Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
The Violet Flame Deluxe Boxset
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Violet Flame (2014)  ›  The Violet Flame Deluxe Boxset
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

The Violet Flame Deluxe Boxset   This thread currently has 21,455 views. Print
12 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » All Recommend Thread
GW2m
September 21, 2014, 4:28pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
20 hours 21 minutes
Quoted Text
The contents of the box don't seem to 'hang together' quite as well as the Snow Globe goodies did, I guess that had the Festive theme which lent itself to lots of different bits of party-season fun like balloons, cocktail recipes, sweets, a calendar for the coming year and such. Post-it Notes do seem quite random!!

I think I've already said enough about the box set and my lack of enthusiasm for it (see my big, fat moan from yesterday). But I agree, the contents are quite random- ranging from the fairly useless to the out-right naff. Just my opinion, of course. Some people might be over the moon with a tealight holder and some post-it notes. As you say, at least the Snow Globe goodies were fun and had a festive theme (I thought the cocktail book was particularly inspired)...

So, without further ado, here's what I would've prefered for TVF box set:

* A slimline box (similar to the EXB series) - black with gold foil print. The box interior would be... violet (ooh, fancy!).
* 3 CDs housed in individual card slip cases; black and gold for the album, violet and gold for the live CD, purple and gold for the remix CD.
* Booklet: including lyrics, artwork and photographs, plus interview transcripts with Andy, Vince and Richard X (nothing too in-depth, just a bit of an 'in conversation' type thing).
* (4x) 25mm button badge set (skull and flower designs).
* Lenticular print.
* (4x) postcard set.

Not too far removed from the original really, is it? Just less bulky and omitting the tealight holder...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 90 - 175
Mikedepaz
September 21, 2014, 5:45pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 13 hours 40 minutes
Seriously folks, these box sets directly helped Erasure. Now that the music industry is in free fall. It's great that everyone can make a difference that made this possible. Some like the contents and some don't. In the end you supported the band and their efforts hopefully to do new music and more box sets in the future

Let's be happy we have things to get. Mostly 99% of the bands I like don't have anything for fans, lucky if you even get a cd now. The fact that it sold out rather quickly gives us hope.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 91 - 175
chemicalboy
September 21, 2014, 7:26pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 12 hours 32 minutes
Quoted from little_shane
hi
seems  very silly that Erasure - The Violet Flame SIGNED CD Box Set
that the signed the black  card you think it would be on the white card  so you can see the Signatures more clear
I no andys is in gold but vince is in black
to more vince would have look nice in silver if andys is in gold

maybe that just me

Thanks to your post I have just checked my box set again and IT'S SIGNED! And I could not agree more about which card to sign as I completely missed it!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 92 - 175
Pughie
September 21, 2014, 7:54pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
159 days 7 hours 48 minutes
Quoted from little_shane
hi
seems  very silly that Erasure - The Violet Flame SIGNED CD Box Set
that the signed the black  card you think it would be on the white card  so you can see the Signatures more clear
I no andys is in gold but vince is in black
to more vince would have look nice in silver if andys is in gold

maybe that just me

I totally agree a brilliant piece of Erasure merchandise but WHY OH WHY have they ruined it by having two art cards one White one black and get them to sign the black one?,Vinces signature is ok over the skull but Andy's I have to hold the card up and angle it just to see where it is.
Absolutely downright STUPID. Did nobody actually think about this before sending V&A the cards?

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 93 - 175
craigd
September 21, 2014, 8:06pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 hours 21 minutes
Ok daft questin time- how do I download the album (I bought the box set but won't get home till next weekend as on holiday)

can listen to the steam in the apartment but want this on my iPod at the beach!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 94 - 175
WK007
September 21, 2014, 8:10pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
13 hours 32 minutes
I got my signed copy through the listening party offer. Was pleasantly surprised to also get the postcards and lenticular card thrown into the package too!
Well, that's enough typing...back to the listening!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 95 - 175
Sadie
September 21, 2014, 8:10pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 3 hours 33 minutes
Quoted from Pughie

I totally agree a brilliant piece of Erasure merchandise but WHY OH WHY have they ruined it by having two art cards one White one black and get them to sign the black one?,Vinces signature is ok over the skull but Andy's I have to hold the card up and angle it just to see where it is.
Absolutely downright STUPID. Did nobody actually think about this before sending V&A the cards?

not just that but the black has been signed in black pen. Did no one think of signing it in a different colour pen at least. mindless

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 96 - 175
little_shane
September 21, 2014, 8:13pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 4 hours 48 minutes
well what I can see some of andys signed cards  are in gold and black pen from the pictures ive seen
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 97 - 175
mr.m
September 22, 2014, 12:34am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 23 hours 34 minutes
How are the remixes?!

The morning after nights before I have tried
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 98 - 175
dayalet
September 22, 2014, 1:03am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from mr.m
How are the remixes?!

Generally pretty good. I think, for me at least, the highlights are the mixes of Paradise, Promises, Smoke and Mirrors and Under the Wave.

But the Standout (by far) is Be The One. A track that i only kinda like on the Album, but the Paul Humphreys mix is sumptuous, gorgeous and divine.

However.... The Sacred Mix, while a pretty dark and decent track in it's own right, does not reflect anything about the original track (a few synth stabs and a (vocodered) lyrical line apart). It is the only track on the Remix Album that doesn't really respect the original (although it does bizarrely reflect some of the Ray of Light remixes of Madonnas - bizarrely everything about this track seems to evoke thar album!!! LOL!)

As i say, as a song-it's great. As a remix, it is a pretty poor representation of a Joyous track. And it really doesn't fit on the remix album-because the rest of it is filled with really respectful and representative remixes.

Just imagine it as if you put the Blue Amazon Rain Dub Mix halfway through the tracklisting of The Two Ring Circus.

Honestly though - hope you enjoy it when you get to hear it.... And hope those that already loved Be The One love it even more after hearing the Remix.
E-mail Reply: 99 - 175
GW2m
September 22, 2014, 8:43am Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
20 hours 21 minutes
Quoted Text
But the Standout (by far) is Be The One

Totally agree. That mix is so wonderful. Sensitive to the original, but different enough to be interesting. One of the few remixes on the CD that gets a big thumbs up from me.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 100 - 175
Pughie
September 22, 2014, 11:08am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted Text
However.... The Sacred Mix, while a pretty dark and decent track in it's own right, does not reflect anything about the original track (a few synth stabs and a (vocodered) lyrical line apart). It is the only track on the Remix Album that doesn't really respect the original (although it does bizarrely reflect some of the Ray of Light remixes of Madonnas - bizarrely everything about this track seems to evoke thar album!!! LOL!)

He needs a slap. Pretentious bollocks.

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 101 - 175
dayalet
September 22, 2014, 12:17pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Pughie

He needs a slap. Pretentious bollocks.

I hope you mean Daniel Miller there Pughie, and not me!  
E-mail Reply: 102 - 175
Pughie
September 22, 2014, 1:13pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from 94

I hope you mean Daniel Miller there Pughie, and not me!  

Yes him not you lol

Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 103 - 175
shazza
September 22, 2014, 1:57pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
5 hours 57 minutes
Downloaded the delux edition.... didn't want the box set to be honest......... this album is the best they have done since Nightbird....... and I think this is the album Love boat, and Tomorrows World wanted to be........
Each song has it's own fresh  sublime element to it, but each bit every bit erasure!
I can hear from andy's lyrics that he may have learnt a lot by doing his own projects.... and I feel it's paid its dividends on this album. Simple , effective and never over the top but heartfelt and alluring to the listener{ well...me at least!}.
I can't realistically pick a bad tune on this album......and usually there is one that contains a middle eight that I occasionally find annoying but NOT ON THIS ALBUM!!
I love the light and shade of the tracks, each layered with the tech wizardry from Vince. some true beautiful moments and a true solid piece or work.
Their best work to date in my opinion. Thankyou Vince and Andy. x
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 104 - 175
12 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Violet Flame (2014)  ›  The Violet Flame Deluxe Boxset

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread