Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
The Wild! Party September 1st 1990
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    The Wild Tour (1990)  ›  The Wild! Party September 1st 1990
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Wild! Party September 1st 1990  This thread currently has 1,891 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
September 1, 2015, 8:09am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
150 days 11 hours 24 minutes
25 years ago Erasure played their biggest gig to 60,000 fans at The Milton Keynes Bowl here's the full gig

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=e3lcKHuFsX4

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mikedepaz
September 1, 2015, 2:38pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 days 13 hours 12 minutes
This was the zenith of Erasure. You knew this was the top of the mountain in their careers as Erasure. It had everything- music, costumes, lights, alien stage and the WOW FACTOR!

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 33
Pughie
September 1, 2015, 5:55pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
This was the zenith of Erasure. You knew this was the top of the mountain in their careers as Erasure. It had everything- music, costumes, lights, alien stage and the WOW FACTOR!

this was by far the biggest gig ever,but there have also been other career highs like the Royal Albert Hall gig,the TOTPs 2 Erasure Special.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 33
Hergallego
September 1, 2015, 6:44pm Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 7 hours 3 minutes
Quoted from Pughie

this was by far the biggest gig ever,but there have also been other career highs like the Royal Albert Hall gig,the TOTPs 2 Erasure Special.

Don't forget, the 50,000 people at Velez Sarsfield Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 33
Mikedepaz
September 1, 2015, 10:54pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

I will put like this, this is the top of mountain moment in which all album were selling big, they just closed 101 global shows , massive chart success singles and albums globally. The may have had other success later but at this moment. Everything eas clicking perfect for Erasure around the globe. This concert sealed that moment until they moved on to other great moments as well.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 33
Pughie
September 1, 2016, 5:54am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
26 years ago!!

Hideaway
http://youtu.be/EAyGol_SbSg

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 33
Mikedepaz
September 1, 2016, 12:59pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Such a great show. Another Mute blunder.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 33
little_shane
March 21, 2017, 2:47pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 hours 42 minutes
hi  does any one have a spare ticket stub of the erasure milton keynes bowl 1990 ..

im willing to trade or buy
please message me
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 33
luminous786
March 21, 2017, 5:32pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 20 hours 18 minutes
Really this was the zenith?  I thought the Phantasmagorical Show was way better.  They didn't sell out stadiums, but I always viewed that tour as the very peak of Erasure favorability.  Not touring for I Say x 3 started the downfall as that album lent itself to a rather imaginative tour had they chosen to do so.  Andy's voice was also in top form for that album.  What could have been.....
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 33
mr first
March 21, 2017, 6:52pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 4 hours 11 minutes
It's my best personal memory of erasure the whole day the crowd the vast size of the stage it might not have the theatrics of the PE tour but the energy of andy that day was unbelievable,totally agree with you about not touring  I say x 3 I believe that was the reason in record sales dropping
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 33
Pat.2000
March 22, 2017, 4:20pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 9 hours 47 minutes
This was live on Radio 1 as well, I had a great quality tape, although Radio 1 had not long gone to FM stereo which was pretty ropey.

I recall Gary Davies reporting on the ''very risque'' costumes.

Great days eh!

Vince also looked a bit like both Norman Cook & Adamski at his keyboard......

Live classic synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.

https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 33
Dunc
March 22, 2017, 8:33pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
14 days 1 hours 33 minutes
It was truly a magical day and night. From the journey down on the coach to gettingĀ there and my first ever "massive" outdoor concert, seeing the crowd just grow and grow, the electric atmosphere, some great support from Was Not Was, the deafening, thunderous "Killer" by Adamski and then those wonderful scenes looking back over my shoulder as the skies fell dark to witness a glowing, florescent mass of bodies and the atmosphere crackling with pure excitement waiting for V&A to come onto stage, the wedding march that signalled the band coming out in a torrent of noise, the fireworks going off in "Star",the gut wrench when Andy told us all that he'd see us all again "in a few years" but i came away from that night in an absolute state of euphoria.
Honestly, it was absolutely brilliant. Without doubt, the greatest single Erasure event that I've had the privilege of attending. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering!
It seems unreal that all these years later that I'm still getting so,so much pleasure from this band. How very, very lucky we all are!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 33
mr first
March 22, 2017, 8:52pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 4 hours 11 minutes
Don't forget those huge Roman candles during oh lamour and I also remember Vince whacking an extra note on his drum thingys on the middle 8 of stop with a huge smile on his face as if he was so happy the tour had finally finished
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 33
Pat.2000
March 22, 2017, 9:14pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 9 hours 47 minutes
Set list was pretty spot on too.

Heart of Stone!

Live classic synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.

https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 33
MikeyC
March 22, 2017, 11:25pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 2 hours 7 minutes
Quoted from Dunc
It was truly a magical day and night. From the journey down on the coach to gettingĀ there and my first ever "massive" outdoor concert, seeing the crowd just grow and grow, the electric atmosphere, some great support from Was Not Was, the deafening, thunderous "Killer" by Adamski and then those wonderful scenes looking back over my shoulder as the skies fell dark to witness a glowing, florescent mass of bodies and the atmosphere crackling with pure excitement waiting for V&A to come onto stage, the wedding march that signalled the band coming out in a torrent of noise, the fireworks going off in "Star",the gut wrench when Andy told us all that he'd see us all again "in a few years" but i came away from that night in an absolute state of euphoria.
Honestly, it was absolutely brilliant. Without doubt, the greatest single Erasure event that I've had the privilege of attending. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering!
It seems unreal that all these years later that I'm still getting so,so much pleasure from this band. How very, very lucky we all are!

Thanks for posting your exciting, detail-filled memory! I feel like I was there! (My first live E experience was Phantasmagorical Entertainment on Halloween in NYC!)  
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 14 - 33
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    The Wild Tour (1990)  ›  The Wild! Party September 1st 1990

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread