Nightbird B-sides  This thread currently has 737 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Timimakara
July 14, 2015, 10:12pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
13 hours 55 minutes
Nightbird B-sides "Gone Crazy" and "Lie To Me" are so different from the mood of the whole album that one would like to know how these pieces came out together with those songs that were made onto the album.

Always curious to know something about the background of these songs which seem to continue more the line of Loveboat or the B-sides of "Solsbury Hill" ("Tell It To Me", "Searching") and "Oh L'Amour Remix" ("Love Me All Night Long", "Nothing Lasts Forever").

Not that the songs of Nightbird are bad at all. But something more elemental in the sense of what I take as true Erasure is manifested in these B-sides.

After all, one can put these 6 songs from about the same era together to make up half an album from an Erasure which is still much pleasure to listen to. Not all stuff that they have done after Nightbird is very satisfying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mikedepaz
July 15, 2015, 3:17am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 21 hours 4 minutes
I think what you have to love about Erasure is that Vince and Andy come up with a very diverse amount of songs. I'm sure there are more material that never was finished and left out. I would hope more Buried Treasure material will surface one day.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    Nightbird (2005)  ›  Nightbird B-sides

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread