Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
How many times have you seen Erasure live?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    General Boards    Erasure Fans  ›  How many times have you seen Erasure live?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

How many times have you seen Erasure live?  This thread currently has 11,030 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
November 9, 2012, 10:57am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
156 days 8 hours 31 minutes
BPM Tour
My first gig ever at the Coventry Poly (october 11th 1986),Andy,Vince and the 2 backing singers came on waving 'sparklers',that was the height of the stage set!,a great show and the start of what has become a major part of my life my Erasure obsession! Footage from this venue appears on the live at the seaside video during If I Could. A highlight of the evening for me was standing in the foyer waiting to go into the hall this guy just walked through the centre of the crowd,i recognised him as someone i knew but couldn't place his name......by the time he had gone out of sight,i remembered who it was.....Vince Clarke!

The Circus Tour
The only tour i missed,i didn't have transport at the time,i was gutted. (april 14th 1987 Birmingham would have been the gig)

The Innocents Tour
April 13th & 14th,Aug 10th Charity gig, Nov 15th & 23rd 1988
It was great hearing Phantom Bride,plus the growing number of future classics that seem to flow from A&V. The Innocents video was filmed at the nov NEC gig,that was a great live set being the first gig that they played Stop!,Knocking On Your Door & The Hardest Part.

The Wild! Tour
Dates are blurry for this tour but i did go to about 4 gigs (without checking my ticket stubbs etc) plus the gig of all gigs sept 1st 1990 at the Milton keynes Bowl,the all day fest of great music Adamski,Was Not Was,Electribe 101 & of course Erasure.
The whole atmosphere for an outdoor gig was great,mexican waving galore!

The Phantasmagorical Tour
I only went to one gig this tour at the Hammersmith Apollo,what can you say about this tour?,the whole event and thats what it was an event was brilliantly conceived. The stage set was truly a work of art,the revolving doors that completely changed the set everytime they were revolved.The dancers,Annique & Veronique,plus that star of the show......the technology rigged 'Tank'. Oh ok A&V were great too,just one long Erasure-fest,only stopping for breath during the interval,which also included A&V displaying their balls.......Bingo balls!
Truly the most spectacular of all tours.

The Acoustic Promo gigs 1995
I was lucky enough to go to the Bobby Browns gig Nov 27th,we were met at the door by Janet giving out 'Erasure' promo t-shirts,i was just happy that she remembered my name when i got to the door!
An intimate and very unique gig at the time,being the first time they had really embraced the 'acoustic' format for a gig.

The Tiny Tour 1996
Oct 28th,Nov 7th,Nov 11th-A nice little hence Tiny tour,a minimal set but all the crowd favourites were there complete with the all new In My Arms track from the not yet released Cowboy album,plus the Oxford gig was filmed for the Tiny Tour video. They also handed out credit cards with numbers on for a competiton run with the IMA single.

The Cowboy Tour 1997
I had already booked what i thought were my 2 gigs for this tour the NEC & Bournemouth BIC,then i found out that i had won tickets with the beforementioned IMA single competition,so i won tickets to a 3rd show,which i chose the Wembley Arena gig. Later it transpired that i had also been given aftershow party passes,this was the first time i had my picture taken with Andy. A great tour plus the brilliance that was Heaven 17 as support. A great live show with a great cowboy themed stage set.....a highlight being Vince dressed as a guitar playing cactus!

The year ended with the first ever EIS fan club gig in Manchester,an excellent ending to the year with a free gig for mad fans like me,plus the only time Erasure did Depeche Mode!

Acoustic gigs 2000
Back to basics in 2000 with the 2 gigs i attended,the first being the sept 1st ICA gig in London showcasing Mute acts,the second being the oct 14th Pitcher & Piano gig for Radio 2 with Richard Allinson,this being really the point where the gig attendances were now turning into reunions with my now longterm e-buddies,where we could finally start calling each other by our real names!

EIS Sanctuary gig
December 13th 2002-The 2nd EIS fan club gig,now we were really getting well aquainted with each other!  This gig was breathtaking for me,i actually had tears in my eyes during the gig because it got so emotional during the performance hearing songs that i never thought they would play again,it really was an eclectic mix of tracks quite special.

The Other Tour
Feb 19th,May 5th & 6th,12th,14th,17th,21st,30th
My monster tour trek,the first gig at Norwich was my least fav of all gis mainly because i think the venue is terrible for gigs,a lack of view being the main gripe,but i did hear Mad As We Are as they dropped that after this show.
Due to Andy's illness the London dates were put back till may but it just got better and better,aftershow parties and more e-photo opportunities,plus i stayed overnight at some good e-friends houses,plus the 4 hour trek to the Toon!,cheers Cactus!
The tour that got friends together and great times for me.
Also at the last gig in London we also did the G-A-Y gig.

EIS 04 Convention
Not an erasure gig as such,but with Eraser being joined onstage for 2 songs with Andy Bell a highlight for many people at the event. THE best way to get to know new e-fans.

The Erasure Show
March 5th,7th,16th. Another extravaganza for fans,wild forest themed stage set,the added bonus of 2 support acts,Piney Gir & the excellent client. Nightbird being hailed as the return to form for Erasure (i didnt know they lost their form!),anyway a great tour plus the end of the year saw Andy touring solo oct 6th,dec 3rd,playing live tracks from his debut (and excellent) album Electric Blue.

The Acoustic Tour
April 17th,19th,only 2 gigs this time acoustic not being my favourite way to see Erasure,but they certainly put on a great show,revamping many older high energy tracks into C&W hoe-downs a shock for the ears,but a nice one. Plus i met Richard Hammomd (Bass player) & Steve Walsh at the stage door afterwards and they were really nice guys.

Record store signings
HMV Birmingham-only 6 songs 3 new ones and a signing a 'taster' for whats to come. plus meeting the boys backstage afterwards was a highlight.

The Light At The End Of The World Tour 2007
Oxford,Nottingham,Wolverhampton,Leicester & London
A great tour meeting many new friends and meeting up with V&A at all the gigs except the Albert Hall gig,where i met Claudia!!

Mute Short Circuit Festival 14th May 2011

EIS Total Pop Tour re-hearsal The Fleece Bristol 9th June 2011

Total Pop Tour-Cannock Chase 24th June 2011

Tomorrow's World Tour 2011
Leicester,Nottingham & Wolverhampton
All the old faces returning after a long 4 year wait,but the show was well worth it with that amazing stage set and the new songs sounding great.

The Violet Flame Tour 2014
Reading,Nottingham & Wolverhampton.

............ to be continued

PS during my years as a fan ive also been lucky enough to go to various other `live` events outside of the usual tours,including the Century FM gig in Leicester during the Nightbird Tour-the Blackpool Lights switch on featuring Andy & MHC doing Erasure songs where we were outnumbered 50-1 by McFly fans! the Lee Mack Show recording with Andy for BBC Radio 2. A few G-A-Y appearances for the Hits! CD release,Erasure DJ'ing etc. The Mermaid Theatre 'It Takes Two' featuring Andy,Jimmy Somerville & Heather Small.
Andy's Torsten The Bareback Saint 'Erasure Family' second rehearsal show St James Theatre London 26th July 2014

(feel free to move over any posts you've made in the older Pe3 forum,like ive done)

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
suec
November 10, 2012, 9:11am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
6 hours 31 minutes
I have no idea, don't keep track, first gig was at the hammersmith tank swan etc, tiny tour Newcastle, ( all at this time in life omd were my main band) Birmingham sanctuary, ops tour, by this time I'm on the Internet and never looked back from following erasure on their tours etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 68
Danger
November 11, 2012, 9:39am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 16 hours 2 minutes
Quite easy for me: Dublin 2011 first Irish night of Total Pop tour.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 2 - 68
mattalki
December 21, 2012, 9:12pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 hours 23 minutes
1st:  March 1st, 1990 in Boulder, CO.  the Wild! tour.  
2nd:  June 9th, 1997 in Denver, CO for the Tiny Tour, Part 3.
3rd:  May 29th, 2005 in Denver, CO for the Erasure Show
4th:  May 16th, 2006 in Denver, CO for the Acoustic Tour
5th:  June 10th, 2007 in Denver, CO at the True Colors Tour
6th:  September 2nd, 2011 in Orlando, FL for the Tomorrow's World Tour.

My favorite one is still the Wild! tour.  That one was absolutely amazing.  It blew me away.

I also enjoyed the Tomorrow's World tour, as we won backstage passes and got to meet the band.  

Good times.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 68
AnnL78
February 12, 2013, 1:03am Report to Moderator

Erasure Forever!
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 hours 22 minutes
How can I forget my very first Erasure gig in 2002 in Sanctuary Birmingham (now only living 30 minutes away), the EIS Christmas concert was
truly amazing!

My next adventure was during the Erasure Show in 2005 having so many fantastic memories!
I could do it over and over and over again! (I did 7 gigs I think and was very ill at the end of it, lol  )

Ok, don't mean to boast....

So, I did some during the Acoustic Tour but have forgotten how many...

Also did a few during LATEOTW tour....again - teflon pan memory...but did a few!

I don't think it was until 2011 during one of Erasure latest tour, I got to see them in Southampton.
Highlights of the tour was: Getting to the front (because I'm not very tall), seeing Vince and Andy coming out back stage after tour...
Andy was in a hurry, whilst Vince was chatty one (we shook hands and for a not so very tall bloke, he's got a VERY firm handshake!).
Made my night even more special  

All good times and fab memories!

I miss all my Erasure buddies!!!!

Ann  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 68
Mikedepaz
October 12, 2013, 1:26pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
26 days 12 hours 10 minutes
The Sanctuary show in 2002 was the most special show I have ever attended in the 67 times I have seen them. I got to see a show in England, amongst the biggest Erasure fans at the time. see a real show that I thought they had stop touring and thought they were going to be a studio band, hear songs I have not heard in a long time, got to go to the EIS headquarter in MUTE and see all the rarities and stuff kept there. Also got to meet Pughie, Ann, Johnny Morris and lots and lots more fans  

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 68
Hergallego
December 10, 2013, 4:25pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 13 hours 20 minutes
We are not so lucky in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I saw them in their first visit (1990, Wild! Tour, Velez Sarsfield Stadium, approx. 50.000 people), in the second one (1997, Cowboy Tour, Broadway Theatre -and also a small acoustic performance for a Radio programme) and in the third and last one (2011, Total Pop Tour, twice).
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 68
Mikedepaz
December 10, 2013, 4:54pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hergallego
We are not so lucky in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I saw them in their first visit (1990, Wild! Tour, Velez Sarsfield Stadium, approx. 50.000 people), in the second one (1997, Cowboy Tour, Broadway Theatre -and also a small acoustic performance for a Radio programme) and in the third and last one (2011, Total Pop Tour, twice).

They could play Argentina for a week and sellout every show. Argentina fans are the best in the world. Very dedicated and passionate.

When I Needed You has become  B-side Hit over there

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 68
Cesar
December 10, 2013, 11:57pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 days 18 hours 9 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
They could play Argentina for a week and sellout every show.

You're absolutely right, Mike. They played two nights at the Luna Park in 2011, and both were sold out. A whole week of Erasure here would be Wonderland for us.  

Quoted from Mikedepaz
Argentina fans are the best in the world. Very dedicated and passionate.

Quoted from Mikedepaz

And they had to play it live here during the last tour, or else, Andy would have had to sing it a cappella... again, just like in 1997.

C├ęsar

Private Message Reply: 8 - 68
Danger
January 1, 2014, 7:22pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 16 hours 2 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz

They could play Argentina for a week and sellout every show. Argentina fans are the best in the world. Very dedicated and passionate.

Well said, amazing fanbase and it's stunning how they are passionate even if Erasure has often forgotten their fans overthere (few concerts in decades, no promotion and so on...).

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 68
Hergallego
February 5, 2014, 6:08pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
7 days 13 hours 20 minutes
Mute doesn't care about argentinian fans: Snow Globe has not been released in Argentina. It's a pity.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 68
Charlotte
February 5, 2014, 8:34pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 days 1 hours 24 minutes
Quoted from Hergallego
Mute doesn't care about argentinian fans: Snow Globe has not been released in Argentina. It's a pity.

there may be an issue with finding a release label for Argentina, there may be other red tape blocking releases. Have other albums been released in Argentina

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 68
Pughie
February 5, 2014, 8:50pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Hergallego

They have enough problems getting their own country to buy the album,nevermind others  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 68
Mikedepaz
February 5, 2014, 11:24pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
That can be said for most parts of the world now. Big label companies in other countries have dropped what Mute would distribute. So I would say you now have the internet to order direct.

I will say it is rather SHOCKING that Argentina crazy fans would not have a licenced label to sell music down there. They could easily sell 5-10000 copies of records based on the fan base

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 68
Pughie
February 6, 2014, 8:19am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Mikedepaz

I will say it is rather SHOCKING that Argentina crazy fans would not have a licenced label to sell music down there. They could easily sell 5-10000 copies of records based on the fan base

Just think how much money they would have made doing the deluxe box set there.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 68
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    General Boards    Erasure Fans  ›  How many times have you seen Erasure live?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread