Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Did Erasure have to pay Gloria Gaynor...
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    Chorus (1991)  ›  Did Erasure have to pay Gloria Gaynor...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Did Erasure have to pay Gloria Gaynor...  This thread currently has 653 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
silvergirl92
November 7, 2014, 1:13am Report to Moderator
Guest User
...for the "Love to hate you" chorus? Anyone knows?
Pughie
November 7, 2014, 12:20pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
154 days 23 hours 33 minutes
Quoted from 1607
...for the "Love to hate you" chorus? Anyone knows?

No they didn't because Gloria Gaynor didn't write it.
It was written by Freddie Perren & Dino Fekaris,a fact quite easily reached by Google.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
silvergirl92
November 7, 2014, 1:50pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Pughie

No they didn't because Gloria Gaynor didn't write it.
It was written by Freddie Perren & Dino Fekaris,a fact quite easily reached by Google.

So, they had to pay Perren & Fekaris?
E-mail Reply: 2 - 4
kwerty
November 7, 2014, 2:52pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 hours 51 minutes
Quoted from 1607

So, they had to pay Perren & Fekaris?

Okay.. I'm not sure what it is you're asking exactly at the moment. It's perhaps not your fault but I'm slightly confused because I'm not sure if you are referring to the chorus of 'Love To Hate You' OR the times when Andy sang the chorus of 'I Will Survive' over parts of Love To Hate You in some live performances.

If you mean the latter, then by rights Erasure should have probably paid some kind of royalty fees for singing the chorus of I Will Survive (whether they did or not is another matter!)

If you mean the former however then I doubt it - Love To Hate You is maybe a homage to - or a pastiche of - I Will Survive, but it is not note-for-note the same. It is similar, but different, so no royalties would need to be paid.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
silvergirl92
November 7, 2014, 8:38pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from kwerty

Okay.. I'm not sure what it is you're asking exactly at the moment. It's perhaps not your fault but I'm slightly confused because I'm not sure if you are referring to the chorus of 'Love To Hate You' OR the times when Andy sang the chorus of 'I Will Survive' over parts of Love To Hate You in some live performances.

If you mean the latter, then by rights Erasure should have probably paid some kind of royalty fees for singing the chorus of I Will Survive (whether they did or not is another matter!)

If you mean the former however then I doubt it - Love To Hate You is maybe a homage to - or a pastiche of - I Will Survive, but it is not note-for-note the same. It is similar, but different, so no royalties would need to be paid.

Ok, I understood, thankyou.
E-mail Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    Chorus (1991)  ›  Did Erasure have to pay Gloria Gaynor...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread