Onge's Erasure Page

Erasure topics that just don't fit in the other forums!
Onge

Onge's Erasure Page

Post by Onge » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:45 pm

With a heavy site, I announce that I will be shutting down my website in the coming months:

http://www.onges-erasure-page.co.uk/new ... this-year/

mrfirst

Re: Onge's Erasure Page

Post by mrfirst » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Would like to thank you in advance for all the hard work you have put in over the years and also say thank you for giving me the lyrics of a lot of b-sides I was singing the wrong words to,it will be missed but totally understandable
Thanks

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:33 am

I’ve just seen the post about the closing of Onge’s site,this is my reply

This is sad news for sure. It’s not nice when things change and life ‘gets in the way’ of our Wonderland,children come along and yes life changes we all understand your reasoning.
Traffic numbers have dropped,that’s life,we may not accept it but Erasure is a BIG BIG thing for us hardcore fans,but in the real world you say Erasure the response is ‘who?’,or our favourite ‘oh yes the 80’s band’.
Sites like this and good old fashioned forums like my Erasure4rum.com yes new members welcome (shameless plug) are sadly becoming more & more less common,since I rebooted the E4M the numbers have plummeted as it’s no longer fashionable to use these sites,it’s FaceBook and the instant ‘hit’ of info that people seem to want.

This site has always been up there with the best,I could even stretch to saying it IS still the best unofficial Erasure website,but we can still rely on a web presence with your other outlets such as FaceBook & Twitter etc.

Thanks for all your hard work Onge,all the best with the next wave of Onge-offspring.

http://www.erasure4rum.com
(And thanks for the name check it’s always nice to see what we do is still appreciated)

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:21 am

Thank you for the years of enjoyment and all the hard work you put into the site! It will always be part of Erasure history!! xo

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Yea this is awful news! I use your site all the time for random lyrics checks and such. It will be missed! Hope you'll stick around here and lots of luck and love with whatever comes next for you :)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:15 am

I saw the earlier post on Twitter and responded there. I'm still bummed.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Onge

Post by Onge » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 am

Thanks everyone!

And especially thank you to Pughie - I've no doubt that with other subjects, people who run "rival" sites wouldn't support and encourage each other, but Erasure fans are a special breed. It's always been about being part of the Erasure family and just sharing our mutual love of the greatest band on earth and never about one upmanship between websites.

I'm sure this place will go from strength to strength - and I'm sure once talk of a new album comes out, this site will be buzzing again!
Rating: 50%

Onge

Post by Onge » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 pm

"Nothing lasts forever
Just a brief glimpse in time"

Onge's Erasure Page
1998-2019

My site has now been archived and will no longer be maintained. 😔 The archive site is available at: https://www.onges-erasure-page.co.uk

chemicalboy

Post by chemicalboy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:36 pm

"Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened"

Uttering Rubbish and Associating Words.......

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Damn Onge, I knew it was coming but it's still sad. Wish you nothing but the best!

Edit: I had read on your site that you weren't interested in keeping it archived. Is that still the case?

Return to “Erasure Chat”