Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Clarke & Ware-The House Of Illustrious
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    Vince Clarke    House Of Illustrious (2012)  ›  Clarke & Ware-The House Of Illustrious
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Clarke & Ware-The House Of Illustrious  This thread currently has 7,737 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Pughie
October 16, 2012, 9:51am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
157 days 16 hours 32 minutes
This new 10CD deluxe boxset will be announced this friday 19th october 2012,prices and details of how to order from
Lexer Music will be released along with details of the tracklistings of the 10 CD's of which 8 will be un-released music
from the vaults of Clarke & Ware including all their soundscapes.

This release is limited to only 1000 copies each signed by Vince & Martin and will be released on november 26th 2012.

Am i in Wonderland or Tomorrow's World Be Gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Pughie
October 19, 2012, 1:25pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
track listing
disc 1
1.The 4th Place (63:26)2.The Game of Their Lives (07:45)The 4th Place A huge party for Sony PlayStation at the Royal Arsenal at Woolwich featuring the invisible 3D soundscape realization of the 'Third Place' - a 'mashup' of sound elements from many PS games to create a surrealistic ambience - also featured a 3 hour ambient live performance with Erasure and Vasko Vassilev.

The Game of Their Lives Soundtrack to accompany award-winning documentary about the 1966 North Korean football team in the World Cup.

disc 2
1.Knots Pt 1 (04:53)2.Knots Pt 2 (03:59)3.Knots Pt 3 (03:59)4.Knots Pt 4 (04:11)5.Knots Pt 5 (04:49)6.Transparent Mirrors (10:42)7.Virtual Wishing Tree (14:39)8.On Public Display (09:25)Knots Pt 1 - 5 Collaboration with Royal Ballet choreographer and dancer Vanessa Fenton - performed in the Clore theatre.

Transparent Mirrors Installation featuring surrealist glass sculptures created by the artists Philip Tsiaras and the master Venetian glass-maker Silvano Signoretti - together with a 3D soundscape of the typical sounds of Venice.

Virtual Wishing Tree Sound installation created for the Interfaith Center in New York. The public were asked to phone a number and answer a question - 'What is your wish?'. The responses were recorded and then integrated into the soundscape.

On Public Display The second collaboration between Illustrious and Vanessa Fenton, this time featuring a new composition and choreography on the subject of the famous fictitious story of Petrushka the tragic clown (voiced in the final scene by Erasure's Andy Bell). The 3D soundscape was installed in Linbury Theatre at the Royal Opera House.

disc 3
1.New Ages of Man (06:12)2.Town and Country (14:33)3.Helios Suite (10:00)4.Imagine a World… (16:00)5.Timepiece (16:00)New Ages of Man The 3rd Royal Ballet collaboration was an electronic series of pieces created to accompany a student choreographic piece by Christina Sundt, this time inspired by original maypole songs.

Town and Country A series of sheds were installed in the huge garden at the rear of the V&A Museum in London - 12 artists were asked to modify the sheds according to their taste. Illustrious created a 3D sound shed featuring the sounds of the British countryside, very rudely interrupted every 15 minutes by extreme urban cacophony.

Helios Suite A series of compositions in 3D sound to accompany the BP Helios Awards - the awards were given for achievements in various brand attributes - Partnership, Green, Innovation, etc.

Imagine a World… This installation is essentially a modified version of 'Virtual Wishing Tree' except this time the question asked to the public was 'What would the world be like if there were no violence towards women?' The final 3D soundscape was installed in the barge House near the Oxo Tower on the South Bank in London.

Timepiece An epic 3D soundscape - 24 hours of content - 12 x 2 hour pieces by different sound artists responding to the sounds of Mexico City - Illustrious contribution featured a composition based around the tonalities of the barrel-organ grinders in the gardens of the Palacio Di Belles Artes.

disc 4
1.Shine (61:00)Shine Illustrious were commissioned to create a 3D soundscape based on the sounds of manufacture and use of cutlery and silverware in the Metalwork Gallery in the V&A Millennium Galleries in Sheffield. Field recordings were made at most of the last remaining cutlery manufacturers in Sheffield.

disc 5
1.Everytime I See the Sea… (11:37)2.Diaspora Magnet (12:09)3.Tokyo Soundscape (02:17)4.Vegas (06:26)5.2007 FPS A London Conversation (06:54)6.Ghost Machine (10:03)Everytime I See the Sea… A powerful exhibition about the aftermath one year on of the Asian tsunami featuring an immersive accompaniment using 3D sound staged at the Truman Brewery.

Diaspora Magnet Three different 3D soundscapes created as part of 'Echo City' - a conceptual meditation on the nature of urban experience - in this case based on Sheffield. A collaboration with several Sheffield artists including Ian Anderson from The Designer's Republic and curated by Jeremy Till for the British Council at the British Pavilion at the Venice Architectural Biennale.

Tokyo Soundscape A five senses installation in Paris to launch the new Kenzo perfume 'Tokyo' - a collaboration with Skrapic Consulting - creating a fully interactive, multisensory impression of contemporary Tokyo.

Vegas To demonstrate their new HD Audio, Illustrious were commissioned to compose an immersive piece for DTS at AES in Las Vegas.

2007 FPS A London Conversation A collaboration with visual digital artists D-Fuse, A London Conversation is a visual and spatial mashup of films about London from the new digital archive at the BFI. 300 metre long projections were enhanced by 3D soundscape outside the National Theatre.

Ghost Machine Bringing the gallery to life - that was our self-imposed brief to reanimate the amazing and enormous Cast Courts at the V&A Museum in London. Mixing and matching different periods of history and geographical locations, this installation was for one night only and was exceptionally popular.

disc 6
1.Starbirth (23:02.Futurescape 1 (08:33.Futurescape 2 (08:46)4.Futurescape 3 (08:37)5.New City (07:22)Starbirth Illustrious was commissioned to create an interlocking series of soundscapes to link the newly renovated Space Galleries at the Royal Observatory at Greenwich, and also the first presentation in the brand new Planetarium. First presented to HM Queen Elizabeth II in person.

Futurescape 1 - 3 A contemplative series of 3D soundscapes composed to create a semi-hypnotic and futuristic ambience at the brand new Global Network Operations Centre for AT&T in New Jersey, USA.

New City Collaboration with Greg Lynn, Alex McDowell and Imaginary Forces to create an immersive 'cave' with back projection, 3D soundscape and state of the art animations. The subject matter is the concept of the whole world's population being sited in one giant city, and the consequences, manifest as a conceptual website.

disc 7
1.SoundLife London (30:00)2.Kubla Khan Soundscape (03:13)3.Feelosophy (24:33)SoundLife London An enormous project - a one-hour 3D soundscape covering the whole of Leicester Square Gardens encompassing a distillation of the sound life of London, with the help of various community groups, youth clubs, schools, ethnic associations and reminiscence groups. With the help of City Of Westminster and the Arts Council.

Kubla Khan Soundscape A soundscape inspired by the famous Coleridge poem 'Kubla Khan' for BBC Radio 4.

Feelosophy A collaboration with Design Bridge to create an exhibition in 3D sound and objects about Clerkenwell.

disc 8
1.The Sound of Diamonds (17:46)2.Sparking Reaction (24:00)3.Remote Experiments (05:42)The Sound of Diamonds A hypnotic and engaging 3D soundscape for installation in a new series of retail stores selling the world's most expensive diamonds = Hearts On Fire.

Sparking Reaction A collaboration with the Science Museum London and BNFL to examine the issues surrounding nuclear power - installed at the Sellafield visitors centre.

Remote Experiments A series of experiments automatically generated by a piece of software called Remote - created by Andy Cameron from Fabrica - webcams are analysed for luminance and movement which then generates a soundscape based on sound palettes created by Illustrious.

disc 9 - Pretentious
1.Music For Multiple Dimensions (14:17)2.Open Our Eyes (07:52)3.Too Deep For Tears (09:24)4.I Think I'm In Love (09:01)5.The East Is Falling (09:35)6.Wilderness/Turbulence (08:01)7.Disappearing Breakthroughs (06:39)8.The Light Far Away (07:43)Pretentious The album was created using Animix 3D visualisation software and a Lake Huron 3D audio processor, Animix being specifically written to help create pieces of music for the auditorium.

The first track 'Music For Multiple Dimensions', was the first piece of music commissioned by and composed for the National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield, and is performed there several times daily in the Soundscapes 3D auditorium.

disc 10 - Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle
1.White [you are in heaven] (12:37)2.Yellow [you are on a beach] (12:01)3.Red [you are in the womb] (12:39)4.Blue [you are underwater] (12:20)5.Green [you are in a forest] (12:03)6.White [you are in heaven again] (12:15)Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle The tracks draw inspiration from colours and their associated sensations, moods and images, each evoking a different location and creating the related feelings of beauty, harmony and tranquility in the listener.

The recordings originally premiered as part of a 2-hour performance at the Roundhouse in London in February 2000, staged in a white clothed lined room, 12 metres in diameter, covered with the colours referred to in the title of each segment.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 44
Pughie
October 19, 2012, 1:27pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
http://shop.lexermusic.com/index.php?p=product&id=761&parent=45

£79.95 pre-order from lexermusic link above,also visit the microsite-
http://www.clarkewareboxset.com/#

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 44
mattalki
October 19, 2012, 3:38pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
4 hours 23 minutes
I sooooooo want to pick this up, but the $130 price tag (plus shipping) is going to make it near impossible.  I've got both Pretentious and Spectrum pursuit Vehicle, and think they're pretty decent ambient albums, but I'm not so sure about spending that kind of coin on this set.  We'll have to see how it goes.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 44
Pughie
October 20, 2012, 2:58pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from mattalki
I sooooooo want to pick this up, but the $130 price tag (plus shipping) is going to make it near impossible.  I've got both Pretentious and Spectrum pursuit Vehicle, and think they're pretty decent ambient albums, but I'm not so
sure about spending that kind of coin on this set.  We'll have to see how it goes.

I actually thought this boxset would be far more expensive to buy,i was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting it to be
over £100,when you put that with the cost of the TW boxset at just over £20 the cost of the packaging for this should
price it higher but for 8CDs of all new material its as if your paying £10 per CD with the added bonus of the 2 albums
already available plus the packaging.
I would like to see the photos Richard has mentioned he's seen of the finished article,i can't understand why they've not
been put onto the website alongside all the info.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 44
ben
October 20, 2012, 6:44pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
19 days 21 hours 3 minutes
I am very excited about this release, and can't wait to see the whole box in all it's glory....
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 44
OomphPoomftie
October 21, 2012, 7:56am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
44 days 20 hours 49 minutes
The Winchester Social Club, Garden City, Sconnie Botland
It's a shed load of music for 80 oncers......Ticked all the right  boxes for me to order.  

Yes folks, this is a big one, the high...light of the week. The Holiday Princess Competition..Now, now Dad, put down those Field Glasses.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 44
Gareth Pugh
October 21, 2012, 1:04pm Report to Moderator
Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 16 hours 52 minutes
Quoted from Pughie

I actually thought this boxset would be far more expensive to buy,i was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting it to be
over £100,when you put that with the cost of the TW boxset at just over £20 the cost of the packaging for this should
price it higher but for 8CDs of all new material its as if your paying £10 per CD with the added bonus of the 2 albums
already available plus the packaging.
I would like to see the photos Richard has mentioned he's seen of the finished article,i can't understand why they've not
been put onto the website alongside all the info.

Hiya Pughie

Me too, I had it in  my head it might be somewhere between £150-200 so was actually quite pleasantly relieved.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that they are planning to reveal the packaging etc. in one of the 2 video clips that they are (by the looks of it) deliberately keeping under wraps by means of a teaser campaign, as the release date gets closer.

Looking forward to it

cheers!
G
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 44
Pughie
October 21, 2012, 3:39pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Gareth Pugh

If I were a betting man, I'd say that they are planning to reveal the packaging etc. in one of the 2 video clips that they are (by the looks of it) deliberately keeping under wraps by means of a teaser campaign, as the release date gets closer.

Looking forward to it

cheers!
G

I think you might be right,but it seems silly to put something that sounds so amazing & unique on a website without a decent idea of what it is your buying. Especially when the price tag is so high.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 44
gabila
October 24, 2012, 5:45am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
2 hours 21 minutes
I gave up some time ago on CD releases because I don't listen to CDs anymore. Welcome to the ipod era.
Hopefully they will release mp3s too.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 44
Pughie
October 24, 2012, 8:12pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from gabila
I gave up some time ago on CD releases because I don't listen to CDs anymore. Welcome to the ipod era.
Hopefully they will release mp3s too.

That is a very good point Gabila,there has been no mention of whether this release will make a digital release,i don't
think that its going to happen as stated by Richard that this run of 1000 units will not be released again,and i'm sure that if it was they would've made that clear by now.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 44
Pughie
October 26, 2012, 9:44am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Visualisations of boxset
(taken from clarkewareboxset.com)

The video 'extract 2' is also now available to view.

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 44
Danger
October 29, 2012, 6:14pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 days 16 hours 2 minutes
For sure a release not for me. I could not listen all this ambient music 8 discs long and for 80£. Useless release for me, only for very hard ambient/Vince fans.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 12 - 44
Pughie
November 9, 2012, 9:01pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Photos of the finished boxset-

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 44
skery
November 12, 2012, 7:51pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
17 days 48 minutes
sampler on soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/sets/the-clarke-ware-experiment/s-WSqGX

really like what I'm hearing - track 4 features Andy oohs and aahs
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 44
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    Vince Clarke    House Of Illustrious (2012)  ›  Clarke & Ware-The House Of Illustrious

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread