Chorus 3CD Remaster (2020)

Erasure at their very best
mrblue

Re: Chorus 3CD Remaster (2020)

Post by mrblue »

That's great news that you have yours Tin! Sorry you have to wait until the official release date Friday to listen :D

I would suspect that only the test/review copies have the hype sticker affixed directly.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

mrblue wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 pm That's great news that you have yours Tin! Sorry you have to wait until the official release date Friday to listen :D
Uh huh.
mrblue wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 pm I would suspect that only the test/review copies have the hype sticker affixed directly.
You'd think that, but neither my mailed copy of FMTM nor the one a local Barnes & Noble had back then have stickers above or below the wrapper, while all those overseas in the UK, etc, seemed to have them (and YES, I'm still sore about that). As a result, I assume nothing when it comes to BMG/PIAS possibly tweaking things for export.

If there's an ocean between you and me, let me know if you find yourself removing shrinkwrap very very carefully.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:
kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Tin Soldier wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:48 pm If there's an ocean between you and me, let me know if you find yourself removing shrinkwrap very very carefully.
Ah! You're talking about those stickers they put on over the shrinkwrap? Yeah, I just rip the lot off and bin it.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

kwerty wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:23 am
Tin Soldier wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:48 pm If there's an ocean between you and me, let me know if you find yourself removing shrinkwrap very very carefully.
Ah! You're talking about those stickers they put on over the shrinkwrap? Yeah, I just rip the lot off and bin it.
:shock:

But, but, there MUST be room on your Trapper Keeper for it. How will the girls (or boys) know you're cool?!

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Tin Soldier wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:13 am :shock:

But, but, there MUST be room on your Trapper Keeper for it. How will the girls (or boys) know you're cool?!
I was only joking!

No, what I do is I tear off the shrinkwrap and then carefully try to peel the sticker away. That doesn't usually go so well (it's difficult because the shrinkwrap is stretchy) so, what I do then is take a pair of scissors and cut carefully around the sticker. Once I'm happy enough that it's neat and tidy, I dab some glue on the back and press it down onto the CD cover, trying my best to smooth out any lumps and creases so that it can look just it did when it was delivered, but minus the shrinkwrap plastic of course, with the added bonus that I can freely open it to get to the CDs.

:)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

kwerty wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:04 am
Tin Soldier wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:13 am :shock:

I was only joking!

No, what I do is I tear off the shrinkwrap and then carefully try to peel the sticker away. That doesn't usually go so well (it's difficult because the shrinkwrap is stretchy) so, what I do then is take a pair of scissors and cut carefully around the sticker. Once I'm happy enough that it's neat and tidy, I dab some glue on the back and press it down onto the CD cover, trying my best to smooth out any lumps and creases so that it can look just it did when it was delivered, but minus the shrinkwrap plastic of course, with the added bonus that I can freely open it to get to the CDs.

:)
I don't go as far anymore. If I can open the wrapper along the sealed seam, then it can serve for awhile as an extra sleeve (ideally, within another Japanese-style resealable sleeve), but if that doesn't go to plan, the wrap gets folded around it, and it goes inside the CD case (or book in this case).

Applying it to the cover itself means any future bleeding of the adhesive into the lamination of the cover is 100% my fault, and I'd rather not bear that responsibility. If it was on there to begin with, fine, it can stay, but putting it on myself is a different kettle of fish. Sometimes, if it's possible to keep the adhesive on the sticker and not the wrapper, I might peel it off the plastic and transfer it to waxed sticker backing in an attempt to retain it as if never applied. That's rarely possible, though.

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Tin Soldier wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:18 am I don't go as far anymore.
Ha. I was only joking about that as well. I was trying to conjure up the image of a badly placed, creased and lumpy sticker with tiny bits of shrinkwrap poking out if the sides! But yes... there is NO WAY I'm going stick ANYTHING onto the cover of a CD. But like you, if it's there already, I'm inclined to just leave it there. I've learned from experience to avoid trying to remove them. The worst thing is when you start and realise it's not going to come off easily, so you press that tiny bit you tried to peel back down - but now it's left looking like you once tried to peel it off.

I wish they never put stickers directly on covers anyway, but it least if they are official ones it's not so bad. It's the ones added by record stores using the strongest adhesive known to man that annoy me most! :rant:

As for the sticker on the shrinkwrap - I just remove the shrinkwrap, keep the sticker atached to it and then just save it somewhere. Maybe inside the packaging.

MrErasure

Post by MrErasure »

Does any body know if this will be on spotify or itunes tomorrow?

Thanks

ben

Post by ben »

In the UK it is as expected

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

This is too good not to post up,it’s an un-official remix video for the Turns The Love To Anger (Vince Clarke Remix) by the Vince Clarke Fan Page.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Return to “Chorus (1991)(2020 Remaster)”