Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
I Love Saturday Live ???
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    I Say I Say I Say (1994)  ›  I Love Saturday Live ???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

I Love Saturday Live ???  This thread currently has 3,185 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
billyburg129
October 10, 2014, 2:12am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 20 minutes
Came across this video on youtoube of I Love Saturday live.  Does anyone know what it is from?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4EM34Qdww4

I was under the impression the boys didn't tour for I Say x 3.  This looks like a full on concert.  What else did they play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
silvergirl92
October 10, 2014, 2:27am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from billyburg129
Came across this video on youtoube of I Love Saturday live.  Does anyone know what it is from?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4EM34Qdww4

I was under the impression the boys didn't tour for I Say x 3.  This looks like a full on concert.  What else did they play?

No, that' wasn't a tour, that was a benefit concert in which a lot of bands played. Erasure played only that song.
E-mail Reply: 1 - 37
Mikedepaz
October 10, 2014, 2:33am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
25 days 20 hours 55 minutes
This was a period where Vince did not want to tour or appear in Videos in The I Say album.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 37
Danger
October 10, 2014, 6:16am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 15 hours 33 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
This was a period where Vince did not want to tour or appear in Videos in The I Say album.

And for me it's been a big mistake: it could be a great chance to make a great tour with lots of gigs and finally play live this great album (for today concerts it seems it was an album with only 1 track: Always!)

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 3 - 37
Mikedepaz
October 10, 2014, 12:43pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Honestly I think that after the big production of Phantasmagorical, Vince was drained, all he wanted to do was be locked in37b and make music. It wasn't until 1995 that Andy convince him to do The TINY TOUR. So he can just be in the back again.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 37
silvergirl92
October 10, 2014, 2:01pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Honestly I think that after the big production of Phantasmagorical, Vince was drained, all he wanted to do was be locked in37b and make music. It wasn't until 1995 that Andy convince him to do The TINY TOUR. So he can just be in the back again.

And now Vince cannot escape from gigs! It's the only way they have to make a profit...
E-mail Reply: 5 - 37
Mikedepaz
October 11, 2014, 1:15am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from 1607

And now Vince cannot escape from gigs! It's the only way they have to make a profit...

Yes because all he does now is be on the background. And until this last tour had not updated any of the live show sounds. So it was just easy to go on stage and let Andy be the focal point. also since no money is made from album sales like the old days, they tour to make money on their current work.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 37
silvergirl92
October 11, 2014, 1:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Mikedepaz

Yes because all he does now is be on the background. And until this last tour had not updated any of the live show sounds. So it was just easy to go on stage and let Andy be the focal point. also since no money is made from album sales like the old days, they tour to make money on their current work.

Yes, I have the theory that in a future when Andy and Vince get tired of doing gigs there won't be Erasure anymore, because of the economic factor...
E-mail Reply: 7 - 37
Mikedepaz
October 11, 2014, 6:50am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from 1607

Yes, I have the theory that in a future when Andy and Vince get tired of doing gigs there won't be Erasure anymore, because of the economic factor...

Well I think there will always be Erasure. I think there is too much love and history between Vinace and Andy. After 30years they will continue to work together. music maybe will be easier to sell direct to fans and perhaps no need to sell to any label. honestly if they sold music direct from a website, they would do fine.

Now touring might be out of the question as time goes by. I can see them doing tours into heir 60s. That part will surely come to an end.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 37
halloo9
October 11, 2014, 8:52am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
19 hours 36 minutes
well, i would say "live" is exaggerated. andy is not singing live, is he?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 37
kwerty
October 11, 2014, 10:33am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 hours 51 minutes
Quoted from halloo9
well, i would say "live" is exaggerated. andy is not singing live, is he?

That's right. All those times he gets the lyrics wrong are pre-recorded.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 37
chemicalboy
October 11, 2014, 1:42pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
25 days 10 hours 53 minutes
Quoted from kwerty

That's right. All those times he gets the lyrics wrong are pre-recorded.

Funny
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 11 - 37
kwerty
October 11, 2014, 3:45pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
16 hours 51 minutes
Quoted from chemicalboy

Funny

It might have been but I realise now I was reading his post a little out of context - I thought he meant generally! I realise now he just meant this I Love Saturday performance. Anyway - I get a can't watch this video in my country message so i can't say one way or another if he is singing live.

If it's the thing I think it is though and I if I can remember rightly, then I think he WAS singing live over a backing track... he may even be singing over the actual track if I remember. Basically singing live over the top of his own prerecorded vocals. Maybe. If I can remember correctly. Which I might not be doing. That's assuming it's the same video I think I remember.

I can't remember whether he got the lyrics right or not though and so he may or may not get them right on this video.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 37
silvergirl92
October 11, 2014, 5:41pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Mikedepaz

honestly if they sold music direct from a website, they would do fine.

Now touring might be out of the question as time goes by. I can see them doing tours into heir 60s. That part will surely come to an end.

I don't think that selling records is good business anymore, because of bootlegging.
Also, Andy's health is very important, remember he said that he gets sick very often since he got HIV. Drugs can help, yes, but as you grow old the immune system starts to weaken. And that could affect touring.
E-mail Reply: 13 - 37
Mikedepaz
October 11, 2014, 11:49pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Andy seems to be touring now more than ever apart from erasure. he does many DJ and solo gigs. I think he is better, than ever.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 37
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    I Say I Say I Say (1994)  ›  I Love Saturday Live ???

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread