Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
B-sides album
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  B-sides album
Users Browsing Forum
nightbird4275 and 2 Guests

B-sides album  This thread currently has 10,160 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
January 22, 2013, 7:38pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
158 days 11 hours 40 minutes
The b-sides album idea has also been around for quite a few years now and with the past 28 years of flip sides to
choose from this release (if it ever gets released) could well span into a two disc affair.

A possibility is also a three disc version which could have a lone disc just for Vincestrumentals,it's a thought.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
stanlow
January 22, 2013, 8:11pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 3 minutes
Having just compiled one myself, you would need 3 discs at least if you omitted the "Vincestrumentals." I spilled over onto 4 discs, but I included the non-single tracks from Crackers International and ABBA-esque as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 74
Siren Song
February 24, 2013, 4:23pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 9 hours 1 minutes
I don't understand why they don't have at least 2 albums of B-sides in so many years
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 74
Pughie
February 24, 2013, 6:42pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Siren Song
I don't understand why they don't have at least 2 albums of B-sides in so many years

Well a double album will suffice.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 74
Dmode1973
July 26, 2013, 10:31pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 14 hours 10 minutes
To be honest a b-side album is the last thing I'd want. I have them all on my iPod in order of release so for me it would be just something I'd feel I had to throw money at with no great excitement or anticipation.

Twitter:- Chris Snoddon@Snodmeister
              http://snodmeister.tumblr.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 74
Pughie
July 28, 2013, 10:03am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Dmode1973
To be honest a b-side album is the last thing I'd want. I have them all on my iPod in order of release so for me it would be just something I'd feel I had to throw money at with no great excitement or anticipation.

A good idea (maybe) to remix or update the tracks to make an exclusive version different to the original mixes.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 74
Dmode1973
August 20, 2013, 2:20pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 14 hours 10 minutes
Yeah now that's a bit more appealing

Twitter:- Chris Snoddon@Snodmeister
              http://snodmeister.tumblr.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 74
mr.m
August 26, 2013, 6:35am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 23 hours 27 minutes
I'd rather have everything, not just the b-sides ... yes, I surely do wish the EBX series would continue.

The morning after nights before I have tried
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 74
Pughie
August 26, 2013, 6:38pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from mr.m
I'd rather have everything, not just the b-sides ... yes, I surely do wish the EBX series would continue.

Sadly unless we are really lucky and EMI continue the EBX series with the same artwork it's highly unlikely as Mute no longer hold the copyright to Erasure's back catalogue.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 74
Mikedepaz
October 6, 2013, 5:26pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 5 hours 36 minutes
I think that EMI will eventually consider something if Erasure has a hit or successful run with Mute current output of Erasure. They seem to be on lard to always can in on something they control

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 74
Pughie
October 7, 2013, 6:01am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
I think that EMI will eventually consider something if Erasure has a hit or successful run with Mute current output of Erasure. They seem to be on lard to always can in on something they control

Apparently BMG now own Erasures back catalogue ....... Anything could happen,especially if Snowglobe does well
& they are on the ball.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 74
Mikedepaz
October 12, 2013, 1:33pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
If they did ULTIMATE POP Complete BoX set of Erasure, I could see them selling it as " And 84 rare bonus tracks". B side collection alone now would be a hard sell. I do like how PSB broke the b side collection in two collections ten years apart.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 74
Gareth Pugh
November 8, 2013, 10:04am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 19 hours 11 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
If they did ULTIMATE POP Complete BoX set of Erasure, I could see them selling it as " And 84 rare bonus tracks". B side collection alone now would be a hard sell. I do like how PSB broke the b side collection in two collections ten years apart.

Funnily enough, the PSBs have been so prolific in their output in 2012 and 2013 (2 albums, each with 3 singles, many of those with as much as 3 new non-album songs on them), plus a handful that didn't get onto Format date cut-off wise (they capped it at 2009 I think?) from earlier singles Christmas and Together, they are probably well over half-way to filling up a third double-CD B side compilatoin already!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 74
Gareth Pugh
November 8, 2013, 10:18am Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 19 hours 11 minutes
Quoted from Pughie

Apparently BMG now own Erasures back catalogue ....... Anything could happen,especially if Snowglobe does well
& they are on the ball.

Yeah, if I remember correctlly - when EMI basically hit the wall and their creditors (Citibank) called time a couple of years or so back, they sold EMI to
Universal, but the Monopolies and Mergers Commission (UK state body who have to give approval to big corporate mergers if they feel it won't strangle competition) made it a stipulation of the sale that Universal couldn't have all of EMI and had to sell some of its assets off - which they did, selling a lot of back catalogue (including old Mute material like Erasure's) to BMG, so as the overall deal could go through. So Erasure's back catalogue passed from EMI to Universal to BMG's hands in a matter of a few weeks. I think Mute had to agree to sign over a lot of their back catalogue to EMI when Daniel Miller sought a 'divorce' from them after 8 years of ownership.

Let's hope BMG do something (good) with it soon -  I'd not say no to a continuation of the EBX sets, and I'd certainly want to see the old albums deluxe reissues continue, picking with Wild! and moving forward.

G
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 74
Mikedepaz
November 9, 2013, 12:09pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I just don't want another repackaged The Very ,Very Best of Erasure. I get the feeling this will be done again in some capacity.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 74
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  B-sides album

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread