Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Request for Turns the Love to Anger on Tour
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    World Be Gone Tour (2018)  ›  Request for Turns the Love to Anger on Tour
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Request for Turns the Love to Anger on Tour  This thread currently has 870 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
luminous786
February 3, 2017, 4:50pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 22 hours 7 minutes
Working from home today and no is around so blasted this song.  It has been so long since I've been able to listen to music at an acceptable volume.  Anyway, what are people's thoughts on requesting Turns the Love to Anger on Vince's and Andy's twitter feeds?  Vince's usual response will likely be 'I'll ask Dinger', but have to say V&A care about the fans so they may take this under serious consideration.  I was so happy when they brought Joan back last time.  

So what do you think?  Yay or Nay?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tin Soldier
February 3, 2017, 6:00pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 days 7 hours 57 minutes
YAY.  

It's really the Phantom Bride of that album - should have had a single release - and many know how much I love PB.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 20
kwerty
February 3, 2017, 6:07pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 8 hours 36 minutes
Well, from what we know so far, the songs on this next album are meant to be a little more 'world aware', so it might sit quite well alongside them.

I doubt there's going to be much room for any surprises in a support act setlist though, so maybe only if/when they do their own headline shows.

They could maybe perform 'It Doesn't Have To Be' as well...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 20
kwerty
February 3, 2017, 6:13pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
should have had a single release

So if you could change history, which single from Chorus would you sacrifice to make a space for it?

FIVE singles from one album is unprecedented for Erasure, so one would have to go. Them's the rules!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 20
luminous786
February 3, 2017, 6:27pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from kwerty

So if you could change history, which single from Chorus would you sacrifice to make a space for it?

FIVE singles from one album is unprecedented for Erasure, so one would have to go. Them's the rules!

I would nix Am I Right?  Love the song, but Turns the Love to Anger tops it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 20
MikeyC
February 3, 2017, 10:46pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 3 hours 55 minutes
Quoted from luminous786
Working from home today and no is around so blasted this song.  It has been so long since I've been able to listen to music at an acceptable volume.  Anyway, what are people's thoughts on requesting Turns the Love to Anger on Vince's and Andy's twitter feeds?  Vince's usual response will likely be 'I'll ask Dinger', but have to say V&A care about the fans so they may take this under serious consideration.  I was so happy when they brought Joan back last time.  

So what do you think?  Yay or Nay?

I'm still so curious as to why "Joan" was dropped after the first part of "The Violet Flame" tour...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 20
Tin Soldier
February 4, 2017, 12:16am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from luminous786
I would nix Am I Right?  Love the song, but Turns the Love to Anger tops it.  

HERESY!

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can say such a thing after acquiring the L12"/LCD5" of the single. The Grid Mix may actually be the best mix of any Erasure track ever commissioned...well, up there if not the very best.

The graphic design of that edition was a high point as well. I actually created desktop wallpeper and email stationery from it back then.

kwerty's assertions carry little weight with me here. Why not five singles? DM's Violator had five (Halo was a single too), and so did MWH's Rhythm Of Youth. Why not six? Waiting For The Day is single material as well, in my opinion.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 20
Mikedepaz
February 4, 2017, 12:43am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 days 18 hours 42 minutes
What are the five singles of Rhythm of Youth?

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 20
kwerty
February 4, 2017, 2:39am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Seriously, I don't know how anyone can say such a thing after acquiring the L12"/LCD5" of the single. The Grid Mix may actually be the best mix of any Erasure track ever commissioned...well, up there if not the very best.

I was going to say pretty much the same. My first thought is lose 'Am I Right?' as a single, but I instantly think of that remix EP and I agree with you, and I just don't think I could live in a universe where that Grid Mix didn't exist (of course, if we're changing time to make it happen, we'll have no memory of it so I suppose what we don't know won't hurt us...)

Quoted Text
kwerty's assertions carry little weight with me here.

I'm sorry, but rules is rules, and you have to obey them. That's the way it is...

Quoted Text
DM's Violator had five (Halo was a single too)

Oh come on! No it did not! Violator had FOUR singles. Halo has never been released officially as a single.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 20
luminous786
February 4, 2017, 3:52am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Wait, so only Tin and I want Turns the Love to Anger to appear on the setlist?  Come on, there have to be others.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 20
Tin Soldier
February 4, 2017, 12:00pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
What are the five singles of Rhythm of Youth?

Living in China, I Got the Message, The Safety Dance, Antarctica, I Like.

Quoted from kwerty
I'm sorry, but rules is rules, and you have to obey them. That's the way it is...

Show me this rulebook. I wan an ISBN number while you're at it.

Quoted from kwerty
Oh come on! No it did not! Violator had FOUR singles. Halo has never been released officially as a single.

Dum, de dum dum, dum...

https://www.discogs.com/Depeche-Mode-Halo/release/514202

Now, if you want to argue the official nature of a promotional release...well, we have enough problems with the Russian fakes already. Why give them ideas?

Quoted from luminous786
Wait, so only Tin and I want Turns the Love to Anger to appear on the setlist?  Come on, there have to be others.

No one wants this to become my cause. Trust me, NO ONE. Many lives will be lost, and we will end up with an EP release with mediocre remixes.

Vote yes if you know what's good for you.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 10 - 20
kwerty
February 4, 2017, 2:22pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier

Show me this rulebook. I wan an ISBN number while you're at it.

They are MY rules. Which I made. And very sound rules they are too, based on the fact that Erasure have NEVER released more than four singles from one album. Nor have Depeche Mode!

...and also because doing more than four could (probably rightly) bring accusations of 'milking it'.

Quoted Text
https://www.discogs.com/Depeche-Mode-Halo/release/514202

Now, if you want to argue the official nature of a promotional release...well, we have enough problems with the Russian fakes already. Why give them ideas?

Well, I'd say you maybe already have just given them ideas...

...and yes - I know of the promo - and yes I will argue its official nature as a single release! It is but a humble promo. Just a one track promo at that, released nowhere other than the US, for a song they apparently considered bringing out as a single but changed their mind. As such it doesn't really count as an official single release now does it? And you know it! You're just clutching at straws! Show me its release date. Where is it in DM's own singles and hits compilations?

Besides... are you suggesting we should go back in time just to release TTLTA as a one track promo? Pffft - it's hardly worth risking our lives obtaining the plutonium to power our flux capacitor for is it? We want the full shebang! A-side, B-side and remixes! Good ones too!

(Interestingly though, Halo DID apparently chart at #21 in the US alternative charts - I'm guessing that was on the back of radio play only, and NOT on sales of the promo!)

Using Rhythm of Youth as an example doesn't count - they're not on Mute. And Mute don't do that sort of milking it for all it's worth type thing *cough* Moby's Play *cough*

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 20
kwerty
February 4, 2017, 2:29pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from luminous786

I thought my 'would sit well alongside the new 'world aware' songs of the new album' comment was a vote for 'yes', but I guess I didn't make it clear enough!

So yeah... gets my vote.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 20
chemicalboy
February 4, 2017, 4:02pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
24 days 15 hours 14 minutes
Make it so.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 20
ben
February 4, 2017, 7:59pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
17 days 13 hours 55 minutes
I like to be controversial, so I throw this into the discussion. Chorus had 9 possible singles on it, Breath Of Life wasn't one of them. Discuss!
Okay perhaps Siren Song wouldn't have been the best one, but I just love it too much.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 20
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    World Be Gone Tour (2018)  ›  Request for Turns the Love to Anger on Tour

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread