Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Are you happy with this release?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    From Moscow To Mars An Erasure Anthology (2016)  ›  Are you happy with this release?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

From Moscow To Mars-are you happy with it?
Yes it's ok (14 votes)
46.67%
No (10 votes)
33.33%
It's been a nightmare from start to finish (5 votes)
16.67%
Yes 100% (1 votes)
3.33%
30 Votes Total Last vote March 11, 2018, 10:19pm by nightbird4275
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Are you happy with this release?  This thread currently has 2,150 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
December 14, 2016, 9:04pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
156 days 8 hours 31 minutes
A simple question!

Are you happy with this boxset?

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
glazball
December 14, 2016, 11:22pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 3 hours 28 minutes
Yes, it's ok.  It's not my dream collection but I've gotten lots of enjoyment out of it so far.  I was listening to one of the B-sides discs in my car today and had a rush of joy realizing that after all this time, I'm finally listening to an official B-sides collection.  Some of these I haven't really listened to in a few years.

We could have done without more singles discs.  We could have done without the Audio Documentary (I like the content, but there was no need to waste a whole disc on this).  We could have without the already available mixes.

There's a lot of great music here though.  One could argue that the price of the whole collection stings like a poisonous bite, especially to us fans who have already spent too much money acquiring the these tracks.  But, the antidote is right there on the discs.  Enjoy the music!

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 17
MikeyC
December 15, 2016, 3:00am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 1 hours 14 minutes
Your enthusiasm and upbeat optimism are infectious, glazball!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 17
Mikedepaz
December 15, 2016, 5:02am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
26 days 12 hours 10 minutes
I think in the end, we got SOMETHING. It was promised for a long time that after Always- Best Of, we were going to get a BIGLY Box geared to fans. We were kept in the dark of content for ages. I knew something was up when they requested what B-sides would want on TWO, yes two discs. We all know that Erasure B-sides easily could go up to 5 of those discs. Which I would have prefered over 1 less remix or docunetary CD. It would have made for a complete package I always wanted. Not to mentioned the bungled versions of single versions picked or left off. But....... the package is stunning- HA!

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 17
Sadie
December 15, 2016, 9:17am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 3 hours 33 minutes
its a well presented package and something to collect. However its a massive wasted opportunity and the content is disappointing. Maybe this is all they could get together because of ownership rights etc

The curated discs are pointless. The singles and b-sides are, yes great music, but something I have. The demos and new mixes are great but thats minimal content

I dont begrudge purchasing this. I wanted it and enjoyed the Birmingham event that went with it immensely. I don't think its great at all but won't be stamping my feet, disowning the band, chucking it in the bin or never purchasing any release again in protest. I will complain about it and I will send my opinion into the EIS. if everyone does so it might be more productive.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 17
dayalet
December 15, 2016, 1:10pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Sadie
its a well presented package and something to collect. However its a massive wasted opportunity and the content is disappointing. Maybe this is all they could get together because of ownership rights etc

The curated discs are pointless. The singles and b-sides are, yes great music, but something I have. The demos and new mixes are great but thats minimal content

I dont begrudge purchasing this. I wanted it and enjoyed the Birmingham event that went with it immensely. I don't think its great at all but won't be stamping my feet, disowning the band, chucking it in the bin or never purchasing any release again in protest. I will complain about it and I will send my opinion into the EIS. if everyone does so it might be more productive.

Mark hasn't deleted my account yet-and gave me til friday to change my mind-so I'll take this last opportunity to actually call you out on this patronising, and actually really mean spirited attitude you have towards anyone who doesn't agree with you... or posts negative feedback.

This is the first time I can recall YOU actually posting a less than glowing review-so think to yourself-If YOU are seeing it in that light-how are others feeling.

You-and others may see this as me throwing my toys out of the pram (as well as the boxset in the bin) and quite frankly I really don't care.

I've been very cagey about information I share online. but I come from a design background-and retrained while working in Audio production. I spent many years training other people in both disciplines at two Universities at the same time-while also working for a large number of Record Labels (mainly in Scandinavian/Nordic countries) -a lot of the time on promotional projects and box sets in the last few years. I have suffered from insomnia since I was 11 years old-and find that filling my time productively and POSITIVELY has been a long held and effective remedy.

I have found myself to be HIGHLY critical of late-and I appreciate that my moaning is NOT counterproductive.

In this day and age-when physical product is becoming more of a collectors niche, i've found quite a number of practices employed by the teams behind Erasure to be exceptionally disrespectful towards fans of the Band... Things like time limited releases, foreign only issues, RSD exclusives etc etc are understandable-and when good notice has been given, fair enough. My issue-as someone with a mercifully disposable income - has been towards making these releases difficult to obtain for people who WANT them, want to support the band they love (and have for years) but do not have the disposable finances because of real life commitments to sit online at short notice in the hope of getting the golden ticket... note, not winning it.... but actually paying over the odds to support both the band AND their own completeist mentality.... Thats what fans do-and Record Companies know that. Having those same fans being exploited continually angers me as a professional... and shows so little respect to fans.

My real issues about this set all ULTIMATELY stem to the fact that-barring a small initial outlay in initial design choices, and track sourcing-this set was CROWD FUNDED. The record label involved had a very small initial outlay. And that's why it feels like a designers vanity project-rather than anything else.

Even though it was the fans money they were using to pay for the production of this set-at no point were we asked what we felt would be a 'fitting celebration' to contain (write ups, art cards, extras etc) Absolute no market research was done..... I wonder why.... Oh hold on-because that would have involved the record company spending time AND most importantly THEIR money.

The problem with crowd funding releases is that it is actually illegal to accept money on spec-they HAD to announce the content on sale... and rather than actually get some input they went with a poorly conceived concept based on some rare photos they found. Once it was announced, it would have been difficult to change from a legal standpoint.

The only say we were given-on how OUR money would be used, was the Sophie's Choice of picking B Sides.... whereas-without even scapping any of the content included, the actual cost of replicating an additional cd (and adding that extra gatefold into the package to hold it) working on the premise of 3000 initial run (that's been the time limited stuff-this WILL have had more)... well... I know from experience that it would have added the replication cost of between 11 and 15p  per £80 set.... can you understand WHY it feels mean spirited not to just include the lot. Even if something had to be cut to justify that HORRENDOUS expense-would you rather have had the Space Food container that is unreusable if you want the paper products within (the most misleading item ever) or ALL of the Bsides. Same with just bunging in an extra CD of the pre ordered stuff by way of a thanks for preordering (and giving us your cash)... and an apology for this being delaed so much due to poor planning on their part (and not actually stumping up their own cash in advance)

Things like that are what make it feel like a designers vanity project rather than something-that like all music products-should be about the BAND'S Music.

My other real gripe (apart from feeling that this set looks so inappropriate for Erasure-brilliant for a Duran Duran release or something-totally at odds here) is the serious lack of effort in the actual audio content replication.... it honestly does feel that too many Erasure releases suffer like this.

We've had releases composed of badly ripped Vinyl, with seemingly no attempt to source master tapes-or any acknowledgment of them being uncleaned vinyl rips, over compressed boxsets that distort the audio to the point of being unlistenable, poorly remastered products that have had mistakes entered at that stage, typos galore etc.

This set is predominantly something we could have burned to CD ourselves... and not used the glitch from Elevation from the last hits collection, not used the wrong version of tracks, not let hot mastered tracks through... etc etc. It shows a total lack of quality control-not poor, but totally absent. Even moreso in the light of delays... nobody checked this AT ALL before it was send for replication.

(My total pet peeve is Make It Wonderful.... the irony of that name when the Single Mix is soooo ghastly... the issue there is two fold.... It has been tempo shifted from the album version-but done through a low quality setting on off the shelf audio software (I'd even feel quite safe hazarding a guess at which one) This has led to the sounds having chunks of 'horizontal compression) so the drum for example is temporally 'cut' and it sounds jerky... on top of this, it has been over compressed 'vertically'-the loudness has been boosted too high so that there is no room for the louder elements to grow. I tried to recreate it last night from the (still overcompressed but salvageable) Album version -in the hope of sharing it to anyone here who wanted it as an apology for my recent behaviour... we know that they're not likely to repress this cd (the hav never done so in the past so I can't imagine they will here either-and unless they go back to the original, this one can't be fixed) Unfortunately-while i declipped and retimed the album mix brilliantly (it honestly sounds soooo much better-there is a small 'whisper near the end of the Single mix that has no 'match'- and My OCD just couldn't cope with it not being a perfect match-so much so that i recreated the bad edits, rather than improve them! Haha. If I get it right, I'll post it on you tube with a download link.... I'm not even bothered about infringing copyright any more!!! Haha!

Everything on this set has been ripped from previous releases by looks of things (the 'exclusives' excepted) and that makes me really sad in the most expensive physical product they've ever released. This-and the Vinyl Reissues-being fan funded show how little the record label want to invest-and how little faith they have in the band.

The most BMG have self funded is a 3cd set (which really was a pretty little collection if nothing else) The Sometimes CD Single really does signfy their approach though... A revamp that seems like it took 1/2 an hour tops, one new remix-where a dub was an extra, and a radio edit used to sell it and a load of stuff we all had. And produced in such limited quantities (with no advice as such) that many missed out.

Yes-it wasn't expensive-but that £8 quid when you have kids, a mortgage, food to buy and are in a time where you have to work ever harder to pay for basics £8 can seem like a fortune. I've bought BMG/Mute erasure downloads-of the few things that they have deigned to put out-and they really have felt very flat and lifeless.... other companies have long since realised that MP3s really do need different mastering -just like vinyl does- from CD. Their reluctance to not only issue their back catalogue digitally and embrace lossless formats is a total bafflement to me. Well... actually no-I've known some folk who worked for BMG-and the chances are that lack of knowledge about technology....it's not that long ago one of their project managers told a frriend of mine that he wishes cassettes hadn't bitten the dust-because they were 'good enough', cost less to manufacture and brought in the most profit... says it all really.

Anyway-this has turned into a rant again. I'm personally VERY disappointed that such an ill conceived and badly produced set has been released-and that because we're so used to this kinda crap, folk seem to be happy to accept it.

We funded the production of that set-please remember that-and they only say we had in the finished product is on what it WOULDN'T contain... so that they made less than 20p more profit.

So while folk may see me as a melodramatic cry baby, this is me finally calling time on supporting this kinda lacklustre treatment and effort. I totally understand why we need to keep buying collections-to continue helping Andy and Vince carry on producing new material. What I've called time on is this absolutely disgraceful lack of quality and effort.

I did message Richard at the EIS-I had pointed out in that initial email that while i felt the tracklist 'could' have been more comprehensive-it was the one thing I didn't have an issue with, as i knew what i was getting beforehand, but that I felt it was pretty poor as a physical product-and that being the latest in a long line of problematic releases I saw this as the opportunity to sever my ties to supportin the band.

His response was that while he was disappointed I didn't like the set, but that most folk did. and that they had advised us of the tracklist as early as possible-and that he hoped the next release was more to my taste (I don't think he actually read any of my email to be fair....I can understand why!! Haha!. Needless to say I did send a follow up restating my point, a tad more specifically.

While I'm calling time-really because I'm actually pissed off that the management, their fan club, and seemingly the band themselves care so little about their product quality, why should I continue to promote that attitude with my money.

Pledge Music-and crowd funding in general-gives an amazing opportunities to musicians with little or no suport-and helps smaller labels take a chance that they simply cannot afford to without that advance financial contribution.

When a big company like BMG abuse that-to avoid any actual investment in promoting their own band, and to make a product with so little care because they already have the money, really abuses a concept that was created to help actually promote and support folk who need it. This set-to me-feels like a maximum £50 product... artistic and creative decisions THEY made caused them to put that price at £30 higher because THEY decided it was now worth that.

None of the product, or inclusions-justify that cost.... take it from me. Somewhere along the line someone is getting a big cut of money.... oh but look at the book.... it looks expensive.... and look.... foil blocking and embossing. These items sold as Luxury Items..... take it from me.... the actual physical production costs are no where near what you may be led to believe. Somebody somewhere is patting their own back that they have got their design choices executed to a high finish-without having to justify it to a board room-and just behind them is someone chuffed at the pay rise they can get for earning their company soooooo much money with virtually no outlay of compan money.

If I had ever worked on anything like this I would have been either hauled over the coals or sacked... and as a project manager, I would NEVER have let such a substandard product be produced...and I certainly wouldn't have had the audacity to think-oh well we've got the money-that'll do.

Apologies again that I have been 'that' fan- but I hope at least some of you understand WHY i don't want to support the band-or their labels-an more.

This is not me being OTT-and if it appears that way, then I apologise for that too.

It shouldn't matter how much-or how little - something costs... as a fan, as a customer and in this case as the bill footers, you all deserve better. You give your love and devotion to a band who, for whatever reason has a personal place in your heart. To have that persistently taken advantage of for increasingly less effort and more money is disgraceful....

I'd hate for ANYONE else to feel how I feel... and it's primarily because I have worked in the industry, and have always tried to do my job to the highest standard-and been respectful to both the musician AND the fans -that this kind of persistently crap effort from Mute, BMG, their management-and ultimately the band themself not actually caring about this is what I hope doesn't continue happening.

So Sadie... no offence- but when someone doesn't share that 'rainbows and unicorns' approach you embrace.... try to understand that there MAY be a reason you are unaware (or are uncaring) about. Everyone's opinion is important-and I've NEVER disrespected you... yet your dismissive attitude to folk having 'tantrums', and persistently making snide comments to genuinely felt comments has begun to strike me as you intentionally trying to cause arguements and rile folk up.....

But of course... I'm the one that's been made to feel like a troll. Yes I did bin my set.... more to make a stand for myself. I'm disapointed for me-but moreso I'm disappointed for EVERY person who had to struggle to justify buying this set-and don't have the throwaway (lol) money I do.

I wouldn't keep an ugly piece of furniture that didn't serve it's designated function out of sentiment.... this set is the same. The only part of it I currently still have is the rarities disc... and to be honest-I don't think I'll even save that. And while no doubt some of you wonder why I didn't resell-or even see about a return....I used it as a form of exorcism, theres no way I'd ever want anyone to feel ripped off by reselling it (and it served me personally more function as a destruction piece than passing it on to anyone.... selfish I know!!!!)

I currently care for my mum, who has quite advanced dementia - and I've realised that is more important to me at the moment than any crap product.... but I really do hope this never happens again. If a cd is over compressed-kick off. If a product is over priced-kick off. If a limited exclusive keeps having more copies turn up-and you had to struggle financially to get it before it 'sold out'-kick off. If you get sold another expensive hits collection with 'oh look-we found some more demos'-give them fuckers HELL from me.

Don't feel to embarrassed to complain-or feel belittled by ANYONE trying to minimise your displeasure, or mock your view

The one bonus I will have when I have to make the unfortunate decision to put my mum in more permanent care, is that I know should I return to audio or product design, I hope that when/if any of you get the opportunity to experience my work, you will realise that producing a top quality product on a competitive budget is an absolute necessity-and that anyone using licensing issues, unfortunate delays, budgeting concerns influencing choices etc is simply making excuses for their own inability to do their job, and their lack of interest and care in their own professionalism. As you can tell... I'm quite an argumentative person-and one of my proudest moments was helping a friend working on a project get an elusive track licensed for a set he was having difficulty on-and by being so brutal I not only got them hammered down to a nomimal fee-I made them hunt down the master tape....I think they eventually did it to save me turning up in person!!!!!

Take care tho bitches!!!!! And one of you better take over my long rambling angry posting style!!!

Georgie

xxxx

E-mail Reply: 5 - 17
Mikedepaz
December 15, 2016, 1:37pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
26 days 12 hours 10 minutes
Hi Georgie
I come as a friend, and with kind words. What does it mean in the end to call out someone or write messages that challenge you to get banned from here. You have been a very decent poster here 182 times, which is a lot.

Seriously we all care for this band and all we want is civility amongst people of the world. These are just word on a screen and can't be taken angrily if one doesn't agress or disagree. We are all humans and silly words on a screen should not tempt anyone here to start and angry debate over all things- Erasure. World politics, corruption, budgets and stuff like that- knock yourself out. I too care for my mum who I just recently put in a Assisted Living Facility due to dementia- now that's a reality problem.

Let's stay positive this time of year, things could be a lot worse. in the end, we are all brothers and sisters with the love of this band. I too could get mad at the band, eIS, management, label etc..... And that accomplishes zero. I've made a big financing ail and personal investment like everyone else and i can't change what has occurred. It's in the past and we move forward. It's 31 years of positive and negative things.- luckily more positive

Peace

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 17
Sadie
December 15, 2016, 1:50pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 3 hours 33 minutes
Dayalet - I don't know you so personally I have nothing to comment on. But, to me, your reactions and posts are over board and completely dramatic is an understatement. I am not particualry embracing this release. However it doesn't make me feel sad or anyway disconnected from Erasure. Its just a disappointing release and doesn't meet expectations. I don't see the need to end accounts, disconnect and throw it all away because something is not to my liking. Erasures music brings me immense pleasure but this release just doesn't inspire me and get me excited overall. Move on to what we will get next and enjoy. You deal with it the way you need to I suppose, good luck and no actually offence to you personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 17
dayalet
December 15, 2016, 2:57pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Sadie
Dayalet - I don't know you so personally I have nothing to comment on. But, to me, your reactions and posts are over board and completely dramatic is an understatement. I am not particualry embracing this release. However it doesn't make me feel sad or anyway disconnected from Erasure. Its just a disappointing release and doesn't meet expectations. I don't see the need to end accounts, disconnect and throw it all away because something is not to my liking. Erasures music brings me immense pleasure but this release just doesn't inspire me and get me excited overall. Move on to what we will get next and enjoy. You deal with it the way you need to I suppose, good luck and no actually offence to you personally.

If this were a one off, I would agree. And while my posts and actions do seem over the top to people no doubt-I hope that some of it makes sense to some people. I've never heard of an band's fan persistently be sold faulty, sub standard products-and over the last few years it's upset me the amount of times another faulty product has been released, and i've read disappointed folks comments after somthing has gone wrong.

Perhaps my view is heavily coloured by my own work experiences, and I'm actually dissapointed that a band I've loved for such a long time can surround themselves with such a huge amount of apathetic staff, and not call them out. These faceless people behind the scenes are earning a living on the guys talent and body of work... but it's not them who's reputation is sullied by their crap work ethic.

To be totally honest-I absolutely adored Tomorrow's World and The Violet Flame because they worked with people who challenged them-just like they used to. Thats why I prefer Loveboat over Cowboy... They seem to come up with something genuinely surprising when they're in a 'challenging' position. Nightbird feels a tad too AOR listening, and OPS/LATEOTW are too filled with overused sounds and themes-so that the highlights feel underwhelming rather than amazing-and I do think that working with a 'friend' doesn't exactly motivate them to push the envelope ouwith their comfort zone. The next album being self produced honestly doesn't feel like it will be for me... I enjoy their variety too much, and i feel that this maybe too by the numbers for me-just like Cowboy killed m enthusiasm 20 years ago! That tiny audio snippets is a silly thing to base this on-and one day I may well discover just how stupid i was to miss it.... but it just sounded too 'familiar'
for me at the moment
I do genuinely like most of what they have done-that's why the audio content is a bit underwhelming. It could have really showcased 'their' talent more (and I say this as a 'remix-a-holic'-i'd rather have had more 'Erasure' and a bit less 'other folks version with vocals by Andy Bell)

The actual compilation of these tracks should have been flawless-thats what really upsets me about it-nobody really made the effort to notice these faults.

As i say-they price of the set was genuinely artificially high-honestly, I've worked on enough sets like this-and even for the Scandi Stuff I've worked on, I've had to deal with the same production companies (there are tell tale signs to who was used) I'd never dream of saying how little the physical cost of this set would have been.... a lot of companies that produce this stuff have online calculators... and although those ones tend to be on the more expensive end-i'd recommend anyone interested to google-if you want to be depressed.

Seriously-this set should have retailed at £50 maximum-and made a very good profit for both the record company and the band at that. There should have been no faults. I can pretty much guarantee that this extra £30 we paid will not be boosting Andy and Vinces coffers... I wouldn't mind if it did!!! The people profiting are the ones who allowed the poor quality control get through.

I sincerely apologise for insulting you Sadie-and don't want my negativity to impact on anyone's positive approach. I honestly do want all fans to feel valued and get something wonderful from Erasure-just like I have.... but I do try to understand when someone doesn't like the Musical Quality.

This hasn't been about that.... this has been about the record company having habitually low quality control standards, and yet expecting us to fund those mistakes in advance. About making the product at times difficult for fans to obtain-just to avoid waiting too long to get their return

I hope that by being so vocal about it this time-more of you become aware of the repeated issues not being acceptable-and would beg you all in future to demand action if a product you have paid for is faulty, or overpriced. The band are sadly being badly served by their official representation-and unfortunately it is the fans who suffer.

So I really do apologise about being so personal-and am certainly not that thin skinned that I've let any comment upset me-what has upset me has been the dismissiveness of people to these repeated situations.... this is why this stuff keeps happening. And unfortunately our official representative doesn't really seem to be effective in actually confronting these situations. That's why they've been happening so frequently.

The one good thing for you all is that there is absolutely no way I would ever want to work for BMG or Mute after seeing their poor attempts at product control.... so you won't have to worry about me ever foisting my Complete Singles Erasure set on you all!!!

I'll stick to arguing with Swedish Schlager Divas!!!!! LOL

Apologies again to absolutely everyone i've upset and offended...And i wish you continued love and enjoyment of all things Erasure!

Georgie
E-mail Reply: 8 - 17
Pughie
December 15, 2016, 6:43pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I've enjoyed Dayalet's posts and don't want to delete his account but it's his wish.

I've finally opened mine on first inspection the 12" art card of the cover is very poor,I like the rarities disc,but what's going on with the new remixes apart from the Always/Heavenly Action/WFTD not that clever the GRN mix is ok but it's a left over from the Always set,but possibly held back especially for this release.
So far my biggest down point is the live CD,not with the choices of tracks but the fading in and out leaving a gap,why didn't they do like the Pop Deluxe and make it like a real show?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 17
kwerty
December 15, 2016, 6:54pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 days 7 hours 13 minutes
Quoted from Pughie
the GRN mix is ok but it's a left over from the Always set,but possibly held back especially for this release.

I suspect all of these mixes have been held back since then, Pughie. That's certainly what I've always thought since they first announced The Very Best Of and this anthology. They will have all been commissioned at the same time. It's just that you know for certain The Circus was because GRN mentioned it.

Interestingly, if you add up the new mixes here and the new ones from the 'Very Best Of' (including the Sometimes remix), there's pretty much just the right amount to do a 'Pop! Remix 2'.

Makes me wonder if there was originally another plan...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 17
kwerty
December 15, 2016, 6:56pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 days 7 hours 13 minutes
Quoted from Pughie
I've enjoyed Dayalet's posts and don't want to delete his account but it's his wish.

Keep his name reserved - I'm sure you can reopen it for him should he have second thoughts someday and decide to return.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 17
glazball
December 15, 2016, 8:05pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 3 hours 28 minutes
I agree with Pughie, I enjoyed dayalet's posts also.  I hope you'll reconsider deleting your account.  Maybe just walk away for a year or two.  There's a lot of other great music and things to occupy your time with.  fwiw, you've inspired me to contact Mute myself and give them a few words of my own.  I'm not normally one to do such things, but perhaps they need to hear some constructive criticism.

In one of the FM2M videos with V&A, Vince at one point is amazed that some of this material would surface.  He laughed that someone, maybe a technician, must have sneakily recorded Andy's WNLLT audition.  Andy had to remind him it had already been released on Buried Treasure 2!  Go Andy!  Vince himself wasn't even aware of the things being released by the record company under his and Andy's names!  Of course I don't blame him or Andy for the 91 mis-steps of FM2M - I hope they have better things to worry about and music to make.

But for the price - yes, this box set should have been meticulously curated.  I will be much more skeptical when the next big ticket items come along.

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 17
Tin Soldier
December 16, 2016, 3:10am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 days 19 hours 33 minutes
Quoted from kwerty

Keep his name reserved - I'm sure you can reopen it for him should he have second thoughts someday and decide to return.

While I hope that's possible in some fashion, this software is not phpBB nor vBulletin. The mods available to do a lot of those less than routine tasks just weren't done, and most that were are no longer downloadable to install now.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 13 - 17
Pughie
December 16, 2016, 10:34am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
If anyone's account is deleted their posts still stay on the E4M unless they are deleted manually,it's just the name that gets removed and a number appears

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    From Moscow To Mars An Erasure Anthology (2016)  ›  Are you happy with this release?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread