2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

billyburg129

2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Post by billyburg129 »

So DM are current in 6th place in the Fan Vote for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They need to be in the top 5 to be considered. They are trailing Judas Priest by 3,500 votes. GO VOTE! You can vote every single day. They must break the top 5.

kwerty

Re: 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Post by kwerty »

Link to voting page here: https://vote.rockhall.com/

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Islanderab

Post by Islanderab »

From billboard.com

"Moody synth-pop pioneers Depeche Mode will be represented in the RRHOF by Vince Clarke, Andy Fletcher, Dave Gahan, Martin Gore, Alan Wilder"

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

I think Vince will attend the ceremony but is unlikely to join the core three on stage. He knows DM's induction is about their massively successful and influential career of 40 years; not for one album in 1981.
Last edited by MikeyC on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

MikeyC wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 am
I think Vince will attend the ceremony but is unlikely to join the core three on stage. He knows DM's induction is about their massively successful and influential career of 30 years; not for one album in 1981.
You also once told me there was no way Vince would be included in the nomination. No offense, but on this, I hope your track record holds up. ;)

If not for Vince, there would be no DM. Each of them may have found success in the music industry due to their talents, but Vince founded the band and its predecessors. There is zero doubt that he deserves to be on that stage; even if he doesn't feel he does.
:rttsvin:

Plus, I think most of us would prefer if he did take the stage; if not even perform. Whoa...got a little woozy there for a second. ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

Tin Soldier wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:04 am
MikeyC wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 am
I think Vince will attend the ceremony but is unlikely to join the core three on stage. He knows DM's induction is about their massively successful and influential career of 30 years; not for one album in 1981.
You also once told me there was no way Vince would be included in the nomination. No offense, but on this, I hope your track record holds up. ;)

If not for Vince, there would be no DM. Each of them may have found success in the music industry due to their talents, but Vince founded the band and its predecessors. There is zero doubt that he deserves to be on that stage; even if he doesn't feel he does.
:rttsvin:

Plus, I think most of us would prefer if he did take the stage; if not even perform. Whoa...got a little woozy there for a second. ;)

Hmmm, not sure I ever said he wouldn’t be included in the nomination. He was part of the founding of the band and the Hall of Fame usually includes those figures. Not worth arguing about; we can always agree on our passionate love of Erasure! :)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Yes, indeed. :)

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

(Photo courtesy of E4M member Matt)
Rating: 50%

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Pughie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:08 am
(Photo courtesy of E4M member Matt)
Just great. Wish I thought of that one. ;)

Return to “Depeche Mode”