Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Torsten,The Bareback Saint
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Andy Bell    Torsten The Bareback Saint (2014)  ›  Torsten,The Bareback Saint
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Torsten,The Bareback Saint  This thread currently has 12,917 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
May 9, 2014, 7:09pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 11 hours 35 minutes

‘Torsten the Bareback Saint’ is a one-man show created by Barney Ashton that will play at this year’s Edinburgh International Fringe Festival from August 5th to August 17th. and will feature Andy Bell as Torsten. Tickets to the Edinburgh shows, which will take place at The Assembly Rooms (Studio One) in Edinburgh, will go onsale next week.

‘Torsten the Bareback Saint’ will also play in London, for one night only, on July 26th. The London performance is a special preview show and, although tickets will not be available to the general public, there will be 100 tickets to that performance onsale exclusively to members of the Erasure Information Service. Those tickets will go onsale on Monday (May 12th), see below for all the details.

Andy has also recorded the songs from ‘Torsten the Bareback Saint’ for a deluxe CD and download release on July 28th.
Here’s a video introduction to the show featuring Andy:
http://youtu.be/5ohFCy_AQWU

TICKETS FOR ‘TORSTEN THE BAREBACK SAINT’ IN LONDON ON JULY 26TH

You can book tickets to the London preview of ‘Torsten the Bareback Saint’, which will take place at the St. James Theatre on July 26th, on a first-come first-served basis, using the link below which will become active at 10am (UK) on Monday May 12th.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Charlotte
May 9, 2014, 9:23pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 1 hours 24 minutes
looks fantastic and the music sounds great. looking forward to this
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 108
silvergirl92
May 10, 2014, 10:35pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
wow   Is this a play?
E-mail Reply: 2 - 108
Mikedepaz
May 10, 2014, 10:40pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 5 hours 36 minutes
Yes it is, and I like the different musical arrangement. Can't wait to hear more

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 108
silvergirl92
May 10, 2014, 11:23pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Yes it is, and I like the different musical arrangement. Can't wait to hear more

Thanks for your answer!
I forgot to say that too, the music (and Andy's voice) sound great!
E-mail Reply: 4 - 108
OomphPoomftie
May 11, 2014, 5:48am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
44 days 20 hours 49 minutes
The Winchester Social Club, Garden City, Sconnie Botland
In the words of Private James Frazer, it looks to be a load of Sheer Rrubbish...

Yes folks, this is a big one, the high...light of the week. The Holiday Princess Competition..Now, now Dad, put down those Field Glasses.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 108
Mikedepaz
May 11, 2014, 6:16am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 5 hours 36 minutes
Quoted from OomphPoomftie
In the words of Private James Frazer, it looks to be a load of Sheer Rrubbish...

Rubbish or Rubberish, there seems to be some rubber wear here?  

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 108
Smallville101
May 11, 2014, 10:13am Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 hours 46 minutes
I think this is just the sort of thing Andy should do (and more of). Abstract, clever, different...it gets people talking and he gets to sing. Can't wait for it  

It's the only official 'Unofficial Erasure Club' on facebook  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/unofficialerasureclub/
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 108
Pughie
May 12, 2014, 10:44am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I've got my tickets to the London gig,let's hope Andy at some point stops the show to sing happy birthday to me in a Marilyn Monroe stylee

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 108
Onge
May 12, 2014, 12:37pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 10 hours 43 minutes
See you at the London show then!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 108
skery
May 12, 2014, 6:28pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
17 days 2 hours 1 minutes
this looks downright bizarre, I like the songs though... not trying to imitate vince backing tracks works much better for Andy..  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 108
silvergirl92
May 12, 2014, 8:09pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Please someone take a camera and record it!
E-mail Reply: 11 - 108
suec
May 13, 2014, 12:21pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 hours 31 minutes
Going to London and Edinburgh shows
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 108
Pughie
May 13, 2014, 7:51pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Erasure pop legend Andy Bell has announced the release of his fourth solo album Torsten The Bareback Saint, a groundbreaking musical concept available from 28th July 2014 through Strike Force Entertainment (Cherry Red Records).

The theatrical 22 song-cycle tells the poignant stories of semi-immortal polysexual Torsten, cursed to love many and get close to none, as his age-defying nature condemns him to watch all his friends and lovers grow old and die before him. Ultimately he must leave them all to avoid their uneasiness in witnessing that Torsten himself does not age as evenly. Torsten sings deeply affecting expositional songs that incrementally illuminate the extraordinarily mysterious life of a man disconcerted by his own bizarre experience of the nature of passing time. “The songs are like a set of lyrical postcards from the hotspots of memory”, Andy himself explains.

An eternal teenager throughout most of the 20th Century, a growth spurt in the late 80s brings Torsten to the age of 42, then stops again. Despite the strength of the body, its the spirit that suffers, getting old and tired as the drive and need to achieve gradually abandon him. The lack of emotional ties torment his soul, having no choice but to leave all of his many lovers, one by one, before they discover the reality of his anomalous condition.

Following the album release, Torsten the Bareback Saint will be performed exclusively at the Edinburgh Festival Assembly – Venue 1, George Square from the 5th to 16th August. Andy Bell’s performance in this highly dramatic one-man show delivers heart-rending musical missives direct from the pulpit of his outsider life.“Torsten is a semi-immortal polysexual sensualist and I love playing him” says Bell – “It’s the most challenging role of my career so far.”The cutting-edge show is not however a closed narrative: subsequent shows will feature different songs and events in Torsten’s life, allowing the audience to discover more about his complex character and surreal experiences.

Andy Bell rose to fame in the 80s as the lead singer of famed synth-pop duo Erasure with Vince Clarke, which went on to sell over 20 million albums worldwide – 5 of which were No.1 in the UK; they have also had 17 Top Ten UK singles so far in their career. Personally, Bell took part in several charity recordings – many supporting AIDS related projects – and sang the role of Montresor in the opera The Fall of the House of Usher in 1991. He released his first solo album Electric Blue in 2005, followed by a second, Non-Stop, in 2010. He recently collaborated with dance duo Shelter; the result, album ‘iPop’, is released this month. Flamboyant dance-pop icon Bell is openly gay and publicly announced being HIV positive in 1998.

Album Tracklisting:

Freshly

Teacher! Teacher!

Free

Star For Life

Bingo Hall Baby

Fountain Of Youth

World Without End

V For….

I Don’t Like

Mobile

The Boy From The Sauna

Weston-Super-Mare

(We Waited For) The Circus

Good Things

People Come, People Go

Don’t Call Me Up

Tell Me The Story Of Your Poverty

This Gay Thing Isn’t Working

Aflame

Mr. Average

Is It Not Enough?

As I Prepare To Take My Life

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 108
Onge
May 13, 2014, 8:12pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 10 hours 43 minutes
The last song title looks like being a show spoiler!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 108
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Andy Bell    Torsten The Bareback Saint (2014)  ›  Torsten,The Bareback Saint

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread