Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Future classic album re-issues
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  Future classic album re-issues
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Future classic album re-issues  This thread currently has 734 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
June 14, 2017, 10:00am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
144 days 4 hours 8 minutes
Now this is interesting a FB post from Manhattan Clique mentioning a remix for a future classic album re-issue

Not only have Manhattan Clique just remixed one of our favourite tracks from the absolutely corking new Erasure album, but we've also engineered a remix of another track from  World Be Gone for SOFT CELL and The Grid legend David Ball.  AND we are remixing another track from one of the upcoming classic Erasure album re-issues.  We're sure Richard Eis will let the cat out of the bag with more details soon... Andy Bell Vince Clarke

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
kwerty
June 14, 2017, 1:47pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 22 hours 43 minutes
Interesting! I can only imagine it would be either 'Wild!' or 'Chorus' at this stage.

Wonderland, The Circus and The Innocents have been reissued and remastered already so it would be a bit exploitative to do any of them again just yet I think.

'I Say, I Say, I Say' could be in with a chance as well I suppose. It was a number one album after-all. But I'd say it's more likely to be 'Wild!' or 'Chorus'

Or maybe both at the same time! Or all three!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 17
Pughie
June 14, 2017, 2:17pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
144 days 4 hours 8 minutes
Updated re-edit of original MHC post-read into it what you will -

Not only have Manhattan Clique just remixed one of our favourite tracks from the absolutely corking new Erasure album, but we've also engineered a remix of another track from  World Be Gone for SOFT CELL and The Grid legend David Ball.  AND some other stuff coming as well.  We're sure Richard Eis will let the cat out of the bag with more details soon... Andy Bell Vince Clarke Mute Records

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 17
mr first
June 14, 2017, 2:40pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 19 hours 28 minutes
Quoted from kwerty
Interesting! I can only imagine it would be either 'Wild!' or 'Chorus' at this stage.

Wonderland, The Circus and The Innocents have been reissued and remastered already so it would be a bit exploitative to do any of them again just yet I think.

'I Say, I Say, I Say' could be in with a chance as well I suppose. It was a number one album after-all. But I'd say it's more likely to be 'Wild!' or 'Chorus'

Or maybe both at the same time! Or all three!

I say x 3 with the tiny tour on DVD would be nice,even nice would be cowboy reissue with the cowboy concerts on dvd
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 17
glazball
June 14, 2017, 6:35pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 16 hours 48 minutes
Very interesting and very exciting!  Please V&A and Mute, don't let us fans down!

@mr first - Tiny Tour DVD should rightfully be bundled with self-titled Erasure.  I don't know what bonus material I Say would get, but fingers & thumbs crossed that they'll work some magic and give us something from deep within the vaults.

glazball's music collection
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 4 - 17
ben
June 14, 2017, 7:01pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
17 days 54 minutes
Quoted from glazball
Very interesting and very exciting!  Please V&A and Mute, don't let us fans down!

@mr first - Tiny Tour DVD should rightfully be bundled with self-titled Erasure.  I don't know what bonus material I Say would get, but fingers & thumbs crossed that they'll work some magic and give us something from deep within the vaults.

Tiny Tour could also be bundled with Cowboy as it featured In My Arms and was really just a warm up to the Cowboy era, but it certainly has more Erasure (album) songs on it.
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 5 - 17
mr first
June 14, 2017, 7:17pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 19 hours 28 minutes
Quoted from glazball

Yes I know I realized after I commented,it would probably have to be some bbc performances or an interview
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 17
dcd747
June 14, 2017, 8:02pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
51 minutes
I don't know how much we'll get in terms of BBC stuff anymore.  Although we did get the radio sessions on Wonderland and The Circus...  The boat was really missed on some opportunities, I think, when Mute was still owned by EMI.  If I'm not mistaken, EMI had gained the rights to use the BBC archives, which is why we saw all the Top of the Pops performances, a bit of the Yazoo BBC recordings, the Mute boxed set, etc.  It may not be as financially viable to do those things anymore, but hopefully, I'm pleasantly proven wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 17
Tin Soldier
June 17, 2017, 8:19am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 20 hours 44 minutes
Quoted from kwerty

Tell that to PSB.  

I'm still vainly hoping for proper "Time Capsule" boxsets for all the past albums, not just some book version like Innocents 21. No, give me a box like FMTM (which if anyone hasn't noticed, is the third boxset of that type for Erasure) for each with LP/CD/MC/BD (DVD, if "cheap"), maybe some pic disc singles, reissue tour merch from the era, etc.

Essentially, the polar opposite from the concept of the EBX singles. Don't have it conform to some new format, let the album and the theme dictate what it is.

With that in mind, an ISISIS set needs to have an expansion on the pop-up pack idea.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 8 - 17
AIRAZUR
June 17, 2017, 9:35am Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
32 days 11 hours 11 minutes
Quoted from kwerty

You're right.
Meanwhile, the 2009 Deluxe edition of "The Innocents" has become very rare and can only be found at very inflated prices (from 150€ for a used one on Amazon !!). I think it would be opportune to reprint it, would'nt it be ?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 17
Tin Soldier
June 17, 2017, 10:05am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from AIRAZUR
You're right.

Disagreed. PSB as an aside, if they are still doing those reissued Further Listening releases, then there's likely money in it. It may be exploitative as kwerty says, but when did that stop anything?  At least I have a better format idea.

Quoted from AIRAZUR
Meanwhile, the 2009 Deluxe edition of "The Innocents" has become very rare and can only be found at very inflated prices (from 150€ for a used one on Amazon !!). I think it would be opportune to reprint it, would'nt it be ?

Nah, personal taste, but I disliked the book format of that, Total Pop!, etc. For an album considered by many casual fans as THE "definitive" Erasure album, it needs all the whistles and bells it deserves. It's the one I think most of as an example of the best time capsule. CDs had caught on, while vinyl and cassettes were still popular. Shaped picture discs of singles were common, and all the tour merch types had come into their own - like pins, shirts, scarves, hats (Well, Wild! may have had the first). It was the age of stickers on Trapper Keepers and band posters above beds.

Really, Innocents ought to have something truly special. Far more than the 21st Anniversary Edition was.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 10 - 17
gjkendall
June 18, 2017, 4:36pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 13 hours 18 minutes
I'd like to see all the Albums reissued with uniform packaging. A similar set up to the rather good Further Listening series from the Peter Shop Boys would be perfect.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 17
Tin Soldier
June 18, 2017, 11:33pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from gjkendall
I'd like to see all the Albums reissued with uniform packaging. A similar set up to the rather good Further Listening series from the Peter Shop Boys would be perfect.

For the reasons I gave, I think that would be boring to many.

While I still love the PSB Further Listening series for what they contained, artistically, they took pains to take square pegs and fit them into a round hole. The art and packaging detracted from the original artistic ideas.

I don't want to look back on a different era through a modern lens, and I think I'm speaking for many when I ask that a reissue box set to be something that would have been expected at the time of the original release. "Uniformity" is the antithesis of that.

In fact, I find it a selling point that each be as unique as possible in adherence to the original art and theme of each album.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 12 - 17
Tin Soldier
June 19, 2017, 2:41am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Just starting chronologically with an idea of what I'd love to buy...and probably carry on my credit card for a while. Mute, let's not do all these at once. I have rent to pay.

Wonderland:
  • 12.5"x12.5"x5" album art box w/ embossed Erasure logo, and embossed title (maybe embossed figures as well) (Might as well offset the embossed bits as glossy, and the rest matte - Uncle Mike will love that)
  • 3/2xLP Gatefold/Trifold including album as a picture disc or 180g transparent brown vinyl, and additional discs in transparent eggcream, transparent dark red. (Primary album colors)
  • 6x12" (Yes, this will be heavy!) of original reg/ltd WNLLT/OLM/HA issues, with each on transparent color vinyl (Yes, OLM on transparent blue, HA on transparent red/Ltd HA on yellow, etc. Match Intercord when possible)
  • Large folded era poster(s) (Can't really roll it unless small, and we got folded ones before - better than none)
  • Book (Let's have more than pictures)
  • Sticker set (Put Saint Etienne to shame. Let's have loads. Logo, title, boy scout, ballerina, children, stuff from singles like cherubs, etc)
  • Enamel tour pin(s) (Not the handpressed badge-type) (Even if there wasn't one before The Circus - though that was a sticker on metal)
  • Tour scarf (Well, don't think we had one until Circus, but do a BPM one for this)
  • Embroidered WL-era logo brown cap
  • BPM shirt (This is tricky due to sizing, but they went and did it with promo sets, so I say in for a penny!)
  • MC (Make it a transparent brown shelled cassette with eggcream rollers, and direct print the shell this time - no label stickers like on WBG!)
  • CD(s) (Well, at least the EIS slipcase version reissue)
  • BD/DVD(s) (Though not sure what is feature length before Live at Seaside - which should come with The Circus. Ought to be cased as well, no cardsleevs)
  • Flexi (Of something. There has to be something. Can't not have a flexi!)
  • Era-accurate Documentary Evidence. Why not?
  • Trading card? Sure.
  • Filofax insert? Guess so.
  • Vials of V&A blood for future cloning purposes? Absolutely.

Alright, I'm on the fence about a couple of those. Mostly near the end, but, overall, that's the ultimate idea of an era-specific box set. It's relevant to the era in format, and what someone might expect to have seen had Erasure been around for years up to then.

I'm open to inclusion of more Wonderland-branded kitschy 80s-relevant items, too. V&A Pez dispensers? A Rubik's cube with cherubs and Thomas the tank engine? Um, maybe not...but how about a Swatch?  

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 13 - 17
glazball
June 19, 2017, 7:07pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 16 hours 48 minutes
Wow Tin Soldier...   just wow.  Wonderland Swatch is pretty cool, I have to admit!  But I will have to respectfully disagree with all the collectible extras in case anyone at Mute is actually reading these forums:

WE DON'T WANT ANY EXTRA CRAP, just uniform, properly mastered Deluxe Editions of all Erasure's albums!

Forget trying to make a collector's box because I can promise you TS, you are definitely in the minority.  I love Erasure too, but the time and place to enjoy Wonderland collectibles was 1986.  We don't need clear or picture disc vinyl reissues of Heavenly Action that no one will want to put on a turntable.  Or if it's going to happen, do the big fancy boxes after standard Deluxe Editions.

I have uniform, repackaged albums for: The Beatles, John Lennon, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Depeche Mode, Saint Etienne, New Order and Pet Shop Boys and they are EXACTLY what I want.  Plus other bands like Kraftwerk and The Cure have gotten the same treatment and are on my wantlist.  They appeal to the hardcore fan/collector as well as the casual fan.  They make the catalog easy to access and they look great together on the shelf.  This is what Erasure needs SORELY!!  I just can't emphasize it enough.

For each album, Mute could put 2 or 3 discs into either a double jewel-case (like the Wonderland and Circus deluxe editions) or a double digipak (like the DM and New Order re-issues).  Each set could have:
CD1 - remastered album
CD2 - extras and b-sides
DVD - corresponding tour if available

I thought what they did with Wonderland and Circus was perfect, but if Mute wants to repackage them AGAIN - then sure, I'll buy them again as long as they continue with the rest of the albums and keep them uniform.  I hate that everyone overuses the phrase OCD, but uniformity is key.  There's nothing OCD about wanting something done right, and after all this time Erasure's music deserves nothing less.

glazball's music collection
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 14 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  Future classic album re-issues

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread