Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
VINYL reissues
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  VINYL reissues
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

VINYL reissues  This thread currently has 19,432 views. Print
16 Pages « ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » All Recommend Thread
DaveKCMO
December 22, 2016, 3:44pm Report to Moderator

Power. Generation.
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
92 days 9 hours 31 minutes
Received my non-BMG copy of Wonderland yesterday. The unique outer sleeve makes for a very glossy front with a matte back (and thicker cardboard). The inner sleeve is only a thicker transparent poly, so nothing printed. While the remastering was done by Intervention Records, the copyright is for Warner Bros Records (US) with it being "manufactured by Rhino Entertainment Company" in the USA.

As others mentioned, it does seem odd to give the release a 60s-era package, but it's a nice addition for collectors (and sounds much better than the BMG version, not sure yet how it compares to my original Sire release).

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 210 - 236
Tin Soldier
December 22, 2016, 4:51pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
Technically, it's from the same US master as the Sire release, so it couldn't possibly sound worse. As I said before, it seems Mute may not be involved at all.

Not to become a broken record(!), but "Restored cover art" gives me a laugh, as this LP never had that jacket before. They seem to be applying a general formula to their releases on the basis of them mostly being 60s/70s releases. That's makes this release come off as if they aren't even paying attention, and perhaps didn't even source a copy of the original US or UK pressings. No picture inner sleeve is an amazing misstep here, and does put this more in the capitalization on what recordings they can obtain, than a true reissue trying to emulate the original, or surpass it.

Of course, despite all the flaws, sound matters most. Let's hope this and The Circus were worth the effort on that front (not gotten mine ye, obviously).

Incidentally, do most feel the original US Sire pressings sound worse, same, or better than the original Mute ones? A natural inclination would be to feel that a second copy of the master wouldn't reproduce as well as the original, but remastering, and perhaps pressing quality might have made a difference. Frankly, Japanese vinyl sounded better to me than European, and US below that, but for all I know, Alfa, Pony Canyon, etc never had the quality of masters that the US labels received.

Just curious what the consensus was...if there is one.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 211 - 236
DaveKCMO
December 22, 2016, 8:15pm Report to Moderator

Power. Generation.
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
92 days 9 hours 31 minutes
They also used the Mute center label instead of the Sire one. I have another 2016 Warner Brothers reissue (Madonna) and it uses the Sire label. Discogs doesn't show an inner sleeve for the US release. Are we sure there was one?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 212 - 236
Cesar
January 6, 2017, 8:41pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 10 hours 14 minutes

Private Message Reply: 213 - 236
Cesar
January 16, 2017, 9:16pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 10 hours 14 minutes
Quoted Text
@lexermusic: #Erasure30 Super Bundle of all 13 BMG LPs now available at big discount plus with free postage! @erasureinfo @bmguk http://www.lexermusic.com/erasure-30

[lexermusic.com] Erasure 30 - Super Vinyl Bundle - (13 x Heavyweight Vinyl LPs) - FREE SHIPPING GLOBALLY

César

Private Message Reply: 214 - 236
Tin Soldier
January 16, 2017, 11:12pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Pretty fair price...AND you still get the art cards.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 215 - 236
Mikedepaz
January 17, 2017, 2:19am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
They always at beginning made it sound like this was a limited run with prints. now they pull this bundle crap off and it makes you not want to pre order anymore

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 216 - 236
Tin Soldier
January 17, 2017, 2:26am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Well, it's not as if anyone only came to that realization now. The releases were retail issue. The only incentive of pre-order was the cards.

Same with FMTM. We're partly to blame if we don't fully see what it is we're laying out cash for.

Still, Richard might have gotten a tad singed while flying close to the sun of deception. One can go back through the newsletters to see for certain.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 217 - 236
Mikedepaz
January 17, 2017, 2:33am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
But where does one draw the line on a better deal. before or after? If you don't do it before, you stand a chance to miss out like the Sometimes CD single, but if you wait, you still get a Great deal and cheaper shipping charges that makes it worthwhile versus multiple times getting hit up for shipping

Then again no one forces anyone to buy.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 218 - 236
Tin Soldier
January 17, 2017, 2:51am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I'm not sure the Sometimes 2015 CD5" is a good analogy here. It wasn't so easy to glom when it came out due to a limited run. It had rarity ascribed to it early on.

That aside, being first usually incurs a cost people have come to expect to pay. We know quite well some of us in the E-Community have the disposable income to buy first and ask whether it was worth it later. That fact means there's always going to be some sales early on.

With this, in case I didn't make it apparent in earlier posts to this thread, these releases could be had at better prices than the pre-order; sans art cards, of course. I felt pretty confident that would influence Lexer's price later on, as we saw with VF LPs, though whether the cards would still be available was up in the air.

Overall, it's none too surprising. I can't fault Lexer. They are still the best place to go to lock in releases. I wouldn't point the magnifying glass here compared to FMTM. That was a release that was touted far more by some as exclusive although still evident as not being so with retail packaging.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 219 - 236
Pughie
January 17, 2017, 5:02pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 17 hours 8 minutes
Vinyl at Lexer is selling out fast only a few bundles still available,certain titles have sold out though others in same bundles haven't so it's best to check which copies you need before they run out,plus bundles have been dropped in price from between £4-6

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 220 - 236
devoleb
January 17, 2017, 5:19pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
25 days 2 hours 42 minutes
If Vince & Andy were and could be 100% in charge with selling stuff I think things were done slightly different, but again it's record companies trying to make money so surely they are not (always) looking with the fans eyes. I still am happy that I've bought the albums lot by lot.....I've been slow sometimes and did miss some few releases and now they are costing a fortune if you wanna buy 'em  

My 'Here I Go Impossible' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56CSYAG8aw
My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
My 'I Lose Myself' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVtrcNpw94
My 'When A Lover Leaves You' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkYC6_en-E
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 221 - 236
Mikedepaz
January 18, 2017, 2:37am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Now they should focus on 7" and 12 singles not issued on vinyl  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 222 - 236
Tin Soldier
January 18, 2017, 3:02pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Hmm...I have some ideas if they're listening.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 223 - 236
Mikedepaz
January 18, 2017, 11:12pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tin Soldier
Hmm...I have some ideas if they're listening.  

Let me guess, it involves picture disc  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 224 - 236
16 Pages « ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  VINYL reissues

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread