Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Your three wishes for the Erasure future
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›   Your three wishes for the Erasure future
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Your three wishes for the Erasure future  This thread currently has 10,100 views. Print
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
GDV
July 10, 2014, 8:45am Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 hours 36 minutes
(1) Jazz-Fusion-Synth like Earth (Buried Treasure II).
(2) Duets, Trios. (can you imagine Andy singing with Morten Harket & Barry Gibb.)
(3) Matt Pop (melody-harmony-rhythm-magic)
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 15 - 118
starlight
July 21, 2014, 11:58am Report to Moderator
Guest User
An album produced by the boys.... no-one else
An album where Andy remembers he can write inventive songs about interesting themes with beauty; sass AND intelligence
An album supported with a 'best of the 'b' sides EP, tour, well made videos (not Andy dancing in someone's living room) and some decent publicity... Not much too ask really?!?!
E-mail Reply: 16 - 118
AIRAZUR
July 24, 2014, 9:40pm Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
52 days 5 hours 29 minutes
Quoted from ben
When I said `the timing`is a problem I didn't actually mean wether it is spring or autumn, but quite often a single is either released too early for radio ( When I Start to...) or FAR too late (Rain), or as with Snow Globe the timing, and first single choice was terrible. I personally  love Gaudete, but in many countries nobody has ever heard of the song. Silent Night would have been the right choice to promote a Christmas album in Europe, and probably White Christmas for the Americas, and the last single came with a Christmas video when most of us couldn't even remember the last Christmas.
The good thing is that Erasure can still fill venues when they go on tour, despite the fact that their last albums didn't sell that well. Other acts that sold many more records recently fail to do so. There still is demand for Erasure, we are not alone. Of course I would love to see them as popular as they were in the late 80s or early 90s, but am also very happy with getting new albums and a tour from time to time.

I agree : if "Gaudete"may have been a good choice for UK, the song is almost unknown outside of UK.

I think the only reasonable marketing plan for "Snow Globe" would have been to release as double-A- single the combo "Bells of Love"/"Silent Night" (one good self-penned song with a Christmas feeling / one Cristmas carol known everywhere)
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 17 - 118
flaviobernardes
January 13, 2015, 12:52pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 17 hours 24 minutes
1)- A new album with ABBA songs, but this time with no so known songs, like:
-- Arrival
-- The Visitors
-- Put On Your White Sombrero
-- If It Wasnt For The Nights
-- Two For The Price Of One
-- I Am The City
-- Move On
-- Should I Laugh Or Cry
-- The Piper
-- Angeleys
-- The Day Before You Came
-- Dance (While The Music Still Goes On)
-- When All Is Said And Done

I think would be great to hear the songs sung by Andy and instruments created by Vince.

2) Bells of Love released as a single

3) Sacred and Under The Wave released as a single
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 18 - 118
Tin Soldier
January 16, 2015, 12:32am Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
57 days 21 hours 10 minutes
This has been banging around in my head for ages, but if there were a new unique angle to go for, the one I would choose would be a reinterpretation album; not acoustically, but recreating album tracklists using synths and production techniques used during a different era. For example, Nightbird, but in the style of Wonderland, etc. That would certainly ensure the use of more classic analogue synths if doing more recently composed work in the classic style. Hell, Vince could take it back to a Yazoo sound...

Secondly, a fully international album. Synthpop, certainly, but each track in the style and language of a particular country or culture. I'm thinking along the lines of a track like La Gloria but wholly in Spanish, etc. For instance, I thought Breathe might have sounded great in French. Not that I want another Siempre, but a track written to be in that language. Having Andy tackle Japanese would be fun to hear, for one (another Big In Japan, perhaps).

Lastly, a 30 year anniversary might warrant a retrospective of the eras Erasure have existed through. An album of tracks which are commentaries, like Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire did in one song, might be worth hearing.

Of course I really want classic tour merchandise reissued, a Phantom Bride 3x12" set with the original unreleased cover art, and a Chorus kite, but I'm trying to be reasonable here.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 19 - 118
flaviobernardes
January 19, 2015, 12:31am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 17 hours 24 minutes
I guess an album with a selection of b-sides could be released, but reworked/recorded  to perform constant surround between them; my tracklist will be:

001 Over The Rainbow
002 Waiting For Sex
003 Don't Say No
004 Don't Suppose
005 Runaround On The Underground
006 Tenderest Moments
007 In The Name Of The Heart
008 La La La
009 Let It Flow
010 Dreamlike State
011 The Soldier's Return
012 March On Down The Line
013 When I Needed You

and the album could be called Tenderest Moments...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 20 - 118
MikeyC
January 19, 2015, 3:14am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
^ I feel like "Tenderest Moments" had its time in the sun during the 'Union Street' era.

"Let it Flow" would be a great b-sides album name!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 21 - 118
Mikedepaz
January 20, 2015, 3:36pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
I think for some unknown reason that 2015 will bring.

1   A new EP apart from Sacred
2. A special one off show for fans
3. A re-issue of an album apart from Andy Bell-EB

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 22 - 118
Tin Soldier
January 21, 2015, 3:11am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I wonder what country #2 would take place in?

We yanks never did get our own EIS event over here...*wink* *nudge* (in case Richard reads this).  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 23 - 118
Hally
January 21, 2015, 1:43pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 hours 8 minutes
Hi.....New here and this is my first message/reply!!! I've been a voyeur for too long and thought I should jump in to the deep end!!!

Three wishes?

I'm like you guys and gals, I want Erasure to do the things I want and nothing else (selfishly) I want the B-sides. I want the Cowboy tour released on DVD. I want Andy Bell singing 'Gimme A Man' in my bath. But hey these things just ain't gonna happen.

Just simply all I want is....

1/ A 'real' fan appropriate 30th Anniversary gig. Something for us and not the 80's nostalgics!
2/ Another album of the same quality and standard of 'Violet Flame'. VF was their best album since Cowboy (tin hat time) It was pure quality and sounded
fresher than ever.
3/ Don't go away!! We need Erasure to simply keep on going. We forget that they're no spring chickens and that they're far closer to the end of their
lifespan than the start!!

Hope I've not upset too many of you on my first post!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 24 - 118
Mikedepaz
January 21, 2015, 5:53pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Well this is true, they are getting much older. But I also see PSB who are much older and they keep rolling. So we have some gas still in the tank. I think at some point they will stop the touring but hopefully not for 20 years

We yanks never got our own fan gig but I dont think that will change. It will have to be a UK thing because its much easier to organize and get fans logistically from all over UK and some places in Europe. In the US, its a far larger area to cover but I would pick Dallas only because its the middle for EVERYONE in US.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 25 - 118
chubs
January 22, 2015, 10:18am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
15 hours
Quoted from Mikedepaz
but I would pick Dallas only because its the middle for EVERYONE in US.

I thought it was Orson Indiana. LOL

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 26 - 118
chubs
January 22, 2015, 10:22am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
15 hours
My 3 wishes would be:

1) Sacred single to have new songs on it, not just remixes.
2) New album, with Richard X still involved
3) B - Sides album, re-worked with Vince's sounds of late. I enjoyed his Hallowed Ground remix.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 27 - 118
Tin Soldier
January 23, 2015, 3:55am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
We yanks never got our own fan gig but I dont think that will change. It will have to be a UK thing because its much easier to organize and get fans logistically from all over UK and some places in Europe. In the US, its a far larger area to cover but I would pick Dallas only because its the middle for EVERYONE in US.

Um, yeah, but someone important lives in Brooklyn, so I'd say NYC.  

Incidentally, I never knew 100% for sure if Greg was pulling my chain or not, but, IIRC, some preliminary plan was in the works for a US-based version of EIS '04. In retrospect, he could every well have been placating me, as I was also mod/admin at two competing erasure forums and got headhunted.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 28 - 118
Mikedepaz
January 23, 2015, 5:43pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Yes, if any EIS show were to happen for convenience would be NYC. While not logistically good to west coast folks, it makes sense for Vince to be at ease that nothing would have to stress him out in traveling. But I think its just him and his laptop now  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 29 - 118
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›   Your three wishes for the Erasure future

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread