Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    World Be Gone (2017)  ›  World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)  This thread currently has 17,946 views. Print
19 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » All Recommend Thread
Gareth Pugh
November 21, 2017, 3:58pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 19 hours 49 minutes
[quote=1990

For WBG, a EP is a tad more risky than the retro reissue, but I'd love to see that too.
[/quote]

I know what you mean; they chanced it for The Violet Flame so fingers crossed they might be brave again.

Adding to your point, I’ve always been amazed no Depeche Mode RSD release ever, so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 15 - 272
dynamobjornen
November 21, 2017, 6:44pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 6 hours 26 minutes
Only bought the vinyl upon release so this i dont want to miss, ordered!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 16 - 272
Gareth Pugh
November 22, 2017, 10:32am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Be quick if you want one - just had a second mail shot saying only 50 (of the 500 run) left.

It will be interesting to see how they raise the existence of this edition in this Friday’s weekly EIS newsletter if it’s already no longer available - that might mean Richard would give clues to whether the mixes are planned to be made available by other means later (or not)?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 17 - 272
Tin Soldier
November 22, 2017, 11:20am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 18 hours 42 minutes
Actually, I kind of hope this might spur Mute to change their mind and actually release this as a single. Let's be honest, we don't HAVE to hold to the three logos on the box meaning only three singles CAN exist. We know one (or even two) more will fit in it. Mute can always throw in a little sticker to add the single logo to the box with the rest for the anoraks, you know (Talking to Mute here as such a person).  

Of course, some of us who bought this might be irked if they do release a 4th CD5", but I never would be. Like hell would I EVER bemoan the fact MORE Erasure was released (unlike those who whinged their "rarities" would lose value when the EBX sets came out).

It would be rough for Richard if it's sold out well before the next newsletter, but worse if the tracks aren't released since it's seems obvious this was a slated 4th release that didn't happen.

LEARN FROM PHANTOM BRIDE!  

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 18 - 272
glazball
November 22, 2017, 4:23pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 2 hours 47 minutes
At 20 Euros, they can keep it.  I really love Be Careful and *really* want the mixes, but I'm not buying the album again.  I guess it's mainly fatigue, but I also don't want to reward Mute for holding these mixes back.  Plus, I know as soon as I place my order that it will be announced as the next single.

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 19 - 272
Pughie
November 22, 2017, 4:36pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 17 hours 51 minutes
I think this is exactly what happened last time the link went out before it was announced by EIS

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 20 - 272
kwerty
November 22, 2017, 4:52pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 17 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Actually, I kind of hope this might spur Mute to change their mind and actually release this as a single.

This expanded edition has been promoted as featuring 6 exclusive remixes.

If as soon as they've sold out of the sets they then go and announce that they're going to release them all as a single, they will no longer be exclusive.

To do so would possibly render the claim of exclusivity to be false advertising.

I certainly would demand my money back.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 21 - 272
mr first
November 22, 2017, 5:01pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 22 hours 13 minutes
Well correct me if I'm wrong but to commission 6 remixers and only make 500 available mute are either paying them peanuts making a loss or they will make be careful remixes available at a later date either on physical format or download
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 22 - 272
glazball
November 22, 2017, 5:12pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 2 hours 47 minutes
Sure, the mixes can be exclusive now but that means really little moving forward.

I feel pretty certain they'll be available elsewhere in the future, even if just as digital downloads.

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 23 - 272
mr first
November 22, 2017, 5:32pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 22 hours 13 minutes
To be honest and I'm not trying so be negative but to pay 20 euros(roughly 17 British pounds)for a CD single cos I have the album already,I'm pissed off with being ripped off after the fiasco of m2 mars last xmas and after mute had said earlier in the year about not fleecing the fans with extra tidbits with the world be gone album they go and do this ,erasure have one of the most loyal and dedicated fanbase around and I think mute sometimes take advantage of it
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 24 - 272
Pughie
November 22, 2017, 5:47pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 17 hours 51 minutes

At this rate they will be sold out before Richard announces it in fridays EIS update

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 25 - 272
devoleb
November 22, 2017, 10:50pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
24 days 21 hours 28 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Are we 100% sure that this isn't the 4th CD single just coming out in this first?

The people behind this item are more or less the same as for the Violet Flame Greek 2 x CD edition and it's not just a forthcoming 4th single but a special Greek release. So don't count on any of these remixes on any 4th single....just saying  

My 'Here I Go Impossible' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56CSYAG8aw
My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
My 'I Lose Myself' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVtrcNpw94
My 'When A Lover Leaves You' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkYC6_en-E
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 26 - 272
easternize
November 22, 2017, 11:32pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
13 days 2 hours 59 minutes
i would highly doubt that these mixes will be released again--i would say buy NOW if not sold out already
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 27 - 272
Tin Soldier
November 23, 2017, 3:25am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 18 hours 42 minutes
Quoted from kwerty

This expanded edition has been promoted as featuring 6 exclusive remixes.

If as soon as they've sold out of the sets they then go and announce that they're going to release them all as a single, they will no longer be exclusive.

To do so would possibly render the claim of exclusivity to be false advertising.

I certainly would demand my money back.

I disagree wholeheartedly. There are many an example of "Limited Edition" releases subsequently released as part of later releases or in different formats on different regional labels. This was what I was getting at with citing the loathesome stance of some to the EBX sets way back when. They made quite a similar argument.

You really can't hold Mute to what a licensee claims or does. Did everyone march on Mute when Alfa released extended releases? What about when Intercord did color vinyl? Plus any implied or stated exclusivity of content was, again, made void by the EBX boxes, so did you want your money back for your Heavenly Action L12" after EBX came out?

Truly, I get how it can be annoying to some if we are to see the 4th single go forward, but I really do think it would be because of how well this did, rather than have been planned this way (at least I hope so). The news of the fourth single would have been known by now if it had been planned ahead.

I just don't feel as sore as you do, or would, right now, since I bought with this possibility in mind. Plus, we're getting a rainbow. Are you saying you wouldn't buy this for that alone???

Quoted from devoleb
The people behind this item are more or less the same as for the Violet Flame Greek 2 x CD edition and it's not just a forthcoming 4th single but a special Greek release. So don't count on any of these remixes on any 4th single....just saying  

Outside of Marsheaux, the tracklist doesn't look at all to so Greek-specific that I think it was always meant solely for this release. No, I think they released what was comissioned for that 4th single, and maybe had Marsheaux sweeten the pot if they weren't on board to begin with.

Quoted from mr first
Well correct me if I'm wrong but to commission 6 remixers and only make 500 available mute are either paying them peanuts making a loss or they will make be careful remixes available at a later date either on physical format or download

Agreed. I think these mixes were "in the can" already.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 28 - 272
Gareth Pugh
November 23, 2017, 9:49am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

I disagree wholeheartedly. There are many an example of "Limited Edition" releases subsequently released as part of later releases or in different formats on different regional labels.

That’s my view too. These days I tend to view the offer of ‘exclusive’ tracks as a promise that these mixes etc are only available this way *for the time being* at the time of release - not as a ‘promise forward’ that they will not be made available again via other means, even quite soon. Look at OMD’s imminent ‘wash-up’ B-Sides and Bonus Tracks’ CD due in December. I bought the 3 x 12” singles bundle for this album for the sake of nice items for the collection but I didn’t think the B-side tracks wouldn’t soon be compiled in another format: they did the same bit of tidying at the end of the campaign for the last 2 albums as well. And I don’t mind, just as I won’t mind if BCWYWF does become a 4th single in the new year for the tour (not sure we will see a 4th, but a ‘Tour Edition’ of the WBG or a Record
Store 2018 mixes EP are 2 developments that I wouldn’t be surprised by if they happened).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 29 - 272
19 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    World Be Gone (2017)  ›  World Be Gone (2CD Greek Edition)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread