Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
EBX1 & EBX2 Digital Singles "Boxsets"
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  EBX1 & EBX2 Digital Singles "Boxsets"
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

EBX1 & EBX2 Digital Singles "Boxsets"  This thread currently has 2,349 views. Print
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Tin Soldier
November 6, 2017, 6:50am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
Ah, missed that he's back there again. I didn't go to the last one he did, in part, because it was an acoustic gig and I knew he had panned on a band gig again in the city the same year.

Did you go to the last? How was it?

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 15 - 25
MikeyC
November 6, 2017, 12:53pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Ah, missed that he's back there again. I didn't go to the last one he did, in part, because it was an acoustic gig and I knew he had panned on a band gig again in the city the same year.

Did you go to the last? How was it?

I haven't been to one of the City Winery shows but I did see Howard in an acoustic setting at a French Institute in midtown around 2008/2009. Very enjoyable although I do prefer his full electronic shows!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 16 - 25
Tin Soldier
November 7, 2017, 12:10am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Hmm, might go to this. Does he do Specialty acoustically?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 17 - 25
gabila100
November 7, 2017, 3:08pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 22 hours 49 minutes
I think the momentum was lost in terms of releasing EBX 5, 6 etc.  All of the songs and remixes are widely available on any platform.

Of course collector fans will buy the boxes if they will ever get released but I don't see a casual fan buying any future EBX collection.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 18 - 25
glazball
November 7, 2017, 5:16pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 23 hours 19 minutes
My thinking with further EBX sets is that it may be hard to fit every single's mixes onto 1 disc each.  I know the Enjoy the Silence disc in the DMBX set had at least 1 mix edited (Hands & Feet Mix I think).  Technically that's a new edit, and we know how OCD some of us are about collecting every version!

I agree the momentum is gone.  Furthermore, we US fans were generally lucky in that most singles included all the b-sides and mixes on 1 disc (for example, Solsbury Hill or Don't Say You Love Me).  In fact, I didn't buy EBX4 for a long time because I already had everything included on CD already (only EBX 1-3 had material that was previously vinyl only).  However, momentum could be built up again.  The cynic in me believes that Mute have already planned these out, along with further Deluxe Edition albums, and are just sitting on them.

Even though I may have every track on CD already, I wouldn't hesitate to buy further EBX sets.  Crowdfund it through Pledge or whatever, but let's see these continue.

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 19 - 25
MikeyC
November 8, 2017, 12:26am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Hmm, might go to this. Does he do Specialty acoustically?

I'm not sure of the Acoustic/Piano show set-list but he always throws one or two extra special gems in there!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 20 - 25
Tin Soldier
November 8, 2017, 11:23pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from gabila100
I think the momentum was lost in terms of releasing EBX 5, 6 etc.  All of the songs and remixes are widely available on any platform.

That precludes nothing, as not only were the new singles issued on CD, there was even a box issued to hold them, forget about the album still being released on CD, vinyl...and cassette.
Quoted from gabila100
Of course collector fans will buy the boxes if they will ever get released but I don't see a casual fan buying any future EBX collection.  

I don't think "casual" fans bought the originals either.
Quoted from glazball
My thinking with further EBX sets is that it may be hard to fit every single's mixes onto 1 disc each.  I know the Enjoy the Silence disc in the DMBX set had at least 1 mix edited (Hands & Feet Mix I think).  Technically that's a new edit, and we know how OCD some of us are about collecting every version!

Agreed. That should not have happened. Issuing LCD and XLCD issues/reissues were feasible. I wouldn't have cared if one box had been a tad bigger than the rest.

Incidentally, I heard tell of some Mute UK promo box that combined all DMBX sets in a large mirror-topped box with all the DM logos etched into it. Anyone else heard of this? It never made Discogs, for sure.
Quoted from glazball
I agree the momentum is gone.  Furthermore, we US fans were generally lucky in that most singles included all the b-sides and mixes on 1 disc (for example, Solsbury Hill or Don't Say You Love Me).  In fact, I didn't buy EBX4 for a long time because I already had everything included on CD already (only EBX 1-3 had material that was previously vinyl only).  However, momentum could be built up again.  The cynic in me believes that Mute have already planned these out, along with further Deluxe Edition albums, and are just sitting on them.

Even though I may have every track on CD already, I wouldn't hesitate to buy further EBX sets.  Crowdfund it through Pledge or whatever, but let's see these continue.

Yep. I also agree that Mute probably had planned the later EBX sets out, but, as I said earlier, I'm not a proponent of continuing "as-is" in the same vein. Still, I'd sooner have that than nothing at all.

As for collections of the tracks/mixes unto themselves outside of the "singles reissue" format, I remain an advocate of the "time capsule" album box set containing everything issued at the time of, or connected to the album in question (including all the merch reissued). That's a pledge I'd beg, borrow, or steal to get onboard with.  
Quoted from MikeyC
I'm not sure of the Acoustic/Piano show set-list but he always throws one or two extra special gems in there!!  

I assumed at least that, but I know set lists seem to pour out rather than leak out when it comes to his gigs. Just wondered if he was doing that one specifically. I'd come see him on s subway platform if he did.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 21 - 25
MikeyC
November 8, 2017, 11:54pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

I assumed at least that, but I know set lists seem to pour out rather than leak out when it comes to his gigs. Just wondered if he was doing that one specifically. I'd come see him on s subway platform if he did.

Here's the set-list for his most recent show, last week, albeit it's his full electronic show:

Like to Get to Know You Well

Conditioning

Pearl in the Shell

Look Mama

The Prisoner

Everlasting Love

Eagle Will Fly Again

Joy

You Know I Love You, Don't You?

No One Is to Blame

Equality

Hide and Seek

The Human Touch

Life in One Day

What Is Love?

New Song

Things Can Only Get Better

Things Can Only Get Better (Reprise)
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 22 - 25
Stewj
November 28, 2017, 2:08pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 minutes
EBX I meant.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 23 - 25
Tin Soldier
November 28, 2017, 3:00pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
You can edit and even delete your own posts here you know.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 24 - 25
AIRAZUR
November 29, 2017, 11:31pm Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
52 days 5 hours 28 minutes
Quoted from gabila100

Such a singles box has never been a "casual fan thing", in my opinion. So, I think new boxes 5 & 6 wouldn't sell much less than they would have 20 years ago....

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 25 - 25
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  EBX1 & EBX2 Digital Singles "Boxsets"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread