I Say I Say I Say

A cartoon Erasure visit an enchanted forest
billyburg129

Re: I Say I Say I Say

Post by billyburg129 »

I'm thinking it is going to be a proper box set with all of their albums similar to what is being released by Depeche. There have been a lot of complaints about how that is a missed opportunity because no new material is being released for the DM boxset so perhaps they will do thinks right for Erasure. Wishful thinking I guess, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the Moscow to Mars effort so would consider purchasing a broader effort.
Rating: 50%

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst »

kwerty wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:04 pm
Pughie wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:56 pm
mrfirst wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:58 pm
Wonder if this has any relation to an announcement this coming Thursday from the EIS
Its possible but the Blue Savannah remix Vince was working on a while back makes you wonder.
Yeah I responded to the Tweet asking if it's going to be a double 'A' side with his remix of Blue Savannah we heard about many moons ago.

I think some people are getting excited that it's related to a forthcoming deluxe edition of I Say, I Say, I Say, but we thought that about his Blue Savannah remix and Wild! deluxe, but it never saw the light of day with that

Didn't he also once announce that he was remixing Turns The Love To Anger? There's been no further news on that either so far.

I wonder if a remix album is on the cards.

Another possibility: maybe sometimes Vince likes to just remix an old track for his own fun and entertainment! He just tells us about it. Like, you know, when he tells us about a pie he's making or something. We never get to actually eat any of it.

Of course, he did hint that the Blue Savannah remix was for something BMG had planned, so...
If Vince does remix for fun could he please share with the rest of us

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

I've been wondering about that long-ago mentioned remix of Turns the Love To Anger!!
Thank goodness we were able to enjoy the "Waiting for the Day" update on FMTM!! It's gorgeous and I have similar high hopes for these other new remixes!! 8-)

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

I got a reply from Vince on Twitter. He's told us everything we need to know...

Last edited by kwerty on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

As speculated, further Twitterings suggest it's for a 'reissue or other'...

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

I'm wondering if 'Blues Away' is going to be the 'Phantom Bride' of this release, and be issued as a single in its own right rather than as part of a bonus disc with the album (Posted this in the Very Records thread too).

So we might finally get that 'mythical' fourth Christmas single - as Tin Soldier suggested on Twitter, we've had the artwork for it for some time now...

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst »

It's a strong possibility wasn't all through the years considered to be the 4th single all them years ago,also a pop up castle would be nice

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

mrfirst wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:45 pm
also a pop up castle would be nice
Nah. We had that already. I'm thinking a full on pop-up BOOK. It should have pop-up pages featuring AT LEAST the artwork from all the singles - plus ideally some new pop-up illustrations to tell a V&A fairy tale story of digging for treasure and night clubbing.
Rating: 100%

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

kwerty wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:25 am
I'm wondering if 'Blues Away' is going to be the 'Phantom Bride' of this release, and be issued as a single in its own right rather than as part of a bonus disc with the album (Posted this in the Very Records thread too).

So we might finally get that 'mythical' fourth Christmas single - as Tin Soldier suggested on Twitter, we've had the artwork for it for some time now...

Well, we see no mention today of an EP or similar extra single release for the Chorus reissue, so I don't know about that (although I wish it were so).
mrfirst wrote:
It's a strong possibility wasn't all through the years considered to be the 4th single all them years ago,also a pop up castle would be nice
Mike Cosford actually put that to rest. It was Blues Away.
kwerty wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm
mrfirst wrote:
also a pop up castle would be nice
Nah. We had that already. I'm thinking a full on pop-up BOOK. It should have pop-up pages featuring AT LEAST the artwork from all the singles - plus ideally some new pop-up illustrations to tell a V&A fairy tale story of digging for treasure and night clubbing.
You're just toying with my emotions now. ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Tin Soldier wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:22 pm
Well, we see no mention today of an EP or similar extra single release for the Chorus reissue, so I don't know about that (although I wish it were so).
No, but we never got a similar extra single release for Wonderland, The Circus and Wild! either. What's significant about I Say I Say I Say is that, like The Innocents, it was a three-singles album with the scope for and suggestion of a fourth single that never materialised, with artwork practically ready to go!

Of course, I have no faith that this is going to happen either, and one thing the announcement for the Chorus reissue does establish is a possible precedent for adding new mixes onto the bonus disc, so it's more than likely this is where Blues Away will appear.
Tin Soldier wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:22 pm
You're just toying with my emotions now. ;)
I'm also thinking little figurines of Vince and Andy's cartoon likenesses for placing in the pop-up play sets.

Return to “I Say I Say I Say (1994)”