Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
VINYL reissues
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  VINYL reissues
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

VINYL reissues  This thread currently has 19,431 views. Print
16 Pages « ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Tin Soldier
January 18, 2017, 11:50pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
Your ESP is improving.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 225 - 236
Mikedepaz
January 19, 2017, 5:42am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Your ESP is improving.

It's more of a friendly doctrine that is always reminded once this SUBJECT comes up. It fades pretty quickly once the subject fades to black.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 226 - 236
Tin Soldier
January 19, 2017, 4:07pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
You must be closing your eyes, because it never goes away. Not even while you sleep. The day will come. I have prophesied it.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 227 - 236
DaveKCMO
February 13, 2017, 2:57am Report to Moderator

Power. Generation.
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
92 days 9 hours 31 minutes
has anyone received their US reissue of circus? my wonderland arrived, but the the circus was moved to a separate order and now says "out of stock" on the sound stage direct website.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 228 - 236
Tin Soldier
February 13, 2017, 7:23am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I was told that since my order was placed before the title went out of stock, it was held aside. I opted for the lower cost of having them shipped together, so I am now paying the price for being so frugal.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 229 - 236
Tin Soldier
February 24, 2017, 11:31pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from DaveKCMO
has anyone received their US reissue of circus? my wonderland arrived, but the the circus was moved to a separate order and now says "out of stock" on the sound stage direct website.

Yes, that is still shown here: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/erasure-the-circus-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

But the news is more dire now.

In an email cancelling The Circus for me, and offering the BMG release as a substitution, Soundstage say they have now heard from Intervention that The Circus will not be available for pre-order.

Reading this, I immediately went to the Intervention site, and see The Circus is no longer mentioned on their index page. I went to their Facebook, and there's no mention of any cancellation. It's like they wish to pretend the title was never planned or offered

However, having saved the link, proof they had is still hosted there:

http://www.interventionrecords.com/titles/?t=the-circus

Adding it to their cart via their own link: https://intervention-records.myshopify.com/collections/lps/products/erasure-the-circus generates a 404 error.

From the reseller links there, Acoustic Sounds is the only retailer that seems to have kept a listing as if it will come into stock at some point.

In the end, I now wonder if the Wonderland sales had some impact on this, and they cancelled it outright.

Still, whatever the reason, to not address it, and pretend it never happened is not the act of a respectable business.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 230 - 236
DaveKCMO
February 25, 2017, 11:36pm Report to Moderator

Power. Generation.
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
i received the same email. guess i'll just have to listen to my other three vinyl copies (original Sire, German DMM, BMG reissue)...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 231 - 236
PolarPiano
February 28, 2017, 4:45am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 20 hours 18 minutes
So, I've just ordered the new album on vinyl. Usually I buy CDs but for some strange reason I thought 'why not try vinyl this time around'. So, this got me thinking with all these reissues - is it really worthwhile to get them, I mean are there any differences in sound compared to the original CDs for example? Or is it more of a collector's item? My ears aren't probably good enough to really hear the fine differences in sound and I dare say my turntable isn't really of the highest quality. Any thoughts on this?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 232 - 236
Tin Soldier
February 28, 2017, 5:26am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Not read anything touting that the vinyl version being specially mastered for it. It's also not 180 gram (that I've seen).

It's nice to have, and will have the larger art. I like it for those reasons.

Still, keep in mind FLAC download codes are supposed to be inside these issues; even the cassette, so don't freak out too much about not having a good copy; you will.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 233 - 236
PolarPiano
February 28, 2017, 5:49am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 20 hours 18 minutes
Thanks and yes, the FLAC option actually made me buy the vinyl. I might get my favourite albums on vinyl and see how I go. I like the idea of having the nice artwork and "something" in my hands so to speak. I don't really get the point of the cassette though, that must be really just a collector's item. Although... two kids trying to figure out how to use a walkman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fK7N3QPIAc
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 234 - 236
Tin Soldier
February 28, 2017, 6:07am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Like I said in the WBG thread, there are the Millennial Hipsters and the genuine 80s nostalgists, and both would be interested in this. Lately, MUTE has been doing cassettes for bands like ACR, and in the vein of being an Indie label, as others have done these as well for that hipster market.

Here, though, I think there's two birds being hit with one stone. I think the scales tip to the 80s nostalgists when you think of all the cover art aspects harkening back to Erasure's early era.

What interests me is how much the production run is/was for the cassette. I wonder how much faith they have in the format this time out.

As for that vid, those kids were given a mediocre mid-range model. I'd never let them touch my Super Walkmans.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 235 - 236
DaveKCMO
March 1, 2017, 3:26am Report to Moderator

Power. Generation.
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from PolarPiano
So, I've just ordered the new album on vinyl. Usually I buy CDs but for some strange reason I thought 'why not try vinyl this time around'. So, this got me thinking with all these reissues - is it really worthwhile to get them, I mean are there any differences in sound compared to the original CDs for example? Or is it more of a collector's item? My ears aren't probably good enough to really hear the fine differences in sound and I dare say my turntable isn't really of the highest quality. Any thoughts on this?

The BMG reissues are disappointing (one arrived with a peeling disc label, two others are "dirty" -- lots of pops and cracks for a brand new record). It's nice to have the albums that were never issued on vinyl (Loveboat, LATEOTW, Union Street), but I have other (better sounding) copies of Wonderland, Circus, Innocents, Chorus, etc.

The Mute reissues (Snow Globe and Tomorrow's World) sound/look great.

But, yeah, you buy these because you either really like listening to vinyl or you're a collector (I'm both).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 236 - 236
16 Pages « ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  VINYL reissues

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread