Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
I Love Saturday Live ???
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    I Say I Say I Say (1994)  ›  I Love Saturday Live ???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

I Love Saturday Live ???  This thread currently has 2,811 views. Print
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
synthpopfan
December 21, 2017, 1:54am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 8 hours 13 minutes
Those camera angles, pans and sweeps were absolute dogshit.

One Dad's music collection from the Twin Cities:

http://www.instagram.com/TonalEvidence
IG @TonalEvidence
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 30 - 37
Hergallego
December 22, 2017, 1:48pm Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 7 hours 59 minutes
I'm sure that -at least die-hard fans- in Argentina would enjoy a lot listening to HIGIA, Turns Love to Anger, I Love Saturday and It Doesn't Have to Be or any other song such as Run to the Sun or When I Needed You, And it would be great if they make at least one song of the latest albums: Bells of Love, Fill Us with Fire, Sacred and some others from World Be Gone
to refresh the setlist.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 31 - 37
Onge
December 23, 2017, 1:57pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 10 hours 8 minutes
Quoted from gabila100
I left a comment on his Facebook post asking if the rework is for the new tour but I didn't get any reply. It may be just a remix

My theory is it is a remix for the remastered re-release of I Say I Say I Say. I expect that we will continue to see the old albums remastered (although Wild! and Chorus would be next in line)...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 32 - 37
MikeyC
December 23, 2017, 8:04pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 3 hours 55 minutes
Maybe it's for both! An I Say x3 re-release AND the upcoming tour! THAT would be amazing!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 33 - 37
Gareth Pugh
December 27, 2017, 9:35pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 19 hours 22 minutes
Quoted from Onge

My theory is it is a remix for the remastered re-release of I Say I Say I Say. I expect that we will continue to see the old albums remastered (although Wild! and Chorus would be next in line)...

Well a certain remix/production team let the cat out of the bag along those very lines earlier this year (and noticeably then redacted part of their social media post talking about that, pretty soon after!) so - taking that and Vince's tweets about doing new remixes for ILS and Turns the Love to Anger (and where did the Monteverde 2000 Miles 7" mix come from on 'FMTM'? I'm totally speculating here but I wonder if bonus material for some of these hasn't been in the pipeline for some time...) I suspect we might be seeing the expanded CD reissues resume soon.

Should be a great 2018 to be an Erasure fan, I'm thinking!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 34 - 37
Hergallego
December 28, 2017, 6:10pm Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 7 hours 59 minutes
Quoted from Gareth Pugh

Well a certain remix/production team let the cat out of the bag along those very lines earlier this year (and noticeably then redacted part of their social media post talking about that, pretty soon after!) so - taking that and Vince's tweets about doing new remixes for ILS and Turns the Love to Anger (and where did the Monteverde 2000 Miles 7" mix come from on 'FMTM'? I'm totally speculating here but I wonder if bonus material for some of these hasn't been in the pipeline for some time...) I suspect we might be seeing the expanded CD reissues resume soon.

Should be a great 2018 to be an Erasure fan, I'm thinking!

Vince has tweeted that he's working in ILS for a Live Version.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 35 - 37
gabila100
December 28, 2017, 7:25pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 5 hours 24 minutes
Wow, that would be the bomb
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 36 - 37
Tin Soldier
December 28, 2017, 8:41pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 days 7 hours 57 minutes
As I said before, if expanded reissues are coming, there needs to be "Time Capsule" box sets. Nothing else would really give the proper respect to each album; at least from a physical point of view. The closest thing before were the promo sets, or, even more artistically appropriate, the ISISIS popup pack.

The Time Capsule edition ought to be a unique album-art-inspired box that's unlike any other issued for the other reissues, and have the album as a picture disc and/or (remastered, if they must) on 180g transparent vinyl (think that's a thing) of a color complimentary to the album art. Additionally, every 12" issued in conjunction with that album (including L12"s) as well as any additional discs, if not also shaped picture discs of the 7" singles. Of course, the album on silkscreened CD and Cassette (Ideally, with a custom color shell, if not a recreation of the original UK one), a BD/DVD of the era's live VHS/LD release, as well as reissues of the era's t-shirt, enamel pin, tour scarf, and even a custom recreated used concert ticket from the era's tour. A true time capsule of what the uber fan would have, or want, from that era. Oh, and that watch, too.

Now, while that all sounds very pie-in-the-sky, it's actually possible. While I loathe them intensely, a Pledge-like tiered system of editions would allow for it, while also allowing for a "basic" expanded two-three disc CD reissue as well. I'd pay for these. Hell, I'd sell blood to pay off my credit cards for these, and I'm anemic.  

So Mute, forget what's come before and give each album it's due. Don't use a cookie cutter format for every one as if you never listened to every one and not loved them for what they are. Like children, you wouldn't dress them all the same, and neither should you here. Vince & Andy's offspring deserve better.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 37 - 37
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    I Say I Say I Say (1994)  ›  I Love Saturday Live ???

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread