Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Wild! Live Shows
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    The Wild Tour (1990)  ›  Wild! Live Shows
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Wild! Live Shows  This thread currently has 3,189 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
February 24, 2013, 1:59pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 17 hours 51 minutes
Here are a few links to youtube full gigs,these can easily be made into MP3's by googling youtube to MP3.

Wild! Live in Buenos Aires 1990
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiOZEG6qqmE

Wild! Live in Hamburg 1989
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEewtCGxHVY

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
nmbr1erasurefan
February 24, 2013, 4:26pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 hours 19 minutes
Yay! Thank you so much xxx
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 16
Pughie
February 24, 2013, 6:41pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from nmbr1erasurefan
Yay! Thank you so much xxx

I only came across these a couple of days ago on YouTube.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 16
Gaz H
September 1, 2013, 6:47pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
13 hours 57 minutes
Can't believe it's 23 years since the milton keynes bowl Wild party! Anyone have any pictures from the day? 60,000 people waiting for Erasure,fantastic memories
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 16
Pughie
September 1, 2013, 9:13pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gaz H
Can't believe it's 23 years since the milton keynes bowl Wild party! Anyone have any pictures from the day? 60,000 people waiting for Erasure,fantastic memories

Ridiculous how time flies,no photos but luckily the outlet DVD does the trick.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 16
Gaz H
September 29, 2013, 5:11pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
13 hours 57 minutes
If anyone wants a look there have been some crowd pictures from Milton Keynes posted in an Erasure page on facebook! They are during the day before Erasure came on but shows just how big the crowd was. They aren't on the official page just a fan page/group.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 16
Smythie
August 12, 2014, 8:46pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 13 hours 50 minutes
Just listening to the Wild Tour at the 'Milton big bowl of fruit Keynes', I love the different song mixes away from the album mixes that Vince has done here. The last few tours have definitely sounded as though a CD has been put in. I here the new Violet Flame Tour Vince has  beefed up the songs, lets hope so!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 16
Mikedepaz
August 12, 2014, 9:55pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 7 hours 11 minutes
Quoted from Smythie
Just listening to the Wild Tour at the 'Milton big bowl of fruit Keynes', I love the different song mixes away from the album mixes that Vince has done here. The last few tours have definitely sounded as though a CD has been put in. I here the new Violet Flame Tour Vince has  beefed up the songs, lets hope so!

I think since the ops tour Vince has had maybe the instrumental versions of the album. Everything before that was changed up from the album version. I also hope that we get newer mixed up versions.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 16
alewgro
August 14, 2014, 2:28pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 16 hours 1 minutes
Ever since the OPS tour, instead of bringing synths on stage like he used to running off the MIDI or CV/gate sequences programmed in, he just brings a laptop with the album tracks running in Abelton instead.   I have been very let down over all the tours since then since the songs sound like the CD is popped in with Andy singing over them.   They are too close to the original and don't "FEEL" live at all.  

When Vince used to bring the synths on stage, he would be forced to re-pogram all the synths for the songs they are going to play.  They are also void of all the studio trickery, mixing, mastering; so each synth sounded as if it was being played live (well because it was...  by a computer program).    

Today there are NO SYNTHS, just the backing tracks being played through the laptop.  I believe Vince just holds down some chords sometimes on that little Oxygen25 MIDI controller, very basic pad presets.  

The live show has gotten really lazy
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 16
Mikedepaz
August 14, 2014, 9:02pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 7 hours 11 minutes
Quoted from alewgro
Ever since the OPS tour, instead of bringing synths on stage like he used to running off the MIDI or CV/gate sequences programmed in, he just brings a laptop with the album tracks running in Abelton instead.   I have been very let down over all the tours since then since the songs sound like the CD is popped in with Andy singing over them.   They are too close to the original and don't "FEEL" live at all.  

When Vince used to bring the synths on stage, he would be forced to re-pogram all the synths for the songs they are going to play.  They are also void of all the studio trickery, mixing, mastering; so each synth sounded as if it was being played live (well because it was...  by a computer program).    

Today there are NO SYNTHS, just the backing tracks being played through the laptop.  I believe Vince just holds down some chords sometimes on that little Oxygen25 MIDI controller, very basic pad presets.  

The live show has gotten really lazy

I couldnt have said it better. Vince really made a really different feel of the song prior to the 2000's. I hear all my old bootleg live CDs from those shows and they were magical. I remember that Vince rented a big house here in Miami Beach and reprogrammed for a month all the Wild Tour! Songs. It was just incredible to hear this live.

I've not been to shocked at the laptop versions because Vince doesn't want to deal with things that breakdown on stage and it makes him less stage fright. I noticed that Kraftwerk also have gone this route too. But look at OMD, they play all their stuff live, not programmed. I've been to many OMD sound checks and it's the real deal on stage.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 16
Smythie
August 14, 2014, 9:34pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 13 hours 50 minutes
Oh and there was also the innocents tour where live instruments were used aswell, Depeche mode use live drums and synths aswell, I think it sounds much better
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 16
Sadie
August 14, 2014, 10:36pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 3 hours 33 minutes
The tracks certainly have been re-programmed and sound so for the next tour, if Carfest sound is anything to go by
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 16
little_shane
August 10, 2015, 3:45am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 3 hours 25 minutes
does any one know  im sorry if this has been talked about befor ..
if the Wild Tour at the 'Milton Keynes'bowl  audio is owned by mute   ...
I kown there is bootlegs of it on cd and the org  edited bbc transcription of it ..

just don't know if mute can  releases it  on a double cd

sorry if this has been talked about in the pass  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 16
Pughie
August 10, 2015, 9:28am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from little_shane
does any one know  im sorry if this has been talked about befor ..
if the Wild Tour at the 'Milton Keynes'bowl  audio is owned by mute   ...
I kown there is bootlegs of it on cd and the org  edited bbc transcription of it ..

just don't know if mute can  releases it  on a double cd

sorry if this has been talked about in the pass  

I think the audio is owned by BBC,the video footage was the stream coming from the video screens at the side of the stage so I think that was just copied on the day by some person and shared out.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 16
little_shane
August 10, 2015, 12:38pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 3 hours 25 minutes
ok thank you
perhaps the wild video might get to dvd one day  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Erasure Concert Tours +    The Wild Tour (1990)  ›  Wild! Live Shows

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread