erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    Union Street (2006)  ›  Not the best album
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Not the best album  This thread currently has 2,928 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
ED
April 23, 2013, 3:02pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Been listening to this album today and its ok but just lacking something . Sure I miss the electronic sound but the songs don't sound half as good as the originals.  I don't count this album as a proper Erasure album and much prefer even the live version cd of the tour ! A good album to have in the background on low ! Andy sounds great as usual but the country and western theme never grabbed me . In fact I prefer Other People's Songs a lot more than this album .
OomphPoomftie
April 23, 2013, 11:16pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
44 days 20 hours 49 minutes
The Winchester Social Club, Garden City, Sconnie Botland
Well, I for one love it. Stripped down, subtle, as good as it defferately gets.

Yes folks, this is a big one, the high...light of the week. The Holiday Princess Competition..Now, now Dad, put down those Field Glasses.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 22
Pughie
April 24, 2013, 5:07am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
147 days 11 hours 35 minutes
It was a way of showing the critics that behind all the bells and whistles ... Or bleeps and bloops that there ARE real songs under there waiting to get out and stand tall acoustically.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 22
ED
April 24, 2013, 7:26pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Pughie
It was a way of showing the critics that behind all the bells and whistles ... Or bleeps and bloops that there ARE real songs under there waiting to get out and stand tall acoustically.

Sure I understand why they did this album but I was expecting more like the 3 orchestral versions of songs that were on the Two Ring Circus . I absolutely love those 3 songs !
Anyway been listening to Union Street a lot more and it's growing on me . Home , tenderest moments , blues away and how many times are the best .
E-mail Reply: 3 - 22
Onge
April 24, 2013, 7:31pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 9 hours 6 minutes
Never warmed to this album. Like ED said, the orchestral Two Ring Circus versions are excellent, as are many of the acoustic recordings (Alien in particular is brilliant), but Union Street feels flat to me...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 22
dannylee
April 24, 2013, 7:47pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
15 days 13 hours 49 minutes
For me it is too niche.  Should have been more generic and not the full Tennessee sound.  For me a Couple of good tracks but not enough to retain much interest.  Nothing wrong with the acoustic idea, as good songs should translate well when done properly.  

As for preferring it to 'Other People's Songs' that one doesn't even make it to my CD player  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 5 - 22
chemicalboy
April 25, 2013, 7:26pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 1 hours 59 minutes
Quoted from dannylee
.... and not the full Tennessee sound.

The Tennessee sound is the equivalent of audible herpes to my fragile little ears.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 22
Onge
April 25, 2013, 8:17pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 9 hours 6 minutes
Quoted from chemicalboy

The Tennessee sound is the equivalent of audible herpes to my fragile little ears.

Let's hope the boys never do a jazz album... *shudder*

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 22
ED
April 27, 2013, 12:07pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Onge

Let's hope the boys never do a jazz album... *shudder*

Lol ! I hear lady ga ga is doing a jazz album. At the end of the day Erasure are an electronic based sound band and they should stick to what they always do best . Of course I have and will always support them in whatever they do next .
E-mail Reply: 8 - 22
Savannah
July 20, 2013, 8:43pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 17 hours 29 minutes
Quoted from OomphPoomftie
Well, I for one love it. Stripped down, subtle, as good as it defferately gets.
I think the very same! I don`t have this album yet as I only recently became a fan - as I wrote already in this forum - and I couldn`t buy every album at once. But now I will buy this one! It is so perfect for relaxation; it resembles everything I connect with Erasure: Soft music with Andys wonderful voice! Yes, I know: The Synth is missing, but I don`t mind at all!! I love every song on this album!! What a compilation!! And with "How many times" I get goosebumps! Just put earphones on!!!!! Who wants to sell their copy cheap??   Nobody flogs any on eBay  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 22
Pughie
July 21, 2013, 12:50pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
147 days 11 hours 35 minutes
Quoted from Savannah
Who wants to sell their copy cheap??   Nobody flogs any on eBay  

Your not going to get anybody on here selling their CDs 'cheap',also if your a fan you want Erasure to get their royalties for all their hard work,leave eBay for an alternative for buying Erasure,always buy CDs from shops/online stores for Erasure to get payment for their creativity.
If you buy cheap eBay unwanted CDs you may as well download illegally as it helps Erasure in no way at all. If you want new Erasure in the future,give them their rightful dues.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 22
Cal
July 21, 2013, 6:35pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Pughie

Your not going to get anybody on here selling their CDs 'cheap',also if your a fan you want Erasure to get their royalties for all their hard work,leave eBay for an alternative for buying Erasure,always buy CDs from shops/online stores for Erasure to get payment for their creativity.
If you buy cheap eBay unwanted CDs you may as well download illegally as it helps Erasure in no way at all. If you want new Erasure in the future,give them their rightful dues.

I completely agree with Pughie.  Everyone deserves to get paid for their work, CDs are not expensive and when you think of how much enjoyment you will get for years, its not worth even thinking about buying them secondhand or downloading them for free. Please always buy from a legitimate store or online, so Erasure get paid for what they have created.
E-mail Reply: 11 - 22
Savannah
July 23, 2013, 2:00pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from 208

Everyone deserves to get paid for their work, CDs are not expensive
I dont`t think this is the right thread to discuss that; but I don`t know where to place it and since I feel attacked in some way, I`m going to reply right here. If I had been an Erasurefan since the 80s I very definately would have bought every LP or CD right from the very first day of release as I did with Depeche-Mode-LPs. If I was you I maybe would have posted the same as you did - simply out of respect for Erasure. But because I am a fan since only half a year (not even) I simply cannot buy every CD brand new and I hope for your understanding. I crave for all their music. One CD might not be expensive, but it would take me ages to save up for the whole collection. The fact that people sell their CDs means that they are not true fans - right? Somebody else will buy those CDs anyway, whether they publish this fact here in this forum or not. And Erasure have got their share from these purchases a long time ago - you cannot say their work had never been paid for.
One more thing: As you can see I added a laughing smily to my question

Who wants to sell their copy cheap??    

I didn`t seriously think, anybody in this forum would sell me their`s. Although they admit that they are not really satisfied with that album. Well, true fans, of course! Other people would let go.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 22
Cal
July 23, 2013, 3:22pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Savannah
I dont`t think this is the right thread to discuss that; but I don`t know where to place it and since I feel attacked in some way, I`m going to reply right here. If I had been an Erasurefan since the 80s I very definately would have bought every LP or CD right from the very first day of release as I did with Depeche-Mode-LPs. If I was you I maybe would have posted the same as you did - simply out of respect for Erasure. But because I am a fan since only half a year (not even) I simply cannot buy every CD brand new and I hope for your understanding. I crave for all their music. One CD might not be expensive, but it would take me ages to save up for the whole collection. The fact that people sell their CDs means that they are not true fans - right? Somebody else will buy those CDs anyway, whether they publish this fact here in this forum or not. And Erasure have got their share from these purchases a long time ago - you cannot say their work had never been paid for.
One more thing: As you can see I added a laughing smily to my question

Who wants to sell their copy cheap??    

I didn`t seriously think, anybody in this forum would sell me their`s. Although they admit that they are not really satisfied with that album. Well, true fans, of course! Other people would let go.

Its a black and white issue.  If you buy from a legitimate authorized store, you are paying the artists for their work.  If you do not, you are not.  It cannot get much more clear cut than that.  Its absolutely irrelevant how long you or anyone else has been a fan - that does not give anyone an excuse to not pay the artists for their work.  If you like Erasure's music - support them and pay them for it.

Neither Pughie nor I were attacking anyone - we both were simply stating our opinions - which is what happens on forums.  I think its quite fine for Pughie to post his comments, and me to agree, wherever he wants ... this forum belongs to him  
E-mail Reply: 13 - 22
Savannah
August 25, 2013, 9:30am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
How lovely listening to this album after a sleepless night.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 22
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Albums    Union Street (2006)  ›  Not the best album

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread