Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Erasure-30th Anniversary Anthology
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Compilations    From Moscow To Mars An Erasure Anthology (2016)  ›  Erasure-30th Anniversary Anthology
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Erasure-30th Anniversary Anthology  This thread currently has 14,119 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
June 30, 2015, 9:54pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 11 hours 16 minutes
Looks like Andy has let the cat out of the bag by saying in a recent interview that for the 30th Erasure will release an anthology of their work.

Translate away-
http://m.excelsior.com.mx/funcion/2015/06/29/1031843

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
B2D2
July 1, 2015, 8:53pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 21 hours 28 minutes
yes! what does that mean exactly? love that he mentioned the new album for next year too

it's beginning to sound a lot like erasure!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 117
Pughie
July 1, 2015, 10:28pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 11 hours 16 minutes
An Anthology is a fancy way of saying a compilation! ,it could be anything not just hit singles,it could be b sides,live tracks,demos etc.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 117
chemicalboy
July 2, 2015, 3:44pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 21 hours 35 minutes
Quoted from Pughie
An Anthology is a fancy way of saying a compilation! ,it could be anything not just hit singles,it could be b sides,live tracks,demos etc.

Anthology is another phrase for 'Wallet Damage'.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 117
Danger
July 2, 2015, 3:52pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 17 hours 2 minutes
Too early for another compilation, TotalPop is still too updated... I hope at least in a remixed compilation or something similar...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 117
Sadie
July 2, 2015, 9:19pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 3 hours 33 minutes
Quoted from Danger
Too early for another compilation, TotalPop is still too updated... I hope at least in a remixed compilation or something similar...

you say its too early for another compilation but then ask for a remix or similar compilation?? If you mean another greatest hits then this isn't what Anthology means. It is a collection of material. From remixes, b-sides, new songs possibly, demos. Far from a GH release really isn't it. Do you realise what you say and write
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 117
ben
July 3, 2015, 12:14am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 39 minutes
Quoted from Sadie

you say its too early for another compilation but then ask for a remix or similar compilation?? If you mean another greatest hits then this isn't what Anthology means. It is a collection of material. From remixes, b-sides, new songs possibly, demos. Far from a GH release really isn't it. Do you realise what you say and write

A collection of material could well be yet another boring greatest hits release. Anyway chances are this will be a release of very little value to us. I have all the b-sides, am bored to death with lots of the  soulless remixes of recent times, don't think there are any interesting demos left. They might surprise us, but I keep my expectations low.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 117
Sadie
July 3, 2015, 8:31pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 3 hours 33 minutes
Quoted from ben

A collection of material could well be yet another boring greatest hits release. Anyway chances are this will be a release of very little value to us. I have all the b-sides, am bored to death with lots of the  soulless remixes of recent times, don't think there are any interesting demos left. They might surprise us, but I keep my expectations low.

fair enough
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 117
Mikedepaz
July 4, 2015, 2:43am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
I think that they should continue the remaster series of earlier albums with bonus material maybe on the second disc

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 117
Danger
July 6, 2015, 9:58pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 17 hours 2 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
I think that they should continue the remaster series of earlier albums with bonus material maybe on the second disc

This would sound sooo good, but unfortunately we know they're going to another GH direction... but I hope to be wrong

Quoted from Sadie

Do you realise what you say and write

Don't become offensive, dear Mr/Mrs Faultfinder, please ignore my posts instead to read & criticize everytime;)

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 117
Mikedepaz
July 7, 2015, 12:10am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Yes this is an open minded forum, we don't need to open critique something we don't like. Let's all be friends here, beside these are just little letters on a screen, the world has bigger issues more than this. this is suppose to pure entertainment for all and if we don't like it, just write another point of view.

Some views, sometimes are way out there but perhaps language issues don't get across exactly what you want to say in English and leads to misinterpret what you intended. Again let's all give a little respect to each other and continue to speak about our favorite band.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 117
MikeyC
July 8, 2015, 2:54am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
^ Indeed!! It's good time to remember how Andy once described a typical Erasure fan:

"Mad as a loon but wouldn't hurt a fly"!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 117
dayalet
July 8, 2015, 11:05am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I've seen online that Belinda Carlisle and Bananarama (as well as other 'vintage' artists) have Singles Box sets coming out (in the case of the Nanas with a load of previously unreleased and promo only versions)

While we've had the Singles Boxes in the past for Erasure, they've been out of print for years. And had quite notable omissions (US only mixes etc) ETA: The Nanas Box Set is 33 Discs-and only covers their London Years-I think an Erasure one would be about 60 if it included every single.... eek

Something along those lines would be amazing!

And so therefore will be the last thing we get!!! LOL

I just hope if it is merely another collection of what we already have-they put a bit of effort into making it really special. The Box Sets for the last three albums have been a real step in the right direction. I think even if its another 'Total Pop' style collection it may be a tough sell to both fans and casual listeners without 'something new' added-whether its reworked tracks, new tracks, exclusive packaging etc.

E-mail Reply: 12 - 117
Gareth Pugh
July 8, 2015, 8:34pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 22 hours 27 minutes
Quoted from 94

I just hope if it is merely another collection of what we already have-they put a bit of effort into making it really special. The Box Sets for the last three albums have been a real step in the right direction. I think even if its another 'Total Pop' style collection it may be a tough sell to both fans and casual listeners without 'something new' added-whether its reworked tracks, new tracks, exclusive packaging etc.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to finding out what the 'angle' on this compilation will be. On the  Official E Facebook page the mods (Richard EIS?) posted a week or two ago about digging through the archives to find stuff for a celebration of Erasure's 30 years, but whether that refers to compiling stuff for this anthology release or just a playlist for Soundcloud for the EIS to share a link to later in the year, maybe, I don't know.

It *did* include a link to stream 'Star (Trafalmadore Mix') - I wonder if what we might be getting could be an Erasure equivalent of a full 2 or 3 disc 'Greatest Mixes' collection - sure, they've done Total Pop! Remixed but not yet anything quite as wide and deep-delving as the 2 DM remix sets... We'll see!

And you're right dayalet - they'll no doubt be thinking of something added-value wise to incentivize the long-time hardcore fans who've got most of the stuff along the way. I remember thinking the Megamix bonus CD  on the limited edition of Hits! was essentially designed to play that role, sales-strategy-wise. On the DM
Remixes 81-11 set, the standard 2-disc set had all the vintage mixes, and (nearly) all the net-new commissions - including mixes from Alan Wilder and Vince - were on the extra, 3rd disc with the Deluxe edition. Again, something to  make it  worthwhile for the hardcore. We'll see!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 117
Mikedepaz
July 9, 2015, 6:26pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Im sure as we speak that this PRODUCTION is in the works. Perhaps the meeting recently with Vince and Andy was to iron out what they want in it. This literally needs to be rolling in manufacturing by August if they want a fall release. This covers a lot of things from material, art, production and delivery

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 117
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Compilations    From Moscow To Mars An Erasure Anthology (2016)  ›  Erasure-30th Anniversary Anthology

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread