Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Future classic album re-issues
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  Future classic album re-issues
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Future classic album re-issues  This thread currently has 2,170 views. Print
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Gareth Pugh
June 19, 2017, 7:21pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 22 hours 27 minutes
Pink Floyd came in for a lot of piss taking from fans for pointless memorabilia in their 3 'Experience Edition' boxsets (scarves, *cough* marbles!!) and I have some sympathy with that. A decent coffee table book with plenty of artwork, even work in progress concept art/drafts if any still exist - yes please. (I had hoped FMTM would take that approach when early news first leaked a year or so before it finally saw release).

Stickers, flexi discs - not so much.  Swatch design is really nice, though.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 15 - 17
Tin Soldier
June 20, 2017, 12:46am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
Trust me, properly remastered albums are a key desire of mine, and I actually felt it went without saying such a new recording ought to be featured in the set(s). I apologize for not explicitly citing it (though I can see how the want of a picture disc might irk an audiophile, hence that 180g transparent brown vinyl). However, you don't need me to tell you, when it comes to reissues, boxsets are the "thing" when there's a market for it. If you want a successful one...well, this is pretty much the way to go (mostly). Inclusion of paper goods alone doesn't carry as much weight...literally, and figuratively.

On the other hand, we couldn't more opposed when it comes to forcing a "uniformity" of format upon reissues that didn't originally exist among the albums themselves. That kind of diminishment is criminal in my eyes and ears. It's what detracted most from the PSB reissues (though I still enjoyed the contents). At the very least, a reissue ought to recreate the original in every way but those that can be improved upon (yes, mainly mastering). What I envisioned above, with a little humor thrown in, is really in keeping with a particular album taken to the extreme. We are Erasure fans, and we love these albums. I can tell you that I would buy the above release for the fact it would be no half-measure in being the definitive edition of the album, and the era in which it was released.

To take each album and sand down the edges to fit some idea of "standard" is akin, artistically, to the brickwalling of the audio itself.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 16 - 17
Gareth Pugh
June 21, 2017, 7:52am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 22 hours 27 minutes
A thought occurs to me here - I wonder if this is where that out-of-nowhere Lee Monteverde mix of 2000 Miles maybe comes from - readying bonus content for an expanded Wild! reissue perhaps?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  Future classic album re-issues

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread