Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Least Favourite Aspect Of The Box Set?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Compilations    From Moscow To Mars An Erasure Anthology (2016)  ›  Least Favourite Aspect Of The Box Set?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

What I liked the least was the...
The Price! }:) (8 votes)
19.51%
Disc One - Singles (5 votes)
12.20%
Disc Twelve - Radio Documantary (4 votes)
9.76%
Disc Two - Singles (3 votes)
7.32%
Disc Three - Singles (3 votes)
7.32%
Disc Four - Andy's Picks (3 votes)
7.32%
Disc Five - Vince's Picks (3 votes)
7.32%
Book (2 votes)
4.88%
Disc Six - B-Sides (2 votes)
4.88%
Disc Seven - B-Sides (2 votes)
4.88%
Disc Ten - Live Tracks (2 votes)
4.88%
Disc Thirteen - Wild! Concert DVD (2 votes)
4.88%
Passport (1 votes)
2.44%
Disc Eleven - Rareties (1 votes)
2.44%
Box (0 votes)
0%
12" X 12" Art Cards (0 votes)
0%
Space Food (Stamps & Cards) (0 votes)
0%
Disc Eight - Remixes (0 votes)
0%
Disc Nine - Remixes (0 votes)
0%
[Pre-Sale] The Bonus Downloads (0 votes)
0%
41 Votes Total Last vote April 4, 2018, 2:37pm by nightbird4275
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Least Favourite Aspect Of The Box Set?  This thread currently has 2,066 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Tin Soldier
December 9, 2016, 6:37pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 15 hours 31 minutes
Well, they got your money already, so you have the right to vent your spleen.  

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
gjkendall
December 9, 2016, 7:14pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 13 hours 33 minutes
I voted for..

B-Sides: It should be all of them
Live: Really not a fan of a mish mash of live dates.
Radio Documentary: Should of been an audio track on the DVD.

The set is gorgeous...I'm still listening to/digesting it all, I have some points I'd like to make new the near future. It really is painfully close to perfection!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 21
MikeyC
December 9, 2016, 9:23pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 11 hours 54 minutes
Regarding the selection of Live tracks: I understand it wasn't adequately recorded, but in a perfect (stranger) world, some live tracks from The Violet Flame Tour would be included!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 21
glazball
December 10, 2016, 4:16pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 23 hours 26 minutes
I think we all have some complaints about FM2M but for my least favorite, I'll just stick with: the price.

Specifically - the price per valuable track ratio is poor.  I really don't mind, in fact I'd be eager, to pay $130+ for Awesome Erasure Boxset - but I really want it packed with unexpected stuff we crave to hear.  Instead we get a whirlwind of discs with very few of the tracks on them previously unheard by fans.

I get the feeling that management thought "How about a Buried Treasure 3 with this previously unreleased stuff on 2 discs?", followed by "Instead, how about we mix it into a giant box set and make it an expensive 13 disc affair?"  "YES!"

That's my problem with the price.  Squeezing the fans who just want to hear the 2000 Miles (Monteverde 7" Mix), etc!!

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 21
Mikedepaz
December 10, 2016, 5:45pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 5 hours 36 minutes
Price versus content of stuff is always been an issue for the FAN FRIENDLY Box we were expecting. Adding fluff singles we own 30 times over is not Fan Friendly- more like filler. Lavish as the CD collection looks, it has a big price that fans feel a bit miffed more stuff could have been included that we all know is around. I know license things get in the way but BMG has controls of a great chunk of Erasure past.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 21
devoleb
December 11, 2016, 11:08am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
24 days 20 hours 7 minutes
....also I don't understand why the box-set is not more like the stuff at 'Until the Twelfth of Never'....that's really what most fans would like this to be like I think....loads of special stuff, very simple really.....all the ordinary songs and previous released mixes you can get many places. There are tons of cool Erasure stuff not seen nowhere...biiiig mystery to me it is, but maybe this box-set where meant to hit the wide numbers of music loving people out there and not just Erasure fans.....I know it's somekind of a crazy thought, but they could have released two box-sets. BOX-SET 1)  for new fans with all the singles and great remixes, and BOX-SET 2) for fans including all the rare stuff....would buy both anyway

....still I would have loved a LP/12" in this box-set with some speciel remixes/versions....also since the vinyl sale worldwide is raising (love vinyl)  

My 'Here I Go Impossible' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56CSYAG8aw
My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
My 'I Lose Myself' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVtrcNpw94
My 'When A Lover Leaves You' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkYC6_en-E
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 21
Tin Soldier
December 11, 2016, 1:09pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Speaking of the devil...if there was anything that would get James to come out of his crypt, I would think it would be this.

Being in Facebook limbo as I still am, has anyone here who's still in UEC seen him complain lately?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 21
Mikedepaz
December 11, 2016, 1:59pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Speaking of the devil...if there was anything that would get James to come out of his crypt, I would think it would be this.

Being in Facebook limbo as I still am, has anyone here who's still in UEC seen him complain lately?

He has taken a chill pill. He has mellowed like fine wine. I have on occasions talked to him but has no intensions of revisiting this project for all the retribution he got from people.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 21
Tin Soldier
December 11, 2016, 4:30pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
When I returned to the world, and joined UEC, he had apparently been in hibernation until I recklessly invoked his name, and he appeared like a spectre. I assumed this box might have woke him from his slumber to beset Erasure fans again.

Yes, I miss him.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 8 - 21
Mikedepaz
December 11, 2016, 9:10pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
James Collection would have been amazing in the Box Set. That was Fan Friendly and more

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 21
glazball
December 14, 2016, 4:37am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Recap of Goofs and Duplicates in From Moscow to Mars:

-From Vince & Andy With Love bonus downloads
Dreamlike State (7" Alternative Mix) - listed as previously unavailable but is actually 12 Hour Technicolour Mix
Sacred (Chris Cox Dub Mix) - listed as previously unavailable but is actually Chris Cox Dub

-Singles 1-3
single mix names not listed
mastering on Make it Wonderful, Sacred and possibly others unfixed (still loud and clipped)
omits singles: WNLLT (Hamburg Mix), Oh L'amour (August Mix), Always (2009 Mix), Phantom Bride (2009), A Little Respect (HMI Redux) and Sometimes (2015 Mix)
Heavenly Action - album version instead of Single Edit
It Doesn't Have To Be - album version included instead of Single Edit
All This Time Still Falling Out of Love - album version included instead of Original Mix
Elevation (Single Version) - mastering error clips beginning of song by 1-2 seconds

-Andy Bell
Fill Us With Fire - duplicate from Singles 3
Here I Go Impossible Again - duplicate from Singles 3 (though his is the album version)
Boy (Acoustic) - duplicate from Singles 3

-Rare and Unreleased
Worlds on Fire (Demo) - listed as previously unavailable but was included in Pop! Treasure as Worlds on Fire (Alternative Lyrics)

ALR, Always, Blue Savannah, Love To Hate You, Boy, A Whole Lotta Love Run Riot, I Could Fall in Love With You and Tenderest Moments all make 3 appearances (in different forms) across the audio discs.  However, Star - the fun song that inspires the whole theme - is only represented once on CD (Singles 1).

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 21
kwerty
December 14, 2016, 1:02pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 days 22 hours 5 minutes
Well, I don't agree that all of of those things you listed are 'goofs' - new mixes of mainly just singles isn't a goof, it's just your opinion that you'd like mixes of something else for example.

Likewise, not including literally ALL the singes isn't a goof either - this anthology isn't meant to be a collection of EVERYTHING and I'm sure they chose to not include those things.

However, if it WAS going to literally include all the singles, can I suggest "A Little Respect - HMIi Redux" should be added to your list?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 21
Mikedepaz
December 14, 2016, 2:54pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from kwerty

However, if it WAS going to literally include all the singles, can I suggest "A Little Respect - HMIi Redux" should be added to your list?

technically done for Charity but they should have included it, they plenty of space.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 21
kwerty
December 14, 2016, 3:00pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 days 22 hours 5 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz

technically done for Charity but they should have included it, they plenty of space.

I know, and I totally understand (and agree with) leaving it off for that very reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 21
glazball
December 14, 2016, 5:06pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
kwerty, you are right and I hesitated to include that mention about remixes.  I will remove it.  I guess I just find it frustrating that we can't get mixes of songs that haven't already been mixed to death.  I suppose I should file that in the "Complaints" department

Re: ALR (HMI Redux) - as Mike said it should not be included as it was for charity.  I would have liked it included, but it wouldn't be right.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 21
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Compilations    From Moscow To Mars An Erasure Anthology (2016)  ›  Least Favourite Aspect Of The Box Set?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Thread Tags
Moscow,  Mars,  Box