Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
How many times have you seen Erasure live?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    General Boards    Erasure Fans  ›  How many times have you seen Erasure live?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

How many times have you seen Erasure live?  This thread currently has 13,984 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Pughie
November 9, 2012, 10:57am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
163 days 19 hours 48 minutes
BPM Tour
My first gig ever at the Coventry Poly (october 11th 1986),Andy,Vince and the 2 backing singers came on waving 'sparklers',that was the height of the stage set!,a great show and the start of what has become a major part of my life my Erasure obsession! Footage from this venue appears on the live at the seaside video during If I Could. A highlight of the evening for me was standing in the foyer waiting to go into the hall this guy just walked through the centre of the crowd,i recognised him as someone i knew but couldn't place his name......by the time he had gone out of sight,i remembered who it was.....Vince Clarke!

The Circus Tour
The only tour i missed,i didn't have transport at the time,i was gutted. (april 14th 1987 Birmingham would have been the gig)

The Innocents Tour
April 13th & 14th,Aug 10th Charity gig, Nov 15th & 23rd 1988
It was great hearing Phantom Bride,plus the growing number of future classics that seem to flow from A&V. The Innocents video was filmed at the nov NEC gig,that was a great live set being the first gig that they played Stop!,Knocking On Your Door & The Hardest Part.

The Wild! Tour
Dates are blurry for this tour but i did go to about 4 gigs (without checking my ticket stubbs etc) plus the gig of all gigs sept 1st 1990 at the Milton keynes Bowl,the all day fest of great music Adamski,Was Not Was,Electribe 101 & of course Erasure.
The whole atmosphere for an outdoor gig was great,mexican waving galore!

The Phantasmagorical Tour
I only went to one gig this tour at the Hammersmith Apollo,what can you say about this tour?,the whole event and thats what it was an event was brilliantly conceived. The stage set was truly a work of art,the revolving doors that completely changed the set everytime they were revolved.The dancers,Annique & Veronique,plus that star of the show......the technology rigged 'Tank'. Oh ok A&V were great too,just one long Erasure-fest,only stopping for breath during the interval,which also included A&V displaying their balls.......Bingo balls!
Truly the most spectacular of all tours.

The Acoustic Promo gigs 1995
I was lucky enough to go to the Bobby Browns gig Nov 27th,we were met at the door by Janet giving out 'Erasure' promo t-shirts,i was just happy that she remembered my name when i got to the door!
An intimate and very unique gig at the time,being the first time they had really embraced the 'acoustic' format for a gig.

The Tiny Tour 1996
Oct 28th,Nov 7th,Nov 11th-A nice little hence Tiny tour,a minimal set but all the crowd favourites were there complete with the all new In My Arms track from the not yet released Cowboy album,plus the Oxford gig was filmed for the Tiny Tour video. They also handed out credit cards with numbers on for a competiton run with the IMA single.

The Cowboy Tour 1997
I had already booked what i thought were my 2 gigs for this tour the NEC & Bournemouth BIC,then i found out that i had won tickets with the beforementioned IMA single competition,so i won tickets to a 3rd show,which i chose the Wembley Arena gig. Later it transpired that i had also been given aftershow party passes,this was the first time i had my picture taken with Andy. A great tour plus the brilliance that was Heaven 17 as support. A great live show with a great cowboy themed stage set.....a highlight being Vince dressed as a guitar playing cactus!

The year ended with the first ever EIS fan club gig in Manchester,an excellent ending to the year with a free gig for mad fans like me,plus the only time Erasure did Depeche Mode!

Acoustic gigs 2000
Back to basics in 2000 with the 2 gigs i attended,the first being the sept 1st ICA gig in London showcasing Mute acts,the second being the oct 14th Pitcher & Piano gig for Radio 2 with Richard Allinson,this being really the point where the gig attendances were now turning into reunions with my now longterm e-buddies,where we could finally start calling each other by our real names!

EIS Sanctuary gig
December 13th 2002-The 2nd EIS fan club gig,now we were really getting well aquainted with each other!  This gig was breathtaking for me,i actually had tears in my eyes during the gig because it got so emotional during the performance hearing songs that i never thought they would play again,it really was an eclectic mix of tracks quite special.

The Other Tour
Feb 19th,May 5th & 6th,12th,14th,17th,21st,30th
My monster tour trek,the first gig at Norwich was my least fav of all gis mainly because i think the venue is terrible for gigs,a lack of view being the main gripe,but i did hear Mad As We Are as they dropped that after this show.
Due to Andy's illness the London dates were put back till may but it just got better and better,aftershow parties and more e-photo opportunities,plus i stayed overnight at some good e-friends houses,plus the 4 hour trek to the Toon!,cheers Cactus!
The tour that got friends together and great times for me.
Also at the last gig in London we also did the G-A-Y gig.

EIS 04 Convention
Not an erasure gig as such,but with Eraser being joined onstage for 2 songs with Andy Bell a highlight for many people at the event. THE best way to get to know new e-fans.

The Erasure Show
March 5th,7th,16th. Another extravaganza for fans,wild forest themed stage set,the added bonus of 2 support acts,Piney Gir & the excellent client. Nightbird being hailed as the return to form for Erasure (i didnt know they lost their form!),anyway a great tour plus the end of the year saw Andy touring solo oct 6th,dec 3rd,playing live tracks from his debut (and excellent) album Electric Blue.

The Acoustic Tour
April 17th,19th,only 2 gigs this time acoustic not being my favourite way to see Erasure,but they certainly put on a great show,revamping many older high energy tracks into C&W hoe-downs a shock for the ears,but a nice one. Plus i met Richard Hammomd (Bass player) & Steve Walsh at the stage door afterwards and they were really nice guys.

Record store signings
HMV Birmingham-only 6 songs 3 new ones and a signing a 'taster' for whats to come. plus meeting the boys backstage afterwards was a highlight.

The Light At The End Of The World Tour 2007
Oxford,Nottingham,Wolverhampton,Leicester & London
A great tour meeting many new friends and meeting up with V&A at all the gigs except the Albert Hall gig,where i met Claudia!!

Mute Short Circuit Festival 14th May 2011

EIS Total Pop Tour re-hearsal The Fleece Bristol 9th June 2011

Total Pop Tour-Cannock Chase 24th June 2011

Tomorrow's World Tour 2011
Leicester,Nottingham & Wolverhampton
All the old faces returning after a long 4 year wait,but the show was well worth it with that amazing stage set and the new songs sounding great.

The Violet Flame Tour 2014
Reading,Nottingham & Wolverhampton.

............ to be continued

PS during my years as a fan ive also been lucky enough to go to various other `live` events outside of the usual tours,including the Century FM gig in Leicester during the Nightbird Tour-the Blackpool Lights switch on featuring Andy & MHC doing Erasure songs where we were outnumbered 50-1 by McFly fans! the Lee Mack Show recording with Andy for BBC Radio 2. A few G-A-Y appearances for the Hits! CD release,Erasure DJ'ing etc. The Mermaid Theatre 'It Takes Two' featuring Andy,Jimmy Somerville & Heather Small.
Andy's Torsten The Bareback Saint 'Erasure Family' second rehearsal show St James Theatre London 26th July 2014

(feel free to move over any posts you've made in the older Pe3 forum,like ive done)

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
suec
November 10, 2012, 9:11am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 hours 31 minutes
I have no idea, don't keep track, first gig was at the hammersmith tank swan etc, tiny tour Newcastle, ( all at this time in life omd were my main band) Birmingham sanctuary, ops tour, by this time I'm on the Internet and never looked back from following erasure on their tours etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 68
Danger
November 11, 2012, 9:39am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 17 hours 2 minutes
Quite easy for me: Dublin 2011 first Irish night of Total Pop tour.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 2 - 68
mattalki
December 21, 2012, 9:12pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 hours 23 minutes
1st:  March 1st, 1990 in Boulder, CO.  the Wild! tour.  
2nd:  June 9th, 1997 in Denver, CO for the Tiny Tour, Part 3.
3rd:  May 29th, 2005 in Denver, CO for the Erasure Show
4th:  May 16th, 2006 in Denver, CO for the Acoustic Tour
5th:  June 10th, 2007 in Denver, CO at the True Colors Tour
6th:  September 2nd, 2011 in Orlando, FL for the Tomorrow's World Tour.

My favorite one is still the Wild! tour.  That one was absolutely amazing.  It blew me away.

I also enjoyed the Tomorrow's World tour, as we won backstage passes and got to meet the band.  

Good times.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 68
AnnL78
February 12, 2013, 1:03am Report to Moderator

Erasure Forever!
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 hours 22 minutes
How can I forget my very first Erasure gig in 2002 in Sanctuary Birmingham (now only living 30 minutes away), the EIS Christmas concert was
truly amazing!

My next adventure was during the Erasure Show in 2005 having so many fantastic memories!
I could do it over and over and over again! (I did 7 gigs I think and was very ill at the end of it, lol  )

Ok, don't mean to boast....

So, I did some during the Acoustic Tour but have forgotten how many...

Also did a few during LATEOTW tour....again - teflon pan memory...but did a few!

I don't think it was until 2011 during one of Erasure latest tour, I got to see them in Southampton.
Highlights of the tour was: Getting to the front (because I'm not very tall), seeing Vince and Andy coming out back stage after tour...
Andy was in a hurry, whilst Vince was chatty one (we shook hands and for a not so very tall bloke, he's got a VERY firm handshake!).
Made my night even more special  

All good times and fab memories!

I miss all my Erasure buddies!!!!

Ann  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 68
Mikedepaz
October 12, 2013, 1:26pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
The Sanctuary show in 2002 was the most special show I have ever attended in the 67 times I have seen them. I got to see a show in England, amongst the biggest Erasure fans at the time. see a real show that I thought they had stop touring and thought they were going to be a studio band, hear songs I have not heard in a long time, got to go to the EIS headquarter in MUTE and see all the rarities and stuff kept there. Also got to meet Pughie, Ann, Johnny Morris and lots and lots more fans  

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 68
Hergallego
December 10, 2013, 4:25pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 14 hours 48 minutes
We are not so lucky in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I saw them in their first visit (1990, Wild! Tour, Velez Sarsfield Stadium, approx. 50.000 people), in the second one (1997, Cowboy Tour, Broadway Theatre -and also a small acoustic performance for a Radio programme) and in the third and last one (2011, Total Pop Tour, twice).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 68
Mikedepaz
December 10, 2013, 4:54pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hergallego
I saw them in their first visit (1990, Wild! Tour, Velez Sarsfield Stadium, approx. 50.000 people), in the second one (1997, Cowboy Tour, Broadway Theatre -and also a small acoustic performance for a Radio programme) and in the third and last one (2011, Total Pop Tour, twice).

They could play Argentina for a week and sellout every show. Argentina fans are the best in the world. Very dedicated and passionate.

When I Needed You has become  B-side Hit over there

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 68
Cesar
December 10, 2013, 11:57pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
23 days 10 hours 19 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
They could play Argentina for a week and sellout every show.

You're absolutely right, Mike. They played two nights at the Luna Park in 2011, and both were sold out. A whole week of Erasure here would be Wonderland for us.  

Quoted from Mikedepaz
Argentina fans are the best in the world. Very dedicated and passionate.

Quoted from Mikedepaz

And they had to play it live here during the last tour, or else, Andy would have had to sing it a cappella... again, just like in 1997.

César

Private Message Reply: 8 - 68
Danger
January 1, 2014, 7:22pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

They could play Argentina for a week and sellout every show. Argentina fans are the best in the world. Very dedicated and passionate.

Well said, amazing fanbase and it's stunning how they are passionate even if Erasure has often forgotten their fans overthere (few concerts in decades, no promotion and so on...).

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 68
Hergallego
February 5, 2014, 6:08pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Mute doesn't care about argentinian fans: Snow Globe has not been released in Argentina. It's a pity.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 68
Charlotte
February 5, 2014, 8:34pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 1 hours 24 minutes
Quoted from Hergallego
Mute doesn't care about argentinian fans: Snow Globe has not been released in Argentina. It's a pity.

there may be an issue with finding a release label for Argentina, there may be other red tape blocking releases. Have other albums been released in Argentina

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 68
Pughie
February 5, 2014, 8:50pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hergallego

They have enough problems getting their own country to buy the album,nevermind others  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 68
Mikedepaz
February 5, 2014, 11:24pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
That can be said for most parts of the world now. Big label companies in other countries have dropped what Mute would distribute. So I would say you now have the internet to order direct.

I will say it is rather SHOCKING that Argentina crazy fans would not have a licenced label to sell music down there. They could easily sell 5-10000 copies of records based on the fan base

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 68
Pughie
February 6, 2014, 8:19am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

I will say it is rather SHOCKING that Argentina crazy fans would not have a licenced label to sell music down there. They could easily sell 5-10000 copies of records based on the fan base

Just think how much money they would have made doing the deluxe box set there.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 68
Danger
February 9, 2014, 2:35pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I think that Mute should find an agreement with some Argentina indie-label to sell Erasure records even overthere, with around 5k copies sold in the first release week, they'd sell almost like in UK...

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 15 - 68
Onge
February 10, 2014, 1:36pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 12 hours 5 minutes
1996 - Tiny Tour (Shepherd's Bush Empire)
1997 - Cowboy Concerts (Wembley Arena)
2002 - EIS Xmas Concert (Birmingham Sanctuary)
2003 - The Other Tour (Brighton Dome & Astoria)
2004 - EIS '04 (Leicester - Andy only)
2005 - Nightbird Tour (Hammersmith Apollo)
2006 - Acoustic Tour (Shepherd's Bush Empire)
2007 - Light At The End Of The World Tour (Royal Albert Hall)
2007 - Oxford Street Signing (HMV)
2011 - Total Pop! Tour (Bedgebury & Pinetum)
2011 - Guilfest (festival)
2011 - Tomorrow's World Tour (Leicester)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 16 - 68
Pughie
December 15, 2014, 5:41pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Updated December 2014

BPM Tour
My first gig ever at the Coventry Poly (october 11th 1986),Andy,Vince and the 2 backing singers came on waving 'sparklers',that was the height of the stage set!,a great show and the start of what has become a major part of my life my Erasure obsession! Footage from this venue appears on the live at the seaside video during If I Could. A highlight of the evening for me was standing in the foyer waiting to go into the hall this guy just walked through the centre of the crowd,i recognised him as someone i knew but couldn't place his name......by the time he had gone out of sight,i remembered who it was.....Vince Clarke!

The Circus Tour
The only tour i missed,i didn't have transport at the time,i was gutted. (april 14th 1987 Birmingham would have been the gig)

The Innocents Tour
It was great hearing Phantom Bride,plus the growing number of future classics that seem to flow from A&V. The Innocents video was filmed at the nov NEC gig,that was a great live set being the first gig that they played Stop!,Knocking On Your Door & The Hardest Part.

The Wild! Tour
Dates are blurry for this tour but i did go to about 4 gigs (without checking my ticket stubbs etc) plus the gig of all gigs sept 1st 1990 at the Milton keynes Bowl,the all day fest of great music Adamski,Was Not Was,Electribe 101 & of course Erasure.

I only went to one gig this tour at the Hammersmith Apollo,what can you say about this tour?,the whole event and thats what it was an event was brilliantly conceived. The stage set was truly a work of art,the revolving doors that completely changed the set everytime they were revolved.The dancers,Annique & Veronique,plus that star of the show......the technology rigged 'Tank'. Oh ok A&V were great too,just one long Erasure-fest,only stopping for breath during the interval,which also included A&V displaying their balls.......Bingo balls!

I was lucky enough to go to the Bobby Browns gig Nov 27th,we were met at the door by Janet giving out 'Erasure' promo t-shirts,i was just happy that she remembered my name when i got to the door!
An intimate and very unique gig at the time,being the first time they had really embraced the 'acoustic' format for a gig.

The Tiny Tour 1996
Oct 28th,Nov 7th,Nov 11th-A nice little hence Tiny tour,a minimal set but all the crowd favourites were there complete with the all new In My Arms track from the not yet released Cowboy album,plus the Oxford gig was filmed for the Tiny Tour video. They also handed out credit cards with numbers on for a competiton run with the IMA single.

The Cowboy Tour 1997
I had already booked what i thought were my 2 gigs for this tour the NEC & Bournemouth BIC,then i found out that i had won tickets with the beforementioned IMA single competition,so i won tickets to a 3rd show,which i chose the Wembley Arena gig. Later it transpired that i had also been given aftershow party passes,this was the first time i had my picture taken with Andy. A great tour plus the brilliance that was Heaven 17 as support. A great live show with a great cowboy themed stage set.....a highlight being Vince dressed as a guitar playing cactus!

The year ended with the first ever EIS fan club gig in Manchester,an excellent ending to the year with a free gig for mad fans like me,plus the only time Erasure did Depeche Mode!

Acoustic gigs 2000
Back to basics in 2000 with the 2 gigs i attended,the first being the sept 1st ICA gig in London showcasing Mute acts,the second being the oct 14th Pitcher & Piano gig for Radio 2 with Richard Allinson,this being really the point where the gig attendances were now turning into reunions with my now longterm e-buddies,where we could finally start calling each other by our real names!

EIS Sanctuary gig
December 13th 2002-The 2nd EIS fan club gig,now we were really getting well aquainted with each other!  This gig was breathtaking for me,i actually had tears in my eyes during the gig because it got so emotional during the performance hearing songs that i never thought they would play again,it really was an eclectic mix of tracks quite special.

The Other Tour
My monster tour trek,the first gig at Norwich was my least fav of all gis mainly because i think the venue is terrible for gigs,a lack of view being the main gripe,but i did hear Mad As We Are as they dropped that after this show.
Due to Andy's illness the London dates were put back till may but it just got better and better,aftershow parties and more e-photo opportunities,plus i stayed overnight at some good e-friends houses,plus the 4 hour trek to the Toon!,cheers Cactus!

EIS 04 Convention
Not an erasure gig as such,but with Eraser being joined onstage for 2 songs with Andy Bell a highlight for many people at the event. THE best way to get to know new e-fans.

The Erasure Show
March 5th,7th,16th. Another extravaganza for fans,wild forest themed stage set,the added bonus of 2 support acts,Piney Gir & the excellent client. Nightbird being hailed as the return to form for Erasure (i didnt know they lost their form!),anyway a great tour plus the end of the year saw Andy touring solo oct 6th,dec 3rd,playing live tracks from his debut (and excellent) album Electric Blue.

The Acoustic Tour
April 17th,19th,only 2 gigs this time acoustic not being my favourite way to see Erasure,but they certainly put on a great show,revamping many older high energy tracks into C&W hoe-downs a shock for the ears,but a nice one. Plus i met Richard Hammomd (Bass player) & Steve Walsh at the stage door afterwards and they were really nice guys.

Record store signings
HMV Birmingham-only 6 songs 3 new ones and a signing a 'taster' for whats to come. plus meeting the boys backstage afterwards was a highlight.

A great tour meeting many new friends and meeting up with V&A at all the gigs except the Albert Hall gig,where i met Claudia!!

All the old faces returning after a long 4 year wait,but the show was well worth it with that amazing stage set and the new songs sounding great.

PS during my years as a fan ive also been lucky enough to go to various other `live` events outside of the usual tours,including the Century FM gig in Leicester during the Nightbird Tour-the Blackpool Lights switch on featuring Andy & MHC doing Erasure songs where we were outnumbered 50-1 by McFly fans! the Lee Mack Show recording with Andy for BBC Radio 2. A few G-A-Y appearances for the Hits! CD release,Erasure DJ'ing etc. The Mermaid Theatre 'It Takes Two' featuring Andy,Jimmy Somerville & Heather Small.
Andy's Torsten The Bareback Saint 'Erasure Family' second rehearsal show St James Theatre London 26th July 2014

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 17 - 68
Danger
December 15, 2014, 6:42pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Total Pop Tour - Dublin 13/06/2011

The Violet Flame Tour - Dresden 05/12/2014

Better the first one for the crowd, the second one for the new sound

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 18 - 68
Mikedepaz
December 15, 2014, 7:10pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
The Irish crowd loves erasure. They could play there many nights and the crowd really gets into it. I hope in the future I can catch a show there and really feel it for myself. I would also love to see a show in Argentina with the crazy fans down there. Now those people really know how to party! They sing to every song and know every lyric

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 19 - 68
Danger
December 15, 2014, 7:56pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
The Irish crowd loves erasure. They could play there many nights and the crowd really gets into it. I would also love to see a show in Argentina with the crazy fans down there. Now those people really know how to party! They sing to every song and know every lyric

Absolutely agree: I've seen some videos from Argentina, Peru and Chile: the people there goes crazy for every song, they are really passionate and to attend a concert with this kind of crowd has to be an unforgivable experience.

About Irish crowd: Belfast went sold-out in 10 minutes, first Dublin in 1 day for the last tour... this explains how they're passionate! The Argentinian of Europe.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 20 - 68
Mikedepaz
December 15, 2014, 11:45pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Danger

Absolutely agree: I've seen some videos from Argentina, Peru and Chile: the people there goes crazy for every song, they are really passionate and to attend a concert with this kind of crowd has to be an unforgivable experience.

About Irish crowd: Belfast went sold-out in 10 minutes, first Dublin in 1 day for the last tour... this explains how they're passionate! The Argentinian of Europe.

In the US, the best place that I've ever seen is Chicago. The crowds in Chicago are amazing. New York is a close second, then San Fransisco

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 21 - 68
Danger
December 16, 2014, 8:48am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

In the US, the best place that I've ever seen is Chicago. The crowds in Chicago are amazing. New York is a close second, then San Fransisco

According of what I've seen on youtube even in Oakland they've generally a hot crowd too.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 22 - 68
Mikedepaz
December 16, 2014, 1:53pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I sort lump SF and Oakland crowds together because they are cities next to each other. So they are mostly sf fans that cross the bridge. They are lucky that erasure play so close to each other. On the cowboy tour the SF crowd was 12,000 and it all sold out. sadly Maverick screwed up the video taping audio and this show has never come out on DVD except only for the officialRain video.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 23 - 68
Hergallego
September 24, 2015, 7:35pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hergallego

I'm going to add two shows of Andy Bell in 2015.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 24 - 68
Pughie
August 25, 2016, 4:42pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Updated September 2016

BPM Tour

The Circus Tour

The Innocents Tour

The Wild! Tour

The Tiny Tour 1996

The Cowboy Tour 1997

Acoustic gigs 2000

EIS Sanctuary gig

The Other Tour

EIS 04 Convention

The Erasure Show

The Acoustic Tour

Record store signings

Saint Torsten-Manchester Queer Festival 4th February 2016
Torsten The Beautiful Libertine-Above The Stag London 2nd March 2016 (Preview Night)
A Night With Andy Bell-Above The Stag London 27th June 2016
Cambridge Pink Festival-Andy Bell featuring support from Shelter 3rd September 2016

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 25 - 68
luminous786
August 25, 2016, 8:23pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 20 hours 46 minutes
Great topic - can't believe I missed this one.

Phantasmagorical Entertainment - Beacon Theatre in New York City - this was my first one.  Was quite young at the time and went with a bunch of guys. Had to actually get dropped off by my friends parents because we were too young to drive and even too young to use mass transit on our own.  The concert was a real eye opener to a whole new world.  Most memorable moment...other than the show....there were these two guys handcuffed to each other in the lobby before the start of the show.  At the end of the show one of them jumped on stage and hung onto to Andy as the curtains closed.  

Tiny Tour - was in university and they skipped ATL so missed this one.  So bummed.

Cowboy Concerts - Radio City NYC - What an amazing show.  The mood was a bit ruined by a guy that apparently went into cardiac arrest during the show and EMTs had to rush in.  Never heard what happened to him, but hope it all turned out ok.

The Other Tour - Beacon Theatre NYC - had 1st row tickets to this one and Andy shook by hand as he came out onto the stage

The Erasure Show - Irving Plaza NYC - saw this one 5 times and every night was incredible!  

Acoustic Tour - Society for Ethical Culture - NYC - a really intimate show.  The lady that sang Against my View sat in the row in front of me and this is the one and only time I met Paul.  Also saw them perform at Crash Mansion the next day.

True Colors Tour - can't remember if this was a Andy only appearance.  

Light at the End of the World - saw this one twice.  Once at the McCarren Park Pool in Williamsburg.  I like it so much I drove out to Red Banks, NJ to see the final show of the US leg

Tomorrow's World - saw them twice at Terminal 5 - NYC

Regeneration Tour at Irving Plaza NYC - just Andy this time

Violet Flame Tour - December 30th

So that makes it 17 times.  Not too shabby!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 26 - 68
MikeyC
August 26, 2016, 12:14am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Quoted from luminous786
Great topic - can't believe I missed this one.

Phantasmagorical Entertainment - Beacon Theatre in New York City - this was my first one.  Was quite young at the time and went with a bunch of guys. Had to actually get dropped off by my friends parents because we were too young to drive and even too young to use mass transit on our own.  The concert was a real eye opener to a whole new world.  Most memorable moment...other than the show....there were these two guys handcuffed to each other in the lobby before the start of the show.  At the end of the show one of them jumped on stage and hung onto to Andy as the curtains closed.  

Tiny Tour - was in university and they skipped ATL so missed this one.  So bummed.

Cowboy Concerts - Radio City NYC - What an amazing show.  The mood was a bit ruined by a guy that apparently went into cardiac arrest during the show and EMTs had to rush in.  Never heard what happened to him, but hope it all turned out ok.

The Other Tour - Beacon Theatre NYC - had 1st row tickets to this one and Andy shook by hand as he came out onto the stage

The Erasure Show - Irving Plaza NYC - saw this one 5 times and every night was incredible!  

Acoustic Tour - Society for Ethical Culture - NYC - a really intimate show.  The lady that sang Against my View sat in the row in front of me and this is the one and only time I met Paul.  Also saw them perform at Crash Mansion the next day.

True Colors Tour - can't remember if this was a Andy only appearance.  

Light at the End of the World - saw this one twice.  Once at the McCarren Park Pool in Williamsburg.  I like it so much I drove out to Red Banks, NJ to see the final show of the US leg

Tomorrow's World - saw them twice at Terminal 5 - NYC

Regeneration Tour at Irving Plaza NYC - just Andy this time

Violet Flame Tour - December 30th

So that makes it 17 times.  Not too shabby!

Wow, we must know each other! I've been at just about every show you wrote about above, starting with Phantasmagorical at The Beacon! (I saw the show on Halloween, which was insanely fun since much of the audience dressed up in costume!)

I saw the U.S. version of the "Tiny Tour" at Irving Plaza... In fact, I was invited to come during the day and set up the bottles of bubbles and blow up balloons and watch the sound check!

Both Cowboy Tour shows in NYC -- Radio City and Hammerstein Ballroom (always thought it was odd that they booked two different venues and had to schlep the set and equipment just 15 blocks away the next day!)

Both nights of The Other Tour at The Beacon.

I saw 8 out of the record-setting 10 "Erasure Show" concerts at Irving Plaza. Tickets were around $35 and the venue is a short walk from my apartment -- how could I not??

I also attended the Boston "Erasure Show" (since I'm good friends with a die-hard fan from Boston, who often travels to NYC for their shows...)

Saw the Union Street Acoustic Tour at the Society for Ethical Culture (a beautiful, intimate venue). Before the show I walked into the wrong restroom which was actually turned into a dressing room for Val and caught her changing!!

True Colors Tour at Radio City -- where V & A played about 4 songs... a nice teaser for the upcoming "real" tour.

Saw the LATEOTW tour at McCarren Park in Brooklyn and in Red Bank, New Jersey! (a nice train ride to a lovely, quaint town.)

Saw the Tomorrow's World Tour both nights at Terminal 5.

Attended the Regeneration Tour show at Irving Plaza -- just Andy solo -- and honestly it was a bit disappointing. The video screen was all messed up and was stuck on a page with instructions like "Press Play", etc.  

And saw The Violet Flame tour both nights at Terminal 5 including New Year's Eve, which was thrilling!

I'm sure I'm missing something... I've attended all their NYC signings, including at the old Tower Records in the Village, the old Virgin in Times Square, etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 27 - 68
Mikedepaz
August 26, 2016, 1:50am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I think I met you there in Irving Plaza setting up balloons and bottles of bubbles with Brooklyn Sue? I remember it was a very, very cold day in winter.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 28 - 68
luminous786
August 26, 2016, 4:27pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz
I think I met you there in Irving Plaza setting up balloons and bottles of bubbles with Brooklyn Sue? I remember it was a very, very cold day in winter.

We've probably seen each other at one of the many gigs, but I don't think we've ever met.  I'm an upper mid-30s Indian guy.  A bit of a standout at these Erasure concerts.

I also have a horrible memory.  Does my description ring a bell?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 29 - 68
MikeyC
August 26, 2016, 8:07pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

Definitely, I have a vivid memory of you sitting alongside the wall of the main floor of Irving Plaza and seeing you throughout the day.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 30 - 68
MikeyC
August 26, 2016, 8:08pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from luminous786

We've probably seen each other at one of the many gigs, but I don't think we've ever met.  I'm an upper mid-30s Indian guy.  A bit of a standout at these Erasure concerts.

I also have a horrible memory.  Does my description ring a bell?

I will be looking out for you at the next gig!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 31 - 68
luminous786
August 26, 2016, 9:05pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from MikeyC

I will be looking out for you at the next gig!  

Well, I'll definitely be there and I really look forward to meeting again!  Don't really know many E fans in NYC.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 32 - 68
Mikedepaz
August 27, 2016, 1:49am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
That 96-97 Tiny Tour was the most time I saw them. It was a real amazing time to see all these dates below  

November 23 - Muffathalle, Munich GERMANY

November 24 - Town Hall, Heidelburg GERMANY

November 25 - E-Werk, Koln GERMANY

November 27 - Hamburg Docks, Hamburg GERMANY

November 28 - Hamburg Docks, Hamburg GERMANY

November 29 - Universal Hall, Berlin GERMANY

March 17 - Guvernment, Toronto CANADA

March 18 - Irving Plaza, New York City USA

March 21 - Clutch Cargo, Pontiac Michigan USA

March 22 - Park West, Chicago Illinois USA

March 25 - Deep Ellum Live, Dallas Texas USA

March 27 - Numbers, Houston Texas USA

March 29 - American Legion Hall, Los Angeles California USA

March 31 - Club Townsend, San Francisco California USA

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 33 - 68
MikeyC
August 27, 2016, 2:55am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from luminous786

Well, I'll definitely be there and I really look forward to meeting again!  Don't really know many E fans in NYC.  

And I'm a BIG NYC E fan!! Looking forward to it!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 34 - 68
Pughie
June 6, 2017, 1:01pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Updated June 2017

BPM Tour

The Circus Tour

The Innocents Tour

The Wild! Tour

The Tiny Tour 1996

The Cowboy Tour 1997

Acoustic gigs 2000

EIS Sanctuary gig

The Other Tour

EIS 04 Convention

The Erasure Show

The Acoustic Tour

Record store signings

Billed as Erasure & Friends it included Alison Moyet & th first ever live performance of Never Never with Feargal Sharkey

It rained from the moment the gates opened until we left but it didn't dampen our spirits

World Be Gone Tour 2017/2018
Manchester (Robbie Williams warm up gig 2017)

Andy's Torsten The Bareback Saint 'Erasure Family' second rehearsal show St James Theatre London 26th July 2014,Andy Bell Is Saint Torsten Manchester,Torsten The Beautiful Libertine Above The Stag London,An Evening With Andy Bell Above The Stag London,The Pink Festival Cambridge (Andy Bell),The Society Club Torsten Book Launch London.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 35 - 68
Pat.2000
June 6, 2017, 3:15pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 20 minutes
Wild tour at London Arena 1989, I was almost 16 and had to get special permission to get a night out of boarding school.

Tiny tour at Ilford Island 96

Cowboy Tour at Wembley Arena 1997. I paid 25quid off a ticket tout outside as I'd only gone up there to buy some merchandise thinking it was sold out, which it wasn't. There was a big curtain drawn across the back few rows of seating

Tomorrows World show at Roundhouse London 2011. Sound up in the cheap seats wasn't that great I'm afraid.

But I've met Andy in person, in 1994 he hired some DJ gear (2x Technics 1210s and a mixer) from a shop I worked at in Kentish Town London. Didn't talk much though, I was shy and he was quiet!

Live classic synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.

UPDATED:  11TH JUNE 2018

https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 36 - 68
glazball
June 6, 2017, 7:22pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 23 hours 26 minutes
Pughie, that list is simply staggering!  Cheers to you

I was very surprised to see one of the moderators here in the audience on the Sanctuary DVD!  I will let him out himself if he likes!  It definitely made me do a triple-take lol   He has on the world's largest smile, that's for sure!  Can I post a screenshot??

Well I wish I could say I've seen Erasure a zillion times, but it pales in comparison to you guys.

Sadly I missed the PE Tour in '92, though I begged and almost fought with parents to let me go.  I had just gotten my drivers license!  Missing that show is probably my biggest E regret (E-gret?)

Finally saw them in 1997, Woodlands Pavilion in Houston.  Great show and went with a bunch of friends, all of whom listened to Metallica and that kind of stuff, but had girlfriends who made them go.  And guess what?  They all had a blast.  However, we drank heavily and were way in the back.

2003, Numbers in Houston.  My favorite E show!  I still remember the swell of blue lights as Blue Savannah started.  It was such a small and personal show, absolutely loved it.

2005, Houston - Nightbird tour.  *I didn't request them* but the Ticketmaster guy on the phone said they were sold out, but they have some Handicap Access tix and do I want them?  I asked "is it ok?" and he said sure, since no one had taken them.  So four of us got great seats right smack in the middle with room to spread out.  Much bigger production this round.  Great tour and album.

2006, Houston - Union Street tour.  Another great show in downtown Houston but we went to a bar after and I drank too much.  The good news is I threw my cigarettes away that night in disgust and haven't smoked since!

2011, ACL Live in Austin.  Took my gf (now wife) to her first E show with some friends.  We had a great time and the newly renovated ACL Live venue had great sound and was really easy to get in an out of.  Fun show!

2014, Boston show on Yahoo!  OK I wasn't *there* in person, but I did watch it live!  It counts right??

I've also seen both Andy and Vince do dj sets here in Austin.  We were near the VIP section, sitting one booth over from Andy.  I drummed up enough courage to step over, shake his hand and tell him how much I loved him and his music.  He was very gracious.  My sister, who is much friendlier and much more outgoing than me, talked to him for a while and even sat on his lap for a bit!  Sadly, I didn't get to meet Vince at his dj set but maybe next time!!

glazball's music collection
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 37 - 68
Pughie
June 6, 2017, 9:44pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from glazball
Pughie, that list is simply staggering!  Cheers to you

I was very surprised to see one of the moderators here in the audience on the Sanctuary DVD!  I will let him out himself if he likes!  It definitely made me do a triple-take lol   He has on the world's largest smile, that's for sure!  Can I post a screenshot??

!

Thanks

Post screenshot! (I'm sure i know who you mean)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 38 - 68
AdamGrossmanLG
June 7, 2017, 12:25pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 23 hours 3 minutes
wow, they performed "Mad As We Are"???

I had no clue.  I was at the Other Tour and didnt see it.

Did it sound like the album version?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 39 - 68
Pughie
June 7, 2017, 1:25pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from AdamGrossmanLG
wow, they performed "Mad As We Are"???

I had no clue.  I was at the Other Tour and didnt see it.

Did it sound like the album version?

Yes it sounded ok to me,they only performed it at Norwich it was dropped afterwards.
Andy came on and wound up the gramophone as the song started.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 40 - 68
AdamGrossmanLG
June 7, 2017, 6:00pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

Yes it sounded ok to me,they only performed it at Norwich it was dropped afterwards.
Andy came on and wound up the gramophone as the song started.

Ahhh it opened the show!! wow, thats crazy I didnt know of this.   So "Alien" replaced it?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 41 - 68
AdamGrossmanLG
June 7, 2017, 6:03pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
oh i see here, they played it too.... and then Alien after.  seems like a really slowwww start to a show

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/erasure/2003/stadtpark-freilichtbuhne-hamburg-germany-4bd4bb42.html
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 42 - 68
Sadie
June 7, 2017, 6:18pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 3 hours 33 minutes
oh i see here, they played it too.... and then Alien after.  seems like a really slowwww start to a show

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/erasure/2003/stadtpark-freilichtbuhne-hamburg-germany-4bd4bb42.html

have you seen the Wild tour
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 43 - 68
AdamGrossmanLG
June 7, 2017, 7:38pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Sadie

have you seen the Wild tour

ive seen video of it, why do you ask?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 44 - 68
MikeyC
June 7, 2017, 11:16pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online

I think that's why they dropped it!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 45 - 68
DAJ
June 8, 2017, 3:20am Report to Moderator
Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
3 days 17 hours 23 minutes
1989--Detroit and St. Louis, Wild Tour
1997--Chicago, Cowboy Tour
2003--Beacon Theater, NYC, OPS
2005--Irving Plaza, Nightbird Tour
2007--McCarren Park Pool, Brooklyn, LATEOTW
2011--Terminal 5, NYC, Tomorrow's World

My favorite of all of these was the first.  The "Wild" tour was so great.  The "Nightbird" concert at Irving Plaza was memorable as well--they did a 10-night stand, mostly to allow industry people the chance to see them, as this was something of a comeback album for them in the US.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 46 - 68
glazball
June 8, 2017, 6:47pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pughie

Post screenshot! (I'm sure i know who you mean)

I haven't watched Sanctuary in several years, so I'll give it another viewing this weekend and post a screen capture!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 47 - 68
Mikedepaz
June 9, 2017, 3:07am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Let's hope I can add to my count with a US tour in 2018. Hate to say but they won't tour forever, so enjoy any show you can catch.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 48 - 68
croftyuk
June 9, 2017, 8:26pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 24 minutes
What a great thread... I had to join just to work out mine... So here we go

18/06/92 - Phantasmagorical tour - Manchester Apollo
09/11/96 - Tiny Tour - Manchester Apollo
11/04/97 - Cowboy Tour - Manchester Arena
13/12/97 - Fans club only - Manchester Academy
13/12/02 - Fans club Xmas gig - Birmingham Sanctuary nightclub
13//02/03 - Other Tour - Preston Guildhall
11/03/05 - Nightbird Tour - Preston Guildhall
04/06/05 - Nightbird Tour - Massey Hall Toronto
02/09/05 - Blackpool Illuminations
16/04/06 - Acoustic Tour - The Lowry Manchester
12/09/07 - LATEOFT Tour - Preston Guildhall
25/09/07 - LATEOFT Tour - Royal Albert Hall London
25/06/11 - Total Pop Tour - Dalby Forest
15/10/11 - Tomorrow's World Tour - Corn Exchange Edinburgh
21/10/11 - Tomorrow's World Tour - Preston Guildhall
04/11/11 - Tomorrow's World Tour - Blackpool North Pier
25/11/14 - Violet Flame Tour - Preston Guildhall
15/12/14 - Violet Flame Tour - The Forum London
28/05/17 - World Be Gone - Albert Hall Manchester
06/02/18 - World Be Gone - Liverpool Philharmonic

Roll on Liverpool... But all great nights

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 49 - 68
mr first
June 9, 2017, 9:39pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 23 hours 40 minutes
Dec 19-89 Birmingham NEC-wild tour
Sept 1-90 Milton Keynes bowl-wild tour
Apr 6-97 Birmingham NEC-cowboy concerts
Feb 13-03 preston guildhall-the other tour
May 18-03 Manchester Apollo-the other tour
May 21-03 Wolverhampton civic hall-the other tour
Mar 9-05 Manchester Apollo-erasure show
Mar 16-05 Wolverhampton civic-erasure show
Apr 17-06 Nottingham royal concert hall-acoustic tour
Sept 16-07 Wolverhampton civic hall-LATEOTW tour
June 17-11 sherwood pines-total pop tour
Oct 23 -11 Wolverhampton civic hall-tomorrow's world tour
Nov 29-14 Wolverhampton civic hall-violet flame tour
May 28-17 Manchester Albert hall-warm up show
Feb 11-18 Birmingham o2 academy-world be gone tour

Biggest regret not attending phantsmagorical entertainment tour but I was into the rave scene and not in a great place at that time of my life
Also still I've never met andy or Vince on my to do list
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 50 - 68
croftyuk
June 9, 2017, 10:32pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 24 minutes
So grateful I met Andy in Toronto but for last London gig my Mrs sorted a meet and greet.

Brilliant experience altho would just love to meet them in a bar for drink and random chat..... But can't complain as my erasure experiences has been brilliant and love them all.

Just hoping my 6yr old daughter can experience one... Other day she was just singing love to hate you... Priceless and things like that u never forget.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 51 - 68
croftyuk
June 9, 2017, 10:51pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 24 minutes
Mr first not to boast or anything... But I have to say I really don't think that 92 tour will be beaten and for me it was my first.. So totally spoilt.

The songs... Bingo... It was brilliant... But it was at there totally height (how many gigs at Apollo!!).. But after seeing there latest Manchester gig.. The tour next year will be brilliant.

As previous posting... Make the most as wont last forever.. But long live the boys.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 52 - 68
mr first
June 10, 2017, 7:06am Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from croftyuk
Mr first not to boast or anything... But I have to say I really don't think that 92 tour will be beaten and for me it was my first.. So totally spoilt.

The songs... Bingo... It was brilliant... But it was at there totally height (how many gigs at Apollo!!).. But after seeing there latest Manchester gig.. The tour next year will be brilliant.

As previous posting... Make the most as wont last forever.. But long live the boys.

Yeah it's just wasn't the right year for it to happen in 92 but for me nothing will ever beat Milton Keynes bowl,as for the lads touring I'm hoping for another 2 or 3 tours left for them yet
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 53 - 68
croftyuk
June 10, 2017, 8:49am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 24 minutes
Quoted from mr first

Yeah it's just wasn't the right year for it to happen in 92 but for me nothing will ever beat Milton Keynes bowl,as for the lads touring I'm hoping for another 2 or 3 tours left for them yet

Yeah I gutted I never saw them before 92 but my 1st ever gig was end of 89... Transvision Vamp (boy I loved Wendy James) and as no internet back then never knew when gigs were on etc. Kids have no idea how easy it is these days.. Must say the forest settings was unbelievable... Brilliant venue.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 54 - 68
Pat.2000
June 10, 2017, 8:58am Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 20 minutes
Quoted from croftyuk

18/06/92 - Phantasmagorical tour - Manchester Apollo
09/11/96 - Tiny Tour - Manchester Apollo
11/04/97 - Cowboy Tour - Manchester Arena
13/12/97 - Fans club only - Manchester Academy
13/12/02 - Fans club Xmas gig - Birmingham Sanctuary nightclub
13//02/03 - Other Tour - Preston Guildhall
11/03/05 - Nightbird Tour - Preston Guildhall
04/06/05 - Nightbird Tour - Massey Hall Toronto
02/09/05 - Blackpool Illuminations
16/04/06 - Acoustic Tour - The Lowry Manchester
12/09/07 - LATEOFT Tour - Preston Guildhall
25/09/07 - LATEOFT Tour - Royal Albert Hall London
25/06/11 - Total Pop Tour - Dalby Forest
15/10/11 - Tomorrow's World Tour - Corn Exchange Edinburgh
21/10/11 - Tomorrow's World Tour - Preston Guildhall
04/11/11 - Tomorrow's World Tour - Blackpool North Pier
25/11/14 - Violet Flame Tour - Preston Guildhall
15/12/14 - Violet Flame Tour - The Forum London
28/05/17 - World Be Gone - Albert Hall Manchester
06/02/18 - World Be Gone - Liverpool Philharmonic

Quoted from mr first
Dec 19-89 Birmingham NEC-wild tour
Sept 1-90 Milton Keynes bowl-wild tour
Apr 6-97 Birmingham NEC-cowboy concerts
Feb 13-03 preston guildhall-the other tour
May 18-03 Manchester Apollo-the other tour
May 21-03 Wolverhampton civic hall-the other tour
Mar 9-05 Manchester Apollo-erasure show
Mar 16-05 Wolverhampton civic-erasure show
Apr 17-06 Nottingham royal concert hall-acoustic tour
Sept 16-07 Wolverhampton civic hall-LATEOTW tour
June 17-11 sherwood pines-total pop tour
Oct 23 -11 Wolverhampton civic hall-tomorrow's world tour
Nov 29-14 Wolverhampton civic hall-violet flame tour
May 28-17 Manchester Albert hall-warm up show
Feb 11-18 Birmingham o2 academy-world be gone tour

Wow...that's impressive.

Are you sure you both aren't Vice & Andy?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 55 - 68
mr first
June 10, 2017, 7:03pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Pat.2000

Wow...that's impressive.

Are you sure you both aren't Vice & Andy?

I wish I was Vince or andy but my list isn't an impressive as some
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 56 - 68
mr first
June 10, 2017, 7:06pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from croftyuk

Yeah I gutted I never saw them before 92 but my 1st ever gig was end of 89... Transvision Vamp (boy I loved Wendy James) and as no internet back then never knew when gigs were on etc. Kids have no idea how easy it is these days.. Must say the forest settings was unbelievable... Brilliant venue.

Aaah Wendy James now your talking
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 57 - 68
glazball
June 11, 2017, 2:01am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I remember years ago seeing Mike Depaz in the audience of the Sanctuary DVD.  The concert was in the UK and he is in the US - surely it couldn't have been him??  But it was!  Correct me if I'm wrong Mike - my memory is a bit hazy but I believe you told me that you did indeed travel to the UK and see the show.  For the life of me, I'm not able to find you again on the DVD.

However, looky who I did find!!

This screenshot is from around 44:57 during A Little Respect

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 58 - 68
Pughie
June 11, 2017, 11:18am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from glazball
I remember years ago seeing Mike Depaz in the audience of the Sanctuary DVD.  The concert was in the UK and he is in the US - surely it couldn't have been him??  But it was!  Correct me if I'm wrong Mike - my memory is a bit hazy but I believe you told me that you did indeed travel to the UK and see the show.  For the life of me, I'm not able to find you again on the DVD.

However, looky who I did find!!

This screenshot is from around 44:57 during A Little Respect

That's me lol

The first time we met up-

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 59 - 68
dcd747
June 12, 2017, 1:20am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 17 minutes
Here's my list.  14 times in all, which is a drop in the bucket compared to some of you (very jealous!).  Looking at the list, I can't believe that some of the gaps between shows is so large.  I guess that just means I'm old.     The Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour has been unmatched in terms of quality and energy but I have to say my second show on the Erasure Show tour has a special sentimental place for me.

1992-10-17 - Detroit, MI - Music Hall - Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour
1992-10-19 - Detroit, MI - Music Hall - Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour
1997-03-17 - Toronto, ON - Guvernment - US Tiny Tour
1997-03-21 - Pontiac, MI - Clutch Cargo's - US Tiny Tour (met V & A briefly outside for the first time!)
1997-05-23 - Ann Arbor, MI - Hill Auditorium - Cowboy Concerts
1997-05-24 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre - Cowboy Concerts
2003-03-03 - Pontiac, MI - Clutch Cargo's - The Other Tour
2005-04-29 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre - Erasure Show
2005-04-30 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre - Erasure Show (got engaged right after this show!)
2005-06-04 - Toronto, ON - Massey Hall - Erasure Show
2006-05-06 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorum - The Acoustic Tour (met Vince at a Subway restaurant in the afternoon before the show!)
2007-07-31 - Detroit, MI - Music Hall - Light at the End of the World Tour
2011-09-17 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater - Tomorrow's World Tour (my wife won us a meet and greet)
2014-10-01 - Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Violet Flame Tour
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 60 - 68
glazball
June 12, 2017, 6:33pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from dcd747

2006-05-06 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorum - The Acoustic Tour (met Vince at a Subway restaurant in the afternoon before the show!)

Wow, great list dcd - looks like you've met V&A a few times but this one made me chuckle!

What on earth do you say when you meet one of your music idols buying a 6 inch??  "I love your music!  Have some extra cheese, on me!"

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 61 - 68
Islanderab
June 12, 2017, 8:12pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
17 days 3 hours 42 minutes
Really fun to look back. Took a while to put all these together (with a huge help from setlist.com):
1990 - Feb - Wild Tour at MSG
1990 - Aug - Wild Tour at Jones Beach (2 shows) - felt like a greatest hits tour and probably my favorite concerts after Phantasmagorical
1991 - Oct - Met them at Club Industry in Long Island - Chorus signing
1992 - Oct - Phantasmagorical Tour at Beacon Theatre (7 shows)
1997 - Mar - Irving Plaza
1997 - Jun - Cowboy Concert at Radio City Music Hall
2003 - Mar - The Other Tour at Beacon Theatre (2 shows)
2005 - Apr - Erasure Show at Irving Plaza
2006 - May - Acoustic Tour at Society for Ethical Culture
2011 - Sep - Tomorrow's World at Terminal 5
2013 - Aug - Regeneration Tour at Irving Plaza (Andy Solo)
2014 - Sep - Violet Flame at Borgata, Atlantic City

That's 18 total Erasure concerts. Feeling really old right now.

Quoted from MikeyC

Wow, we must know each other! I've been at just about every show you wrote about above, starting with Phantasmagorical at The Beacon! (I saw the show on Halloween, which was insanely fun since much of the audience dressed up in costume!)

I saw the U.S. version of the "Tiny Tour" at Irving Plaza... In fact, I was invited to come during the day and set up the bottles of bubbles and blow up balloons and watch the sound check!

Both Cowboy Tour shows in NYC -- Radio City and Hammerstein Ballroom (always thought it was odd that they booked two different venues and had to schlep the set and equipment just 15 blocks away the next day!)

Both nights of The Other Tour at The Beacon.

I saw 8 out of the record-setting 10 "Erasure Show" concerts at Irving Plaza. Tickets were around $35 and the venue is a short walk from my apartment -- how could I not??

I also attended the Boston "Erasure Show" (since I'm good friends with a die-hard fan from Boston, who often travels to NYC for their shows...)

Saw the Union Street Acoustic Tour at the Society for Ethical Culture (a beautiful, intimate venue). Before the show I walked into the wrong restroom which was actually turned into a dressing room for Val and caught her changing!!

True Colors Tour at Radio City -- where V & A played about 4 songs... a nice teaser for the upcoming "real" tour.

Saw the LATEOTW tour at McCarren Park in Brooklyn and in Red Bank, New Jersey! (a nice train ride to a lovely, quaint town.)

Saw the Tomorrow's World Tour both nights at Terminal 5.

Attended the Regeneration Tour show at Irving Plaza -- just Andy solo -- and honestly it was a bit disappointing. The video screen was all messed up and was stuck on a page with instructions like "Press Play", etc.  

And saw The Violet Flame tour both nights at Terminal 5 including New Year's Eve, which was thrilling!

I'm sure I'm missing something... I've attended all their NYC signings, including at the old Tower Records in the Village, the old Virgin in Times Square, etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 62 - 68
dcd747
June 12, 2017, 8:51pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 17 minutes
Quoted from glazball

Wow, great list dcd - looks like you've met V&A a few times but this one made me chuckle!

What on earth do you say when you meet one of your music idols buying a 6 inch??  "I love your music!  Have some extra cheese, on me!"

Well, I didn't see him and whomever he was with go into the restaurant, but apparently my wife did and didn't say anything.  When we got in line behind them I clued in and then had to debate about the etiquette of asking for a picture during lunch time.  Since he was in line and not actually eating yet, I determined it was okay and meekly said hi, explained that I was a big fan, and asked if I could get a picture with him.  He obliged, but I didn't prolong the meeting.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 63 - 68
MikeyC
June 12, 2017, 11:17pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
^ OMG, fantastic photo!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 64 - 68
Pat.2000
June 13, 2017, 7:33am Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 20 minutes
^^Lucky so and so

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 65 - 68
Pughie
February 18, 2018, 8:56pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Updated February 2018

BPM Tour 1986

The Circus Tour 1987

The Innocents Tour 1988

The Wild! Tour 1990

The Tiny Tour 1996

The Cowboy Tour 1997

Acoustic gigs 2000

EIS Sanctuary gig 2002

The Other Tour 2003

EIS 04 Convention 2004

The Erasure Show 2005

The Acoustic Tour 2006

Record store signings 2007

Billed as Erasure & Friends it included Alison Moyet & th first ever live performance of Never Never with Feargal Sharkey

It rained from the moment the gates opened until we left but it didn't dampen our spirits

Excellent 12" versions of a few classic hits with the feel of a nightclub lightshow.

Robbie Williams Heavy Entertainment Warm Up Shows 2017
28th May - The Albert Hall, Manchester

World Be Gone Tour 2018
11th February Birmingham O2 Academy
12th February Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
23rd February London Eventim Apollo
A disco in the Amsterdam Red Light district!,an all new stage set made up of three boxes two for the Val & Emma and one for Andy with Vince perched on top with his synths and flashing tambourine.

Andy's Torsten The Bareback Saint 'Erasure Family' second rehearsal show St James Theatre London 26th July 2014,Andy Bell Is Saint Torsten Manchester,Torsten The Beautiful Libertine Above The Stag London,An Evening With Andy Bell Above The Stag London,The Pink Festival Cambridge (Andy Bell),The Society Club Torsten Book Launch London.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 66 - 68
Pat.2000
February 18, 2018, 9:09pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 days 20 minutes
I was at the Cowboy show at Wembley too. I remember deciding to go alone at the last minute.  Lived on sardines and rice for 5 days until my next dole money as it skint me

Ditto the Tiny tour at Ilford Island about a year earlier. Dubstar were good as well. Broke as hell but some things stay in the memory forever

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 67 - 68
Mikedepaz
February 20, 2018, 1:58am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
My big touring days are over but I will hopefully make it to gig number 71 come July

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 68 - 68
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    General Boards    Erasure Fans  ›  How many times have you seen Erasure live?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread