Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour II
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    Phantasmagorical Entertainment (1992)  ›  Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour II
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour II  This thread currently has 1,124 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Islanderab
October 15, 2014, 7:05pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
11 days 21 hours 25 minutes
After attending the Violet Flame concert, I started to wonder if Erasure would ever do a Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour II. Does anyone know if that has ever been brought up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
silvergirl92
October 15, 2014, 8:01pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Andy once said they would need a lot of money to do it again. In 1991 when they came to Argentina they said "we will come back on christmas next year", and the next time we saw them was in 1997 for the cowboy tour.
The phantasmagorical tour could not even be played in my country (one of the countries with more fans, I would say we are on the top 5) because it was very expensive.
In the dvd of TSB there's an interview with Les Child, Dean Bright and Andy. That could give you some info as well.
E-mail Reply: 1 - 9
Mikedepaz
October 16, 2014, 7:54am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 21 hours 5 minutes
Rest assure, they will never do that again. That tour completely burned them out. It took Andy a lot to convince Vince to tour again many years later. In fact Vince only wanted to be a studio band after this tour and after no tour in I Say I Say I Say, I was convinced this was the case. I will say that this 30th anniversary will have some special show or tour but not a big extravaganza like Phantasmagorical.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 9
Gareth Pugh
October 16, 2014, 10:12am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 4 hours 41 minutes
Very expensive. I remember it being said at the time that the stage sets / scenery alone cost something like £1.2M to have designed and built, and that's before the cost of shipping it (and a big on-stage troupe) around a number of countries. Given UK sales of recent Erasure albums have levelled out at around the 5,000-6,000 units level, I suspect the money just isn't there.

But like Mike above, I'm hoping for some sort if 30th anniversary event/show next year (they have not promised anything though).

Cheers! G
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 9
Pughie
October 16, 2014, 12:24pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
147 days 11 hours 48 minutes
Quoted from Gareth Pugh
Very expensive. I remember it being said at the time that the stage sets / scenery alone cost something like £1.2M to have designed and built, and that's before the cost of shipping it (and a big on-stage troupe) around a number of countries. Given UK sales of recent Erasure albums have levelled out at around the 5,000-6,000 units level, I suspect the money just isn't there.

But like Mike above, I'm hoping for some sort if 30th anniversary event/show next year (they have not promised anything though).

Cheers! G

I would be happy with a special 30th anniversary show with songs the fans want Vince can easily do it,he's shown this with the new versions on this tour.
No set needed just the band all 4 of them........ Oh and us.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 9
Mikedepaz
October 16, 2014, 11:53pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

I would be happy with a special 30th anniversary show with songs the fans want Vince can easily do it,he's shown this with the new versions on this tour.
No set needed just the band all 4 of them........ Oh and us.

I would love this to happen  

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 9
Danger
October 19, 2014, 9:23am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 8 hours 23 minutes
Too expensive for them only even thinking of making a tour like that with giant scenography, lots of dancers and so on. If I remember well Child said that he needed some months only to prepare the choreography... nowadays they need to launch the tour immediately after the album release to push a bit the selling. In the 90's before touring the went in radios, TVs and so on.
Anyway I'd be happy even with just a bit elaborated stage like for Nightbird instead the empty stage used for this tour.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 9
MikeyC
October 19, 2014, 3:38pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 17 hours 59 minutes
Quoted from Danger
Too expensive for them only even thinking of making a tour like that with giant scenography, lots of dancers and so on. If I remember well Child said that he needed some months only to prepare the choreography... nowadays they need to launch the tour immediately after the album release to push a bit the selling. In the 90's before touring the went in radios, TVs and so on.
Anyway I'd be happy even with just a bit elaborated stage like for Nightbird instead the empty stage used for this tour.

I wouldn't say it's an "empty stage"... They're using some of the most intricate/complicated lighting they've ever had and it all matches up to the beats and arrangements. We're really watching Andy and Vince most of the time anyway! Not much else is needed.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 9
Tim Birkin
October 19, 2014, 8:39pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 8 hours 37 minutes
I wonder if when TVF tour arrives in the UK in November we'll get a more ambitious stage set ? Maybe a couple of platforms for Vince and the girls and maybe a couple of LED video screens ?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 9
Mikedepaz
October 20, 2014, 12:09am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Tim Birkin
I wonder if when TVF tour arrives in the UK in November we'll get a more ambitious stage set ? Maybe a couple of platforms for Vince and the girls and maybe a couple of LED video screens ?

Seriously doubt it but you might get a set list change with some Snow Globe songs probably added to the mix

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    Phantasmagorical Entertainment (1992)  ›  Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour II

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread