Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Always-The Very Best Of Erasure
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    Always-The Very Best Of Erasure (2015)  ›  Always-The Very Best Of Erasure
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Always-The Very Best Of Erasure  This thread currently has 14,474 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
September 4, 2015, 5:47pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
149 days 16 hours 19 minutes
In October we will release a brand new version of 'Sometimes' - rebooted for 2015 in a new mix by David Wrench (who has also mixed all sorts of artists including Hot Chip, Jamie XX and Caribou) - as a single on CD and via download featuring some new remixes alongside some interesting material from the vaults, and that single will precede the release of a new 3-CD compilation 'Always - The Very Best of Erasure' which will be available in a special hardback book format featuring a selection of the band's singles from 1985 to today (that disc will also be available as a single CD compilation album in standard Digipak packaging) alongside two further discs of remixes - including some new remixes, some classic remixes and some rare remixes from the depths of the archives.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Online
Private Message
kwerty
September 4, 2015, 6:15pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 14 hours 39 minutes
Quoted from Pughie
... featuring a selection of the band's singles from 1985 to today (that disc will also be available as a single CD compilation album in standard Digipak packaging)

If I'm interpreting that correctly, disc one is basically a greatest hits CD? Again?

Maybe they'll be in a different order this time around.

...cynicism aside, I'm actually looking forward this - especially the two discs of new and rare remixes in the hardback book. But I do love remixes.

Bringing my cynicism back for a moment: I've a feeling the second two CD will mainly be full of previously released remixes and 12" versions with a mixture of 4 or 5 'rare' mixes and new mixes ('rare' still means previously released right?). But I hope I'm wrong.

In some ways it seems to be the equivalent of DM's remix albums.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 140
B2D2
September 4, 2015, 6:24pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 19 hours 41 minutes
aside of a b-sides album, i think we're pretty much getting what is expected from an anthology eh? plus a sometimes reboot! yay! i hope the box set is all remastered albums up to at least up to cowboy

it's beginning to sound a lot like erasure!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 140
Danger
September 4, 2015, 8:10pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 9 hours 5 minutes
I hope at least in a live CD, while the other 2 discs (remixes and mutilated collection) were quite obvious.
I'd have preferred a bside collection and goin' on with the reissues, but anyway good news today.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 3 - 140
AIRAZUR
September 4, 2015, 8:38pm Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
32 days 16 hours 21 minutes
The remix essence of theses releases is clearly targeted to the club scene rather than on the fans solely (who, llike me, would have preferred live or B-sides material)
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 140
B2D2
September 4, 2015, 11:57pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 19 hours 41 minutes
I hope the reboot stays true to original, but pumped up a bit  would love some new club mixes!

it's beginning to sound a lot like erasure!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 140
MikeyC
September 5, 2015, 2:57am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 21 hours 58 minutes
I'm also a bit cynical regarding the remixes... This is supposed to be a 30th anniversary celebration of E -- yet a remix is the vision of that particular remixer. Would rather see more raritiesand live tracks. Although if V & A and longtime collaborators like Gareth did new extended remixes, that would be fun.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 140
Simmo
September 5, 2015, 5:43am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
15 days 10 hours 23 minutes
I don't really think this release is aimed at fans at all, although I am still looking forward to it. What I am most excited about is the 2016 'fan friendly' box set and reissues Greg mentions in the email.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 140
kwerty
September 5, 2015, 8:24am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Simmo
I don't really think this release is aimed at fans at all

Certainly I don't think the standard one-disc release will be for fans really; I'm guessing it's just an updated version of "Hits! The Very Best of Erasure" (it's pretty much the same name!)

But the 3 disc hardback book edition will be much more for fans I think - even if it ends up being mainly made up of "classic" standard 12" versions/remixes, I'm sure there are a few fans who didn't get the box sets. But add to that the promise of "some new remixes... and some rare remixes from the depths of the archives" then that to me makes it more appealing, especially if it favours more of the 'new and rare' than the 'classic'.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 140
Greg
September 5, 2015, 6:13pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 hours 37 minutes
Quoted from Simmo
I don't really think this release is aimed at fans at all, although I am still looking forward to it. What I am most excited about is the 2016 'fan friendly' box set and reissues Greg mentions in the email.

I think by that you mean "Richard mentions in the email"
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 140
Pughie
September 10, 2015, 3:33pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
149 days 16 hours 19 minutes
Official tracklisting available for pre order from Lexer album released on 30th October 2015

CD1 Track Listing
Who Needs Love Like That
Oh L’amour
Sometimes
Victim Of Love
The Circus
Ship Of Fools
Chains Of Love
A Little Respect
Stop!
Drama!
Blue Savannah
Chorus
Love To Hate You
Take A Chance On Me
Always
Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day)
Breathe
Be With You
Elevation
Sometimes – 2015 Mix
CD2 Track Listing
Who Needs Love Like That – Mexican Mix
Oh L’amour – PWL Funky Sisters Say ‘Ooh La La’
The Circus – Eternal Eraser Mix
A Little Respect – Big Train Remix
Stop! – Vince Clarke Sync 82 Remix
Blue Savannah – Der Deutsche Mix II
Chorus – Vegan Mix
Love To Hate You – LFO Modulated Filter Mix
Always - Microbots Inside Your Brain Mix
Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer’s Day) – Tin Tin Out Remix
Breathe – GRN Remix
Elevation – BT Remix
CD3 Track Listing
Victim Of Love – Vixen Vitesse Remix
Chains Of Love – Vince Clarke Remix
Drama! – Krucial Remix
You Surround Me – Mark Saunders Remix
Star – Interstella Mix
Am I Right – The Grid Remix
Run To The Sun – Beatmasters’ Galactic Remix
In My Arms – BBE Remix
Freedom – Mark Pichiotti Strumapella Remix
Be With You – Starshapes Remix
Sometimes – Erasure & Flood Mix
Catalogue Number: LCDMUTEL26
Bar Code: 4050538170986
Label: Mute/BMG
Release Date: Friday, 30th October 2015

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 10 - 140
Mikedepaz
September 10, 2015, 5:09pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 days 6 hours 15 minutes
Wow so BMG may have influenced this track listing.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 140
kwerty
September 10, 2015, 5:15pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Wow so BMG may have influenced this track listing.

Of course. it'll be WHY there's this new compilation in the first place. BMG acquired the publishing rights and now they want to try and profit from that. They can't do that with sales of old CDs of 'Hits!' or 'Total Pop' so they need a new one out on the marketplace.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 140
Mikedepaz
September 10, 2015, 5:27pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 days 6 hours 15 minutes
Quoted from kwerty

Of course. it'll be WHY there's this new compilation in the first place. BMG acquired the publishing rights and now they want to try and profit from that. They can't do that with sales of old CDs of 'Hits!' or 'Total Pop' so they need a new one out on the marketplace.

Correct but common sense would say- Hay, what is a true well balance compilation that covers this time period. The Compilation Mark did is far superior to this. This looks like it was hashed in some back room and really not done with any focus group study.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 140
kwerty
September 10, 2015, 6:02pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

Correct but common sense would say- Hay, what is a true well balance compilation that covers this time period. The Compilation Mark did is far superior to this. This looks like it was hashed in some back room and really not done with any focus group study.

What exactly did you expect it be though? Let's face it - Erasure are pretty insignificant after 'Pop 20 Hits'. Most people probably don't even know they're still around and doing new material.

The point of a 'Best Of' or a 'Hits' album isn't to represent the things most people have never heard. It's to represent the things that they have. It's not a release for fans. It's not supposed to be a 'balanced' compilation - it's a compilation of the best and most well-know songs. I wouldn't have been surprised if there wasn't anything after 'Breathe' there at all.

As for the choice of remixes - they were always going to be remixes that have been released before. Would picking different versions have made a difference?

And what would a focus group achieve?! Apart from find out that everyone likes 'A Little Respect' best?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 140
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    Always-The Very Best Of Erasure (2015)  ›  Always-The Very Best Of Erasure

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread