Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Great Erasure youtube findings
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    Other Live Events (1985-present)  ›  Great Erasure youtube findings
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Great Erasure youtube findings  This thread currently has 379 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gabila100
March 13, 2017, 2:06am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 3 minutes
Hi,

I hope im posting this in the right section.

Just wanted to create a thread that comprises of various youtube links with rare performances or alternative versions of the classic Erasure songs.

I found this rare version of Fingers and Thumbs, sounds more like a demo version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw944CZJ_zo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mikedepaz
March 13, 2017, 5:02am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 10 hours 22 minutes
This version was done for the Wigstock Soundtrack, it has a different feel to the album version.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 5
Pughie
March 13, 2017, 9:52am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
144 days 1 hours 31 minutes

This version is called Cold Summer's Day (demo) & it featured on the Wigstock Soundtrack Album

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
Mikedepaz
March 14, 2017, 12:38am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 10 hours 22 minutes
I love this behind the scenes video of the Wild Tour! Also the remix is pretty good too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KoWRRMvfvs&sns=em

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 5
glazball
March 16, 2017, 6:55pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 15 hours 38 minutes
Quoted from Pughie

This version is called Cold Summer's Day (demo) & it featured on the Wigstock Soundtrack Album

Not technically true.  It's simply called Cold Summer's Day, never "demo".  It was obviously too good a song to be forgotten on a soundtrack for a movie no one ever saw, and was given a makeover for the Erasure self-titled album with slightly altered lyrics and a new name: Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day).  I suspect this was done because there weren't a lot of radio-friendly tracks on Erasure.

I remember this all quite clearly because in my younger college years, I stupidly but intentionally wrote a hot check for that awful Wigstock CD, just to have that one new track by my favorite band!

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
MikeyC
March 17, 2017, 12:03am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 14 hours 8 minutes
Quoted from glazball

Not technically true.  It's simply called Cold Summer's Day, never "demo".  It was obviously too good a song to be forgotten on a soundtrack for a movie no one ever saw, and was given a makeover for the Erasure self-titled album with slightly altered lyrics and a new name: Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day).  I suspect this was done because there weren't a lot of radio-friendly tracks on Erasure.

I remember this all quite clearly because in my younger college years, I stupidly but intentionally wrote a hot check for that awful Wigstock CD, just to have that one new track by my favorite band!

I actually saw the movie -- in a movie theater!!  (partly because I went to the Wigstock festival for a few years, including one of the years which was featured in the movie!)  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    Other Live Events (1985-present)  ›  Great Erasure youtube findings

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread