread