Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fake promo?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    Tomorrow's World (2011)  ›  Fake promo?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Fake promo?  This thread currently has 3,796 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
devoleb
November 18, 2014, 8:38pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
24 days 21 hours 28 minutes

My 'Here I Go Impossible' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56CSYAG8aw
My 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozoXml76JU
My 'I Lose Myself' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVtrcNpw94
My 'When A Lover Leaves You' remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkYC6_en-E
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cesar
November 18, 2014, 10:54pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 7 hours 16 minutes
It's a fake promo CD, definitely. Just have a look at the design of the backcover and you'll see that columns of the tracklist aren't perfectly in line. Even worse, the seller thinks "Love Is Coming" is the name of a song, so he added "Extended Mix" to it. Another detail is that the catalogue number is "Mute470", where this is the kind of code Mute uses for 7" singles, not for a promo CD (it should be something like PCD Mute 470, for instance). There are more details (I don't remember a Mute promo CD with a white or black border on the cover, just to give you an example) but I think the ones I've mentioned are enough as to be certain it's a fake disk.

César

Private Message Reply: 1 - 40
Mikedepaz
November 19, 2014, 4:10am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 7 hours 11 minutes
Quoted from Cesar
It's a fake promo CD, definitely. Just have a look at the design of the backcover and you'll see that columns of the tracklist aren't perfectly in line. Even worse, the seller thinks "Love Is Coming" is the name of a song, so he added "Extended Mix" to it. Another detail is that the catalogue number is "Mute470", where this is the kind of code Mute uses for 7" singles, not for a promo CD (it should be something like PCD Mute 470, for instance). There are more details (I don't remember a Mute promo CD with a white or black border on the cover, just to give you an example) but I think the ones I've mentioned are enough as to be certain it's a fake disk.

César

Ahhhh, great detective work there my friend- the main clue- MUTE470 used on 7 inch singles by Mute. Fakers always mess up on some critical details that make them stand out. Sadly he will sell this to people who dont know these details.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 40
Twilight Plus
November 19, 2014, 10:23am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 49 minutes
You are all WRONG

This is not a fake. This is official Greek promo issued by EMI MUSIC Greece. They all have the same artwork/design like this - with black border around. They also use Mute 470 cat. number without any additional numbers/letters just because they collected all versions/mixes on one CD.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 40
Twilight Plus
November 19, 2014, 10:28am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 49 minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 40
Mikedepaz
November 19, 2014, 1:38pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Ok my question, why Greece? Did Mute have an agreement with EMI to distribute at this time? I thought this was dissolved? I would have thought Germany but not Greece.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 40
Cesar
November 19, 2014, 6:30pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Twilight Plus
You are all WRONG

Thanks for the clarification.
I still think it looks very cheap for being official... No wonder why some fake disks are mistakenly taken as genuine promos by some ebay buyers.

And, by the way, I think Erasure were with Mute in 2011, and that they were "independent" again, although EMI held Erasure's back catalogue. What sort of deal was there in place to have these promos released by EMI? I still don't get the full picture...

César

Private Message Reply: 6 - 40
Mikedepaz
November 19, 2014, 6:40pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Cesar

Thanks for the clarification.
I still think it looks very cheap for being official... No wonder why some fake disks are mistakenly taken as genuine promos by some ebay buyers.

And, by the way, I think Erasure was with Mute in 2011, and that they were "independent" again, although EMI held Erasure's back catalogue. What sort of deal was there in place to have these promos released by EMI? I still don't get the full picture...

César

This is what I ask as well. If no deal with EMI in place, why would Greece OF ALL PLACES, release something like this. Especially a country known for making bogus stuff. While it still is listed. I have my doubts that they would use a Mute Catalog number and not an EMI promo catalog number. I have seen OFFICIAL greek promo stuff that have a total different number from Mute.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 40
Cesar
November 20, 2014, 2:30am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
This is what I ask as well. If no deal with EMI in place, why would Greece OF ALL PLACES, release something like this. Especially a country known for making bogus stuff. While it still is listed. I have my doubts that they would use a Mute Catalog number and not an EMI promo catalog number. I have seen OFFICIAL greek promo stuff that have a total different number from Mute.

Sorry, I didn't read carefully and asked the same question.

César

Private Message Reply: 8 - 40
Twilight Plus
November 21, 2014, 7:49am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 49 minutes
In some countries Erasure was still with EMI in 2011. For example, 'Tomorrow's World' has been released in Australia by EMI Australia (with 1 bonus track).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 40
Pughie
November 21, 2014, 12:35pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 17 hours 51 minutes
Just as a warning there have also been a few Andy Bell/Shelter iPop promos for the single Beautiful & the album.

NO CD PROMOS whatsoever have been made for these releases,don't waste your money.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 40
Pughie
November 21, 2014, 9:13pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 17 hours 51 minutes

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 40
halloo9
November 22, 2014, 9:09am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
19 hours 36 minutes
isnt discogs.com like wikipedia, where anyone could add a release and let it look official?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 40
PolarPiano
November 22, 2014, 10:11am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 19 hours 29 minutes
Quoted from Twilight Plus
In some countries Erasure was still with EMI in 2011. For example, 'Tomorrow's World' has been released in Australia by EMI Australia (with 1 bonus track).

Are you really sure about this? I live in Australia and my copy which I obviously bought here didn't have a bonus track nor was it released by EMI Australia. Check this out for example: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/pop/tomorrows-world/288111/

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 40
Mikedepaz
November 22, 2014, 2:39pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from halloo9
isnt discogs.com like wikipedia, where anyone could add a release and let it look official?

I agree, its too open to be taken seriously

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 40
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    Tomorrow's World (2011)  ›  Fake promo?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread