Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
early Depeche Mode (80/81) live torrents
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Vince Clarke    Speak & Spell (1981)  ›  early Depeche Mode (80/81) live torrents
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

early Depeche Mode (80/81) live torrents  This thread currently has 1,866 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
glazball
December 18, 2016, 10:02pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 23 hours 26 minutes
Hi friends-

Sorry if this is old news, but a few months ago I found this site that has torrents for non-copyrighted Depeche Mode live shows.  I thought the early shows from 1980/81 with Vince would be of interest.  Some of these recordings are very rare, and certainly worth a download.  The site also has lots of great write-ups about Vince's earliest bands and gigs and how they all coalesced into Depeche, as well as individual early live-only songs like Addiction.  A lot of new/obscure info (to me!).  Enjoy!

Here is article about the 1980/81 tour dates which goes all the way through Vince's final show with Depeche in Dec 81.
https://www.depechemode-live.com/wiki/1980/1981_background_info

.zip file of all the available 1980 show torrents:
https://www.depechemode-live.com/torrents/1980.zip

.zip file of all the available 1981 show torrents:
https://www.depechemode-live.com/torrents/1981.zip

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message
kwerty
December 18, 2016, 11:36pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 days 22 hours 5 minutes
Quoted from glazball
non-copyrighted Depeche Mode live shows.

I'll just point out that there are no non-copyright live shows. All music by Depeche Mode is the copyright of DM and/or their record labels.

Thanks for the info though! It's interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
glazball
December 19, 2016, 12:09am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 23 hours 26 minutes
Do Depeche Mode or Mute own the copyrights to Television Set which wasn't written by Vince?  Reason Man?  I understand though, maybe I should have said "not already copyrighted" lol   I'd certainly love to see (and buy) these early shows released officially but audience recordings seems the best we'll ever get of that early time.  The Speak & Spell reissue DVD has some great stuff too.

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
kwerty
December 19, 2016, 7:03am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 days 22 hours 5 minutes
Quoted from glazball
Do Depeche Mode or Mute own the copyrights to Television Set which wasn't written by Vince?  Reason Man?  I understand though, maybe I should have said "not already copyrighted" lol

Well, the answer to that might not be easy, but the copyright of those other songs you mention will most likely belong to whoever wrote them and/or the record labels they signed those rights over to (if any).

I'm not sure what you mean by "not already copyrighted". In the UK at least, anything anybody creates is automatically their copyright. It is a right that is granted the instant you make it, be it a drawing, a painting, a story, a poem, a song, a tune or whatever. You don't have to 'register' it for it to be so. So that fact that those songs exist, means that they are the copyright of someone.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
DMLiveWiki
December 20, 2016, 10:48pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 minutes
Hello,

I run the Depeche Mode Live Wiki, nice to see a topic about the relevant information and recordings here. Of course there is no officially / commercially released content available on the website; I tend not to worry about copyright as such, and I haven't received any content takedown notices yet anyway.

I do not believe that Depeche Mode / Mute / Sony / any other label has rights to "Television Set" and any other early live-only songs which weren't commercially released (but I am not any sort of authority on the matter). I'd imagine if "Television Set" were ever to be released, Jason Knott (the songwriter) would receive royalties for the use of his song; same with the songs that Vince wrote.

Also of relevance might be the demos from 1980 / 1981: 1980 / 1981 demos
And some more detailed info (as much as is known) about all of the early live-only tracks: Early live-only songs

And, the best recordings from 1981 are below:

1981-06-11 BBC Studio Session
1981-06-27 Crocs, Rayleigh (soundboard)
1981-09-26 Amsterdam (7-track FM broadcast plus the earliest audience video recording of DM)
1981-09-29 Paris (very good sounding complete FM broadcast, but with the radio host talking too much)
1981-10-23 "Something Else" television performance
1981-12-03 Chichester television performance, the last Depeche Mode concert with Vince Clarke
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Vince Clarke    Speak & Spell (1981)  ›  early Depeche Mode (80/81) live torrents

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread