Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Loveboat general album discussion
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    Loveboat (2000)  ›  Loveboat general album discussion
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Loveboat general album discussion  This thread currently has 3,329 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
I Said
December 9, 2013, 7:30pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 13 hours 24 minutes
"Some love it, some hate it" - so I love it! It's so atmospheric album with a lot of warm melodies. I can't understand why it was a chart flop.
My favourite songs are Alien, Freedom, Moon & the Sky.
The cover art is a bit cheesy but still like it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Charlotte
December 9, 2013, 8:13pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 1 hours 24 minutes
A fantastic album and cannot understand the general dislike towards it to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 19
Hergallego
December 9, 2013, 8:41pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 14 hours 48 minutes
The real problem with Loveboat was its sound. There're beautiful songs like Mad As We Are, Alien, Here IN My Heart, Catch 22 or Moon & The Sky but the final sound spoil them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 19
Pughie
December 9, 2013, 8:47pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 18 hours 11 minutes
I love all the artwork for these releases plus the promo CDs also had alternate variations on the full covers.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 19
I Said
December 9, 2013, 8:59pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hergallego
The real problem with Loveboat was its sound. There're beautiful songs like Mad As We Are, Alien, Here IN My Heart, Catch 22 or Moon & The Sky but the final sound spoil them.

I like that strange low key sound.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 19
I Said
December 9, 2013, 9:05pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie
I love all the artwork for these releases plus the promo CDs also had alternate variations on the full covers.

Yeah I like the overall artwork with the pieces of the ship in the booklet and the single covers. Most of the Erasure artworks are detailrich, I love them. I love when the albums cover art's details are appering in singles and in the booklet.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 19
Mikedepaz
December 10, 2013, 6:16am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
Loveboat in general is a misunderstood album. I  dont think its as bad as everyone puts it out to be.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 19
Hanna Vas
December 10, 2013, 9:13am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 hours 21 minutes
Actually I just discovered that I didn't listen very often to that album yet but I don't really know why. I love Alien but I just think all the other songs didn't go into my ears yet. Then again there is so much music from Erasure that is still new to me that I simply have to give it time.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 19
Mikedepaz
December 10, 2013, 4:57pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hanna Vas
Actually I just discovered that I didn't listen very often to that album yet but I don't really know why. I love Alien but I just think all the other songs didn't go into my ears yet. Then again there is so much music from Erasure that is still new to me that I simply have to give it time.

Freedom is an odd track off of Loveboat but there also many great tracks to discover on this. With Erasure you will discover many stuff with time

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 19
ben
December 7, 2015, 12:23am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
21 days 39 minutes
Loveboat is one of my favourite Erasure albums, it is full of amazing sounds, melodies, etc.
My personal low point is Perchance To Dream, it just never did it for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 19
MikeyC
December 7, 2015, 12:28am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Quoted from ben
Loveboat is one of my favourite Erasure albums, it is full of amazing sounds, melodies, etc.
My personal low point is Perchance To Dream, it just never did it for me.

Agreed! The highlights on the album for me are: Alien, Here in My Heart, Catch 22, Love is the Rage and Moon and The Sky.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 19
Mikedepaz
December 7, 2015, 1:12am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Perchance and Freedom would have been better bsides

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 19
Erasured
December 7, 2015, 10:42am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 2 hours 4 minutes
I must say I liked loveboat. I believe though that it was very mellow and maybe it was the wrong time to release that sort of album, the artwork didn't help to set the general publics interest on fire. There was a lot of momentum lost during this period of erasure in media terms.

The song writing and the melodies are fantastic, the sound is a bit quirky but I can't imagine any other way!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 19
PolarPiano
December 7, 2015, 11:04pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 20 hours 18 minutes
I am a big Loveboat fan. I honestly consider this as one of Erasure's best albums. I am more into experimental stuff so maybe that's why. However, that said, the singles for this album were just awful and probably helped to kill this project. Freedom - I don't know what they were thinking. This song didn't represent the album at all. Freedom was just a fluffy and cheesy three minute pop song - exactly the opposite to the album. Mike is right, that should have been a b side or buried deep down in the Erasure archives. And the rework of Moon & the Sky was just horrendous and didn't do the song any favours (don't get me started on the remixes...). I only listened to the EP once and never again...

Edited for spelling...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 19
AIRAZUR
December 8, 2015, 11:56pm Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
52 days 5 hours 29 minutes
Quoted from PolarPiano
I am a big Loveboat fan. I honestly consider this as one of Erasure's best albums. I am more into experimental stuff so maybe that's why. However, that said, the singles for this album were just awful and probably helped to kill this project. Freedom - I don't know what they were thinking. This song didn't represent the album at all. Freedom was just a fluffy and cheesy three minute pop song - exactly the opposite to the album. Mike is right, that should have been a b side or buried deep down in the Erasure archives. And the rework of Moon & the Sky was just horrendous and didn't do the song any favours (don't get me started on the remixes...). I only listened to the EP once and never again...

Edited for spelling...

On the opposite of you, I like the Radio re-work very much.
The concept of his EP, half-electronic and half-acoustic was also very cool !

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 14 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    Loveboat (2000)  ›  Loveboat general album discussion

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread