Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Erasure fans introduce yourself here
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

erasure4rum    General Boards    Erasure Fans  ›  Erasure fans introduce yourself here
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Erasure fans introduce yourself here  This thread currently has 10,173 views. Print
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
silvergirl92
September 6, 2014, 4:53pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from AIRAZUR

You can also become a member without writing.

You can also use Google Translate tool...   )

Perdón, no tengo Facebook  
E-mail Reply: 30 - 117
billyburg129
September 6, 2014, 6:57pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 days 20 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Hi Billy
You are correct, it was Wonderland TCP and before that it was called the VinceClarke mailing list, Wonderland even had some nice tshirts made up back then. Glad to see you over here. Saw Erasure manytimes over in NYC and went to all the cool record stores in The village looking for Erasure rarities  

Cheers
Mike

Mike, I've done the same.  I was at Bleeker records and came across a bootleg of one of the NYC phantasmagorical entertainment shows.  It was great because if I remember correctly it had a live version of Joan on it.  One of my favs.  I subsequently lost it and was crushed.  Anyone else have it?  Looking to replace it and would settle for a copy rather than the original.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 31 - 117
Mikedepaz
September 7, 2014, 2:36am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
28 days 14 hours 42 minutes
Hi Billy
I will look in my archives and see if I have this one. I also use to go to ReBel Rebel which the owner was a huge erasure fan. He would mention Andy would pop in while in the city. I also liked and hated Record Runner. They had a great selection of stuff but the owner was very snooty and rude. It was like you did him a favor when you came in. And god forbid you touch any records on the wall of fame, unless you were buying at his crazy prices. eBay brought him down to earth.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 32 - 117
MikeyC
September 7, 2014, 3:35am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Quoted from Mikedepaz
Hi Billy
I will look in my archives and see if I have this one. I also use to go to ReBel Rebel which the owner was a huge erasure fan. He would mention Andy would pop in while in the city. I also liked and hated Record Runner. They had a great selection of stuff but the owner was very snooty and rude. It was like you did him a favor when you came in. And god forbid you touch any records on the wall of fame, unless you were buying at his crazy prices. eBay brought him down to earth.

Dave from Depeche Mode considers "Rebel, Rebel" his favorite store in the world and goes in all the time!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 33 - 117
AIRAZUR
September 7, 2014, 9:53am Report to Moderator

ERASURE Humanum Est - l'Humour Tujurs
Big Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
52 days 5 hours 29 minutes
Quoted from 1607

Perdón, no tengo Facebook  

Time to enter the XXIrst century, babe !   
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 34 - 117
Mikedepaz
September 8, 2014, 5:58am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from MikeyC

Dave from Depeche Mode considers "Rebel, Rebel" his favorite store in the world and goes in all the time!

Very true Mikey. I think he lives somewhere in the area and pops in on a regular basis. Rebel has been around NYC fora long, long time and it's always a great place to get lost in.

Am I In Tomorrows World or in a Sweltering Violet Flame? oh look- World Be Gone!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 35 - 117
starlight
September 8, 2014, 12:28pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi! Simon here... huge fan since 1991. Along with Orbital Erasure are the best musical duo to come out of... the planet; ever! A huge hello to all erasurettes out there and here's to massive success for The Violet Flame! xxx
E-mail Reply: 36 - 117
Mikedepaz
September 8, 2014, 12:55pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Great to see you here Simon, massive Orbital  fan myself.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 37 - 117
Terry Taylor
October 19, 2014, 3:33pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
1 hours 39 minutes
Hello Erasure Friends. I was on the forum years ago. I recognize a few of you from there. I'm Terry and I'm happy to be back.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 38 - 117
MikeyC
October 19, 2014, 3:35pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
9 days 6 hours 37 minutes
Quoted from Terry Taylor
Hello Erasure Friends. I was on the forum years ago. I recognize a few of you from there. I'm Terry and I'm happy to be back.

Great to have you!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 39 - 117
larry
October 19, 2014, 10:28pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
10 days 22 hours 54 minutes
Hi everybody. My name is Larry and I am from Minneapolis, MN. Have been an Erasure fan since I first saw the Chains of Love video on MTV!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 40 - 117
Mikedepaz
October 20, 2014, 12:17am Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from larry
Hi everybody. My name is Larry and I am from Minneapolis, MN. Have been an Erasure fan since I first saw the Chains of Love video on MTV!

Oh the hanging Andy Bell getting bonked by chains in the air. When Empty-TV actually played VIDEOS   Welcome into the house of Erasure Larry

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 41 - 117
Erasured
October 20, 2014, 7:48pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
8 days 2 hours 4 minutes
Hi guys I'm Dave from ireland, been a fan since '88, seen them live many times in ireland , Edinburgh and Cardiff, going to the 2 Dublin shows in November, can't wait!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 42 - 117
Mikedepaz
October 20, 2014, 10:54pm Report to Moderator

MOD
Posts Per Day
Time Online
Quoted from Erasured
Hi guys I'm Dave from ireland, been a fan since '88, seen them live many times in ireland , Edinburgh and Cardiff, going to the 2 Dublin shows in November, can't wait!

Welcome aboard from the Emerald Green  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 43 - 117
erasure
October 21, 2014, 1:12am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
12 hours 21 minutes
Hi,

First saw Erasure way back when they were touring with the Wonderland album.  They played a small night club here in
Toronto called The Copa.  I've been a fan ever since that night and although I like some albums more than others, The Violet Flame has become an instant favorite!!!  
     Sadly, I only speak English and when I'm drinking I don't speak that very well either.
regards,

p.s I bought the Wonderland album on cd and had to have it replaced 3x because it skipped in exactly the same place on every copy...now that's a devoted fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 44 - 117
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Print

erasure4rum    General Boards    Erasure Fans  ›  Erasure fans introduce yourself here

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread