Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Zang Tuum Tumb or if you like ZTT
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    General Boards    Other Bands/Artists  ›  Zang Tuum Tumb or if you like ZTT
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Zang Tuum Tumb or if you like ZTT  This thread currently has 15,677 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
October 21, 2012, 10:35am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD-Frankie Said

After a couple of years of ZTT archival projects that have resulted largely in 2CD expanded deluxe reissues and twelve inch compilations, Salvo Records are keeping things relatively simple this autumn with a series of one-disc ‘best of’ collections.

Two weeks ago came Propaganda‘s Noise And Girls Come Out To Play, a greatest hits selection for the masses, with enough unreleased edits and quirkiness to keep the faithful interested. In the same vein Frankie Goes To Hollywood‘s hits are gathered on to one compact disc and will be released as Frankie Said on 5 November 2012.

All seven singles are present and correct (Salvo are claiming eight, with War! counted as a single due to its double A-side status on 12-inch) including the three number ones from the Welcome To The Pleasuredome album. Some album tracks and a live cut are also included.

A few CD debuts should be enough to encourage fans to dip into their Frankie slush fund and place an order for Frankie Said. Previously unreleased on CD tracks include Relax (the last seven inches), a promo-only mix also known as the Warp Mix, and a seven-inch version of the Warriors Of The Wasteland Attack Mix. Two Tribes (we don’t want to die) is the relatively rare seven-inch picture disc mix, and a Frankie compilation wouldn’t be complete without a few twelve inch mixes, with remastered versions of the classic Annihilation and New York remixes of Two Tribes and Relax respectively, doing the honours.

Track listing:

1. Two Tribes (introduced via the piano of Anne Dudley)
2. The Power of Love
3. Relax (the last seven inches)
4. Two Tribes (we don’t want to die)
5. War!
6. Welcome to the Pleasuredome (a remade world)
7. Ferry Cross The Mersey (and here I’ll stay)
8. Rage Hard (Bob K remix)
9. Watching the Wildlife
10. Born to Run (live on The Tube)
11. Warriors of the Wasteland (attack) seven inch
12. Kill the Pain
13. Maximum Joy
14. Two Tribes (annihilation) twelve inch
15. Relax (New York) twelve inch
16. The Power of Love (…best listened to by lovers)

check out the opening track on Amazon,the beautiful piano intro by Anne Dudley
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=.....eywords=frankie+said

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Pughie
November 9, 2012, 10:46am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
Frankie Goes To Hollywood-Sexmix coming in august 2012

As reported on this blog back in August last year, ZTT/Salvo Music are set to release a new two-CD compilation featuring material from the archive of legendary ’80s chart toppers, Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Sexmix: Archive Tapes and Studio Adventures, Volume One, collects together rare and unearthed material from original cassette singles (singlettes), CD singles and shines a light on favourite B-side material.

All seven of Frankie‘s UK singles are featured in one form or another, from Relax (originally released in 1983) to Watching The Wildlife (February 1987). Fans can look forward to some rarities such as the CD debut of the full Welcome To The Pleasuredome cassette single (effectively a mini-album) and unique, remastered mixes of Rage Hard and Warriors of the Wasteland which have been out-of-print for a quarter of a century.

Sexmix is coming on 6 August, and boasts this splendid front cover which perfectly captures the spirit of Frankie Goes To Hollywood circa 1984. Full track listing below the image.

Track listing:

CD1: Frankie Goes To Hollywood in The Pleasuredome, a Zang Tuum Tumb singlette in five parts: Happy Hi! (All in the Body), The Soundtrack from Bernard Rose’s Video of the Welcome to the Pleasuredome single, Get It On, Welcome to the Pleasure Dome (How to Remake the World), Happy Hi! (All in the Mind); Relax (International); The Power of Love (I’ll Protect You From The Holocaust) can be read in various ways but, for the sake of CD indexing, has six distinct sections: The Power of Love (extended, singlette – as opposed to 12” – version), The World is My Oyster (Trapped), Holier Than Thou (FGTH’s Christmas message), The World is My Oyster (Scrapped), Holier Than Thou (further festive messaging), The Power of Love (instrumental, singlette version); The World is My Oyster (at its full length); Don’t Lose What’s Left, Rage Hard + ++ *.

CD2: Extracts from Relax, From Soft to Hard, Dry to Moist: Relax (Sex Mix), Later On (from One September Monday), Ferry Cross The Mersey (…and here I’ll stay); Music from and inspired by Two Tribes (Keep The Peace): Two Tribes (singlette extracts), One February Friday (singlette extracts), War (somewhere between Hidden and Hiding); Further elements from The Liverpool Look: Warriors of the Wasteland (Compacted), Do You Think I’m Sexy?, Watching the Wildlife (Voiceless).

all info from-http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 55
Pughie
November 9, 2012, 10:47am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
PROPAGANDA will release a 'classics and rarities' compilation entitled 'Noise And Girls Come Out To Play - A Compact Introduction To…' on September 3rd via ZTT.

'Before You Start You Already Bleed' / Dr Mabuse (Anton Corbijn Video Mix) / Femme Fatale (The Woman with the Orchid) / Duel (Thirds) / Testament Five / Jewel (Rough Cut) / P:Machinery (Beta) / P:Machinery (Alpha) / Dream Within A Dream / Wonder / Lied / Frozen Faces (A Secret Sense of Sin) / Testament Six / Im Stahlnetz Des Mabuse (a 12inch Dance Mix) / Das Testaments Des Mabuse / (The Ninth Life of) Dr Mabuse / Strength to Dream (As Testament Seven) / P:Machinery (Zbigniew Rybczynski Video Mix) / Femme Fatale (The Orchid)

CD Description
A Zang Tuum Tumb compact compilation containing noise-shots from the records A Secret Wish, Wishful Thinking, Duel, Do Well, P:Machinery, the Nine Lives of Dr Mabuse and Propaganda's studio sessions during the years spent taping at Sarm Studios, 1983 to 1986.... In other words: The best of the highly influential Propaganda on ZTT; classics and rarities from a band once described as 'Abba from hell', although they are much more interesting than that rather glib tag implies. They were a Düsseldorf band, and with hindsight you can see them as the halfway point between the city's most famous sons, Kraftwerk, and the common European language of techno-pop that flourished in Ralf and Florian s wake. Ralf Dörper, a bank employee, music writer and member of Düsseldorf industrial-electronic band Die Krupps, founded Propaganda with part-time DJ Andreas Thein and jeweller-goldsmith Susanne Freytag. None was a musician in the conventional sense but they made a demo version of 'Discipline' by Throbbing Gristle which found its way to NME writer Paul Morley (then in the process of setting up ZTT with Trevor Horn and Jill Sinclair),who signed them. Horn discovered he had a great facility with Propaganda's mixture of beautiful and sinister, but by 1984 Frankie Goes To Hollywood were consuming all of his time. It was therefore decided that Propaganda (now expanded to include Michael Mertens and Claudia Brücken) would be produced by Horn s engineer Steve Lipson and with Lipson at the controls A Secret Wish became perhaps ZTT s best-realised album and one that has grown in stature ever since. 'I loved that album,' says Horn. 'And a lot of other people loved it too. 'Quincy Jones called Horn, wanting to license A Secret Wish for America. Horn kept him on the phone for an hour talking about Jones's work with Frank Sinatra. 'And if you listen to Michael Jackson around that time,' Horn says, 'He started to sound a lot like Propaganda. A lot of industrial sounds...'

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 55
Siren Song
November 28, 2012, 2:17pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 9 hours 1 minutes
I just wonder how many new material from the band known for just 1 album are they going to release? I mean: I've got the 20 years anniversary edition, the 25 anniversary 2 CD edition and... suddenly ... something else...  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 55
Pughie
November 29, 2012, 7:39am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
Quoted from Siren Song
I just wonder how many new material from the band known for just 1 album are they going to release? I mean: I've got the 20 years anniversary edition, the 25 anniversary 2 CD edition and... suddenly ... something else...  

I have been thinking that for a while nearly every new Zfrankie release has yet more unreleased tracks added.
There is yet to be another Sexmix Volume 2 & The Art of the 12" Volume 3.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 55
Pughie
April 17, 2013, 8:04pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
Zambient One

Posted on 17.04.13
Announcing Zambient One, ZTT's very personal collection of modern day lullabies (and wake-up calls).

The soundtrack to an imaginary road movie in three parts that heads off from Sarm Studios in West London on a torrential Friday night and arrives at the burning embers of Studios Mediterraneo in Ibiza just in time for sunrise on Sunday.

Part One – Art of Noise: ‘Moments in Love’ (Beating Hart’s Mix), Hoodlum Priest: ‘Sex Spirit’, 808 State: ‘Pacific 212’ (Justin Strauss Mix), Adamski and Loretta Heywood as L.a.z.y.: ‘When We Were Young’ (Starfish Mix)

Part Two – Tracey Ullman: ‘I Know What Boys Like’, Jona Lewie: ‘Always Find Me in the Kitchen at Parties’ (Alkalino’s Rework), Frankie Goes To Hollywood: ‘Relax’ (Sex Mix, Edition Two), Instinct ‘Sleepwalking’ (12” Extended Mix), Novecento ‘Day and Night’ (David Morales’ Def Mix)

Part Three – : Propaganda: ‘Dream Within a Dream’ (Within a Dream), Kirsty MacColl: ‘Walking Down Madison’ (6am Ambient Mix), Heights of Abraham: ‘Dolphins’, Mint Juleps: ‘Only Love Can Break Your Heart’

It's all yours, on Zang Tuum Tumb, from 03 June 2013 in Europe and 04 June 2013 in North America. Pre-order it physical copies from Amazon now.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 55
Pughie
June 2, 2013, 5:33pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
ZTT will release their new compilation Zambient One (out now),but what you may not be aware of is the fact that they are set to celebrate their thirtieth anniversary with a trio of further releases (via Salvo Music) in September 2013.

The third volume of their popular Art Of The 12″ series will finally see the light of day, a full 18 months on from the previous issue. One track we know this will feature is Watching The Wildlife (Movement 2), because this was mentioned when it was included it on the Japanese Edition of Frankie Goes To Hollywood compilation Frankie Said.

Speaking of Frankie, the second release will be a deluxe edition of the standard European version of Frankie Said. No track listings are available at this stage, although we could see the selection repeating the Japanese issue (this was a 2CD set) or ZTT might possibly come up with something completely new.

Most intriguing is the final set, called The Organisation Of Pop. This phrase has been used in various ZTT settings over the last few years, so there is some logic to giving a music release this title. No details on this whatsoever – other than the name – but some kind of multi-disc anthology might be likely.

All three releases are due out on 12 September 2013.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 55
Mikedepaz
October 13, 2013, 2:23am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
22 days 18 hours 50 minutes
I find it amazing that ZTT keeps any sort of following. This stuff they pull of is just unbelievable and they keep doing it.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 55
Pughie
November 28, 2013, 9:03pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
ZTT/Salvo will issue a third volume of their popular The Art of the 12″ compilation series in February 2014, almost exactly two years after the previous volume was issued.

Alongside Frankie Said (Deluxe Edition) and The Organisation of Pop (London Edition), The Art of the 12″, Volume Three will help mark the 30th Anniversary of ZTT Records.

Like the previous set, this two-CD remix compilation contains reworkings of familiar ZTT material, alongside remixes of tracks by acts that have some loose connection to the label or the personnel within.

So inevitably, we get contributions from Frankie Goes To Hollywood (Rage Hard – Vocal/Remix), Art Of Noise (Close (To The Edit) Original Ruff Mix) and Propaganda (Complete Machinery), but alongside these tracks sit selections such as the Video Mix of Sigue Sigue Sputnik‘s Love Missile F1-11, Mad House – an instrumental dub version of Madness‘s Our House – and the 12″ version of The Belle Stars‘ Sign Of The Times.

The Art of the 12″, Volume Three will be released on 10 February 2014.

Track listing

CD1

1. Star Cycle – a soundtrack from The Tube (Jeff Beck via Art of Noise)
2. Love Missile F1-11 (Video Trailer Mix) (Sigue Sigue Sputnik)
3. Love Missile F1-11 (Video Mix) (Sigue Sigue Sputnik)
4. Snobbery & Decay (The Naked Civil…) (Act)
5. Fabergé, take one (Art of Noise)
6. Escape From New York (Video Mix) (Nasty Rox Inc.)
7. Close (To The Edit) (Original Ruff Mix) (Art Of Noise)
8. Leave It (Hello, Goodbye Mix) (Yes)
9. Complete Machinery (Propaganda)
10. Medea Terrorists (Living) (Das Psych-Oh! Rangers
11. Fabergé, take two (Art of Noise)
12. Language Problems (Extended Version) (Electric Guitars)
13. Rage Hard (Vocal/Remix) (Frankie Goes To Hollywood)
14. Pop Muzik (Darkside/MM Devo Remix) (M)
15. Network 7: opening titles (Steve Levine/Julian Lindsay)
CD2

1. The Look of Love (Parts I, II, III & IV) (ABC)
2. Sleepwalking (Movement Two) (Instinct
3. Watching The Wildlife (Movement Two) (Frankie Goes To Hollywood)
4. Scottish Writer Of The Year (Pencil and Paper Mix) (Andrew Poppy)
5. Mad House (Our House Instrumental Dub Version) (Madness)
6. Sign Of The Times (Extended 12” Version) (Belle Stars)
7. Docklands (12” Version) (Mint Juleps)
8. Something Special (Inversion) (Stephen Duffy & Sandii)
9. Jazz (Via Vagabond)
10. The Word: opening titles (808 State)
11. Moments In Love (Massey Mix Two) (808 State Vs.Art of Noise)
12. Network 7 (12” Version) (Steve Levine/Julian Lindsay)
13. A Friendly Warning (12” Version) (Act)
14. The Tube: opening titles V.2 (Andrew Poppy)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 55
Pughie
November 28, 2013, 9:09pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours

The long rumoured Deluxe Edition of ZTT/Salvo’s Frankie Goes To Hollywood Frankie Said compilation is released on 10 February 2014.

This expanded version of the 2011 hits compilation will be putting up the bunting and blowing up balloons to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of ZTT Records. Two further releases will join Frankie Said to help mark the occasion – they are The Art of the 12″, Volume Three and The Organisation of Pop (London Edition).

This new Frankie Said, maintains the 16-track CD of the first release and adds a DVD packed full of promo videos, Top Of The Pop appearances and even some old commercials. See full track listing below.

Track listing

CD

1. Two Tribes (introduced via the piano of Anne Dudley)
2. The Power of Love
3. Relax (the last seven inches)
4. Two Tribes (we don’t want to die)
5. War!
6. Welcome to the Pleasuredome (a remade world)
7. Ferry Cross The Mersey (and here I’ll stay)
8. Rage Hard
9. Watching the Wildlife
10. Born to Run (live on The Tube)
11. Warriors of the Wasteland (attack) seven inch
12. Kill the Pain
13. Maximum Joy
14. Two Tribes (annihilation) twelve inch
15. Relax (New York) twelve inch
16. The Power of Love (…best listened to by lovers)
DVD

1. Relax (promo video)
2. Relax (live version) (promo video)
3. Relax (laser version) (promo video)
4. Two Tribes (promo video)
5. Two Tribes (video destructo) (promo video)
6. The Power of Love (promo video)
7. The Power of Love (version 2) (promo video)
8. Welcome to the Pleasuredome (an alternative to reality) (promo video)
9. Welcome to the Pleasuredome (the escape act) (promo video)
10. Rage Hard (promo video)
11. Warriors of the Wasteland (promo video)
12. Watching the Wildlife (promo video)
13. Relax (5/1/84) (Top Of The Pops)
14. Two Tribes (9/8/84) (Top Of The Pops)
15. Welcome to the Pleasuredome (28/3/85) (Top Of The Pops)
16. Rage Hard (4/9/86) (Top Of The Pops)
17. Two Tribes (25/12/84) (Top Of The Pops)
18. The Power of Love (25/12/84) (Top Of The Pops)
19. Relax (25/12/84) (Top Of The Pops)
20. Wish (The Lads Were Here) (The Oxford Road Show)
21. War! (The Oxford Road Show)
22. “Relax – No.1 and Guiltless” version 1 (Commercial)
23. “Relax – No.1 and Guiltless” version 2 (Commercial)
24. “The Power of Love – Win Hearts and Minds” (Commercial)
25. “Welcome to the Pleasuredome – The Event of the Decade” (Commercial)
26. “and meanwhile… backstage”

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 55
Pughie
November 28, 2013, 9:14pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
The Organisation of Pop (London Edition)  – a two-disc, 38-track anthology of the first 30 years of ZTT Records – will be released on 10 February 2014, the same date as Frankie Said (Deluxe Edition) and The Art of the 12″, Volume Three.

The track listing of this set differs significantly from the New York Edition of the same title, issued in the US back in October. The selections are more European-centric, with for example, Seal’s Crazy replacing Kiss From A Rose, and all three of Frankie‘s UK number ones included on disc one.

The first CD features 19 hit singles from 1983 to the present day, while disc two strolls off the beaten track somewhat and includes tracks like Glenn Gregory and Claudia Brücken’s When Your Heart Runs Out Of Time (2012 version) and Piccadilly Circus by Adamski’s Thing.

Notes by Paul Morley are included in the accompanying 24-page booklet.

Track listing

CD1 (The Action Series)

1.     Grace Jones ‘Slave To The Rhythm’
2.     Seal ‘Crazy’
3.     808 State ‘Pacific 707’
4.     Frankie Goes To Hollywood ‘Relax’
5.     Art Of Noise ‘Close (to the Edit)’
6.     Propaganda ‘Duel’
7.     Seal ‘Kiss From A Rose’
8.     Frankie Goes To Hollywood ‘The Power Of Love’
9.     Tom Jones ‘If I Only Knew’
10.   Shades Of Rhythm ‘Extacy’
11.   MC Tunes vs. 808 State ‘The Only Rhyme That Bites’
12.   Propaganda ‘Dr Mabuse’
13.   808 State ‘In Yer Face’
14.   Frankie Goes To Hollywood ‘Two Tribes’
15.   David Jordan ‘Sun Goes Down’
16.   Shane MacGowan & Sinéad O’Connor ‘Haunted’
17.   Kirsty MacColl ‘Angel’ (Piano Version)
18.   Claudia Brücken ‘Thank You’
19.   Art of Noise ‘Moments In Love’
CD2 (The Incidental Series)

1.     Act ‘Snobbery & Decay’
2.     Instinct ‘Sleepwalking’ (7” Version)
3.     Anne Pigalle ‘Hé Stranger’
4.     Das Psych-oh! Rangers ‘Homage To The Blessed’
5.     Nasty Rox Inc. ‘9th Wonder’ (7” Version)
6.     Hoodlum Priest ‘Caucasian’
7.     Sun Electric ‘I Feel Free’
8.     Mantra ‘Intensify (I Love You)’
9.     Sexus ‘How Do You Kiss?’
10.   All Saints 1.9.7.5. ‘Silver Shadow’ (7” Version)
11.   Leilani ‘I Am The Greatest’ (II)
12.   Public Demand ‘Invisible’ (Trevor Horn’s Invisible 7”)
13.   Lee Griffiths ‘Sign Of The Times’
14.   Lisa Stansfield ‘The Moment’
15.   Art Of Noise ‘Overture From The Seduction Of Claude Debussy’
16.   Adamski’s Thing ‘Piccadilly Circus’
17.   Aurora ‘Craving’ (7” Mix)
18.   Glenn Gregory & Claudia Brücken ‘When Your Heart Runs Out Of Time’ (2012 Version)
19.   Andrew Poppy ‘The Amusement’ (7” Edit)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 55
Mikedepaz
November 29, 2013, 1:44am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
ZTT at it again. This stuff is really geared to the maybe 100 hardcore followers who care and remember this label. I can't believe they put so much effort every anniversary that comes up and manage to dig up something new.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 55
Pughie
November 29, 2013, 9:57am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours
Quoted from Mikedepaz
ZTT at it again. This stuff is really geared to the maybe 100 hardcore followers who care and remember this label. I can't believe they put so much effort every anniversary that comes up and manage to dig up something new.

Yes but is it 'new' the answer is no,most of the 'un-released' material is slight variations of what came out officially,it's common knowledge everything they did was put down on tape,all the remixes etc and alternate versions,just look at Relax how many variations can you have?

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 55
Mikedepaz
November 29, 2013, 2:47pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
I just find it funny that they think they are still relevant beyond the 100 hard core fans they still have.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 55
Pughie
March 30, 2014, 7:46pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
151 days 18 hours

ZTT remix track listing
Blank & Jones will soon release "so80s presents...ZTT" a unique project that sees the German-based DJs remix a bunch of classic tracks originally recorded for Trevor Horn's ZTT Records. These are not your standard remixes however, since to keep them authentic-sounding only the original multi-track tapes are being used for the project – no new sounds are being introduced.

We are delighted to exclusively reveal the full track listing to the two-CD compilation. Blank & Jones have ditched the original idea to have a 'megamix' on the second disc and the whole package is devoted to standalone remixes. Fans of Frankie Goes To Hollywood will be delighted to read that all seven of the band's UK singles are included, alongside album tracks "Black Night White Light" and "San Jose". Three tracks from Propaganda and the Art of Noise's "Moments in Love", complete the 13-track collection.

Propaganda - Duel
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Rage Hard
Frankie  - Black Night White Light
Propaganda - A Dream Within A Dream
Frankie - Relax
Propaganda - Dr. Mabuse
Frankie - Two Tribes
Frankie - Warriors Of The Wasteland
Frankie - Welcome To The Pleasuredome
Art Of Noise - Moments In Love
Frankie - The Power Of Love
Frankie - Watching The Wildlife
Frankie - San Jose
All of the remixes above are dubbed "Blank & Jones so8os Reconstruction" and the running order is not final. Exact timings will follow but most of the remixes run for around 10 minutes with "Pleasuredome" an epic 17 mins! Stay tuned to SuperDeluxeEdition.com in the coming weeks because we hope to share some audio from this collection.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 55
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    General Boards    Other Bands/Artists  ›  Zang Tuum Tumb or if you like ZTT

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread