I have returned  This thread currently has 1,828 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
DOAnumberouno
October 26, 2016, 5:07pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
5 minutes
Somebody stole my old screen name, so I figured I'd show up after the sad passing of the greatest artist ever, Pete Burns.  You all know Vince Clarke couldn't hold Pete's codpiece, right?
Logged Offline
Private Message
luminous786
October 26, 2016, 6:00pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 20 hours 46 minutes
Quoted from DOAnumberouno
Somebody stole my old screen name, so I figured I'd show up after the sad passing of the greatest artist ever, Pete Burns.  You all know Vince Clarke couldn't hold Pete's codpiece, right?

Ha! You're funny.  This says it all

http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/28630/dead-or-alive/

vs.

http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/23453/erasure/
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 15
DOAnumberouno
October 26, 2016, 9:02pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
5 minutes
So according to your perception, the golden arches are superior art to the Venus De Milo..because more of the style vanquished un-scrubbed masses gaze upon them with their tasteless eyes?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 15
luminous786
October 27, 2016, 4:36am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 20 hours 46 minutes
So according to your perception, the golden arches are superior art to the Venus De Milo..because more of the style vanquished un-scrubbed masses gaze upon them with their tasteless eyes?

Not quite - it's just better music.  Sure Dead or Alive had its place, but I view Erasure as timeless.  What they have created is truly special as evidenced by their longevity.  7 albums vs. 16 and counting.....  We are all incredibly lucky.  And to think I posted on a previous iteration of this forum that I was worried that they were calling it quits after releasing 'Erasure.'  I was so wrong!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 15
Pughie
October 27, 2016, 4:38am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 19 hours 48 minutes

So what was your old screen name ?

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 15
devoleb
October 27, 2016, 6:30am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
25 days 2 hours 42 minutes

...does there not excist any Dead or Alive forums  

My 'Here I Go Impossible' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56CSYAG8aw
My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
My 'I Lose Myself' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVtrcNpw94
My 'When A Lover Leaves You' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkYC6_en-E
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 15
Tin Soldier
October 29, 2016, 3:14am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
This is hilarious.

DOA, do you think this is still erasure.com??? (DOA was a thorn in our side there)  

I'm afraid you won't change any minds now, nor did you then. You're lucky Mark is more tolerant than I as far as moderators go, too.  

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 15
Tin Soldier
October 29, 2016, 8:50pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Speaking of erasure.com, I still wonder what happened to Yorge.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 7 - 15
Mikedepaz
October 30, 2016, 1:18am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
Who owned this domain name Erasure.com?

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 15
Tin Soldier
October 30, 2016, 8:27am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
You don't remember, or are you asking for the benefit of others who don't know? (I remember this being a hot topic in the Wonderland/ISISIS days)

Anyhow, It's apparently still James Beltran, aka "Really Evil James" to some.  

For those who don't recall, .com was the original forum (non-mailing list), but it was viewed by many on Wonderland/ISISIS as a leverage tactic against Mute and V&A by a cybersquatter, and given a wide berth by several list members (I thought Uncle Mike was one of them?). The thing was, forums were coming into their own then, and while some remained loyal to the lists, forums became a bigger draw (as Facebook groups have eclipsed forums now...according to some).

Eventually, erasure.org became the "kosher" fan-run alternative, but then it became obvious that an official one would be successful too, and EIS hosted their own with Greg as Admin at erasureinfo.com. All three ran for a time, with help from yours truly, before James took down the .com forum (despite my pleas), Dave became swamped and couldn't continue with .org (He offered it to me, but I couldn't handle it at the time, and so (less) Evil James just uses the url redirect to his own site - where a memorial to Twelfth Of Never is still hosted), and, after my own very ill-timed sabbatical, erasureinfo apparently imploded due to infighting.

Obviously, Mark stepped up to the plate and filled the void. We should all be thankful.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 15
Pughie
October 30, 2016, 4:59pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
You don't remember, or are you asking for the benefit of others who don't know? (I remember this being a hot topic in the Wonderland/ISISIS days)

Anyhow, It's apparently still James Beltran, aka "Really Evil James" to some.  

For those who don't recall, .com was the original forum (non-mailing list), but it was viewed by many on Wonderland/ISISIS as a leverage tactic against Mute and V&A by a cybersquatter, and given a wide berth by several list members (I thought Uncle Mike was one of them?). The thing was, forums were coming into their own then, and while some remained loyal to the lists, forums became a bigger draw (as Facebook groups have eclipsed forums now...according to some).

Eventually, erasure.org became the "kosher" fan-run alternative, but then it became obvious that an official one would be successful too, and EIS hosted their own with Greg as Admin at erasureinfo.com. All three ran for a time, with help from yours truly, before James took down the .com forum (despite my pleas), Dave became swamped and couldn't continue with .org (He offered it to me, but I couldn't handle it at the time, and so (less) Evil James just uses the url redirect to his own site - where a memorial to Twelfth Of Never is still hosted), and, after my own very ill-timed sabbatical, erasureinfo apparently imploded due to infighting.

Obviously, Mark stepped up to the plate and filled the void. We should all be thankful.

I wanted the eis forum to continue as it was a vast wealth of info an archive of Erasure goodness,but sadly after asking to take over the old forum it was deemed that i wasn't good enough,so formed the Erasure4rum as a direct answer to the demise of the old one,but alas FaceBook seems to cover the instant fix for erasure fans but i prefer and hope other people also prefer the more archival nature of this 4rum.

The old forum did implode due to the vast amount of trolling activity making apt of infighting the norm,but here hopefully we have that under control,any forms of trolling behaviour is swiftly taken care of,i want this to be a safe haven for Erasure fans to chat and have good discussions sometimes heated thats fine,but we will NOT tolerate trolls coming in and deliberately causing friction.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 15
Tin Soldier
October 30, 2016, 11:39pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
As it should be.

Incidentally, when was the last time Richard answered the question of when the official forum was coming back?

Is he even still saying that it will someday?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 11 - 15
Pughie
October 31, 2016, 6:19am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
As it should be.

Incidentally, when was the last time Richard answered the question of when the official forum was coming back?

Is he even still saying that it will someday?

He will never bring it back

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 15
Tin Soldier
November 2, 2016, 4:21am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
It would seem that way, but, our opinions aside, I'm specifically asking what his last response was to that question, and when.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 13 - 15
Mikedepaz
November 2, 2016, 5:34am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
It would seem that way, but, our opinions aside, I'm specifically asking what his last response was to that question, and when.

Pretty much when he closed the forum on the EIS site. He gave little room for a transition and Mark took the bull by the horns and has been doing a dandy job over here with no help from the official side, only some love and small mentions from time to time.

Having to deal with Forum issues was too much for Richard to deal with and it will never return over there.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    General Boards    Erasure Fans  ›  I have returned

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread