Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Nursery Crymes//Fractured Fairytales
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  Nursery Crymes//Fractured Fairytales
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Nursery Crymes//Fractured Fairytales  This thread currently has 6,210 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
January 22, 2013, 7:34pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
159 days 2 hours 17 minutes
Or Nursery Crimes however you want to spell it.

This project has been on the radar for quite a few years already with tracks being already heard at the opening of
some of the gig dates on the Erasure Tour way back in 2005.
Andy has said recently that Vince was waiting on him to do the vocals as some had already been recorded by an
unknown female vocalist.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
mr.m
January 23, 2013, 4:35am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 23 hours 34 minutes
Wow!! I'd say were a bit due for a new Erasure release anyways, sheesh, come on guys, we're not getting any younger!

The morning after nights before I have tried
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 70
Mikedepaz
November 2, 2013, 3:23am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 8 hours 49 minutes
Maybe this is something that they will revisit again now that Snow Globe will be out. It may be approached the same way as they did Snow Gobe with a bit darker side

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 70
Charlotte
November 2, 2013, 8:53am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 1 hours 24 minutes
unlikely in the near future I would imagine. Ths Snow Globe release will have replaced this as well I believe. New material next year and a tour leading into 2015 will take over the next project anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 70
kwerty
November 2, 2013, 4:01pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 2 hours 50 minutes
Quoted from Charlotte
unlikely in the near future I would imagine. Ths Snow Globe release will have replaced this as well I believe. New material next year and a tour leading into 2015 will take over the next project anyway

My first instinct is to agree - I think it's unlikely we'll see the nursery rhymes project see the light of day any time soon now that they're releasing a Christmas album, much in the same way that they were reluctant to release 'Union Street' after
'Other People's Songs' and the HITS album - but as i think about it I actually think it would be a good way to follow up
Snowglobe, and 'Fractured Fairytales' might be suit the new year nicely.

Since the eponymous album, Erasure have felt to me like they've lacked direction - jumping from the panicked attempt to
recreate the past with Cowboy, then to the more mellow acoustic-ish Loveboat, then a covers album and the return again to a 'classic' synth-sound with the Nightbird/Light At The End Of The Universe duology (with the acoustic album wedged into
the middle) before trying to reinvent a little with Tomorrow's World (a kind of follow-up to Loveboat in my mind).

I guess what I'm trying to say is... it might be nice for the next album to follow on from where Snowglobe left off, then the
tour next Autumn might all be about Snowglobe/Fractured Fairytales. With a suitable, haunting
Winter Wonderland/Narnia-esque stage set...

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 70
Charlotte
November 2, 2013, 7:59pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 1 hours 24 minutes
good points Kwerty. I would think though it may be slight overdose of something too similiar back to back. I would think in the reverse that it showed alot of atristic creativitygoing from Cowboy to Loveboat and so forth. I imagine going from SG to NR would be complacent as artists as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 70
Dmode1973
November 3, 2013, 2:00am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 days 14 hours 10 minutes
I think that it'll be new material next and if the new stuff on SG is anything to go by I'm looking forward to it. Some very strong tracks on SG and if this momentum is carried on the next album will be a cracker (not a Xmas one )

Twitter:- Chris Snoddon@Snodmeister
              http://snodmeister.tumblr.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 70
Mikedepaz
November 3, 2013, 2:15am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I would settle for an ep like Abbaesque

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 70
mr.m
November 3, 2013, 7:00am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 23 hours 34 minutes
Quoted from kwerty

I guess what I'm trying to say is... it might be nice for the next album to follow on from where Snowglobe left off, then the
tour next Autumn might all be about Snowglobe/Fractured Fairytales. With a suitable, haunting
Winter Wonderland/Narnia-esque stage set...

Lovely. Nice thing is ... with sales of Snow Globe indicating the success that's already happened in pre-sales (Number 15 in the US Amazon Holiday chart, say WHAT??? ), much less what's coming, the next tour after this and even more amazing upcoming new material of this excellent caliber ... I guess what I'm trying to say is their tour
budget is going to be very, very nice. We're undoubtedly going to be in for quite a show for the first time in a long time. The Snowtasmafairyglobe Experience.

The morning after nights before I have tried
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 70
Mikedepaz
November 3, 2013, 2:32pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I just don't want to see aluminum tin foil on the stage ever again

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 70
chemicalboy
November 18, 2013, 7:40pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
27 days 8 hours 54 minutes
Once upon a time there was an Erasure album of Nursery Rhymes that took forever to see the light of day.......
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 70
Pughie
August 25, 2014, 11:06am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Still being asked about in interviews again this weekend on the Wogan Radio 2 show,but Vince said they have been working on this for years but it maybe one of those releases that never gets released.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 70
AIRAZUR
August 25, 2014, 11:18am Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
35 days 21 hours 19 minutes
Quoted from Pughie
Still being asked about in interviews again this weekend on the Wogan Radio 2 show,but Vince said they have been working on this for years but it maybe one of those releases that never gets released.

The term of "releases" is inappropriate as it's still only a project that hasn't any release date planned yet.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 12 - 70
Pughie
May 11, 2015, 2:56pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I can't see why Vince doesn't get this project up & running again and use it as a promotional tool for the Birbid Anatomy Museum?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 70
Tin Soldier
May 11, 2015, 9:48pm Report to Moderator

Still a good boy from the other side of town...
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 22 hours 26 minutes
Morbid?

If it was a bit goth, it could be a nice fit.

"An Erasure message board? What will they think of next?"
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 14 - 70
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum     Erasure Studio Albums    The Future Album (20**)  ›  Nursery Crymes//Fractured Fairytales

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread